** February Poker League Result : 1st andybell666, 2nd rosco, 3rd Like2Fish **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st mickyftm32, 2nd Tiffy, 3rd Cauncie, 4th Alley Cat Glover, 5th Larkin22 **
Attention, PL Members! To reinforce security on the forum, we have updated our login process. Please note that you will now need to use your email address to sign in, rather than your forum username. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Newbie question

Withnail

Hi all, I've just got into greyhound betting.

I've been looking at form on sporting life and greyhoundbet sites. 

My question is about the times shown on sporting life, are these the dog's finishing time or the race winning time?

Because on the greyhoundbet site I see winning time and calculated time.

I just want to see what the dog's finishing time was regardless of finishing position.

Thanks for any help :-)

Welcome to the PL @Withnail

The times on the SpLife are the dogs calculated finishing times, these are after the adjustments are made for the going that day. for example if its racing slow (+10) or fast (-10) this will be adjusted to the finishing time.

The calculated time for the dog. This will be calculated from the distance the dog finished behind the winner and adjusted for the going allowance.

If you look at the SP LIfe for this dog at Romford today and compare it with the form on the Racing Post you will see what I mean

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 10.59.00.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-20 at 10.59.14.png

In its last race the winning time was 24.50, it was beaten 2.5 lengths so the time of the beaten was 24.70

1 length = 0.08 sec in greyhound terms so 2.5 lengths = 0.20
The going was normal so the calculated time is unchanged

:ok.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The reason for the difference is that the Racing Post form incorporates the going allowance whilst the Sporting Life form totally ignores the going allowance.The Sporting Life uses actual times in all its Greyhound form and ignores whatever the going is.

The picks and the prices for all graded races in the Racing Post for all tracks are now computer generated.The open races are compiled as described by Bang On using someones opinion.The predictor is a computer system generated pick method using a different computer programmed to make the selections so they can be different.