** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > September 4th/5th

Darran

A decent Saturday with 3 biggish priced winners although again I failed to get a winning Nap. Just the two leagues in action this mid week and all my four bets are in the National League.

Boreham Wood v Chesterfield

The home side have yet to lose at home this season and the away side have now lost 5 on the bounce, but I am backing Chesterfield to win this. Martin Allen has already said Chesterfield can't win the title and whilst I don't think they will either, it seems rather early to be throwing the towel in especially given the league is pretty tight still. Each game they have lost it has only been by 1 goal so they aren't miles away and they played well against Orient on Saturday. They will get back to winning ways sooner rather than later and it might well be here. Wood have won the same amount of games as their opponents and they have beaten Dagenham, Halifax and Maidstone so apart from Halifax they have beaten two sides in the bottom six at the moment. The look weaker than last season and drawing to a poor Braintree team on Saturday was hardly a great effort. Marathon are 129/50 about an away win and that looks huge to me as I would have it under 2/1 myself.

Dover v Ebbsfleet

A Kent derby here and I think Ebbsfleet can add to Dover's struggles. Dover have only won once all season (annoyingly it was the 4-3 win over Havant which stopped me from winning a rather nice amount of money!) and Chris Kinnear looks like he is going to have his work cut out to keep them in the division. They have only picked up one other point and they are really struggling at the moment. Ebbsfleet lost to Fylde on Saturday, but given they are looking genuine title contenders it was hardly a bad thing and Ebbsfleet looked good themselves anyway. Both of those sides were ante-post picks and I certainly wouldn't want to be ruling out Ebbsfleet just yet. They certainly look in much better shape than Dover at the moment and 6/4 (Skybet and Marathon) looks a fair price about an away win.

Hartlepool v Barrow

Hartlepool are beginning to click having won 4 on the bounce now after not picking up a victory in their first 3 games. Granted their fixture list has been fairly kind, but this game looks another good opportunity for 3 points. Barrow have surprised me by how well they have done, but most of their good performances have been at home and they have only picked up a point in 4 away games so far. That was a good performance against Leyton Orient, but it does stand out like a sore thumb when compared to their other efforts away from Cumbria. I think the home side should be odds on for this so 113/100 with Marathon looks a cracking price and hopefully they can be a winning Nap.

Maidstone v Sutton

I was surprised Maidstone sacked Jay Saunders and it made little sense to me. He had done so well for them and it is hard to see how anyone could do any better given the squad they have at the moment. They looked short of confidence on Saturday against Gateshead who were all over them for 90 minutes but could only score a late goal to win the game. Sutton played in a poor game at the weekend when they drew against Halifax. Paul Doswell suggested it was because of a heavy schedule so that is a concern if it was, but Sutton are better than Maidstone and even if they aren't at their best they should have enough to win this. Sutton haven't won in 4, but they have only lost once all season and this looks a good chance to get back to winning ways. 6/5 with Marathon is a fair price I think although if they go odds on I think the value will have gone.

Chesterfield 1pt @ 129/50 with Marathon

Ebbsfleet 1pt @ 6/4 with Skybet and Marathon

Hartlepool 2.5pts @ 113/100 with Marathon

Sutton 1pt @ 6/5 with Marathon

I´m on Leyton and the other Bet are a Both2Score - Yes on the Bromley-Barnet Game...

For me Leyton are in superb Form and grab a late Goal for the Win at Chesterfield. Solihull on other Side also on good Form, but for me they are a little bit overrated at the Moment. They was not the best Travlers last Season and this Season they also showing not there best Performances in Defensive. That can be the differnt in the Game against Leyton.

Other Game is Bromley-Barnet. Both are in good Form and Bromley without a lose in 4 Games and Barnet without a Lose in 3 Games. So both want to take something in this Game to look more into the Play Off Places. So for me there is in 1X2 a open Game where both can grab the Win. But for me it looks like a 1:1 or something else - where both Teams can find the Net.

Leyton @ 1.95 4/10 bet365

Bromley-Barnet - Both2Score - Yes @ 1.75 4/10 bet365

My first post for Non League Football.

Fylde v Salford

AFC Fylde (my each way fancy for the title), come up against ante post favs Salford. Fylde will be too strong tonight. Odds against is decent value in my mind. For a bigger odds bet, try 4-0 5-0 and 6-0. Last season included a 6-0 win at home to Champions Macclesfield Town, among other big home victories.

Main bet. Fylde Home Win

Boreham Wood vs Chesterfield (2) +0.25 1.93 1u

Chesterfield lost against Leyton Orient last game, but in actualy fact, draw would have been fair.. BHW weren't spectacular against poor Braintree and I think at this odds, Chesterfield is worth a shot.

