** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Sep 15th - 17th

8 hours ago, MaliMisko12 said:

Hello

Nice to hear you with you again my friends, unfortunately I was not so much online because I have had summer job to do,but now lets make some money!!

Tottenham-Liverpool 2(win Liverpool) 2.37 Bet365

I saw lineup of Tottenham and I can say that today the will just defend,Pochettino is separated defense and attack,in other case Liverpool will be high stand up and with ball in their half will control the game,when Liverpool score first goal Tottenham will attack them and game will be over.

So Good luck to everyone today.

Good call, well played.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

West Ham United has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 away games in Premier League.
Everton scored in last 4 home games in Premier League.
Wolverhampton Wanderers has under 2.5 goals in their last 4 games in Premier League.
Wolverhampton Wanderers allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 3 games in Premier League.
Everton allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 3 home games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 75 Football Betting Streaks for 16.09.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-16-09-2018-11274

6 hours ago, Magic0024 said:

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

West Ham United has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 away games in Premier League.
Everton scored in last 4 home games in Premier League.
Wolverhampton Wanderers has under 2.5 goals in their last 4 games in Premier League.
Wolverhampton Wanderers allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 3 games in Premier League.
Everton allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 3 home games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 75 Football Betting Streaks for 16.09.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-16-09-2018-11274

A few of these statements are false, e.g. Everton conceded a single goal in each of their home games this season (2:1 v Southampton and 1:1 against Huddersfield); Wolves conceded a single goal in each of their last 2 games against Man City and West Ham; Wolves drew 2:2 with Everton on opening day (that counts as over 2.5, right?).

Does anyone else even read the "facts and streaks" posts anymore?

Wolverhampton Wanders-Burnley 2(5.75) Bet365 or safe bet x2(2.10)

Hello my friends

I belive in victory of Burnley for two reason.First one is desperate defense of Wolwes and second one is desperate win for Burnley.I am watching line up and I can say Burnley go for a win because Burnley manager play with two strikers who is best weapon goal from a cross with header and honestly Wolwes defense(expecte Bolly) play very poor and he plays with Gudmunson who is very good to cross ball in final third.Burnley defense is very good with partnership of Ben Mee and James Tarowski who plays very organized,so I belive in victory of Burnley but the safest bet is double chance.

So good luck to all of us

Southampton vs Brighton

OK, so this might not technically be a derby game for either of these sides but it's kind of like the subsidiary derby game given they are less than 2 hours apart and the nearest located side to each other after their rivals. So there could be a bit of grit to this game where Southampton welcome South Coast rivals Brighton to St Mary's Stadium for an 8pm kick-off tonight.

Mark Hughes helped to guide Southampton to safety last season when it looked like they might drop down into the Championship. One draw and two defeats in their opening three games was softened by a 2-0 win away to Crystal Palace in their last league game. However, did that victory paper over the cracks of a side that many are tipping to struggle once again?

Brighton were also tipped by many to suffer second season syndrome after an encouraging debut in the Premier League last season. Chris Hughton has done a cracking job so far at the helm of the Seagulls. Heavy investment over the summer has increased expectations but the club has only picked up one win and one draw in their opening four league matches. In their defence, one of those wins came against Manchester United and their two defeats have come against high-flying Watford and Liverpool. It's early days yet!

The head-to-head record over recent years heavily favours the Saints. These two sides have faced each other in all forms of competition in the past 10 years including the Premier League, Championship, League One, and EFL Cup. It's grim reading for Brighton fans who have seen their side win just 2 of the last 16 meetings between the two sides in all competitions. Their last win at St Mary's came back on 15th November, 2009.

Throw into the mix the fact Brighton haven't won an away league game since November 2017. In fact, Brighton have only taken 11 points from a possible 63 on offer from away matches since their arrival in the Premier League. Southampton also boast a great record against fellow South Coast teams having won the last four of their games against South Coast opposition. It also doesn't bode well that Hughton himself but surely consider Southampton a bogey side having only picked up one win against them in his last 9 meetings.

Taking into consideration the odds of this match and Brighton's terrible away record I am tempted to back a narrow Southampton win here. I do think it'll be a struggle for the Saints this season but it's obvious that Hughton hasn't solved the away issues that plagued the side last season. The best they might get tonight is a draw.

Southampton to Win @ 2.10 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.68 with MarathonBet

Saints v Brighton 

Having watched a couple of Saints game I am not impressed. You just cannot keep selling players, rotating managers and stay healthy. I don't rate Hughes at all. Bang average manager, who has achieved nothing in this role!  Just lucky for them there are teams in worse situations. Newcastle, Huddersfield, Cardiff, Burnley look the other 4,  in a relegation triple decker sandwich.

