Announcements
*** Cheltenham Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Skittle, 2nd. glavintobuy & 3rd. Cragwood ***
** March Poker League Result : 1st muttley, 2nd andybell666, 3rd ian309 **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MABS, 2nd PercyP, 3rd Kingdom for, 4th Catijohn, 5th runadrum **
** March Naps Competition Result: 1st GARY66, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd ZIDANE123, 4th MICK33. KO Cup Winner SILVER FOX, Most Winners: ALASTAIR **

Non-League Predictions > September 1st

Monday wasn't great with just a couple of winners of the 6. It is pretty rare for a Nap to be so well beaten and it is surprising South Shields lost so heavily. Hopefully for ante-post reasons it can be a kick up the arse for them and they can improve. Anyway onto this week and I have 5 bets for Saturday.

Chesterfield v Leyton Orient (National League)

Chesterfield got off to a flying start and even went into favourites for the title after winning their first 3 games. Things have not gone well since though and they have lost their other 4 games so far this season. That has meant they are now a double figure price for the title. Their visitors on Saturday are now shorter for the title as they remain one of the 3 unbeaten sides in the division. I would certainly rather back Orient for the title from what I have seen so far and the 23/10 with Sportingbet to win this match looks too big to me. 

Dagenham & Redbridge v Salford (National League)

How on earth are Salford available at odds against to beat a poor Dagenham side is beyond me. Dagenham might be about to be taken over which is great news for the club and I imagine their will be investment made if it goes through, but that is clearly not going to help them for this game against the favourites for the title. After a shaky start they have now won 3 of their last 4 and they drew the other. As I mentioned last week they have plenty of goals in them and Dagenham have conceded 2 goals in their last 6 games. What is also strange is that the 5 games they have lost in that spell have all been 2-1 defeats.So with Salford also yet to keep a clean sheet I couldn't put anyone off backing Salford to win and BTTS as clearly the stats point to that. Salford look like they will only carry on improving and they should be about 4/6 to win this match for me and it should really be their first away win of the season.

Chippenham v Concord (National League South)

Might seem odd putting up a team who lost 5-0 last time as a bet, but based on what Concord had done previously this season that has to go down as a bit of a freak result. Both Concord and Welling were teams I put up for the title so at least they were beaten by a decent side and one I think is better than their early results suggests. Concord had only conceded twice prior to that game so they should be more than capable of bouncing back here and they look a big price at 11/4 to do so at Chippenham. Chippenham are lacking a bit of consistency although they did beat Billericay which forced Tamplin to sack the manager a week ago. Chippenham have strengthened this season so on their day they will be capable of results like that, but overall Concord are the better team and they should be under 2/1 to win this.

Woking v Billericay (National League South)

Speaking of Billericay they travel to Woking for a massive game at the top of the table. Billericay are still to confirm that Tamplin sacked the manager last week and it didn't seem to go down well with most of their fans. My feeling is it was part of his plan as he is desperate to get a big name in and so he sacked him at the first chance. To be fair to Billericay they did come from 2 down to beat St Albans on Monday even if they were helped by St Albans going down to 10 men. I still think Billericay are the best team in the league and I am not sure Woking are as good as their results suggest, but I am backing Woking here. Alan Dowson is a shrewd manager and he could well out think the current Billericay management team in the tactics department which might turn out to be enough. Woking are drifting and 9/4 (Marathon) about a team at home who are 2nd favourites for the title is just silly really especially as it could be the right time to be playing Billericay.

Darlington v Alfreton (National League North)

Alfreton are showing they could be a title contender this season and have won 4 on the bounce now. They beat another one of my ante-post tips Southport on Monday and really impressive in doing so. Darlington on the other-hand have only won once all season and look like they could pull up a bit short again this season. I think Alfreton should be heading the market for this so Marathon's 193/100 is well worth taking.

Leyton Orient 1pt @ 23/10 with Sportingbet

Salford 3pts @ 28/25 with Marathon

Concord 1pt @ 11/4 with Bet 365

Woking 1pt @ 9/4 with Marathon

Alfreton 1pt @ 193/100 with Marathon

I quite like the look of Bognor Regis Town against Kingstonian in the Isthmian Prem.

The odds for Bognor are below evens and deservedly so, but at between 4/5 and 5/6 I think there's value in there.

Bognor are unbeaten, and averaging over 2 goals per game up to now. Their 2 home games so far this season have ended 3 - 0 and 3 - 1, and Kingstonian haven't managed to score more than a goal a game since the first game of the season, which they also lost.

I don't have many markets to choose from here in Spain other than H2H markets, and I'm happy to take 4/5 with William Hill.

Some good picks today @Darran but the Salford result is a disappointment being reduced to 10 men. Think Concord best be avoided for the minute conceding 9 in two games.

The Ebbsfleet is especially disappointing given Fylde had picked up nothing on the road but it mattered not a jot. 

One team that has picked up recently is Hartlepool, 3 consecutive victories, 2 on the road beating Havant today. Harrogate continue to excel too.

Edited by Kenton Schweppes

Be interesting to see if the Salford goal was offside or not. Also sounds like a wonder save kept Rooney out in the 2nd half. Yet to win away which they will have to change if they want to win the league. Strange that concord concede 9 in two after looking so strong defensively prior to that.

In some ways he is probably better off leaving although he did bring a lot of stuff on with his antics. Wouldn't surprise me if he went back on his word as HastGill says though. I find it hard to believe that he won't put anymore money in if a buyer can't be found as I don't think he will want the club to go under.