Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** August Competition Winners: Well done to Bymatrix (NAPS), Daisychain (KO Cup), YSM (York Festival), Saddlesore (Doncaster Festival) & Like2Fish (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
StevieDay1983

Play-Off Round Predictions > Aug 23rd

europaleagueratings1.jpg

europaleagueratings2.jpg

The Play-Off Round for the Europa League is scheduled for this week with the first legs coming up. It's been an eye-opening competition so far. Celtic enter the competition after their failure in the Champions League. Rangers and Burnley also offer home nations interest. Check out the odds and ratings then give us your tips to back this week! :ok

For the Partizan - Besiktas game....Partizan starts playing better with new coach Mirkovic but stil dont think they can eliminate Besiktaas. They have mix of youngsters (Markovic,Zdjelar,Kosovic,Pantic,Djerlek) and few very old players like Ilic,Smiljanic,Stojkovic,Tosic and Vulicevic. Their offence look ok and they can score but also defense look poor IMO.

On the other hand Besiktas play in stronger league and they do have better players. Defense with Vida,Pepe and Adriano,these are players with experience in european games and offense with Babel,Lens,Vagner Love and Quaresma (player that I dont know how Partizan full backs will stop)

Not sure what will be in first game in Belgrade,maybe draw , but Besiktas to qualify I think their chances are 80%

Suduva Marijampole vs Celtic

The first match I am previewing for the Europa League Play-Off Round is Celtic's first foray into this competition this season. The Hoops travel to Lithuania to play Suduva Marijampole in a 6pm kick-off at the ARVI Football Arena in Marijampole. As expected, Celtic are the heavy favourites.

Suduvua Marijampole are one of the lesser-known teams left in this competition. Vladimir Cheburin's side are exceeding expectations as they stand just two matches away from the Europa League group stages. Not bad for a side that finished as champions of the A Lyga last season after decades of dominance by the likes of Zalgiris Vilnius, Ekranas Panevezys, and FBK Kaunas.

In their previous European action so far this season, Suduva have defeated Cypriot side APOEL 3-2 on aggregate in the Champions League 1st Qualifying Round before losing 5-0 on aggregate to Red Star Belgrade in the 2nd Qualifying Round. This saw them enter the Europa League at the 3rd Qualifying Round stage where they battled to a 1-0 aggregate victory over Latvian champions Spartaks Jurmala.

Brendan Rodgers saw his team knock Partick Thistle out of the Scottish League Cup with a 3-1 win over the weekend. It was some respite from recent problems. Their European journey has been covered in-depth on here. Disappointment still reigns after their shock 3-2 defeat on aggregate to Greek side AEK Athens.

This will be a game Rodgers will fully expect his team to win. It's always said that the first step to defeat is under-estimating your opposition. However, when you look at the opposition Suduva Marijampole have faced there's nothing there to say Celtic shouldn't ease through. I can see a hard-working tight win out in Lithuania followed by a more dominant display at home.

Celtic to Win @ 1.40 with BetStars

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.81 with MarathonBet

@delfino, @KikoCy, @giraldi, @Icongene, @dogmeister, @rangers234, @Pipoca, @Notorious, @ElPrincipito007, @KingSoccertips, @vasilli07, @betcatalog, @immortal--, @DW_United, @discipline, @WinningAdvice, @arvee, @silverfox, @FrenchEskimo, @liamcorrigan86, @ElPrincipito007, @Neubs, @TOTTI3, @Simeon Borisof, @Charon84, @Magic0024, @Xcout, @arsenalfh, @BJO, @footballeye, @gamblerxxx, @Xcout, @allyhibs, @cluelessG, @jazzman02 , @DrO, @chris50, @mtom, @canaries91, @slipkid, @Dzontra85@Marek76, and @CloughandTaylor, what bets are you guys placing this round?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Europa League

Ludogorets has under 2.5 goals in their last 9 games in all competitions.
Sevilla scored in last 7 games in all competitions.
Midtjylland scored in last 9 games in all competitions.
Copenhagen scored in last 12 games in all competitions.
Rangers allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 9 games in all competitions.

