** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Over 2.5 Goals a Different Method

Hello All

below is the method I use for selecting Over 2.5 goals

Most punters look at average goals per game and if the game average is over 2.5  for both home and away teams then it ma be considered as a selection

My approach is similar but I rank the teams (see below snip from Excel)

the below table (League 1) shows Avg.H Goals This is the average for goals scored in game for Home Team Home matches only

so for example (Home games only) Portsmouth Goals for 9 Goals against 2 total =11 divide by number of home games played 4 gives 2.75 The ranking for Portsmouth (Rank G.H) is 9

Portsmouth Goals for home (Avg.GFH) is 2.25 with a ranking of 1 

I add the 2 ranking figures together Portsmouth = 10

I do the same for the away Team so for Wycombe Rank Goals Away (Rank G.A)=3 Rank Goals for Away (Rank GFA)=12 add them together giving a total of 15 for Wycombe

I then add the I then add the home ranking to the away ranking Total 25 for this game

The same is done for All Games in League ( see Lower snip from Excel)

image.png.f04b27eaf8d395a445e1d23fb541a246.png

image.png.4fc5cab4d2c7b42da5a6866e8750ece4.png

How do I select from this? ( These games are for League 1 Sat 22nd)

I only bet if the home team has played 4 or more games at home and the away team has played 4 or more games away

I only consider games with the 3 Lowest Home Rankings ( Highlighted in red) and the 3 Lowest Away Rankings (Highlighted in red)

I now have a total of 6 games to consider. I now find the lowest Total ranking and if this is one of the 6 games then it becomes the selection for over 2.5 goals

My selection for Sat League 1 is Gillingham v Peterbrough over 2.5 goals

I do this for 4 leagues normally Premiership,Championship,League 1 and league 2

and My bet is 4 trebles and a 4 timer

Its quite simple to set up in Excel if you want to try

interesting. as Zemside said, you got results? :))

oh and what do you mean by treble bets - i thought you come up with one selection for one bet per game day? ah I think I see - so you do that for four leages and put on a treble and also 4 singles. i guess lower stake for the treble?

Edited by liero1

9 hours ago, Zemside said:

Kentuckey110---Good to have as a guide,sure one can find some value bets too.Did you play this last season and how did it go?

@Zemside

I only played about with this method at the back end of Last season and only did single bets.I did notice that a number of times

all 4 were over 2.5 and and quite a few Times I had would have had trebles up giving a small profit.

Overall I did make a small profit but this season I will be giving it a go

Rules are Home Teams MUST have played 4 home games Away teams MUST have Played away games

if there is a selection in each league then the bet will be 4 trebles and one 4 timer (Hills do a bet boost on trebles and above)

if only 3 selections then 3 doubles and a Treble

if only 2 selections then 1 double  

Staking is 5 pts

so 4 Selections = 4 trebles and a 4 timer 1pt on each

3 selections = 3 doubles and a treble 1.5 pts on the doubles and 0.5pt on the treble

2 selections only then 2 x 2.5pts win singles

I will if anyone is interested post the selections. But it is quite simple to set up in Excel

Regards

Kentucky

2 hours ago, note3user said:

Hi Kentuckey110 looks like a little good system

2 questions where you get the data from also do you have excel sheet to share please

@note3user

Hi There

The Home Away tables are generated by excel But you do have to record all results yourself

a simple way would be to copy and paste the home and away tables from one of the many sites on line and then

do lookups for Goals and rankings.

if you need any help with formulas then I would be only to happy to help

I will Saturday Morning post the selection for the weekend as Championship, League 1 and League 2 have played the qualifying number of Games

I will post in the below format (Highlighted in Yellow would be the selection)

image.png.4fc5cab4d2c7b42da5a6866e8750ece4.png

Regards

Kentucky

I read Everything but i think i didnt understand How u do the math and why the lower are better. I think im missing something important.

