** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Oct 5th - 7th

Burnley V Huddersfield Town

X @ 3.2 Betfred

Huddersfield performances have been good in recent matches but they do have problems converting chances. Burnley have bounced back after their early season slump and will look to push on here but I feel Huddersfield could make things difficult for Sean Dyche's side. When Huddersfield are able to start their first choice midfield 3 of Hogg, Mooy and Billing they are a tough nut to crack.

Burnley are rightly favourites for this match but I don't think 2.2 offers much value when facing a stubborn opponent whose recent performances have been better than their results suggest. Huddersfield +0.50 AH at odds on does not really appeal either as they will struggle to outscore Burnley here so I am not too keen on covering the away win.

ELO ratings are very close, I feel X is worth a punt in the 1X2 market as these two sides may just cancel each other out.

Friday, 05/10/2018

1) Brighton vs WestHam 1-1 FT

Saturday, 06/10/2018

2) Burnley vs Huddersfield 2-1 FT

3) C.palace vs Wolves 1-1FT

4) Leicester vs Everton 2-2FT

5) Man U vs Newcastle 2-1 or 1-1FT

6) Tottenham vs Cardiff 2-0 FT

7) Watford vs Bournemouth 2-1 FT

Sunday, 07/10/2018

8) Fulham vs Arsenal 1-2 FT

9) Southampton vs Chelsea 2-3 FT

10) Liverpool vs Man city 3-2 or 3-3 FT

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Brighton & Hove conceded at least 1 goal in each of their last 7 matches in Premier League.
Brighton & Hove have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 4 matches in Premier League.
Brighton & Hove have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 home matches in Premier League.

You can find interesting 68 Football Betting Streaks for 05.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-05-10-2018-11519

Brighton v West Ham

Brighton: Dale Stephens (6/0 m, doubtful), Pascal Gross (4/1 m)

West Ham: Carlos Sanchez (5/0 m), Javier Hernández (4/0 f), Jack Wilshere (4/0 m), Andy Carroll (0/0 f), Winston Reid (0/0 d), Manuel Lanzini (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Burnley vs Huddersfield

The big game this weekend is undoubtedly the match-up between the top two in the Premier League Liverpool and Manchester City but we'll get to that later. One of the more fascinating clashes comes at Turf Moor where an improving Burnley take on bottom-placed Huddersfield in a 3pm kick-off this Saturday.

Burnley had started the season atrociously with just 1 draw and 4 losses from their first 5 league matches. However, their exit from the Europa League appears to have re-focused their minds. Back-to-back wins against Bournemouth and Cardiff showed that Sean Dyche has got his players performing back to their wily ways.

I can't speak for their 90 minute performance against the Cherries but against Cardiff they used every bit of their top flight nous to get the win. I'm still astonished Cardiff didn't take something from that game. I think had we played better then we might have done. However, Burnley showed they can still scrape points when they're not playing well. The past two wins have seen them fly up the table to 12th place now.

Huddersfield were tipped by many to finish in the bottom three this season. So far, those predictions appear to be spot on. David Wagner's side are in 20th place with just 2 points this season. One of those points came in a home draw with 19th placed Cardiff. The second point was an encouraging draw away to Everton.

The Terriers know they face almost an impossible mission to stay in the Premier League this season. They were fortunate to stay up last season. A poor run of form that continues from last season means Wagner's side have won just 1 of their last 17 league matches in the top flight. Their last away win coming on 24th February this year and that was against an eventually relegated West Brom. Their previous win on the road before that was back on 16th December, 2017.

If Huddersfield fans were hoping for good news from the head-to-head meetings then they can think again. In their past five meetings in league action, Burnley have won 3 and there have been two draws. The light at the end of the tunnel is that both games between these two ended 0-0 last season. So don't go expecting a goal fest this weekend. Scoring goals is generally a problem for Huddersfield this season. Just 3 goals scored in their 7 league matches makes them the least clinical side in the division.

A couple of weeks ago I wouldn't have been able to call this. Burnley have regained their mojo over the past couple of games. They were far from impressive against Cardiff last weekend but the reaction of Dyche has me feeling that he'll be demanding more from his players in front of their home fans here. A win could potentially see them rise into the top 10 which would be incredible given their start to the season. Huddersfield are in deep trouble. Things are dour at Cardiff and they're even behind us on goal difference. I can see a hard working performance from both sides but Burnley should nick this. If you want a cheeky anytime scorer bet then Chris Wood has scored 8 goals against Huddersfield over the years.