Unless you are a Brighton or Saints fan, this game could be a hard watch. I think Mark Hughes is amazingly lucky to walk into the Saints job. Realistically he did nothing at Stoke, and left them in a relegation bound position. How does he walk into another massive paying job, with such limited credentials. Are there only 25 people that can manage a premier league club in Europe ? The manager merry-go-round is pathetically laughable :lol

On the flip side there is Chris Hughton, who has done really well as Brighton manager. He has them playing a solid , structured style. They will be hard to breakdown.

Most people are expecting a low scoring affair here, with the game going under 2.5 goals.

The under 2.5 goals is priced at 1.61 and the over 2.5 goals at odds of 2.25 . Is the under a reasonable bet? I am not sure. Brighton have not scored many on the road in recent games, but they have played tough opponents. For me it is a bet to leave alone.

I think that there is value in the away team, especially at odds of 4.2 and the Brighton double chance at 1.8 . I don't see an average to poor Saints side romping away here, and Brighton are more than capable of scoring a goal and hanging on. Soccer is just a strange, low scoring game.

Brighton to win at 4.2

On 14/09/2018 at 4:16 PM, Tiffy said:

Brighton DC & U3 goals is 2.5 on B365

4 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Southampton vs Brighton

3 hours ago, neilovan said:

Saints v Brighton 

Brighton to win at 4.2

I was actually thinking of going for X @ 3.4 in this game, all we need now is someone to make a case for BTTS and Over 2.5 and we've covered all the angles :lol

2 hours ago, Mindfulness said:

I was actually thinking of going for X @ 3.4 in this game, all we need now is someone to make a case for BTTS and Over 2.5 and we've covered all the angles :lol

Yeah, I think generally Brighton are a better team than Southampton but this away record is shocking. I think Southampton will pick up enough points in games like this to survive as well. Despite all their problems they still have a solid side. Mark Hughes isn't the best manager in the world but he knows how to set a team up to get a win in a match like this. Watch them draw now... I still haven't recovered from him going 4-5-1 against Russia when we went 1-0 down in the second leg of the Euro 2004 play-offs... then he brought on Rob Earnshaw and played him right wing! I'm sure he's not as mad as that now... right?

3 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, I think generally Brighton are a better team than Southampton but this away record is shocking. I think Southampton will pick up enough points in games like this to survive as well. Despite all their problems they still have a solid side. Mark Hughes isn't the best manager in the world but he knows how to set a team up to get a win in a match like this. Watch them draw now... I still haven't recovered from him going 4-5-1 against Russia when we went 1-0 down in the second leg of the Euro 2004 play-offs... then he brought on Rob Earnshaw and played him right wing! I'm sure he's not as mad as that now... right?

I'm not as anti-Hughes as some folks, although the recruitment in the latter half of his reign at Stoke was poor. Southampton actually play ok under him and have generally good metrics but poor chance conversion - they are like Palace without Zaha and this is not a good situation to be in. I expect they will struggle this season unless they have an incredible January window.

On a side note, I saw an article the other day where Southgate was saying England are missing a Gascoine-type player. I mean, talk about the biggest oversight of his career - Zaha was that player!!! He would of added another dimension to England's attacking play, especially comming off the bench when opposition teams are tired. I love Southgate, top bloke and doing good work for the national side but letting Zaha play for the Ivory Coast was an error.

Southampton V Brighton & Hove Albion

X @ 3.35 Marathonbet

I am actually gonna get involved here because I think there's a good chance the two teams could cancel each other out. Southampton should have the lion share of possession and create the majority of chances but lack a match winner in their team.

Brighton are poor on the road but have Glenn Murray up top and a strong backline. This is an away game that Brighton have a chance of not staring 0pts in the face but I don't think they're quite good enough to win this encounter as Southampton will have more of the ball and generate more shots on goal.

To have such a wide range of selections on a game probably means we all should have avoided it :lol

Edited by Mindfulness

There's Karma fro you. (Well me)

There I am having a bit of a laugh to my self whilst posting my previous post about Benteke's injury, and as soon as I press submit, Brighton concede the penalty for Saints 2nd goal. 

Dark forces at work here I think!

12 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Southampton vs Brighton

OK, so this might not technically be a derby game for either of these sides but it's kind of like the subsidiary derby game given they are less than 2 hours apart and the nearest located side to each other after their rivals. So there could be a bit of grit to this game where Southampton welcome South Coast rivals Brighton to St Mary's Stadium for an 8pm kick-off tonight.

