** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Sep 29th - Oct 1st

eplratings.jpg

The next round of Premier League fixtures coming up this weekend will take us into October. Where is the time going? Chelsea versus Liverpool is the big game this weekend but a few intriguing clashes that could affect the relegation battle come May are scheduled for this week too. Anyway, here are the odds and ratings so check them out and share your tips below! 

West Ham vs Manchester United

The opening game of this weekend's Premier League provides us with the setting for the first preview of this round of games. It also delivers the most amount of pre-game drama with an improving West Ham welcoming a troubled Manchester United to the London Stadium for this 12:30pm kick-off on Saturday lunch-time.

Things had not been going too well for Hammers boss Manuel Pellegrini in his return to British football. Four defeats on the bounce in the league had the wolves at the door early in his reign as some questioned whether he was the right man for a team in transition.

What a difference a couple of weeks and games can make in professional football. A 3-1 win away to Everton was followed by a respectable home draw against a Chelsea side that had swept all before them aside previously. Midweek saw a stunning 8-0 hammering of League Two side Macclesfield in the EFL Cup. Suddenly, the critics have disappeared.

Dark storm clouds have been hovering over the Manchester United training camp this week. The alleged breakdown of relationship between head coach Jose Mourinho and former captain Paul Pogba had been thrust into the public spotlight after video footage emerged of the two individuals exchanging a cross word and disapproving looks. This came at a time when both individuals have been outspoken in the media. It seems that their relationship has become untenable and some are suggesting at least one will depart the club before the January transfer window has closed... maybe sooner.

I'm slightly surprised at the odds being offered on a United win here. The Hammers have shown clear and vast improvement over their last three competitive matches. United also haven't looked overly convincing on the road this season having already lost one of those matches against generally inferior opposition.

The biggest hope for the Red Devils is that in Romelu Lukaku they possess a striker that has scored 4 goals in his last 3 away games. He seems to relish leading the line in the more patient tactics deployed by Mourinho on the road. The only problem is that if Pogba's head isn't in the right place then that's one creative avenue destroyed for the Belgian front man. Still worth backing him because on his day on form he's unstoppable. This is not a game Mourinho will be relishing after a week of distractions that included his team exiting the EFL Cup to Championship side Derby.

West Ham Double Chance @ 2.04 with MarathonBet

Anytime Scorer: Romelu Lukaku @ 2.30 with Unibet

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, @mcsilks, @MangoTheThird, @Roy The Boy, @DonPaulo, @Duckets, @dylanphan, and @AndreBR, what bets are tempting you guys this weekend?

Goes without saying Tottenham should win at Huddersfield.  Rather than take the outright win, I will suggest Tottenham to win and both teams to score has a pretty good chance of landing.  OK, Huddersfield don't score many but Tottenham's defence is poor at the moment, especially from headed goals and set pieces.  Other than away at Man U (who should have scored) all spurs opponents have scored at least once so why not Huddersfield?

23/10 (Boylesports) for spurs and both teams to score gets some of my money this weekend.

WH ManU pass, I'd say away has this, but given the current atmosphere at the united camp i have no clue.

Arsenal - Watford - honestly, i want to back Watford, but too many questionable players, Arsenal improving, playing better and at home, maybe goals and both teams to score? not sure yet

Everton - Fulham goals, easy.

Huddersfield - Spurs - I don't see home team getting anything here, so spurs confortably with -1,5 hc inspite of shaky form.

Man City - Brihton - pass

Castle - Leicester - Again, i want to back away team, but newcastle has to start winning at some point, no?

Wolves - SHampton - I smell possible away win, Wolves definitely playing better, but they're not scoring, they need to start scoring, sure they play well and they play well vs big teams too but you need to average more than 1 goal per game.

Chelsea - Liverpool - If you think cup game was it you're wrong. Liverpool will most likely win this, but the odds are not there for me. Live&O2,5 is tempting at 3.40, o2,5&bts at 1.90 is safe. Wanna go as far as O3,5 but not sure, only thing i'm sure is there'll be goals.

Liverpool are marginal favourites to win at Chelsea?   That instinctively seems wrong to me- it's not like Chelsea have done much wrong so far this season, and may have a psychological edge (hazard in particular) after the cup game.