Burnley to Win @ 2.15 with Betfair

Burnley to Score First @ 1.80 with Ladbrokes

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @dylanphan, and @AndreBR, what are you guys looking to bet on here?

Hello :) First post from long time. Here are mine predictions for this round.

Brighton – West Ham 1:1 6,5

A match where two equal teams will play against each other and it can go in any direction. Brighton has managed to concede only two goals in the match with Manchester City in the last round, which is more than good. West Ham showed a pretty good game in their recent games, as well as in the first matches which they lost. Apart from that, they have Marko Arnautović, who is in great run recently and can score today. For me, if this game was at West Ham Stadium, it would have been a win for the Hammers. However, when they are away the most probable outcome, according to the odds, is the draw.

Burnley – Huddersfield 2:1 10

One of the games in this round, which definitely offers a value bet. For me, a 2.15 odds for Burnley against Huddersfield is a gift. Burnley are playing solidly, have two consecutive wins and score goals. Of course, they had some luck in their last match, but this is part of the game. I also have to admit that, Huddersfield looked better against Tottenham compared to their last few matches. I think they have a chance to score in this match, but it wouldn’t be enough to avoid losing.

Crystal Palace – Wolves 0:0 8

Palace rely too much on Zaha, which makes them too predictable in the Premier League. Many people would even play a win for the away team in this match, but for me the draw gives the best odds.

Leicester – Everton 2:1 10

Another match that definitely looks like a gift from bookmakers. Everton didn’t look good in their last match despite the fact they won by 3 against Fulham. They looked passive and without idea in the attack. If I remember the match correctly, Fulham hit the bar at 0:0, which could definitely turn the game in another direction.

Leicester, on the other hand, has Jamie Vardy (according to club's website he is fit for the match), who scored in the last two matches, they have James Maddison, who is very aggressive and creative, and they have Harry Maguire, who is also dangerous in set pieces. Certainly the hosts will have more opportunities to score goals in this match and that’s why a bet 1 DNB seems to me very tempting. The odds is 1.57.

Tottenham – Cardiff 4:0 12

There is nothing to say for this match except that Harry Kane has to play against one of the two league’s weakest teams.

Watford – Bournemouth 1:1 7

Watford and Bournemouth are going to score goals in this match. I hesitated between 2:2 and 1:1, but eventually chose the safer option. The form of the hosts gradually dropped and certainly they did not put pressure on Arsenal like Everton did in the earlier round. On the other hand, Bournemouth were really impressive against Palace on Monday night. They were very fast, the ball was in constant motion and definitely looked pretty good. This match would be one that is very interesting to watch and which is likely to end with a draw.

Manchester United – Newcastle 2:0 7

Everything about this match was said by Paul Ince yesterday, namely that United players do not want to win. It is clear to everyone and the question is when they will go too far and the fans will start throwing things on them. It is not Mourinho, the players are the ones to be blamed. For the sake of truth, I have to admit that against Valencia the players seemed to have the needed desire to win and that is why I believe they will try hard enough to win against Newcastle. The latter are so weak that it will not be such a difficult job for them.

Fulham – Arsenal 1:2 9

Arsenal does not look particularly strong despite the 8 consecutive wins in all tournaments. On the other hand, there are several consecutive games in which Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored or made assists for a goal, which should be enough against Fulham. About whether the hosts would score a goal, well we have Aleksandar Mitrović on fire against Arsenal’s defense, which seems like enough for at least one goal.

Southampton – Chelsea 0:1 8

I was very hesitant about this match, whether to bet 0:0 or 0:1 and eventually I chose a win for Chelsea. The only reason for doing that is Eden Hazard, who we all know is in an incredible form. In Chelsea, only he and Alonso look like they should, but this could be enough for a win over Southampton. However, my main bet for this match, would be another and it is under 2.5 goals in the match. With odds of 2 and probability around 60-65 percent it looks like a good bet.

Liverpool – Manchester City 1:1 7,5
It is clear that this match can go in any direction. Jürgen Klopp decided to play with everything he had in the Champions League midweek match and now he has to use the same players against City. Apart from that, it seems to me that Liverpool’s game has been pretty bad according to their standards lately. It is clear that if Salah hasn’t missed so many good goal chances, even if he had scored at least 1 in 5 everything would be different. Be he misses a lot. But the same could be said for Roberto Firmino and even for Sadio Mané in the last matches. This form decline of the Liverpool’s three best players talks about future problems for the team.