Maidstone vs Sutton (2) -0.25 1.86 1u

Maidstone were under pressure by Gateshead for large period of the game, having only two shots in the entire match. They will be missing topscorer Turgott due to red card and this is something they could have done without. Sutton are not exactly setting the league on fire, but they are surely more than capable of winning this match.

12 minutes ago, Paul B said:

Fylde v Salford

AFC Fylde (my each way fancy for the title), come up against ante post favs Salford. Fylde will be too strong tonight. Odds against is decent value in my mind. For a bigger odds bet, try 4-0 5-0 and 6-0. Last season included a 6-0 win at home to Champions Macclesfield Town, among other big home victories.

Main bet. Fylde Home Win

:welcome to PL @Paul B  :ok 

I've merged this with the main thread. ;) 

1 hour ago, Paul B said:

Fylde v Salford

Main bet. Fylde Home Win

Any reason why you think Fylde will be too strong tonight Paul?

11 minutes ago, DanV89 said:

Salford concede a lot of goals mate, far too many for a team that potentially should be challenging at the top end of the table. Fylde bagged their first away win on Saturday so I do have to agree, they could easily win this tonight.

It's a brave man that backs Chesterfield who have lost 5 on the bounce @Darran, especially away from home. They need to improve before they can be backed with any confidence but you know your stuff mate.

Barnet are starting to turn it round, as expected so I've taken them in a 4 fold along with Hartlepool, Ebbsfleet and Sutton, pays 22's.

4 hours ago, DanV89 said:

Sorry for delay. Really strong home form. 6 v Champions last year 7 v Dover. I realise Salford are the big money side now. Danny Rowe is by far the best centre forward in that league. Watched him live when they played my side Kiddy Harriers. Awesome striker. The big scores are a "fun" aside tbf. Could happen...

25 minutes ago, Darran said:

Be surprised if Fylde do win easily but happy if they do. Chesterfield are playing well just not quite turning them into wins. They will win again sooner rather than later as they are a good side. If back them to finish above boreham Wood come April.

25 minutes ago, Darran said:

Be surprised if Fylde do win easily but happy if they do. Chesterfield are playing well just not quite turning them into wins. They will win again sooner rather than later as they are a good side. If back them to finish above boreham Wood come April.

Hi Darran

I decided to join in here. Wish had done it ages ago. Seems really good on here.

1 hour ago, Darran said:

When I said 'easily' I didn't mean win the game at a canter, I meant they could easily win as in win the game.

22 hours ago, Neubs said:

I´m on Leyton and the other Bet are a Both2Score - Yes on the Bromley-Barnet Game...

For me Leyton are in superb Form and grab a late Goal for the Win at Chesterfield. Solihull on other Side also on good Form, but for me they are a little bit overrated at the Moment. They was not the best Travlers last Season and this Season they also showing not there best Performances in Defensive. That can be the differnt in the Game against Leyton.

Other Game is Bromley-Barnet. Both are in good Form and Bromley without a lose in 4 Games and Barnet without a Lose in 3 Games. So both want to take something in this Game to look more into the Play Off Places. So for me there is in 1X2 a open Game where both can grab the Win. But for me it looks like a 1:1 or something else - where both Teams can find the Net.

Leyton @ 1.95 4/10 >bet365

Bromley-Barnet - Both2Score - Yes @ 1.75 4/10 >bet365

Little Minus here at the end of the Day...

@Darran

What do you think about Aldershot Win tomorrow against Havant&Waterloville. Think Aldershot Odds are little bit to High. Last Games wasn´t such bad - with Home Win against Sutton and last 2 Away Games was against Strong opponents with Ebbsfleet and Wrexham. Think the odds should be more closer or what to you say?

On 04/09/2018 at 7:52 PM, cc135 said:

Boreham Wood vs Chesterfield (2) +0.25 1.93 1u

Chesterfield lost against Leyton Orient last game, but in actualy fact, draw would have been fair.. BHW weren't spectacular against poor Braintree and I think at this odds, Chesterfield is worth a shot.

Maidstone vs Sutton (2) -0.25 1.86 1u

Maidstone were under pressure by Gateshead for large period of the game, having only two shots in the entire match. They will be missing topscorer Turgott due to red card and this is something they could have done without. Sutton are not exactly setting the league on fire, but they are surely more than capable of winning this match.

Chesterfield created chances, but were made to rue them with their lack of a decent finisher, they actually had more shots on target and total shots than BHW. Losing 6 games on the bounce seems like a record for them, i reckon?

Sutton dispatched of Maidstone with much to spare, margin should have been bigger as well. 1W1L from me this midweek. Hope for better in the weekend.