Do you have another way to explain this? 

If you can send me pm with more instructions and formulas to build a table like that.

Thanks 

Edited by darksidersfk

As promised below are the 3 qualifying leagues for this week with selection Highlighted yellow Wigan play tonight

The lower the Rating = the higher number of goals scored

EXAMPLE

If you look at Reading Home Games

Goals for = 3 Goals Against = 7 Total 10 divide by games played 4 Gives an Average of 2.5 goals per home games played

some may consider the game for over 2.5 goals because Readings average is 2.5

But their average for goals scored a home 3 is only 0.75

Lets look at Hull away

Goals for = 5 Goals Against =7 Total 12 Divide by games played 4 gives average 3.00 goals per away game

Both teams Have good GAME averages

But the average for goals scored away is only 1.25

Does that explain it a little better?

The game with the LOWEST rating historically should in theory produce the most goals

image.png.89e1ac7a10476d61c7e68781bb9a7980.pngimage.png.24eb204de1ff445bbdb9a586086a1d29.pngimage.png.db52972492dc883392d9dfefd8aff646.png

I have just compiled a simple Excel sheet but I am unable to attach it (unless someone can tell me how)

@note3user@darksidersfkIf you can somehow send me your email Privately do not post on here I will send it to you it should give a starting point for you to create your own Tables

if you google Excel League Tables there are a number of good ones available for free

Lets see what what happens this week

Kentucky

4 minutes ago, svc1796 said:

Hi. Why do you have GAH (Goals against home) column if you don't use it? 

There are a number of columns on that part of the sheet that are not used e.g perf ratings and league positions but the ranking for

But these are used in other parts of my Calculations for various bets

Goals against is used as explained in an earlier post

I am only trying to explain one of my methods ( Over 2.5 Goals) and this is the first complete season I will be giving it a go

I will be recording the HIGHEST rating for this season to see if it may Indicate Under 2.5 goals

but will have to wait a full season to see what the data produces

1 hour ago, darksidersfk said:

I don't have anything for you to send the email, how can I send u my email? 

Can't u upload the file to google sheets or something ?

OK I think I have done it The sheet is called RANKING

let me know if you can get it 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11RJQuXTn-X52U6niSwqrL_wpFDSHw-O9YCkf2Wfoa9A/edit#gid=1656779749

6 hours ago, Kentucky110 said:

There are a number of columns on that part of the sheet that are not used e.g perf ratings and league positions but the ranking for

But these are used in other parts of my Calculations for various bets

Goals against is used as explained in an earlier post

I am only trying to explain one of my methods ( Over 2.5 Goals) and this is the first complete season I will be giving it a go

I will be recording the HIGHEST rating for this season to see if it may Indicate Under 2.5 goals

but will have to wait a full season to see what the data produces

Got it now. One more question, when exactly you decide to bet? Good attacking team vs Bad defending team is obvious, but when you have two good attacking teams with good defence, two bad defending teams with low goals scored? Explain this please

28 minutes ago, svc1796 said:

Got it now. One more question, when exactly you decide to bet? Good attacking team vs Bad defending team is obvious, but when you have two good attacking teams with good defence, two bad defending teams with low goals scored? Explain this please

@svc1796 I bet purely on the numbers providing they meet the criteria explained in earlier posts

My selection method picks 1 game per league

Tonight's game Wigan v Bristol City appears to be both good attacking teams based on the number of goals scored by each team but they have both conceded less than they scored does that make them both good defensive teams? I think you can over complicate things by delving too deep.

But saying that I will be saving all games in a database for future analysis and until I have at least 1 seasons data I am unable to make a comment. We can only wait and see how thing develop

I might add that I get as much pleasure out of developing the Ideas as I do from backing the selections and I am not doing this to get rich quick only to win more than I put on

2 hours ago, Kentucky110 said:

OK I think I have done it The sheet is called RANKING

let me know if you can get it 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11RJQuXTn-X52U6niSwqrL_wpFDSHw-O9YCkf2Wfoa9A/edit#gid=1656779749

That was exactly what I ask, thanks very much, I'll take a look today and see if I understand everything now!

