** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

La Liga Predictions > Oct 19th - 22nd

spainratings.jpg

The next round of La Liga matches aren't for another two weeks with the international break coming up. So take a browse of the odds and ratings above then share your thoughts on what bets you'll be taking on. Can Sevilla somehow get a result at the Nou Camp? Do Villarreal have enough to beat Atletico Madrid on home turf? Is Real Betis versus Real Valladolid closer than the odds suggest?

• 2 weeks later...

Valencia vs Leganes

Hello, we're back again after some time off. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Spain batter my Wales side 4-1 in the international break so always good to drift back into this forum! Our preview for this weekend is Valencia taking on Leganes in a 3:15pm kick-off this Saturday afternoon at the Mestalla.

Valencia have had a bizarre start to their La Liga season. Marcelino's side might have only won 1 game but they've also only lost 1 game. Yes, that's right. Valencia have drawn 6 of their first 8 league matches. It has to be said, some context needs to be addressed for those results because those draws have included Atletico Madrid, Barcelona, Real Betis, and Celta Vigo.

It means Los Che are languishing in 14th place but the panic button is nowhere near close to being pressed. Marcelino's side have a fantastic chance to start building up the wins with a run of games against the so-called weaker sides starting with Leganes at home tonight. That game is followed by Athletic Bilbao, Girona, Getafe, and Rayo Vallecano. All matches they will have ambitions to win.

Leganes might not be as easy a proposition as Valencia might hope. Former Southampton head coach Mauricio Pellegrino might have failed in the Premier League but he knows La Liga well. After an opening run of 5 league games without a win, Leganes have won 2 of their last 3 league matches including beating Barcelona 2-1 at home.

Unfortunately, that's the problem for Leganes. At home they are proving difficult opponents for any team. 2 wins, 1 draw, and 1 loss at the Butarque is impressive but their away record of four defeats from four matches with 2 goals for and 8 goals against is the worst in the Spanish top flight. To add to that, stretching back into last season, Leganes are now without a point in 11 league games on the road.

So it will come as no surprise that I think Valencia will win this and win it well. Marcelino's side might be misfiring in front of goal with just 6 goals scored in 8 league games but their defence is doing their job with just 7 goals conceded in 8 matches including three clean sheets in their last 5 league games.

I'm expecting a Valencia win with another clean sheet and I can see Marcelino's side getting the job done efficiently. I wasn't impressed by Pellegrino at Southampton at all. He's returning to the club he managed in 2012 and actually enjoyed a win rate of 47.6% with the club. However, he's clearly taken a knock to his confidence at Southampton and I'm not sure he'll enjoy his return to the Mestalla.

Valencia -1 @ 2.62 with Spreadex

Valencia HT/FT @ 2.40 with Ladbrokes

@Pep004, @Magic0024, @betcatalog, @malabgd, @AndreBR, @Xcout, @four-leaf, @sajtion, @Arkadi Manucharov, @Jamesboaz, @RealUnited, @allyhibs, @jazzman02, @Mr.Paul, @notanotherdonkey, @Marek76, @freestylerx, @DonPaulo, @fhuefdsa, @laprikon, and @derbent, which bets are you guys going to be placing this week?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding La Liga

Celta scored in last 7 home games in La Liga.
Alaves scored in last 3 away games in La Liga.
Celta scored in last 12 games in La Liga.
Alaves scored in last 6 games in La Liga.

You can find interesting 76 Football Betting Streaks for 19.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-19-10-2018-11674

Celta de Vigo v Deportivo Alavés

Celta de Vigo: Araujo (8/0 d, suspended), Mazán (0/0 d), Jensen (1/0 m), Gómez (8/4 f, 2nd top scorer)

Deportivo Alavés: Fernando Pacheco (8/0 first goalkeeper, doubtful), Maripán (6/0 d), Guidetti (6/0 f), Adrián Marín (2/0 d), Twumasi (2/0 f), Rodrigo Ely (0/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Real Madrid - Levante
Under 3,5 goals @ 2,25 (Pinnacle)

If the "right" Real will show up tomorrow then this bet will probably sink, but considering current situation that Real has been woeful in front of goal and not scoring in over 400 minutes, then under 3,5 @ 2+ odds is value for me. Doesn't really matter at the moment who is the opponent, it's just a bet against Real Madrid attacking problems.

Villarreal - Atletico Madrid
Pick: Atletico Madrid @ 2,25 (Coolbet)

Villarreal has been very week this season with 8 points from 8 games and before the international break, Espanyol destroyed them properly. Their attack is pretty week and defense isn't anything special either. Atleti on the other hand is rock solid in defense and they have a habit to push this 1 goal through that is needed for the win. Expecting 1-0 or 2-0 Atleti win here.

Huesca - Espanyol
Pick: Espanyol @ 2,17 (Coolbet)

Espanyol has found the groove under Rubi this season, attacking nicely and winning games. Huesca is a bit unknown currently since they changed the coach, but I expect the away team to take the 3 points they are definitely going after in this game. 

Agreed with Stevie about Valencia as well overall, but Valencia straight win with too low odds for my taste and not too sure about covering the 2 goal handicap just yet...

Edited by dinero

Real Madrid has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in La Liga.
Levante scored in last 4 games in La Liga.
Atletico Madrid allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 7 games in La Liga.
Sevilla has over 2.5 goals in their last 6 games in La Liga.
Real Madrid allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 5 home games in La Liga.
Atletico Madrid allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 3 away games in La Liga.

You can find interesting 129 Football Betting Streaks for 20.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-20-10-2018-11677

Eibar has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in La Liga.
Athletic Bilbao scored in last 3 away games in La Liga.
Real Valladolid scored in last 5 games in La Liga.
Real Betis scored in last 4 home games in La Liga.

You can find interesting 80 Football Betting Streaks for 21.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-21-10-2018-11680