** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champions League Predictions > Oct 2nd & 3rd

eclodds.jpg

The odds for the next round of Champions League group stage matches are available. Unfortunately, we need to get through one more round of games before the ELO ratings come into force. So use the time we have between now and these games to research the stats and get some tips up on this forum! :ok

What are peoples thoughts on Spurs v Barcelona, being a Spurs fan myself I aren't confident, but that said Poch does hold a good record and a dislike for Barca, personally I think its a BTTS, but really cant split them at the moment, might Barcelona under estimate Spurs, where as Spurs will see this is a huge European scalp to take?

I mentioned before that I fancy Barcelona however Barca is not providing results as of yet. Last 3 games were 2 draws and one defeat versus Leganes in La Liga which is pretty poor. Spurs haven't exactly been topside thus far, conceiving a ton of goals this season. So BTS is the most probable play, but backing BTS at 1.50 doesn't look to appealing to me.  Barca at 2.04 looks better, Spurs will look for points in PSV/Inter games to get that 2nd. I'm sure they'll be more than happy to win at Wembley vs barca or take a point, but it's hard for me to picture that.

Hello

Excuse my english. I would like to ask some questions to some Tottenham fan or that have knowledge about the team.

The miss of Dele Alli is really really important and a key missing or he can have good replacement?
This miss, will be the only miss of important players in Spurs? Past weekend I saw that all these players were out: Aurier S., Eriksen C., Janssen V., Lloris H., Vorm M
Do you know if all of them will be available for this match? Is true that Tottenham in this start of season is not so solid like the past year?
In this match, for them, is more important the win than for Barcelona after the results in first date
The fact that they don't play at home and do in Wembley, is some kind of problem?

Thanks for all your help

21 minutes ago, Carovie said:

Hello

Excuse my english. I would like to ask some questions to some Tottenham fan or that have knowledge about the team.

The miss of Dele Alli is really really important and a key missing or he can have good replacement?
This miss, will be the only miss of important players in Spurs? Past weekend I saw that all these players were out: Aurier S., Eriksen C., Janssen V., Lloris H., Vorm M
Do you know if all of them will be available for this match? Is true that Tottenham in this start of season is not so solid like the past year?
In this match, for them, is more important the win than for Barcelona after the results in first date
The fact that they don't play at home and do in Wembley, is some kind of problem?

Thanks for all your help

I am not a Tottenham fan but I will try and help clear some things up for you.

Dele Alli is an important player but Tottenham have other options behind Kane such as Heung-Min Son and Lucas Moura - the latter has performed particularly well this season and can cause that Barcelona defence problems. CF Harry Kane is back on form with 2 goals at the weekend so not likely to be issues there. 

Rumour has it that Christian Eriksen and Hugo Lloris will return for Barcelona game, although this is yet to be confirmed. Both are key players.

Serge Aurier is second choice right-back, he is good going forward but likely to be defensively vulnerable against Barcelona. Kieran Trippier is first choice right-back and has better all-round game in my opinion.

Tottenham's start to this season has been inconsistent (to be expected after world cup) they will probably get stronger between now and April.

Cannot comment on motivation affecting style of play or outcome of game V Barcelona.

I don't think playing at Wembley is too big an issue for Tottenham, they had 5th strongest home record in EPL last season: W13 D4 L2.

Separate to your questions, I probably will not bet on this game as match odds seem to be in the right ball park. A case could be made for either team on AH line, Barcelona have great quality but are poor on the road in UCL while Tottenham are capable of getting somekind of positive result if circumstances go their way. Maybe one to sit back and enjoy the show.

Manchester Utd V Valencia

Valencia +1.0 AH @ 1.77 Betvictor

Utd are in a difficult moment with the team lacking confidence and a clear idea of how to play. I feel Mourinho has done too much tinkering with his tactics recently and players do not know whether they are comming or going. The Mourinho / Pogba saga has not helped either and right now Utd strike me as a club where it is hard for players to play themselves into form with so much chopping and changing.