For anyone who downloaded the RANKING sheet

if you change the Home and away tables Wigan Games Played now 5 and GF now 9 also change Bristol City Games Played now 5 and GA now 7 this reflects the results of last nights game and there is now a second selection in the championship based on the new table

Aston Villa v Sheffield Weds

23 hours ago, Kentucky110 said:

For anyone who downloaded the RANKING sheet

if you change the Home and away tables Wigan Games Played now 5 and GF now 9 also change Bristol City Games Played now 5 and GA now 7 this reflects the results of last nights game and there is now a second selection in the championship based on the new table

Aston Villa v Sheffield Weds

I have now added a League Table Spreadsheet to Google sheets

You need to enter results manually (Team name must be exactly the same as setup)

You should be able to create your own leagues from the sheet

If you have any questions then please feel free to ask

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cNBQnCAnacJ9gTGHzkgHMbO3uDi4Q_TzLIl1pF1Z0eI/edit?usp=sharing

Note the original sheet was from Excel Templates all free to download and a great source of Information for creating formulas

On 9/23/2018 at 8:02 AM, Kentucky110 said:

I have now added a League Table Spreadsheet to Google sheets

You need to enter results manually (Team name must be exactly the same as setup)

You should be able to create your own leagues from the sheet

If you have any questions then please feel free to ask

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cNBQnCAnacJ9gTGHzkgHMbO3uDi4Q_TzLIl1pF1Z0eI/edit?usp=sharing

Note the original sheet was from Excel Templates all free to download and a great source of Information for creating formulas

This is actually a very nice and well made mate. Thanks  a lot

One question about this sheet... In this excel sheet there is no ranking system like in the other RANKING sheet. I thought this were merged but I think not. So I will have to do those calculations from the RANKING sheet correct?
If that is the case for me I think it will be easier just to paste copy on that excel (RANKING) a new league since everything is automatically.

Correct me if I'm wrong

22 minutes ago, darksidersfk said:

This is actually a very nice and well made mate. Thanks  a lot

One question about this sheet... In this excel sheet there is no ranking system like in the other RANKING sheet. I thought this were merged but I think not. So I will have to do those calculations from the RANKING sheet correct?
If that is the case for me I think it will be easier just to paste copy on that excel (RANKING) a new league since everything is automatically.

Correct me if I'm wrong

@darksidersfk

Should be fairly easy to  add the Rankings and add the other 3 leagues. (Or any league that you may want to)

May be easier to have separate sheets for each league

much better to have Live data as you can see from last weeks Friday game once Wigans result was entered it then gave another bet in the league ( which won)

Giving a total of 3 wins from the 4 selections

If you are struggling with setting the league sheet up then let me know . Then if I get chance later in the week I will try and sort something out.

Regards

Ken

2 hours ago, Kentucky110 said:

@darksidersfk

Should be fairly easy to  add the Rankings and add the other 3 leagues. (Or any league that you may want to)

May be easier to have separate sheets for each league

much better to have Live data as you can see from last weeks Friday game once Wigans result was entered it then gave another bet in the league ( which won)

Giving a total of 3 wins from the 4 selections

If you are struggling with setting the league sheet up then let me know . Then if I get chance later in the week I will try and sort something out.

Regards

Ken

For me the only problem is after the the  league table is all good I can't make the calculations, cause in the Ranking sheet u use a lot of formulas and Vlookup, I don't want to mess around with that. The thing is after I do everything in the League table excel I can copy that table to the Ranking excel ? This is possible without any trouble or errors ? But its easy just use the Ranking excel and create multiple ones for different leagues... I think its the best way

BTW where did u get the games data ? I always get my information from footballdata, just need to change the name of some teams to match each other, I think its easy and faster.

