** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - September 24 - September 30

• 2 weeks later...

Qiang Wang to beat Maria Sakkari at 1.53 with Unibet

Bernard Tomic to beat Bradley Klahn at 1.74 with Pinnacle

Margarita Gasparyan (-3.5) to beat Sabina Sharipova at 1.72 with Bet365

Ekaterina Alexandrova to beat Ivana Jorovic at 1.80 with Bet365

Irina Begu to beat Kateryna Kozlova at 1.58 with Pinnacle

Hello, it's me again, Mario, with five picks for the early rounds. Qiang Wang was in an amazing form last week and Chinese players tend to work really hard in home events, so I do fancy her against Sakkari. Tomic has finally found some footing, while Klahn is still way too unproven outside the US, so there's that. At 1.74, I'm definitely happy to have a shot. In Tashkent, I definitely fancy Begu and Alexandrova on quality terms. Finally, I've been waiting to back Gasparyan somewhere since seeing her in the US Open against Kerber and this looks like a good opportunity. She's a top 50 material when in form, while Sharipova is just below average.

Ramkumar Ramanathan to beat Jiri Vesely at 2.50 with bet365

Jiri has lost to no.419 Zsombor Piros in 5 sets on clay in Davis cup. Now he's up against a 23 year old indian qualifier ranked 136 who reached his first ATP final on grass in Newport this season. Jiri hasn't played good tennis in a long time and it looks like he'll run into big troubles again here with his bad form. An indian in asia on hard court could be a good combination so an upset could be possible. At least I think Ramkumars chances are better than the odds suggest.

Prajnesh Gunneswaran to beat Matteo Berrettini at 3.00 with bet365

The other indian playing in asia this week also looks like he's got better chances than the odds suggest. Prajnesh no.164 is older than Ramkumar and his ranking is not as good and he hasn't reached the same level of success through his career but he's got the game for hardcourt and could do some damage in this match. Prajnesh is 28 year old and also has qualified for his chance in the maindraw against this younger italian who just won the St. Petersburg doubles title with Fabio Fognini. The travel could be a problem for Matteo and that's the only reason I'm taking the qualifier but that could be enough.

Donna Vekic to beat Coco Vandeweghe at 1.67 with William Hill

Hi everybody. Im new here and my first pick will be the victory of Vekic against Coco in Wuhan. Vekic is in a very good form actually, he did a good tournament in Tokyo beating good players as Stephens, Konta and Garcia, all of them in straight sets. She finally was defeat by Pliskova in a very tough match in 3 sets. Coco is getting good results in doubles but not in singles. She has not won a match in singles since June in Hertogenbosch, so im hoping Vekic to beat her. Good luck to everybody and please tell me if i make something wrong with my posts to solve it because im new.

Well, Coco has retired in the 4th game of the third set for an injury. To be honest the match was not like i expected, Coco has taken Vekic to the limit and she has literally cried during the match. Anyway, the bet is no valid and is a little bit frustrating because in others bookies the bet would be won. Good luck with your predictions. Maybe i will post some prediction later if i find value. Thanks for your predictions and congratulations Czechpunter for predicting the victories of Gasparyan, Tomic and Qiang Wang. I also saw Gasparyan against Kerber in the US Open and she was amazing.

Elina Svitolina to beat Aryna Sabalenka at 1.91 with William Hill

Going with Svitolina in this one. I know Sabalenka has improved a lot, she played absolutely well in Cincinnati and Connecticut but i think that bookies now are overrating her a little bit. In Québec she lost in the first round against Lepchenko in straight sets and we can't forget that Sabalenka has only 20 years old. The hard court season of Svitolina is not been excellent but she won at least 2 matches in every tournament she has played so is not being bad either. Sabalenka plays an ultra-agressive tennis so if she's not accurate use to make a lot of unforced errors. I think Svitolina is the kind of player who can frustrate Sabalenka, forcing her to hit the ball in bad positions and making her to commit a lot of UE.

Dominika Cibulkova (-1.5 sets) to beat Simona Halep at 6.00 with bet365

Finally it may acctually be worth backing Dominika again after a long long time since she was worth backing. She's not as good anymore as she was back in 2016 but this matchup is clearly in favour of Dominika and Simona lost her last match in US open first round in straight sets to Kaia Kanepi and chances are that we might see the same thing happening here again. Dominika has won 4 matches against Simona and in all 4 matches she didn't drop a set and it was 3 on hardcourt and once on grass. Should be worth taking the risk of Dominika winning in two here.

Kateryna Kozlova to beat Fiona Ferro at 1.63 with Pinnacle

Kozlova ruined my pick on Begu in the previous round, but, to be fair, she played really well and she was enjoying the conditions quite a bit as well with good aggression. Based on that, I fancy her quite strongly against Ferro tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Paul is an inconsistent serve-bot, Laaksonen is a walking tragedy. I was a fan of Laaksonen a few years ago, but he's become a joke.

