** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Sep 1st & 2nd

eplratings.jpg

The last week of Premier League fixtures before the early international break are up this coming weekend. The odds and ratings are available above. Things are slowly starting to take shape now so we can start relying a bit more on the stats. A few of us were stung by the appealing odds last weekend with Newcastle and Burnley both sucking some of us in. Let us know what you think is going to happen in these games! :ok

On 8/27/2018 at 12:11 PM, Akso888 said:

4.50 is not such a bad odd for X on Leicester - Liverpool. I'm willing to bet on 1:1.

It's tempting. Leicester are surprising me a lot this season. I had considered them as outsiders for relegation but they're showing a brave approach to games and I like it. I still think Liverpool will have too much for them because Liverpool prefer teams coming at them. I'm not sure Leicester really know how to sit back and soak up pressure any more.

Leicester - Liverpool i fancy over 3 @2.15 Bet365 and will be my bigger bet this week, look at h2h, they average 3.4 goals per game in the last 5 matches. I do thing Leicester will be able to score here at least once so i'm expecting a 1:3 type result. Wouldn't want to give liverpool too much of a spread here and they've not been scoring lately so this setup is perfect for them imo.

Chelsea - Bournemouth

Home team severely over priced here imo.  Good choice is Bournemouth +1,5 @2 Bet365 or even Bts&Over 2.5 at 1.95 Bet365. Chelsea has been performing well lately with nice attacking footie like Sarri likes however last match vs Bournemouth was 0:3 for the away team. Bournemouth hasn't been performing badly at all, in fact one draw and two wins, granted it's weaker teams than Chelsea, but still +1,5 is really nice bet on them.

Everton - Huddersfield

Home team has been conceding a lot of goals, every match until now. So why not bet a juicy over 2.5 priced at evens right now, Hudders have started pretty poorly however their set piece/corner action is decent enough and given Eve's defenses it's a perfect match to try and get 3 points. I somehow doubt of the upset in this so home team for me but 2:1 type result.

Brighton - Fulham

Again i'll be looking at totals. Most likely home team has this simply because of the home team advantage but i wouldn't rule out Fulham. Really nice match played against Burnley and they showed that they can score too. So over 2,5 for me here and my last bet for saturday.

Watford - Tottenham

Only match out of the 3 i'll consider betting. Man U is simply too umpredictable (played really well vs Spurs but couldn't close even with plenty of chances) and Arsenal is in the same boat. They're trying attacking style footie but so far it's meeh. Not for me. This match however Watford started this season with 3 W's so they won't be such an easy oppponent. Could also be the upset of the week. I'm thinking O2.5&BTS priced at 2.20 Bet365 is a good match. Tottenham will score, question is who the winner will be so goals safer option for me.

That's it, as always BOL

Leicester vs Liverpool

The first Premier League game up this weekend is the 12:30pm kick-off at Saturday lunch-time between Leicester and Liverpool at the King Power Stadium. It's fair to say both sides are meeting expectations so far but will there be a shock in this early kick-off?

Leicester were a tip of mine to struggle this season but so far they have averted such troubles. Claude Puel might have lost crown jewel Riyad Mahrez in the summer transfer window but keeping hold of Harry Maguire was a more important objective and Mahrez's departure has seemingly had little impact on the team's creativity.

Liverpool have been tipped by many to be the main challengers to Manchester City's crown this season. The Reds currently sit on top of the Premier League table with 9 points from their first 3 league games. That run of wins has seen Jurgen Klopp's side score 7 goals and not concede once.

I'm reluctant to back a correct score because I think if Leicester stick to their game plan then it could go a similar way to Liverpool's trip to Selhurst Park the other week with the visitors scraping a narrow win. However, if Liverpool break the Foxes early then it could be plain sailing.

My favoured tip for this has to back what @newjack says about goals being scored. I'm not going to be quite as risky and will back over 2.5 but I also think it's worth backing Salah to score anytime. It's clear he's not a one season wonder and having already gotten off the mark I think he'll get on the scoresheet this week.