Odds of 40/1 (Ladbrokes) on Brighton to win at Man City seems a bit disrespectful!  I know Brighton are poor away from home, but Man City have a big CL game in midweek which may be a distraction.  City will still win but I see this being a competitive game that is closer than these odds suggest.  Maybe Brighton +2 or +3 could be a way to play?

Huddersfield v Tottenham
Huddersfield: Danny Williams (0/0 m), Ramadan Sobhi (1/0 m)
Tottenham: Serge Aurier (2/0 d, doubtful), Christian Eriksen (6/0 m), Michel Vorm (2/0 g), Hugo Lloris (3/0 first goalkeeper), Vincent Janssen (0/0 f)

Manchester City v Brighton
Manchester City: Benjamin Mendy (4/0 d), Claudio Bravo (0/0 g), Kevin de Bruyne (1/0 m), Philippe Sandler (0/0 d), Eliaquim Mangala (0/0 d)
Brighton: Jose Izquierdo (0/0 f, doubtful), Pascal Gross (4/1 m), Dale Stephens (6/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

29/09/2018 EPL predictions

1)  West ham vs Manchester United 1-1 FT

2). Arsenal vs Watford 3-0 FT

3). Everton vs Fulham 2-1FT

4). Huddersfield vs Tottenham 0-2 FT

5). Manchester city vs Brighton 3-0FT

6). Newcastle united vs Leicester 2-1 FT

7)  wolves vs Southampton 2-1 FT

8)  Chelsea vs Liverpool 1-2 FT

30/09/2018 prediction

9). Cardiff vs Burnley

X FT

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Manchester United won their last 3 away games in Premier League.
Everton scored in last 5 home games in Premier League.
Leicester City has over 2.5 goals in their last 6 away games in Premier League.
Newcastle United lost their last 5 home games in Premier League.
Brighton & Hove Albion has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Premier League.
Manchester City has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 100 Football Betting Streaks for 29.09.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-29-09-2018-11454

Good Morning Punters Lounge Pundits, Some intriguing and hard to call fixtures this week, 

West Ham 2 United 2. West Ham tend to be right up for this fixture and I see them believing United are there for the taking, United seem to be in the midst of some sort of power battle, although it seems to be hyped up by the media, then played down by the participants, only for them to air their laundry in an apparent spat. This all being taken in to consideration I see the fixture being a score draw, United's defence doesn't like players like Arnautovic who is fit to return today and he will surely net today 12/5 betway for him to score at anytime. also over 3.5 goals 9/4 William Hill

Arsenal 2 Watford 0. Arsenal have won 6 games in a row in all competitions and confidence is on a high there as the players seem to be warming to Emery's plans and style, still not the free flowing football they would like at the moment but slowly getting there, Watford got their season off to a flyer and many will see a draw at Fulham last week as a poor result but I think it was ok, however I see an improving Arsenal keeping a clean sheet and seeing this one out Under 2.5 goals 7/4 betfair 

Everton 2 Fulham 1. Everton have won only once this term and in honesty that will be real disappointing considering some of the fixtures they have had. I changed my mind about four times predicting the score in this one, I find it a tough one to call however i'm going for Everton to sneak with the odd goal in 3. Fulham have settled a bit now and this is why I find this fixture tough, because after Evertons 3-1 reverse against West Ham, Fulham will be thinking this would be a great time to take 3 points, Both teams to score 8/13 william Hill  betfair PaddyPower  BetFred  10Bet & SportPesa

Huddersfield 1 Spurs 3. Surely at some point Huddersfield will start to win? but in honesty in a couple of games they have played well but also seem to be a bit rudderless, now a real tough opening set of fixtures for Huddersfield and it could define their season with those second season Blues seem to be hitting them, and it won't get any easier here although many are suggesting Spurs are tired and already under achieving, the spurs squad was not added to this summer and some times that is a problem with players becoming comfortable, I expect a signing or 2 in January and I also expect a comfortable 3 points here for Spurs. Spurs 3-1 Is 13/1 With BETVICTOR & BETSTARS

Man City 3 Brighton 0. Should be a nice win for City here, Brighton are decent and will put up more of a fight than the scoreline suggest, however City's fire power will prove to much for the Seagulls here, City are not looking as good as last season but that is being highlighted by Liverpools early season surge, despite that they will go close again this year and win this game along the way. Both Teams Not To Score 4/7 BETVICTOR & betfair.

