** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Serie A Predictions > Oct 5th - 7th

It's early days but I have already taken Sampdoria +1.0 AH @ 1.88 Bet365, the price just seems bizarre to me. The two teams are on a similar level, making Atalanta favourites because of home advantage is fair enough but the AH line for this game is really skewed in my view. Will update later in the week when we have more information.

Cagliari V Bologna

X @ 3.34 Marathonbet

It's difficult to see either side winning this encounter, both teams are on a similar level. Bologna lack creativity without CM Donsah and FW Palacio but they do flood the middle of the park and frustrate their opponents often. Bologna did get an important home win against Udinese at the weekend and the goals for Santander and Orsolini will give them confidence. Despite this I do not see Bologna being particularly threatening going forward. Infact, Cagliari and Bologna currently have the joint 2nd worst attack in the division.

As I've said before, Cagliari can be difficult opponents on their own turf. They will take the game to Bologna and will probably dominate the ball. One of Cagliari's main offensive weapons is attacking set-pieces, particularly with CF Pavoletti. The problem for them here is that Bologna are a big, physical team who can defend set-pieces and do well in ariel duels. Cagliari's main offensive threat could well be negated here.

To summarise, Bologna should have increased confidence going into this game but to win all 3pts in Sardinia is still a big ask for them. Cagliari will try to make the game but Bologna have the attributes to disrupt them effectively. I see an increased chance of stalemate here so I will go for X @ 3.34.

Genoa vs Parma

Nice couple of tips there, @Mindfulness. I'm all over that Sampdoria one. Atalanta are stinking at the moment so it's a great call. I'd probably favour a draw if I was pushed for an outright on that one. Here, I'm previewing the clash between Genoa and Parma at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris in an 11:30am kick-off.

Genoa are enjoying a great start to their season. Davide Ballardini's side are 6th in Serie A on 12 points. It's worth noting they have a game in hand on the teams above them. Winning that game could take them as high as 2nd place. Their form can largely be attributed to the goal-scoring form of striker Krzysztof Piatek. The Polish striker was signed for €4 million in the summer from Cracovia and made an instant impact scoring four goals on his debut including a 19 minute hat trick. At only 23 years old, he's one to watch. He's scored 12 goals in all competitions already including 8 in the league.

Parma are also doing well in the early days of the Italian league season. Roberto D'Aversa pulled off a stroke of genius by bringing in former Arsenal attacker Gervinho in on a free in the summer. The Ivory Coast player has rewarded the faith placed in him by scoring 3 goals in the league already to help move Parma to 10th in the table and just 3 points off 3rd place.

The home side hold the dominant record when it comes to head-to-head. It's three wins for Genoa and three draws in the past six meetings.Worryingly for Parma, they have only managed to earn 1 win in their 12 away matches against Genoa. That was a 4-0 victory back in January 1994. However, this will be the first time since 2015 that these two sides have played each other. So it'll be interesting to see how this one goes.

Interestingly, Parma have kept three clean sheets in their last five matches but have seen 112 shots fired at their goal in that same number of matches. This suggests that they are perhaps riding their luck at the moment and the defence may not be able to stay so strong for much longer.

I'm backing a home win here. Genoa are looking very good this season and the form of Piatek is frightening. He could score for the seventh game in a row. If you're looking for further betting options then you might want to consider Genoa keeping a clean sheet too.

Genoa to Win @ 1.87 with Sportingbet

Anytime Scorer: Krzysztof Piatek @ 2.10 with Betfair

@Pep004, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @the bastardian, @chris666, @thegeneral55, @Mindfulness, @stephen m, @teddybear3011, @jazzman02, @Bayern, @Xcout, @Valkovets, @MangoTheThird, @DonPaulo, @Franger83, @fhuefdsa, @dinero, @laprikon, @cluelessG, and @scommetix, what bets are you guys lining up here?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Serie A

Frosinone have lost their last 5 matches in Serie A.
Frosinone have failed to win in their last 7 matches in Serie A.
Frosinone have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 matches in Serie A.

You can find interesting 68 Football Betting Streaks for 05.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-05-10-2018-11519

Torino FC v Frosinone

Torino FC: De Silvestri (6/0 d), Lyanco (0/0 d), Ansaldi (1/0 d)

Frosinone: Maiello (5/0 m), Capuano (4/0 d), Ardaiz (1/0 f), Gori (0/0 m), Paganini (0/0 m), Dionisi (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Juventus scored in last 7 away games in Serie A.
Empoli has under 2.5 goals in their last 4 home games in Serie A.
Udinese scored in last 4 games in Serie A.
Juventus scored in last 12 games in Serie A.
Empoli has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Serie A.

You can find interesting 109 Football Betting Streaks for 06.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-06-10-2018-11533

On 4.10.2018 at 8:56 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

Genoa vs Parma

I agree with you, Stevie. Add the fact that Parma main goal threat Gervinho is missing this one out + the second stiker Inglese is doubtful, I can't see Parma causing too much trouble for Genoa. Genoa, on the other hand, has been playing pretty well and your call on Piatek to score is spot on. 

Genoa will be my only pre-game bet on Serie A this weekend, so nothing to add really. 

Genoa won their last 5 home games in Serie A.
Spal 2013 lost their last 4 games in Serie A.
Inter scored in last 5 away games in Serie A.
Atalanta didn’t score in last 3 home games in Serie A.
Sampdoria allowed opponents to score over 0.5 goals in last 3 away games in Serie A.
Chievo lost their last 3 games in Serie A.

You can find interesting 89 Football Betting Streaks for 07.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-07-10-2018-11542

21 hours ago, laprikon said:

Hi folks! Today interesting ,match Cagliari - Bologna  and i want to bet on away team. Odds for away team not bad. Any ideas?

Did you go ahead and back Bologna? I hope not after that 2-0 win for Cagliari. It's always tempting to back an away team when they have a couple of wins behind them but Bologna haven't won a game on the road this season so will be one to avoid as an away bet for the time being.

Any bets going on today's game? I'm looking forward to this morning's kick-off between Genoa and Parma.