** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday Aug 27th

325 Ripon

Militia 9/2 PP

Tough racing at the minute and with the ground about to turn keep the stakes sensible.
I give the Fahey trained Militia a chance here after a disappointment at Goodwood last time. Decent form prior to that including here in May so looks sure to be involved. 9/2 looks a very fair price, 5/2 in some places i noticed??

4:55 Chepstow - Secret Glance - 1pt win 9/1 Bet365

Money coming for this one from general 16/1 chance last night and no surprise with the rain that’s come at Chepstow last few days. Won by a wide margin over track and trip in 2016 for different trainer beating some decent horses that day. Since with Wintle it’s been supported in the market twice (tipped by Hugh Taylor last time out) but ran poorly both times. Mark sliding as a result. Hopefully can run to decent level today back from another break. 

3:00 Southwell - Poyle George Two - 1pt win 12/1 Betway

Related to two fibresand winners, one who runs later on today (Poyle Vinnie). Hopefully can show it’s true colours second time out after it was out with the washing on debut on soft ground at Windsor. 

3 hours ago, black rabbit said:

Dolphin Vista  1/4 pt win  25/1 betfair    4 15 epsom 

That's a big punt compared to the others on the racecard - Big enough to say I've although joined you on that since the market warmed to Dolphin early doors, good luck! (My First post too!) 

Edited by Oxtrader
Expanded my text!

7 minutes ago, godofhorses said:

2.35 Chepstow Trotter 4/1 ew 1:4 first 2

not much between the top 3 and with the going soft I think it’s in with a decent chance. Can’t see both favs beating it thus the each way.

Well I got that wrong! I broke my own rules on each way on 7 runners! Typically 3rd.

21 hours ago, BillyHills said:

325 Ripon

Militia 9/2 PP

Tough racing at the minute and with the ground about to turn keep the stakes sensible.
I give the Fahey trained Militia a chance here after a disappointment at Goodwood last time. Decent form prior to that including here in May so looks sure to be involved. 9/2 looks a very fair price, 5/2 in some places i noticed??

A tight little handicap in which I had already backed shortbankandsides each way thus morning at a decent price but with a saver on yours. I don’t like Daffy even with De Sousa on it!