Newcastle 1 Leicester 2. At this moment Newcastle must surely start going for games a bit more than they have so far this season and I think Leicester will give them the opportunity here,that said  Leicester are a tough side to beat in fairness and will also see this fixture as one where 3 points can be obtained, another fixture where I have changed my mind a few times the cardinal sin in betting isn't it? I've decided to settle on 1-2 Leicester after a long period of thought, for those that know me, they know thinking isn't my strong point :) . Leicester 2-1 10/1 bet365 BETFRED BETSTARS 10BET 188 BET & SportPesa

Wolves 3 Southampton 1. Wolves will be super confident after a performance at Old Trafford that was worth all 3 points, They are playing with style and no fear and will see Southampton as a game they should win, promoted sides rarely get to hammering teams or even scoring 3 times as they settle but Wolves have settled nicely and have the fire power to cause damage here, Southampton are showing signs of improvement but I think they may approach this game in the wrong way by trying to stifle Wolves rather than going for them, Wolves 3-1 18/1 bet365

THE WEEKENDS STANDOUT FIXTURE

Chelsea 2 Liverpool 2. Sat here pondering again and not sure about my final prediction, first thought it could be cagey but then Liverpool do not do cagey which is a credit to Klopp, many will say this is Liverpools first real test this season and i'm inclined to agree, with their start they will not be aiming for a draw but may see it as a good result in the grand scheme of things, Chelsea will also want to put down a marker in the biggest fixture of their season so far and with it being at home will be eager to win, however I see a score draw suiting both teams. 2-2 23/2 188BET

Cardiff 2 Burnley 1 @StevieDay1983 I think Cardiff will get that much needed first win today, sure Burnley are improving but despite a couple of heavy defeats I don't think Cardiff have been that bad and the fans will be excited and be believing that this is a fixture they can win and I see them edging home in a nervy finish, Burnley will also be travelling to this game thinking we can get an important away win here and they have every reason to think that however I think Cardiff will get over the line  2-1 Cardiff HALF TIME, CARDIFF FULL TIME 18/5 BETVICTOR

Bournemouth 3 Crystal Palace 2. Going for a high scorer here for some reason which means you should all probably back 0-0. I just believe their will be goals all over the place here in terms over defences not being great, so a goalfest in my opinion to end the fixtures on. Over 4.5 Goals 5/1 BETVICTOR & 888sport

Cardiff vs Burnley

It's been a tough start to our Premier League campaign. The tough games against Arsenal, Chelsea, and Manchester City was punishment for us not taking more from the games against Bournemouth, Huddersfield, and Newcastle. This game offers us a chance to play a side more on our footing but it will still be hard to get something against a Burnley side that have re-discovered their best form in this Sunday 4pm kick-off at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Cardiff will be a bit sore after that heavy home loss to Manchester City. The past few games have been a reality check on how far off the top six teams we are. We were brave against Arsenal and Chelsea. Undone by moments of world class finishing. Against Manchester City we gave them too much respect so deserved that score-line.

If we want to stay up then we need to start winning games like this. Burnley are a very difficult side to play and they rightly come into the game as favourites if you ask me. Despite what the bookies say. They are more experienced at this level and, arguably, possess the stronger squad.

Sean Dyche's Europa League gamble didn't pay off and it looked like it would impact on the club's league form as they struggled to 1 draw and 4 defeats in their first 5 league matches. They failed to even score in 3 of those games. However, a destructive 4-0 win over Bournemouth last weekend saw them bounce back to their best. It was a warning sign for this week's hosts.

My main concern is that Neil Warnock still hasn't worked out his best starting line-up and system yet. I believe he's got the right players starting the games now that Kenneth Zohore has been dropped for a "lack of hunger". It's just working out how to get the best out of the likes of Bobby Reid and Danny Ward.

Until Warnock works out what his best line-up and system is I don't feel like we can get a win. We always stand a chance at home because we've created a great atmosphere at home over the past season or so. The fans will do their bit. I just think we still lack creativity in midfield. I'm expecting a better defensive performance with Sol Bamba likely to return to the line-up. I'm just not totally confident we can win this game. I think we'll struggle to break Burnley down. I need some of @Roy The Boy's optimism! :lol

Bear in mind that this is the pessimistic view of a Cardiff fan but I wouldn't be surprised if we fail to win this one. As I said, something still feels like it is missing from our performances at the moment. We're getting there and we are almost there. We're just not there yet and until that happens we won't fulfil our potential and will continue to fall short.