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.70 with BetVictor

Anytime Scorer: Mo Salah @ 1.88 with 888Sport

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @newjack, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, and @AndreBR, what bets are you lads all backing for this weekend's fixtures?

i'm not too sure about liverpool conceding. they played 3 league games and kept clean sheets. liverpool are better defensively and i are playing smarter this season. i'm pretty sure they will keep it tight. the only way i see this match being over is is liverpool go a goal behind and have to chase the game but i don't see it though. 

two upsets i see this weekend is huddersfield to beat everton probably and cardiff to beat arsenal. everton are far too open at the back and arsenal likewise have still got defensive vulnerabilities

i see 4 or 5 goals in chelsea match. bournemouth in these sort of games has got nothing to lose and always has a go so i am convinced they will score one or two but no doubt about who is going to win. chelsea dominate games but will their high defensive line and erotic pressing will cost them one or two goals at the back

west ham are huge risk to take. they simply have to win this match but can they stay solid defensively and keep wolves at bay. i am not sure but i don't want the in my accumulators.

southampton seem really clueless how to get a result. i can't fault them for trying and and making chances but they just can't put them away. that going to be their main problem. i thought they were finally going to get three points on the board against leicester last week but it showed teams can claw their way back and beat them easily. i'm on crystal palace to do the job on them.

Edited by sajtion

01/09/2018 Chelsea v Bournemouth - Chelsea to win @ 1.3
01/09/2018 Everton v Huddersfield - Everton to win @ 1.57
01/09/2018 Man City v Newcastle - Man City to win @ 1.13
02/09/2018 Cardiff v Arsenal - Cardiff to win @ 6.5
02/09/2018 Burnley v Man Utd - Man Utd to win @ 1.67
02/09/2018 Watford v Tottenham - Tottenham to win @ 1.73

I probably only need to explain one of these ..... Man Utd to win, I know it's unprecedented!

Hahah just kidding, it's Cardiff to beat Arsenal - a massive call - so why?

Well it's early days so any match is hard to call. Arsenal are on 3 points and Cardiff 2, suggesting a close game. However Arsenal have played Chelsea and Man City so it may not be as close as first appearance suggests. So given Arsenal's potential to be crap and odds of 6.5 for them to lose it's worth a small wager for bragging rights if they do find a way to trip up.

Ok maybe the Manchester United prediction does need an explanation....It's not them, its Burnley..They are shit. Lost to Fulham, lost to Watford, Out of Europe and probably knackered. United will get the 3 points ssimply if they manage to get on the pitch without drowning in their own pity and tears.

01/09/2018 Chelsea v Bournemouth 

Best bet is OVER2.5 GOALS

01/09/2018 Everton v Huddersfield .

NO hint on this match

01/09/2018 Man City v Newcastle. Best team of Pep is facing struggling team of Benitez. Man city will thrash Newcastle with no mercy Man City to win @ 1.13

sergio Aquero to score.

02/09/2018 Cardiff v Arsenal - Unai Emery will like to register a second win this season having won his last game against Out of form Westham team. Cardiff are playing good football but facing wounded giants(Arsenal) is one of the worst encounter awaiting Cardiff. Cardiff will play and defend well in this game but in the end will loose to Arsenal.

I predict Cardiff 0-2 Arsenal FT

02/09/2018 Burnley v Man Utd. Two teams with urge to win go head to head on sunday. Sean Dysche with poor start this season is desperate to win or snatch a point. Likewise Jose Mourinho having lost 2 consecutive games is also desperate to win or get a point. I for see a draw or a game without goals since both managers will play safe to avoid defeat.

best bet is UNDER2.5 

02/09/2018 Watford v Tottenham - Tottenham Tough game to predict between two inform teams without losses in 3 games 

best bet is BTTS

Wahaaaaaay I really look forward to this now :)

LEICESTER 1 LIVERPOOL 3

Liverpool off to a flyer and I expect they will run the title very close this season, I think just the way they attack will be to much for Leicester who I admire a lot, Was massively wrong against Brighton with my prediction but don't think i'll be far out with this FIRST GOALSCORER:ROBERTO FIRMINO 11/2

BRIGHTON 1 FULHAM 0

Think this will be a close one between these two, Fulham are not a bad little side but I think the premier league season will catch up with them late on, Brighton are decent under Hughton and are becoming quite hard to beat, I think they'll sneak this one FIRST GOALSCORER: GLENN MURRAY 11/2

CHELSEA 2 BOURNEMOUTH 0

I may be wrong but Bournemouth tend to have decent games at the bridge, however I expect their unbeaten start to come to an end against a up beat Chelsea who will be too strong at home FIRST GOALSCORER: DAVID LUIZ 28/1 (GOTTA THROW A WILD ONE IN)

PALACE 2 SOUTHAMPTON 0

Again Southampton look very poor and must be amongst the favourites for their premier league tenure to end this year. Palace will have way to much for them with their pace and counter attacking style, think this will be a comfortable home win FIRST GOALSCORER: ANDROS TOWNSEND 14/1

