** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Friday Oct 12th

215 Newton Abbot:

Benatar 4/1 Corals/Laddies

I think this is a decent price for Benatar as although he is wrong at the weights i reckon first time out is a good time to catch him, especially when opposing a Nicholls runner. Benatar won his first two races over fences and then was 3rd in the JLT at the Festival, this is lot weaker than that and if he can just get a bit of cover early on he will take some stopping on thsi track/ground.

240 York 

Alermarayoum   299

Uae Prince   297

Mikmak   294

These 3 are clear Of rest so I'll try 4pt wins top 2 at 9/2 And 6/1 

425 York 

Comacho chief 288

East street revue 285

Watchable  281

Dark shot 281 

Top 2 4pt wins 6/1 And 12/1 

535 York 

Gin in the inn  288

Tresorior   286

Fendale  286 

Classic pursuit  283

Top3 I think 5pt wins at 10/1 14/1 And 16/1 

20 hours ago, BillyHills said:

215 Newton Abbot:

Benatar 4/1 Corals/Laddies

I think this is a decent price for Benatar as although he is wrong at the weights i reckon first time out is a good time to catch him, especially when opposing a Nicholls runner. Benatar won his first two races over fences and then was 3rd in the JLT at the Festival, this is lot weaker than that and if he can just get a bit of cover early on he will take some stopping on thsi track/ground.

Always best to back in running then you can see how they run! Sometimes get a bigger price, or usually the same!

Anyone see the Cornwallis Stakes at Newmarket ?

What a brilliant win by Sergei Prokofiev …… not so much that he won as he was favourite but the way the race developed

Basically he got trapped behind the whole field as they drifted over to the rail ….. with about two fulongs to go

The way he got out and ran through the whole pack was tremendous.

17 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Anyone see the Cornwallis Stakes at Newmarket ?

What a brilliant win by Sergei Prokofiev …… not so much that he won as he was favourite but the way the race developed

Basically he got trapped behind the whole field as they drifted over to the rail ….. with about two fulongs to go

The way he got out and ran through the whole pack was tremendous.

Classy win but i'm not sure if the Newmarket form will be that genuine with the wind gusting into their faces. Sergio Prokofiev was shielded and then made a run for it as they entered the dip. It was very impressive and a very good ride in my opinion. Hopefully he will stay at sprint distances next year or will he go to the States??

:ok

6 minutes ago, BillyHills said:

Classy win but i'm not sure if the Newmarket form will be that genuine with the wind gusting into their faces. Sergio Prokofiev was shielded and then made a run for it as they entered the dip. It was very impressive and a very good ride in my opinion. Hopefully he will stay at sprint distances next year or will he go to the States??

:ok

Not sure what they'll do with him … don't really associate Ballydoyle with sprinters. 

I wonder if they'll try him in a Guineas trial and if he doesn't stay have a season sprinting then off to stud if he's successful

I suppose Caravaggio from a year or two ago would be the template although he was probably a much better horse (well on what we've seen so far)