** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Serie A Predictions > Aug 25th - 27th

Roma vs Atalanta

This weekend's Serie A fixtures throw up a few big games but in terms of value I'm going to avoid them and focus my attention on the Monday night kick-off at 7:30pm between Roma and Atalanta. Both teams won their opening games so something has to give here.

Roma will be looking to build on their 3rd place finish last season under Eusebio di Francesco. The club spent close to €100 million over the summer to improve their squad with new additions including Justin Kluivert from Ajax, Javier Pastore from PSG, and Steven N'Zonzi from Sevilla. The departures of Alisson to Liverpool, Radja Naingollan to Inter Milan, and Lukasz Skorupski to Bologna were big but overall the squad is arguably stronger this season.

Atalanta are enjoying a decent period in their history with the club once again qualifying for the Europa League after finishing 7th last season. The club has navigated their way past Bosnian side Sarajevo, Israeli club Hapoel Haifa, and now face FC Copenhagen over two legs in the Play-Off stage to reach the group phase of the competition.

Gian Piero Gasperini's side battered Frosinone 4-0 on the opening day. Little business has been done over the summer as the manager has simply looked to tweak what he has with the €14 million loan signing of Duvan Zapata from Sampdoria a particular highlight signing. Chelsea fans will also be keen to see how Mario Pasalic performs on loan.

Both of these teams will be competing to qualify for European competition next season. Any questions over Roma's defensive organisation being affected by Alisson's sale to Liverpool were quickly dispelled in their last game. The character showed to score late on against Torino is evidence that this squad still maintains a strong mentality that took them so far last season.

My feeling is that Roma should win this. My gut is saying to back a one goal win but I think after the lucky escape of last week they will produce a more convincing display here. Atalanta's performance last week tells us little given the weakness of their opposition. It's clear they're still an effective unit but coming to the Stadio Olimpico will be a culture shock compared to the Stadio Benito Stirpe last week.

Roma To Win To Nil @ 3.10 with BetVictor

Roma HT/FT @ 2.90 with BetVictor

@Pep004, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @the bastardian, @chris666, @thegeneral55, @Mindfulness, @stephen m, @teddybear3011, @jazzman02, @Bayern, @Xcout, @Valkovets, and @scommetix, what bets are you guys placing on this weekend's games in Serie A? Are my tips too outrageous?

SSC Napoli v AC Milan

SSC Napoli: Meret (0/0 g), Ghoulam (0/0 d), Ruiz (0/0 m), Younes (0/0 f)

AC Milan (last season): Çalhanoğlu (m, newcomer, suspended), Strinic (d, newcomer), Conti (2/0 d), Zapata (12/0 d), Montolivo (18/1 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Serie A

Lazio lost their last 3 games in Serie A.
Juventus scored in last 5 games in Serie A.
Milan has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 away games in Serie A.
Napoli has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 games in Serie A.
Napoli won their last 3 home games in Serie A.

You can find interesting 101 Football Betting Streaks for 25.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-25-08-2018-10982

Lazio has been looking at the Premier so Juventus can get an easy win with many goals
SSC NAPOLI vs AC MILAN @@ Both team to score, odds 1.80

I look forward to seeing Milan start the season, because we still have no specimens, I expect aggressive games from both teams and both teams will score
JUVENTUS TURIN vs SS LAZIO ROMA @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.60

Inter allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 4 games in Serie A.
Fiorentina has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games in Serie A.
Udinese has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Serie A.
Sampdoria has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Serie A.
Torino has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 away games in Serie A.

You can find interesting 95 Football Betting Streaks for 26.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-26-08-2018-11008

Roma scored in last 3 home games in Serie A.
Atalanta allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 6 games in Serie A.
Roma scored in last 7 games in Serie A.

You can find interesting 50 Football Betting Streaks for 27.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-27-08-2018-11011

@StevieDay1983

Don't really know what to make of Roma V Atalanta, it's an interesting one. Gasperini says Atalanta won't get distracted by the Europa League 2nd leg game but let's see what his starting eleven for Roma will be. Atalanta won this fixture last season, some maybe tempted to take away side on +1 AH line but I will avoid due to murk factor.

I'm just trying to watch a few games at the moment and see what I can learn. GL with your selections for this round, you had a nice odds against winner with Napoli last week.

11 hours ago, Mindfulness said:

@StevieDay1983

Don't really know what to make of Roma V Atalanta, it's an interesting one. Gasperini says Atalanta won't get distracted by the Europa League 2nd leg game but let's see what his starting eleven for Roma will be. Atalanta won this fixture last season, some maybe tempted to take away side on +1 AH line but I will avoid due to murk factor.

I'm just trying to watch a few games at the moment and see what I can learn. GL with your selections for this round, you had a nice odds against winner with Napoli last week.

Cheers @Mindfulness! Yeah, it's a minefield at the moment for Europa League teams. Burnley being a perfect case in point. Dropping points all over the shop. It looks like they might well still crash out of the competition too. A rare example of naivety from Sean Dyche that Gasperini might not fall for? I think Gasperini will go full strength but even then where are their heads at? Roma is a tough game at the best of times but sandwiched between two big European games?

8 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Cheers @Mindfulness! Yeah, it's a minefield at the moment for Europa League teams. Burnley being a perfect case in point. Dropping points all over the shop. It looks like they might well still crash out of the competition too. A rare example of naivety from Sean Dyche that Gasperini might not fall for? I think Gasperini will go full strength but even then where are their heads at? Roma is a tough game at the best of times but sandwiched between two big European games?

Gasperini's put out the reserves tonight.

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Absolute scenes at the Stadio Olimpico. Roma 3-1 down but pulling it back to 3-3 against a weakened Atalanta side. Who could have seen that coming?!

Not me, it was a bit of a crazy one mate. I managed to watch most of it, learnt a few things about both sides and hopefully we can capitalise on that in the comming rounds.