EVERTON 3 HUDDERSFIELD 1

Poor Huddersfield off to a stutter and it will not get better here, Everton have a good manager and I like the way he gets his sides to play, They look a sneaky for the top six FIRST GOALSCORER: GYLFI SIGURDSSON 15/2

WEST HAM 1 WOLVES 2

I know Wolves are currently winless as are the hammers, but Wolves have put in some decent performances in the opening games, West Ham have not looked at all at home since their move to the London Stadium, and are wobbling already this season, I think with an early strike Wolves will have the crowd against the home side pretty sharpish FIRST GOALSCORER: HELDER COSTA 10/1

MAN CITY 3 NEWCASTLE 0

Newcastle were rightly slaughtered for their approach to the home game against Chelsea, and this game will have them wondering what to do, attack and they may get hammered sit back and they'll still get beat, City will have way to much and I think 3-0 is a quality call FIRST GOALSCORER: RAHEEM STERLING 17/4

SUNDAY MATCHES

CARDIFF 1 ARSENAL 2

Cardiff another team finding the premier league a huge jump up, Arsenal have had a tough start but having got their first win I expect them to seal another away to the bluebirds, think i'm being generous by giving Cardiff a goal :( FIRST GOALSCORER: HENRIKH MKHITARYAN 8/1

BURNLEY 1 MANCHESTER UNITED 1

Manchester United are like a baby who won't wear nappies, cannot keep a clean sheet :) . Burnley are struggling already with the Europa league affect, however they tend to do ok against United at home, I think they'll go 1 up in this but fail to hang on FIRST GOALSCORER:SAM VOKES 10/1

WATFORD 1 SPURS 3

Both played 3 and won 3, excellent start for Watford but that will end at home to Spurs who will be buoyed by their performance at Old Trafford eventually running out comfortable winners, I see this game pretty much going the same way as that one FIRST GOALSCORER:KIERAN TRIPPIER 29/1

PHEW THAT WAS LONG WINDED. ENJOY YA WEEKEND PEOPLE 

Edited by Roy The Boy

Cardiff vs Arsenal

This coming Sunday is what being in the Premier League is all about for us Cardiff fans. Welcoming big guns like Arsenal to the Cardiff City Stadium for a 1:30pm kick-off with absolutely no expectation on us to do anything except roll over and get battered. That's exactly how we like it.

Cardiff haven't exactly had a thrilling start to the season. It's a feeling of mixed emotions so far. The opening day 2-0 loss to Bournemouth was disappointing but the draws to both Newcastle and Huddersfield were satisfactory with a tinge of frustration that we couldn't score past 10 men on either occasion.

I went to the EFL Cup game against Norwich on Tuesday night and, quite frankly, we were dreadful. That being said, the only first team players involved were Bruno Ecuele Manga, Victor Camarasa, and Kenneth Zohore. The likes of Loic Damour, Bobby Reid, and Gary Madine will have wanted to use the chance to push for a start. Only Reid came away with any real credit due to his work rate. Others such as Alex Smithies, Jazz Richards, Greg Cunningham, and Kadeem Harris will have to wait after forgettable performances.

Arsenal come into this game in an obvious state of transition as the post-Arsene Wenger era continues to grow under Unai Emery. It's been a mixed bag so far for the Gunners. The opening weekend 2-0 loss to Manchester City had its huge negatives but the recent performances against Chelsea and West Ham have delivered far more positives.

There is a worrying concern here. Under our current 4-2-3-1 set-up, Arsenal might well breach our back-line. We've done remarkably well to keep two clean sheets but with their full backs pushing on it could prove too much. Bluebirds head coach Neil Warnock hinted that he was trying something new on Tuesday that he might have used in this game. Personally, I think it was a 5-3-2 formation. It failed miserably and I think that's given Warnock issues now.

I don't think we'll ever get battered by a team under Warnock. The players keep trying all game and even when things are against us we keep going. However, the lack of goals is a major concern right now. Our only hope is to sting Arsenal on set-pieces and hopefully Warnock starts with both Harry Arter and Callum Paterson in midfield because those two could really unsettle Arsenal's players. Particularly the impressive starlet Matteo Guendouzi.

Unfortunately, I think we will fall just short. I can see a narrow defeat coming. If we score our goal is unlikely to come from open play right now because the midfield isn't creative enough and with both Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Junior Hoilett likely to miss the game we are lacking in pace out wide. It's going to be a cracking atmosphere but right now I think Arsenal have the quality and experience to get the win.