Valenica have had a tepid start to their La Liga season with 1 win, 1 defeat and 5 draws!!! The win did come at the weekend away to Real Sociedad and I feel Valencia can start to get their season up and running. Their issues with injuries are starting to ease and head coach Marcelino could have an almost full strength squad to take to Utd. Valencia are compact, well drilled and very dangerous on the counter. Everyone knows their roll and they are more than capable of picking up results on the road due to their style of play.

To get Valencia on the +1AH line seems generous to me. It's fair to say that we have no idea what kind of Utd team will show up for this game but they are in a difficult moment and now face another tricky opponent. Valencia with a whole goal advantage looks to be the prudent move in my view.

1 hour ago, Carovie said:

Hello

Thanks for all your help

I expect Eriksen back for the match, Paulo Gazzaniga has been superb in his past 3 games I cant see Vorm playing ahead of him.

Hoffenheim vs Manchester City

I was going to preview the Manchester United versus Valencia game for this round of Champions League matches due to the ongoing drama surrounding the Red Devils but seeing as @Mindfulness has summed up my thoughts I'll go for this game between Bundesliga side Hoffenheim and reigning Premier League champions Manchester City in a 5:55pm kick-off tomorrow at the Wirsol Rhein-Neckar-Arena.

Hoffenheim will be hurting after their 2-1 defeat on the weekend at home to RB Leipzig. The game was all about how Hoffenheim's head coach Julian Nagelsmann would perform against his future employers. The 31 year old is set to take over the managerial reigns at Leipzig next season. It's a very strange and uncomfortable agreement.

The club is treading water in mid-table in the Bundesliga and it already feels as if something is missing this season. Clearly, it's not a situation any club wants where their manager has already agreed to depart the club at the end of the season. How must that affect the mentality of the players?

Manchester City are showing they remain one of the most dangerous sides in European football under Pep Guardiola. The Citizens won comfortably on the weekend with a 2-0 score-line at home to Brighton. It was a result that saw the club move back to the top of the Premier League after the draw between Chelsea and Liverpool.

An unexpected loss in their opening Champions League game last week means the pressure is on for City to deliver something here. They are favourites and even though there are no easy games in Europe's elite competition, particularly away, they should be demanding a win here.

Hoffenheim's form in Europe is, quite frankly, awful. They have won just 1 of their previous 9 matches in European competition. That solitary victory coming in a Europa League win over Istanbul Basaksehir last season. To add to this, their only previous experience of playing English opposition in Europe was twice against Liverpool last season losing 6-3 over the two games.

I can see Pep demanding a dominant display here. Hoffenheim have only won one game at home this season but they have been a difficult team to break down even when they've not secured victory. They held Borussia Dortmund to a 1-1 draw on home turf just a couple of weeks ago. I just think this City side under Pep is irresistible and re-discovering their best form from last season. A business-like away win here.

Manchester City HT/FT @ 2.00 with Coral

Total Goals Scored Over 3.5 @ 2.10 with Betfair

@vasilli07, @Xcout, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, @newjack, @matt-e-matticle, @EBTA, @cluelessG, @mtom, @Marek76, @allyhibs, @alani42, @jazzman02, @hristofor, @fhuefdsa and @WinningAdvice, what bets are you guys going for this round?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

Young Boys has over 2.5 goals in their last 6 away games in all competitions.
Juventus has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in all competitions.
Valencia allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 3 games in all competitions.
CSKA has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in all competitions.
Roma has over 2.5 goals in their last 5 home games in all competitions.
Viktoria Plzen lost their last 3 away games in all competitions.