Mark Hughes helped to guide Southampton to safety last season when it looked like they might drop down into the Championship. One draw and two defeats in their opening three games was softened by a 2-0 win away to Crystal Palace in their last league game. However, did that victory paper over the cracks of a side that many are tipping to struggle once again?

Brighton were also tipped by many to suffer second season syndrome after an encouraging debut in the Premier League last season. Chris Hughton has done a cracking job so far at the helm of the Seagulls. Heavy investment over the summer has increased expectations but the club has only picked up one win and one draw in their opening four league matches. In their defence, one of those wins came against Manchester United and their two defeats have come against high-flying Watford and Liverpool. It's early days yet!

The head-to-head record over recent years heavily favours the Saints. These two sides have faced each other in all forms of competition in the past 10 years including the Premier League, Championship, League One, and EFL Cup. It's grim reading for Brighton fans who have seen their side win just 2 of the last 16 meetings between the two sides in all competitions. Their last win at St Mary's came back on 15th November, 2009.

Throw into the mix the fact Brighton haven't won an away league game since November 2017. In fact, Brighton have only taken 11 points from a possible 63 on offer from away matches since their arrival in the Premier League. Southampton also boast a great record against fellow South Coast teams having won the last four of their games against South Coast opposition. It also doesn't bode well that Hughton himself but surely consider Southampton a bogey side having only picked up one win against them in his last 9 meetings.

Taking into consideration the odds of this match and Brighton's terrible away record I am tempted to back a narrow Southampton win here. I do think it'll be a struggle for the Saints this season but it's obvious that Hughton hasn't solved the away issues that plagued the side last season. The best they might get tonight is a draw.

What a shocking away record that is!

4 hours ago, Mindfulness said:

I'm not as anti-Hughes as some folks, although the recruitment in the latter half of his reign at Stoke was poor. Southampton actually play ok under him and have generally good metrics but poor chance conversion - they are like Palace without Zaha and this is not a good situation to be in. I expect they will struggle this season unless they have an incredible January window.

On a side note, I saw an article the other day where Southgate was saying England are missing a Gascoine-type player. I mean, talk about the biggest oversight of his career - Zaha was that player!!! He would of added another dimension to England's attacking play, especially comming off the bench when opposition teams are tired. I love Southgate, top bloke and doing good work for the national side but letting Zaha play for the Ivory Coast was an error.

Yep you are right, England haven't had anGazza type player since he gave up. I'm nit sure if Zaha is a similar type of player, he is more wide than central isn't he?

But agree that he should be playing for England, he is a superb talent.

Having been involved with youth football, I have the theory that flair is now coached out of players. It's all about control, pass, move into space. Not drop the shoulder and dribble.

Still the FA know best.

27 minutes ago, Tiffy said:

Yep you are right, England haven't had anGazza type player since he gave up. I'm nit sure if Zaha is a similar type of player, he is more wide than central isn't he?

But agree that he should be playing for England, he is a superb talent.

Having been involved with youth football, I have the theory that flair is now coached out of players. It's all about control, pass, move into space. Not drop the shoulder and dribble.

Still the FA know best.

Yeh I was making the comparison in terms of having flair, the ability to make things happen and breaking through stubborn defences. Opponents would be so concerned by them that it would create space for other England attackers aswell.

51 minutes ago, Mindfulness said:

Yeh I was making the comparison in terms of having flair, the ability to make things happen and breaking through stubborn defences. Opponents would be so concerned by them that it would create space for other England attackers aswell.

Oh yep, I get your drift now. :ok

13 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Oh yep, I get your drift now. :ok

Funnily enough, I don't think Zaha would do well for England. I can't remember who said it but one football writer in the tabloids said Zaha will only ever succeed at Crystal Palace because they are willing to build a team around him. Personally, when we had him at Cardiff he was appalling. Clearly didn't want to be with us and against Palace he basically downed tools during the game which was shocking to see but even worse because Ole Gunnar Solskjaer didn't deal with it.

I think he is best off staying at Palace and just becoming a legend there. As @Mindfulness said, he's a wide player so not many teams in the Premier League higher than Palace will make it all about him. He'd have to fit into their system and I don't think he could do it. I actually think if he had a different mentality then he could improve close to the level that Gareth Bale has. Not sure he's as mentally strong or determined as Bale though.

4 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Personally, when we had him at Cardiff he was appalling. Clearly didn't want to be with us and against Palace he basically downed tools during the game which was shocking to see but even worse because Ole Gunnar Solskjaer didn't deal with it.

@Mindfulness

maxresdefault.jpg

He's just too good for you @StevieDay1983