Draw @ 3.10 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.66 with Blacktype

Cardiff City has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games in Premier League.
Burnley lost their last 4 away games in Premier League.
Cardiff City has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 games in Premier League.
Cardiff City lost their last 3 home games in Premier League.
Cardiff City lost their last 4 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 117 Football Betting Streaks for 30.09.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-30-09-2018-11469

Bournemouth has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Premier League.
Crystal Palace won their last 3 away games in Premier League.
Bournemouth scored in last 6 home games in Premier League.
Bournemouth has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 home games in Premier League.
Bournemouth won their last 3 home games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 46 Football Betting Streaks for 01.10.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-01-10-2018-11472

Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace

It wasn't the most enjoyable game yesterday for us Cardiff fans so let's hope I can get this game spot on to lighten the mood. It's a battle of the early season mid-table performers tonight when Bournemouth host Crystal Palace at Dean Court for this 8pm kick-off.

Eddie Howe's side have started the season reasonably well. It was looking very positive after the first three league games with two wins and a draw. However, away defeats to Chelsea and Burnley have stumped their progress. In fact, the 4-0 loss to Burnley last week was cause for concern given the Clarets' poor start to the campaign.

It's been par for the course so far for Crystal Palace but the past couple of matches have put a stop that a three game losing streak that would have been a huge worry had it continued any longer. The three consecutive defeats to Liverpool, Watford, and Southampton showed how vulnerable the Eagles can be. However, two clean sheets in a row in their past two games against Huddersfield and Newcastle have put to rest those worries for the time being.

Bournemouth have only managed to win 1 of their 6 Premier League matches against Crystal Palace and Howe has openly admitted this week that Wilfried Zaha is always causing them trouble in their matches. Zaha is only better than he was when he previously played the Cherries so that does not bode well for Howe's side.

It is also disconcerting for Bournemouth fans to notice that this poor record against Palace in the league goes back a lot further than their time in the Premier League. Their last home league win against Palace came back on 12th November, 1988. Is this the game that breaks that duck?

The problem for Palace is that they are mis-firing in front of goal. They have only scored with 7.5% of their shots in the league this season. Only Cardiff have a worse record. As a Cardiff fan, I can tell you now, that's not great news! On the flip side, Bournemouth are conceding nearly 2 goals per game so there's hope for Palace here!

This is a tight one to call. Bournemouth are unbeaten at home this season having played Cardiff, Everton, and Leicester. Not necessarily the toughest of challenges but still decent results. Throw in the victory against Swansea last season and they are undefeated at home in the league since 18th April this year. Furthermore, they haven't lost to a team outside the top six in the league at home since 29th November, 2017. I can see them extending that run here tonight. I fancy this to be an exciting game actually.

Bournemouth to Win @ 2.30 with William Hill

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.80 with Betfair

@Mindfulness, what are your thoughts on this game?

5 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Bournemouth vs Crystal Palace

Bournemouth to Win @ 2.30 with William Hill

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.80 with Betfair

@Mindfulness, what are your thoughts on this game?

I don't think I can be of much help with tonight's game mate, it is really unpredictable. Bournemouth will wreck you if you play a high defensive line or attack in a naive way - their home game to Leicester was a case in point.

You're right to highlight Palace's appauling chance conversion, it's been a problem for us for such a long time now. We are also poor at defending counter-attacks this season, maybe because our full-backs like to go on the offensive. Despite this, Palace tend to play in their own half and get the basics right, we currently have the 4th strongest defence in the league; largely due to the Tomkins - Sakho centre-back partnership.

No outcome would suprise me in tonight's game, hopefully Palace will just sit back and counter as Bournemouth do not like playing against said strategy. There's nothing in the 1x2 or totals prices that stands out for me so I will avoid betting on this game.

14 hours ago, Mindfulness said:

Don't worry about it mate, Palace shot themselves in the foot after a good 2nd half, I'm encouraged by Max Meyer's performance. Congrats on your selections.

Yeah, I have been an admirer of Max Meyer for a couple of years now. Surprised that Schalke let him go. Got a potentially brilliant player on your books there.