You can find interesting 52 Football Betting Streaks for 02.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-02-10-2018-11481

Bayern München v AFC Ajax

Bayern München: Rafinha (1/0 d), Coman (1/0 m), Tolisso (2/1 m)

AFC Ajax: Veltman (0/0 d), Sinkgraven (0/0 d), Bandé (0/0 f)

CSKA Moscow v Real Madrid

CSKA Moscow: Magnússon (7/0 d), Khosonov (1/0 m), Kuchaev (0/0 d)(all doubtful), Shchennikov (4/0 d), Bistrović (6/2 m), Hernández (6/2 f), Vasin (0/0 d), Makarov (0/0 m)

Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos (7/2 d), Marcelo (5/0 d), Isco (5/1 m), Bale (6/3 f, 2nd top scorer)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

I expect coach Ouzounidis to line up his team with defensive orientations, closing the spaces. Benfica can not risk too much, because things will be harder to leave with grades or grades. I will bet on the few goals
AEK ATHEN vs SL BENFICA @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.60

The strong points of the night are the doubles of Real Madrid at the headquarters of CSKA Moscow, since the Russians are quite weakened this year
CSKA MOSCOW vs REAL MADRID @@ REAL MADRID, odds 1.55

The French seem to have ... a star in the competition. She is in continuous racing and today with the help of her home and her fans she can win the three points
OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS vs SHAKHTAR DONETSK @@ OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS, odds 1.80

9 hours ago, betcatalog said:

I expect coach Ouzounidis to line up his team with defensive orientations, closing the spaces. Benfica can not risk too much, because things will be harder to leave with grades or grades. I will bet on the few goals
AEK ATHEN vs SL BENFICA @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.60

The strong points of the night are the doubles of Real Madrid at the headquarters of CSKA Moscow, since the Russians are quite weakened this year
CSKA MOSCOW vs REAL MADRID @@ REAL MADRID, odds 1.55

The French seem to have ... a star in the competition. She is in continuous racing and today with the help of her home and her fans she can win the three points
OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS vs SHAKHTAR DONETSK @@ OLYMPIQUE LYONNAIS, odds 1.80

No fan in stadium today for Lyon !

Hoffenheim – Manchester City

Betting suggestion: Manchester City 1st half -0,5 @1,85 Pinnacle

Guardiola is one of biggest “psychos” in the world of football, obsessed with analyzing his opponents and today, he is back to Germany, where he worked before coming to England. He knows Bundesliga and Hoffenheim very well. Even though he is still without key player de Bruyne, left full-backs Mendy and Delph, he was very pleased with the performance of Zinchenko against Brighton and besides he can still choose to play with two right-footed full-backs, Kyle and Danilo. Nagelsmann, the coach of Hoffenheim has huge problems with injuries as he misses defenders Vogt, Nordtveit, Bičakčič, Nuhu and Hübner. While last two didn’t participate this season, first three – including captain Vogt and probably the key defender Bičakčič, are all very important and young coach is in front of the difficult task, as one of the best teams in the world is coming to play against them. As Man City failed to win their first match in the group, they are in front of the must-win match. Being first in the group stage is very important and today, they face somehow the “easiest” opponent in the group. There is no room for errors if they want to finish in the first place. They bounced back after losing against Lyon with three consecutive wins without conceding a single goal and scoring 10 of them. Jesus might start instead of slightly injured Agüero, which means that pressing of young attack will be enormous and regarding all problems in defense for Nagelsmann, I see Manchester City making the difference early in the match.

I was asking myself why odds on Tottenham were rising even more than that the high they were, and I know I understand the reason: as it was public, Dele Alli was missing, now it is confirmed that Dembélé, Vertonghen, Aurier and Eriksen will be out too for tomorrow match.

I suppose this is a "big disaster" for Spurs so many important missings and they will have really hard although Barcelona is not fine

20 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Hoffenheim vs Manchester City

Hoffenheim's form in Europe is, quite frankly, awful. They have won just 1 of their previous 9 matches in European competition. That solitary victory coming in a Europa League win over Istanbul Basaksehir last season. To add to this, their only previous experience of playing English opposition in Europe was twice against Liverpool last season losing 6-3 over the two games.