Tottenham vs Cardiff

The fun games just keep on coming for us Cardiff fans as we travel to Wembley this weekend to see our side play Tottenham in a 3pm kick-off on Saturday afternoon. Going to be honest, we're not expecting much but this Cardiff side always surprises us when we least expect it!

@sjuesju, your brutal prediction is probably one that is shared by a lot of us Cardiff fans. I'm not sure it'll be 4-0 but I think the worst thing that could have happened for us was Barcelona tearing Spurs a new one in midweek. Mauricio Pochettino will be determined to see his side bounce back. We could be in for a hiding. The scant consolation is that Tottenham are battered by injuries at the moment with Dele Alli, Jan Vertonghen, Christian Eriksen, and Serge Aurier all out injured amongst others.

It's been a tough start to the season for Cardiff. Failing to win against Newcastle, Huddersfield, and Burnley when we very well could, and should, have taken all three points has been morally damaging. We've sorted our scoring problems but now it's our defence that is the problem. There's still uncertainty over who Neil Warnock feels is our best striker. I swear, if he starts Kenneth Zohore again in this game I'll throw a cabbage at the Danish front man. I got slated on social media for claiming Zohore is playing well below his effort levels. After the abuse I received, Warnock came out and criticised the player's hunger in the media. He thinks he's made it and he's not willing to graft as much as he needs.

This game is going to end one way and that's in a Cardiff loss. I actually don't think we'll get turned over badly. Interestingly, we are the only Premier League side Harry Kane has played against and failed to score. OK, so the fact he only played a total of 16 minutes against us previously is irrelevant! :lol

Until we sort out a concrete front line we'll continue to struggle in front of goal. I've been calling for us to switch to a 5-3-2 for a while now. Solidify the back-line and give us more options up top. Playing one man up front isn't working. Especially when the only winger looking creative is Josh Murphy. Warnock moved Victor Camarasa out wide last weekend and that showed glimpses of working but he's a huge loss from the middle.

Right now, we're simply not good enough. We're remaining competitive though and it's not far off clicking. The players are still fighting and it's obvious Warnock still has the dressing room. However, we're talking about playing one of the best clubs in Europe here. I think we'll likely lose 2-0 or 3-1. Tottenham will just want a win after defeats to Liverpool and Barcelona. We just won't have enough in the armoury to deny them that.

Tottenham HT/FT @ 1.80 with Coral

Total Corners Under 10.5 @ 2.18 with Unibet

Just to add to StevieDays preview, Spurs have won every single home game against a newly promoted club for something like the last 8 or 9 seasons, so a spurs win should be banker material.  Moura and Lamela have been lively (and scored a few) all season, so put either to score in a spurs win to boost the price from the outrights would be my advice. 

burnley odds are too good to be true. burnley are growing stronger and at home to poor huddersfield its home win for sure

apart from zaha which makes up all the threat crystal palace have, to me wolverhampton are more of a team unit and can win

cardiff should beat tottenham based only the fact that when you play barcelona like tottenham did it just takes time to fully energise and recuperate. i can't see them being on the front foot in this one. cardiff will have their chances and if they take them away win

mourinho has created negative atmosphere in man utd. the players are playing numb football. newcastle scored against goals against arsenal, chelsea, tottenham, man city. they can win against man utd as players want mourinho out and will not play for him

arsenal has been lucky with some results lately playing teams in lower half of the league but fulham dig into opposition and could steal a point

performance of chelsea has been getting weaker. i just don't see them dominating. i know mark hughes hughes could exploit their higher defensive line and probably cause upset.

Tottenham scored in last 25 home games in Premier League.
Watford scored in last 17 home games in Premier League.
Leicester City has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games in Premier League.
Burnley has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Premier League.
Wolverhampton Wanderers has under 2.5 goals in their last 4 away games in Premier League.
Crystal Palace has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games in Premier League.
Huddersfield Town lost their last 3 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 109 Football Betting Streaks for 06.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-06-10-2018-11533

Burnley 2 Huddersfield 0. I honestly thought Cardiff would turn Burnley over, and I think that was much better result for Burnley than people think, I see them having a comfortable 2-0 here, with Huddersfield proving pretty toothless in their second season, and also not defending to well, early goal will set the pace. FIRST GOALSCORER: VYDRA 11/2 WITH SPREADEX

Palace 1 Wolves 1. Find this one pretty tough to call, everyone seems to agree Wolves are not looking out of place at the moment, but Palace are quite wiley in these sort of fixtures and normally come up trumps, however i'm going for another draw with 1-1 being my preferred choice, think Palace will lead and Wolves will peg them back. 1-1 Is 11/2 with BETVICTOR, BETFRED, BETSTARS & sportingbet, 