I know you backed Henri to be the higher ranked player against Marco Chiudinelli in 2016 and I think you got that bet right at least but you're right Henri seems like a walking tragedy. Anyway I've backed Tommy to win turn around second set and win it but the commentator just said "I don't know what's Tommys issue but there's clearly something not alright with his left leg, I don't know if it's the leg or the back causing that problem"

Hi folks.Hope sod's law won't affect me as till now i had success with the way i made the selections:)

There will be 2 lists of selections sometimes as the matches begin after midnight or early in the morning and by the afternoon so will post them on time for anyone.So let's roll:)

25.09 ATP Shenzen:Herbert-Tsitsipas 2 at 1.5 with Bet365

25.09 Challenger Orleans:Nys-Ymer 2  at 1.6 with 18Bet

25.09 Challenger Orleans:Brands-Humbert O 9.5 1st set at 1.52 with Unibet

Edited by danny8315

Dominika Cibulkova to beat Daria Kasatkina at 2.00 with bet365

I have found some reasons to go With Domi at this one. Hard courts are the best surface for Cibulkova, by far. Se has 9 WTA titles and 8 of them are in hard courts. She did a good US Open beating Arantxa Rus, Su-Wei Hsieh and Kerber and today she has beaten Simona Halep in straight sets (Congratulations for that four-leaf) including a 6-0 in the first set. I know Halep required some medical time outs but anyway Domi played so well and i saw Halep running and fighting every point. Kasatkina also feels so comfortable in hard courts but i think that her style is better for clay courts. She lost against Sasnovich in the 2nd round of the US Open, in the 1st round in Cincinatti against Petra Martic and in the 2nd round in Canada against Sharapova so i can say that actually she's not getting good results in hard. Today Xiyu Wang (17 years old) has been so close to defeat Kasatkina (1-6, 6-3, 7-6). I see Cibulkova in a better form and she can hit the ball with more power than Daria (that's something important in that kind of surface where the ball goes fast).

Yesterday i had 2 bets on my mind. One of them was the victory of Kontaveit against Vekic because like i said in my last post Coco took her to the limit and i saw her physically and mentally exhausted. The other one was the one i finally post and was failed (sorry about that). Things are not going as i expected so if this one goes wrong i will take a rest. Good luck.

Hyeong Chung to beat Felix Auger Aliassime 2-0 at 2.10 with bet365

Bernard Tomic to beat Lloyd Harris at 1.80 with bet365

Going also with this two. Felix is improving a lot and he will be a top player in the future but he's still so far away from the level of Chung. The surface is perfect for the Korean player so he should win most of the long rallies. Nothing much to say about Tomic. He's better player than Harris and the only negative thing about this will be his implication. If he wants to go up in the ranking he has a good opportunity here and i expect from him a good attitude, if she does he should win against a worse player like Harris.

57 minutes ago, losingpunter said:

Man you are too much hooked on one game. get a life. tommy paul and laaksnonen are not worth giving minute by minute updates. Laaksnonen has a bad injury and if he continues to play like this his career will be over in 2 years

I like the updates. When you hit a $6.00 odd you can give frequent updates too. 

@four-leaf keep them coming mate. You are on fire this week!

7 hours ago, losingpunter said:

Man you are too much hooked on one game. get a life. tommy paul and laaksnonen are not worth giving minute by minute updates. Laaksnonen has a bad injury and if he continues to play like this his career will be over in 2 years

Considering I've never seen you post a decent pick I'd respect other members a bit more if I were you and maybe try to learn something.

8 hours ago, losingpunter said:

1 more personal insult and I'll stick you in Dr Who's Tardis.

Well, absolutely disappointed with Chung, started the match playing with no motivation and committing a lot of unforced errors. Fastly he was 4-1 down in the first set and he finally lost it in the tie-break. Happy with other two, Tomic and Cibulkova won. Losingpunter, Cibulkova today played so well, she definitely has increased her level and I'm starting to see some of that amazing player se was 2 years ago. She's not the most talented player of course but she's a fighter. She always plays with motivation and today played amazingly, hitting the ball with a lot of power and cleaning the lines of the court, moving Kasatkina so much.

Taro Daniel vs Fernando Verdasco (under 22 games @ 1.813, Pinnacle)

Match from ATP Shenzhen Open - R16. Taro Daniel is #74 and Fernando Verdasco #28 in the ATP ranking. Daniel comes from a difficult 3-sets match against Tatsuma Ito, while Verdasco comes from a short match against Jason Jung, with only 5 games against. Verdasco's older than Daniel, but he's in good form. I think in this match the experience will stand out and we won't have many games.