6 of their 9 European competition matches were in the Europa League - where the motivation is much lower that in the Champions League. I believe the Bundesliga was Hoffenheim's priority last season and they did not care much about Europa League, which explains the poor record. This season Hoffenheim have already registered a very respectable draw away at Shakhtar Donetsk (who had 5 home wins in a row in CL, including victories over Manchester City, Napoli and Roma; the last team to get any CL points there was Real Madrid).

That being said, the two losses against Liverpool speak for themselves (and that was the Liverpool before van Dijk) - Manchester City is definitely the better team and they need the points too!

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

Atletico Madrid allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 5 games in all competitions.
Napoli has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in all competitions.
PSV Eindhoven has over 2.5 goals in their last 11 home games in all competitions.
Tottenham has over 2.5 goals in their last 5 home games in all competitions.
Barcelona scored in last 3 away games in all competitions.
Borussia Dortmund has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games in all competitions.

You can find interesting 45 Football Betting Streaks for 03.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-03-10-2018-11486

UEFA predictions

1) PSG VS REDSTAR BELGRADE 3-0ft

2) LOK MOSCOW VS SCHALKE 1-1 or 0-1 ft

3) ATLETICO MADRID VS C.BRUGGE 2-0ft

4) B.DORTMUND VS MONACO 2-1 ft

5) TOTTENHAM VS BARCELONA 1-2 or 1-1 ft

6) PSV VS INTERMILAN 2-2 ft

7) NAPOLI VS LIVERPOOL 2-1 or 2-2 ft

8) PORTO VS GALATASARAY 2-1 ft

Napoli vs Liverpool

It's an exciting set of matches in the Champions League tonight but the one I have to back due to the potential for a lot of goals is this enthralling encounter between Serie A title contenders Napoli and Premier League title favourites Liverpool in this 8pm kick-off at the Stadio San Paolo.

Napoli may already be 6 points behind league leaders Juventus in the Serie A table but their position in 2nd and 5 of their 7 league matches this season shows they are looking competent under Carlo Ancelotti. The 0-0 draw away to Red Star Belgrade was bittersweet with the Italian side surely disappointed at not taking all three points but also aware that it's a very tough away tie. Red Star will likely take points off other teams in the remaining group games.

Liverpool are par for the course with expectations on this squad very high this season. Jurgen Klopp has been quick and repetitive in playing down their chances of winning titles. They are 2nd in the Premier League but only in goal difference behind Manchester City. They remain undefeated with just a 1-1 draw with Chelsea away the only blemish on their league record. The 3-2 win against a star-studded PSG in the opening round of group games in this competition was proof that they need to be taken seriously this season in Europe as well as in domestic action.

One of the main focal points of conversation in the run-up to this game is the choice of referee. Hungarian Viktor Kassai has been designated for this game. He was the man in the middle back in 2017 when Ancelotti was in charge of Bayern Munich in a Champions League Quarter-Final Second Leg match versus Real Madrid. Real won 6-3 on aggregate after extra-time. Ronaldo scored from an offside position in that game in a pivotal moment. Bayern's Arturo Vidal was also sent off for two bookings. Needless to say, it was a referee performance that Ancelotti remains bitter about.

Funnily enough, Klopp may also need to be wary of the referee in this game. Back in September 2013, Klopp was sent to the stands after berating the fourth official when his Borussia Dortmund side played against Napoli in the group stage of the Champions League.

These two sides have only met twice before. Liverpool won the home tie 3-1 and it was a 0-0 draw in the game out in Italy. That form hardly builds optimism for the Italians with their recent record of just 2 wins, 1 draw, and 6 losses in their last 9 Champions League matches a monkey on their shoulder.

Two players you might fancy backing for goals tonight are Roberto Firmino and Dries Mertens. Firmino has been directly involved in 18 goals during his last 14 appearances for the Reds in the Champions League. 11 of those have been goals. Mertens has been directly involved in 9 of the last 14 goals Napoli have scored in Europe's elite competition.

I'm expecting a thrilling game here. Liverpool are great value for entertainment and Ancelotti's sides are always a joy to watch. I'm not convinced Liverpool will win this but I can certainly see both teams scoring and I might just have to back that Firmino tip as an anytime scorer.