Leicester 3 Everton 1. Just got a feeling Leicester will coast through this one, Everton have surprised me a bit with their indifferent form so far and I think this will be comfortable for the foxes, who seem to be finding a decent patch of play, 3-1 Is 18/1 bet365

Spurs 3 Cardiff 0. Oh Cardiff what a start to the season you are having, a real tough opening set of games for them and we are only 7 games in, life will not get easier for the Bluebirds in this one, although Spurs are off of a CL Defeat, their perfomance against Barca was not to bad, little naive but not to bad, i think they just have way to much for Cardiff and will ease through this by 3 maybe even more sorry @StevieDay1983 I'm sitting on 3-0 though. Tottenham half time/Full time 5/6 Ladbrokes & CORAL, surely that is like buying money 

Watford 1 Bournemouth 2. I have no rhyme or reason for this but I just think the cherries will win and I don't know why just one of them scores I fancy with no logic, short and sweet this one. BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE 9/12 10BET & SportPesa

Man United 3 Newcastle 1. United to score 3, have I banged my head, probably, at some point you have to think this sulking bunch of players will have to turn up for the fans if not the manager, I think they will be badly wounded by a hammering by the hammers and a woeful goal less draw v Valencia, that said it hasn't sparked them into action and if the rumour mill is to be believed defeat would cost Jose his job which would suit about 15 players!!!! Newcastle are poor also, uncertainty at every turn, I think United will be comfortable the other option is another dull 0-0. OVER 3.5 GOALS 13/5 betfair and BETVICTOR

Fulham 1 Arsenal 3. The gunners definitely seem to have found their feet under Emery now, and I see them beating Fulham nicely here, although Fulham do have enough to give Arsenal a run for about an hour before Arsenal pull away. FIRST GOALSCORER: Ramsey 8/1 bet365, 10BET & SportPesa

Southampton 0 Chelsea 3. Not much to say about this I don't think the saints are that good and Chelsea will have the firepower to kill this game by Half time and put their feet up,. Chelsea 3-0 is 12/1 bet365, BETFRED & BETSTARS

Liverpool 3 Man City 1. YUP you read that right, Klopps reds tend to just attack City and City are definitely not used to that approach from opposition, but where this fixture is concerned attack is definitely Liverpools best defence, I have to say through gritted teeth I like how Klopp makes them play and he is very supportive (at least publicly ) where his players are concerned, I think Pep will be irritated by the fact that Liverpool sent City packing in last seasons CL. OVER 3.5 GOALS is 16/25 with BLACKTYPE

Enjoy the weekend people i'm off for a curry and beer cheers 

Everyone and his mum is on Burnley this weekend and it's not hard to see why. I do have a bad gut feeling about this fixture though. Teams like Huddersfield are not going to win many matches away from home, if any, but away to Burnley is one match you'd expect them to come out and attack much more so than away to Man City etc... which always concerns me.

Burnley should win though, I can't disagree there.

Also think Palace v Wolves is nailed on for both teams to score and wouldn't dismiss Fulham out of hand, as Arsenal are still very much in transition.

Leicester City-Everton 2 (3.60)

So where can I start?My favorite club(Everton) against very good organized Leicester City.When I saw line-up I said:The is it,with Richarlison upfront,we found solution with “scoring the goal”,on other side we can see Leicester which line up(in defense) very porly.I dont think they will carry  up with pace of Everton 3 man upfront.Everton defensive player are getting better so thats the main reason why we will get 3 point at Leicester.

Liverpool vs Manchester City

Right, here we are! The big game of the weekend and, arguably, the biggest game of the entire season. Title rivals Liverpool and Manchester City are only separated by goal difference in the Premier League with the two sides occupying the top two positions in the table. They clash this Sunday in a 4:30pm kick-off at Anfield.

Liverpool suffered their first defeat of the season during midweek when they lost 1-0 to Napoli out in Italy in their Champions League group stage game. It'll be interesting to see how Jurgen Klopp's side react to that body blow and whether it'll impact their confidence heading into one of their toughest games of the campaign here.

Manchester City have also been stuttering in Europe needing an 87th minute winner from David Silva to see off Hoffenheim away in midweek after losing their first group game at home to Lyon. Pep Guardiola will be hoping that victory spurs on the players and gives them momentum heading into this tough away trip.