Draw HT/ Arsenal FT @ 4.60 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.75 with Betfair

Crystal Palace v Southampton

Crystal Palace: James Tomkins (2/0 d), Pape Souaré (1/0 d)(both doubtful), Connor Wickham (0/0 f), Scott Dann (0/0 d)

Southampton: Danny Ings (3/1 f, doubtful)

Everton FC v Huddersfield

Everton FC: Bernard (1/0 m, probably out), Idrissa Gana Gueye (3/0 m), Phil Jagielka (1/0 d, captain), Richarlison de Andrade (3/3 f, top scorer, suspended), Michael Keane (3/1 d), Yerry Mina (0/0 d), Andre Gomes (0/0 m), James McCarthy (0/0 m), Beni Baningime (0/0 m)

Huddersfield: Jonathan Hogg (2/0 m, suspended), Ramadan Sobhi (1/0 m), Ben Hamer (3/0 first goalkeeper)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Everton has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Premier League.
Liverpool won their last 5 games in Premier League.
Southampton scored in last 3 games in Premier League.
Manchester City scored in last 5 games in Premier League.
West Ham United has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 100 Football Betting Streaks for 01.09.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-01-09-2018-11102

My predictions
01/09/2018
(1) Leicester vs Liverpool 1-2
(2) Brighton vs Fulham 1-2
(3)Chelsea vs Bournemouth 3-1
(4) Crystal palace vs Southampton 1-0
(5) Everton vs Huddersfield 2-0
(6) West Ham vs Wolves 0-1
(7) Manchester city vs Newcastle 4-0

02/09/2018
(1) Cardiff vs Arsenal 0-2
(2) Burnley vs Manchester united 1-2
(3) Watford vs Tottenham 2-2

Burnley vs Manchester United

One game that a fair few punters are tipping as an upset this weekend is the 4pm kick-off tomorrow afternoon at Turf Moor between Burnley and Manchester United. The vultures are circling around Red Devils manager Jose Mourinho if you believe the tabloids but is he just doing his classic game with the media of diverting the negativity away from his players?

Burnley have had a really poor start to the season and Sean Dyche will be keen to turn things around immediately. His approach to the Europa League has been admirable but it could prove more damaging than he could have expected. The Clarets are in 19th place in the Premier League with just 1 point from their first 3 league games. They have also been knocked out of the Europa League by Greek side Olympiakos before the group stage.

Manchester United's ominous start to the season has been well-documented. The club is wallowing in 14th place with two disappointing defeats already denting their campaign. Mourinho has been criticised for his behaviour in press conferences but the club is set to compete in the Champions League and the opening 30 minutes against Tottenham appeared to show a new side to United's play that offered hope for the season. Is criticism of Mourinho unjust?

I'm going to resist jumping on the Burnley bandwagon here. United might be having their problems but Burnley are also enduring a rough ride. Exiting the Europa League could be a saving grace. Dyche clearly had one eye on this game with the back-up side he sent out on Thursday night. So they won't be flagging. I just can't say I'm convinced they'll have enough to beat United. That doesn't mean I think United will necessarily win! I'm not expecting a classic so have to back a lack of goals and action.

Total Goals Under 2.5 @ 1.78 with BetVictor

Total Corners Under 10.5 @ 1.75 with Sportingbet

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Arsenal scored in last 3 away games in Premier League.
Tottenham has over 2.5 goals in their last 7 games in Premier League.
Watford scored in last 15 home games in Premier League.
Tottenham has over 2.5 goals in their last 5 away games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 94 Football Betting Streaks for 02.09.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-02-09-2018-11113

On 01/09/2018 at 11:24 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

@Tiffy, how are you feeling after your draw with Fulham today? Missed the penalty but also came back from 2-0 down when it could have all got away from you. Happy, disappointed, or bittersweet? As you said before, Murray bailing you out again and he won't be able to do it every time.

Apologies for the late reply @StevieDay1983. I have started to reply twice, but had to give up halfway through.

I moved house last week, and have just been too busy to do anything on here.

Anyway, onto the game which I had to miss due to being too busy at work. I felt Fulham would score, and we wouldn't lose. So it ended up pretty much as expected. The difference was that although Brighton played some great attacking football, it was Fulham who took their chances. Brighton did enough to win, as usual, but I am happy enough with a draw. We showed good character to come back from 2-0 down

Yes we are still relying on the old warhorse, Glenn Murray. The good news is that Andone should be fit and ready soon, so hopefully he can prove to be half as good.

I now live in Devon, and was due to want the Exeter V Notts Co game, but had to work due to being short staffed! Missed a cracker there didn't I!