BTTS @ 1.62

Anytime Scorer: Roberto Firmino @ 3.40 with SpreadEx

ok so today I find more value to the lineups, let's start with the hottest:

Napoli - Liverpool - Stevie summed out everything perfectly so no need for detailed analysis. My opinion in this match is Liverpool gets at least a point here. Betting them outright is risky, however if you look at Hoffenheim - City match odds on City were smashed down to 0 and when you compare the two it's really really close. But then on paper Napoli is a stronger opponent than Hoffenheim. If you look at the august friendly Liverpool smashed them 5:0 in Dublin and Ancheloti himself said "It's not a way to play Liverpool". Judging from that sentence I doubt they'll approach the match with attacking football in mind, but be more on a lookout for counter attacks which in fairness are fast and good. So i'm looking at both teams scoring here, but would like to add at least 3 goals to the tally, something like 1:2 type ending, hopefully. BTS&O2,5 is currently priced at 2, which is fair.

Dortmund - Monaco - That's the second game i like for today for goals. Dortmund concieves a lot of goals, but also scores a lot. Currently leading Bundesliga versus Monaco who is so-so this season having lost a few signings. If we look at h2h between the two they played two matches, both ending in goals. That was a year ago, Monaco is not in the form that it was a year ago. But they say CL brings the best out and I can't help but feel Monaco will score at least a goal in this match so i'll play it risky, Over 3.5 @ 2.20 Bet365 is a decent price. I'd like it higher, but the probability of overs here is more than odds suggest (in my opinion). Again, given this is CL all bets are smaller stake due to unpredictibility factor here.

Tottenham - Barcelona - Third and final pick for today, I have to choose Barcelona 1x2 @ 2 Bet365. Eventhough Barca didn't start the season in a win it all fashion and there will be some missings for Barca like Umtiti who's defensive juggernut and Sergio Roberto i think they have this. Tottenham has been shaky at best and that's vs mediocre teams with the exception of ManU who is let's face it facing a crysis. Why i'd avoid betting on Spurs aside from the depth of Barcelona is missings. Alli is out, Aurier is out. Dembele, Eriksen, Vertonghen are all questionable and I read somewhere that they'll not play. Yes Kane found his form, but Eriksen's passes are pure gold and he always keeps Kane busy looking for headers. Barcelona plays possesion game and I think it'll be too much for the home team to handle. I am a fan of Spurs and I'll be happy for them to get a point and I lose the bet, but reality is reality in my opinion.

Best of luck to all,

J

Red Star travels to Paris where they will face the super-strong PSG side.
The team and individual quality gap is just huge and I`m afraid of a big defeat.
But the odds on handicap and goals Market are very low,so there is nothing interesting to me.

I really like Dortmund tonight.
After a disappointing campaign in Champions League last season they`ve made some changes in team,brought new players and made interesting mixture of young and experienced players. Under new coach Lucien Favre they look very solid
at the beginning of the season.

Monaco is going through some kind of transition.
It's obvious that they are making a new, young team. There are still some familiar faces at Monaco like Falcao,Glik and Sidibe,but it`s not the same,strong team that reached the UCL semi-final couple years ago.
Also, some important players missing for away team - Subasic, Rony Lopes and Jovetic.

Dortmund looks really impressive upfront and in the final third of the pitch. With likes of Reus,Paco,Pulisic and Sancho they are sharp and clinical. I agree with @newjack - we could see some goals here as well  in this match.

For me
Dortmund&over 2.5 goals @1,80 (local)
Anytime Scorer  Paco Alcacer  @1.90 (local)

Double parlay
Atletico Madrid & Dortmund @1,83  (local)

18 hours ago, DrO said:

For me
Dortmund&over 2.5 goals @1,80 (local)
Anytime Scorer  Paco Alcacer  @1.90 (local)

Double parlay
Atletico Madrid & Dortmund @1,83  (local)

All three winning picks :beer