** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > September 25th

Darran

Saturday was a bit more like it with a superb win for Solihull although Wrexham decided to put in what will probably be their worst performance of the season. The acca was only just denied by an 88th minute equaliser as well. Tuesday sees a full National League fixture list as well as a handful of Evo-Stik Northern Prem games and the FA Cup replays.

Chesterfield v Maidenhead

It looks a trappy night in the National League as there are teams I would love to oppose but some of them are playing each other or the opposition are too short (Aldershot being an example of the latter). I have out Chesterfield up a couple of times during this dreadful run they are on, but they are still winless since winning their first 3 games. They were shocking on Saturday when losing 3-0 to Gateshead at home where they managed just 2 shots during the match. Martin Allen claimed it was the worst performance from any team that he has managed and it wouldn't surprise me if that was true. He has come out and said they have had a meeting with the players and he hopes to get a response from them on Tuesday night. It might happen, but you have to wonder if Allen is actually capable of getting the best out of his players and I wouldn't even go as far to say if they lost this he won't be in the job after the game. Maidenhead's away form does concern me as they have only won once and lost 4 of the other 5 including at Barrow on Saturday. The win was against Braintree and the draw was against Dagenham so that isn't great, but they played well enough on Saturday and I think Alan Devonshire's men will smell blood here. One thing that does worry me is the amount of travelling they will have to do, but I think it's factored into the price and I am happy to take 15/4 about an away win which for me should be shorter.

Barnet v Havant and Solihull v Dagenham

Solihull were superb on Saturday to beat Bromley 5-0 and they now face a struggling Dagenham side who looked awful at Eastleigh on Saturday in the live game. I can't see Peter Taylor being in the job for too much longer as I imagine the new owners will want to get their own man in who can build a better team than the one they have. As mentioned on Saturday Solihull are very strong at home and are making a mockery of their favourites to go down tag. Barnet are in good form at the moment after a slow start to the season and their only loss of late was against top of the table Leyton Orient and even then they held their own for a long period of the match. I think their injury list told that day and they were good on Saturday when drawing against Fylde. Havant got a draw at Ebbsfleet, but the home side under performed again and I'm not sure it says a great deal. I do get the feeling it will click for them at some point, but it is hard to see it being at Barnet who are playing with plenty of confidence at the moment. Both Barnet and Solihull are around about the same price and the double with Marathon pays 5/2 and that looks a decent price.

Maidenhead 1pt @ 14/5 with Bet365

Barnet/Solihull 1pt double @ 5/2 with Marathon

Edited by Darran

Barnet vs Havant (1) 1.86 1u

Havant were toothless last game against Ebbs and even when Clarke was sent off, Havant weren't able to capitalise. Barnet got a credible draw against AFC Fylde, and i see them to build on that and get the win against the unconvincing Hawks.

Halifax vs Fylde (2) Asian HDP -0.25 1.96 1u

Brown and Kosylo were sent off for Halifax last game and missing two regulars for a squad of Halifax size is surely damaging. Fylde played well vs Barnet and in truth, were the better team, Fylde to win it is my call.

Edited by cc135