The big focus for the statisticians heading into this weekend's game is the head-to-head record between Klopp and Guardiola. The two came up against each other in Germany as the respective managers of Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich before facing off in the Premier League.

Klopp has 7 wins to his record and Guardiola has 5 wins with the two contesting 2 draws. It's not surprise that Klopp is labelled as Guardiola's "kryptonite" because it could be argued that in every encounter Guardiola has possessed the more talented group of players on paper.

Liverpool can draw further confidence from the overall head-to-head record. Liverpool have won the last three meetings in all competitions by an aggregate score of 9-4. In fact, City have only won 1 of the last 7 meetings against the Reds across all competitions. Liverpool have also been dominant at home against remaining unbeaten in the last 17 encounters with City at Anfield. The most recent Liverpool loss at home to City came in a 2-1 defeat on the 3rd May, 2003.

If City fans are looking for hope then history could provide some. Guardiola has never lost three consecutive games against the same opponent. City have also only ever lost four times to the same opponent in a single calendar year on two previous occasions. This was against Grimsby in 1936 and Tottenham in 1993.

I could go on writing this preview for days with all the stats that are out there. I'm going to be a little cowardly and avoid picking an outright winner but if I was pushed I would probably sway towards a draw. I can see this game being a typical fixture from recent teams between these two. Plenty of action, a host of goals, and lots to talk about after the game.

Liverpool Draw No Bet @ 1.88 with MarathonBet

HT Draw @ 2.37 with Bet365

4 minutes ago, laprikon said:

Agree there is a big probabilty of draw  probably low score 1-0  0-1

Yeah, my gut feeling is swaying towards a 1-1 draw. I think this season there is a lot more riding on this fixture because they are in direct competition for the title really which wasn't ever really the case previously. It could result in a much tighter game. I think both sides would take a draw.

17 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

Everyone and his mum is on Burnley this weekend and it's not hard to see why. I do have a bad gut feeling about this fixture though. Teams like Huddersfield are not going to win many matches away from home, if any, but away to Burnley is one match you'd expect them to come out and attack much more so than away to Man City etc... which always concerns me.

Burnley should win though, I can't disagree there.

Also think Palace v Wolves is nailed on for both teams to score and wouldn't dismiss Fulham out of hand, as Arsenal are still very much in transition.

99.99 percent of punters went for burnley win and look what happened. i should open up a bookie shop and i would win everytime

Arsenal has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 away games in Premier League.
Liverpool has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games in Premier League.
Manchester City won their last 4 games in Premier League.
Fulham scored in last 3 home games in Premier League.
Chelsea allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 6 away games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 89 Football Betting Streaks for 07.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-07-10-2018-11542

17 hours ago, sajtion said:

99.99 percent of punters went for burnley win and look what happened. i should open up a bookie shop and i would win everytime

To be fair, you do back some outrageous outsiders at times! :lol

What are you thinking for today's matches?

I'm just a bit gutted about Cardiff not taking something from the game last night. I think Tottenham were probably the better team but when we had 11 men on the pitch I felt we could sneak an equaliser. At the time I felt Joe Ralls' red card was harsh but the more I see it the more I can understand why Mike Dean sent him off. It was a foolish tackle. I still think if it's reviewed it's a yellow but the problem is that both of his feet have left the floor and as soon as you do that you're giving the ref the reason to show the red. Naive from Ralls.

It should be interesting to see how Fulham do today. Arsenal are a team improving under Unai Emery and they played well against us at the Cardiff City Stadium so they're not as weak on the road as they were under Arsene Wenger. I can see a solid 1-0 or 2-1 win for the Gunners.

Also, what do you guys think of that Manchester United performance? Turning point? I'm still not sure why he's persisting with Ashley Young in defence or why he's playing Scott McTominay at centre back. Poor lad. Or was it a stay of execution? Just wondering if you think United will be a team to back as a resurgent side with a siege mentality over the coming weeks? Or are they set to continue this poor run of results?

On 07/10/2018 at 10:03 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

To be fair, you do back some outrageous outsiders at times! :lol

i do back outsiders because i love an underdog and every week there is and upset result somewhere. i try to anticipate where some will happen. few weeks ago i tried it on gillingham against shrewsbury but it didn't come off and it finished 2-2 in the end but i knew gillingham had the quality to win. they did win against portsmouth on saturday and no one expected that. their odds were as high as 7/1.  fleetwood totally trashed doncaster and they were 5/1 so these kind of results prop up from time to time and i hate when i miss out on them.