Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

Non-League Predictions > October 2nd

Saturday was much better and pleasing to get a winning Nap at last with Biggleswade. Enfield did the business with ease and Solihull won with the last kick of the game. There isn't a huge amount of games this week, but I like the look of 3 teams all around the even money mark. Given I fancy them all the same strength I am going to just go with a point treble rather than the 3 singles although feel free to play them how you want.

The first team is Chester who host Hereford. Take away Chester's bizarre 8-1 defeat at Blyth and their 3-1 loss to Telford (came after two weeks off so they were rusty), then Chester have been mainly very good so far this season. Saturday they drew 0-0 with a Chorley side still flying at the top of the table and they now host a mangerless Hereford who have only picked up 1 point in their last 6 games. They did come from behind to beat Truro in the FA Cup, but then lost 3-0 to Spennymoor on Saturday. It is hard to see them getting much out of this match and they aren't in a great shape on the pitch at the moment. For some reason Chester are drifiting, but they should be odds on given how these two sides are playing at the moment.

The other two teams both come from the Evo-Stik Northern Premier. Grantham have won 4 of their last 5 and their only dropped points in that spell came when I tipped them up to beat North Ferriby and they blew a 2 goal lead! They have only lost once in the league so far this season and got a 90th minute winner against Whitby on Saturday. Hednesford aren't in great form at the moment having lost 3 of their last 4 and their only win coming against a poor Workington side.

Warrington look a solid bet to see off Mickleover Sports. Warrington went so well last season finishing in 3rd place and I wondered if they would be able to repeat that, but they went to the top of the table after beating ante-post favourites South Shields 3-0 on Saturday. That made it five wins on the bounce and their only defeat came on the opening day of the season. Mickleover's two wins this season have come against North Ferriby and Hednesford which pretty much sums up how good they are. The only danger for me is if Warrington allow their standards to drop after such a good win at the weekend, but they should win this and they should be shorter than a shade of odds on to do so.

The treble pays 6.8/1 with BetVictor.

Betfred have handicap betting on St Albans v Corinthian casuals tonight and the home side really should cover the -1 handicap which is priced up at 5/4. As we know the away side conceded 6 on Saturday and are only in the cup because another team got thrown out for playing an illegible player. I’ve had 2 points on it

Edited by Darran

@Darran

What are your thoughts on Tirquay now that they have a decent manager and a host of Bristol City loanees? I have had a tenner e/w @ 34/1 on them to win the league. I'm not saying they will win the league, but I fancy them to give it a good go now. They could surely finish top 3 or 4 I think?

what say you?

3 hours ago, Tiffy said:

@Darran

What are your thoughts on Tirquay now that they have a decent manager and a host of Bristol City loanees? I have had a tenner e/w @ 34/1 on them to win the league. I'm not saying they will win the league, but I fancy them to give it a good go now. They could surely finish top 3 or 4 I think?

what say you?

Think at the very least you will lose the win part as Billericay will win the league in my view. He's off to a decent start, but I am still not sure he was the right man for the job as he's never been down this low before. Jury still out for me, but we shall see what happens in the next few weeks.

21 hours ago, Darran said:

Think at the very least you will lose the win part as Billericay will win the league in my view. He's off to a decent start, but I am still not sure he was the right man for the job as he's never been down this low before. Jury still out for me, but we shall see what happens in the next few weeks.

Thanks for your thoughts, I thought it was worth a go at that price!