Edited by darksidersfk

19 hours ago, darksidersfk said:

For me the only problem is after the the  league table is all good I can't make the calculations, cause in the Ranking sheet u use a lot of formulas and Vlookup, I don't want to mess around with that. The thing is after I do everything in the League table excel I can copy that table to the Ranking excel ? This is possible without any trouble or errors ? But its easy just use the Ranking excel and create multiple ones for different leagues... I think its the best way

BTW where did u get the games data ? I always get my information from footballdata, just need to change the name of some teams to match each other, I think its easy and faster.

@darksidersfk Hello I have added a couple of new sheets for you

Premiership with Rankings I have added the next games you will need to fill results in

Just check the notes on the sheet I think you will be able to follow No selections will be made for premiership this week as the teams need to have 4 or more games Home and Away

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14h2rAOp2k1v8IdUvkwgWDo941mE2WzdFv5AWISoNg58/edit#gid=1994520008

Championship with rankings you will need to add the next games in Fixtures and again in Rankings  check the instructions on the ranking tab

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uivHQ_Neeu5a75UW7-NlMI5RYkaMhqexA9BQpuGQcV4/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any questions then ask. I should be around for the next few hours

Couple of things to consider If there are less than 75% of games played (Bad weather Ect) then I don't bet.

if games are played over a few days say Sat Sun then After entering Sat results the ranking table may throw up another bet

I do back these. The data you enter MUST be correct as the sheet only produces the league table if correctly if you enter the data correctly. Bit like cutting a piece of wood measure twice cut once then measure again

Regards

Ken

35 minutes ago, Kentucky110 said:

Premiership with Rankings I have added the next games you will need to fill results in

Just check the notes on the sheet I think you will be able to follow No selections will be made for premiership this week as the teams need to have 4 or more games Home and Away

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14h2rAOp2k1v8IdUvkwgWDo941mE2WzdFv5AWISoNg58/edit#gid=1994520008

Championship with rankings you will need to add the next games in Fixtures and again in Rankings  check the instructions on the ranking tab

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uivHQ_Neeu5a75UW7-NlMI5RYkaMhqexA9BQpuGQcV4/edit?usp=sharing

Couple of things to consider If there are less than 75% of games played (Bad weather Ect) then I don't bet.

if games are played over a few days say Sat Sun then After entering Sat results the ranking table may throw up another bet

I do back these. The data you enter MUST be correct as the sheet only produces the league table if correctly if you enter the data correctly. Bit like cutting a piece of wood measure twice cut once then measure again

Regards

Ken

Whoops here's me saying measure twice cut once the link for Championship had an error  I Have corrected sheet

Please re-download

3 hours ago, Kentucky110 said:

Regards

Ken

Thanks a lot for this... the time you wasted just to pull this off is awesome.

GL to the system, I'll follow as well ofc

Just be aware there are 2 championship games being played Friday although the are currently not selections for Over 2.5 goals depending on the results of those 2 games.Which should be added to your sheet once results are known It could change the currently selected selection

I will post the selections on Saturday morning. If you have downloaded and created your own sheets we can then see if we are selecting the same games

Ken

I tested this system this last 2 to 3 days between a few leagues (not only england) and this are the results.

Hope you guys understand the meanings. y= yes ; n=no ; <=5 = Lessor equal than five ranking ; 5~10= Between 5 and 10 ranking and so on...

All of this was hand made in excel, basically I copied the games ranks for each day and after the result i just put "y" or "n" for over 2.5 just to get an overview where this hits more and not. Dunno if this was the best way to present the results but I thought doing it. Maybe with a few tweaks this can hit more i guess... Between 30 and 50 we got 18 games with over 2.5 and only 11 with under 2.5. Below 10 there was only 2 games with this ranking in total of 64 and they both were over 2,5.

Feel free to comment :D

Untitled.jpg