You can find interesting 69 Football Betting Streaks for 23.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-23-08-2018-10962

KAA Gent v Girondins Bordeaux

KAA Gent: Smith (0/0 m), Neto (0/0 m), Kvilitaia (0/0 f), Kubo (2/0 f, left the club)

Girondins Bordeaux: Gajić (1/0 d), Bašić (1/0 m, cup-tied), Sabaly (0/0 d), Pellenard (0/0 d), Mendy (0/0 f)

Sigma Olomouc v Sevilla FC

Sigma Olomouc: Pilař (3/0 m, probably out)

Sevilla FC: Mercado (1/0 d), Kjær (1/0 d), Mudo Vázquez (1/1 m)(all rested), Fernández (0/0 f), Daniel Carriço (0/0 d), Pareja (5/0 d)

AS Trencin v AEK Larnaka

AS Trencin: Peter Kleščík (0/0 d, captain, doubtful)

AEK Larnaka (last season): Marios Antoniades (24/0 d, doubtful), Thomas Ioannou (0/0 d), Vincent Laban (28/0 m), David Català (30/3 d, captain), Vladimir Boljević (3/0 m)

Atalanta Bergamo v FC København

Atalanta Bergamo: Palomino (0/0 d), Tumminello (0/0 f), Iličić (0/0 m, last season top scorer)

FC København: Falk (6/1 m), Wind (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Attention is needed from Olympiacos if he wants to take the lead in qualifying, he must not underestimate Burnley and is required to take advantage of Karaiskakis. Still Olympiakos is not in full form and Burnley can score
OLYMPIACOS PIRAEUS vs BURNLEY FC @@ Both team to score, odds 2.30

One of the most commercial couples of the night is Atalanta - Copenhagen, with Bergamo 's "wretch" taking the lead in winning. Aggressively it has put enough goals in the start of the Europa League and Europe, since it has a fast pace in its games. However, Copenhagen is undoubtedly inexperienced and its experience can be scored in Italy.
ATALANTA BERGAMASCA CALCIO vs FC COPENHAGEN @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.80

13 hours ago, Magic0024 said:

Midtjylland scored in last 9 games in all competitions.

Rangers allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 9 games in all competitions

but neither are true, Midjitland just 3 weeks ago failed to score against Astana at home.rangers conceded 4 goals in their last 9 games ,how could you say allow opponents over 1.5?

Olympiakos vs Burnley

My second preview for this week's Europa League matches is a bit of a long shot but I really fancy the chances of it coming in. It comes in the Olympiakos versus Burnley match in a 7pm kick-off tonight at the Karaiskakis Stadium in Piraeus. The visitors are firm underdogs but I actually think they could be worth backing.

Olympiakos finished 3rd in the Greek Super League last season. They made light work of Swiss side Luzern in the 3rd Qualifying Round with a 7-1 aggregate win. However, that's hardly a solid base to judge them on with their opposition in that tie falling severely short of the capabilities of this Burnley side.

Burnley have been as professional as you'd expect under Sean Dyche. A 4-2 aggregate win after extra-time in a Battle of Britain against a resilient Aberdeen showed their mettle in the 2nd Qualifying Round. Their 1-0 aggregate win after extra-time against a tricky Istanbul Basaksehir once again showed they know how to get the job done. It was a marvellous defensive display over two legs.

I'm a huge fan of Dyche and I love how he gets this Burnley side competing. Tonight is going to be a very tough game. It's no surprise that the Greek side are heavy favourites. I can't see the Clarets being turned over easily here. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Olympiakos maybe under-estimate their opponents here. Backing Burnley with an Asian Handicap seems like a sensible choice. Backing a low-scoring game also make sense. Anyone brave enough to back Burnley for the win?

Burnley AH +1 @ 1.62 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.55 with MarathonBet

What do you think about Trencin - Aek Larnaca game?

I' ve watched Aek few times they are very good team with spanish coach and 6 spanish player in first 11.There are also players from Brazil and France and top scorer Tricovski who scored 6 goals in last 4 games. They eliminate Dundalk 6:0 gd and Sturm Gratz 7:0.Their last game was thirsday so they have 7 days of rest.

On the other side is Trencin, team who eliminated Feyenord,Gornik and Buducnost.I still dont know how they manage to beat dutch team 4-0 at home,and in Holland if Feyenord were more lucky zhey could score 3,4 goals.Most players are from Slovakia and in their league they concede 10 goals in first 4 rounds.They also play match at sunday. Btw Trencin play home matches at different stadium.

I dont know if Aek will win tonight in Slovakia but I found Aek to qualify @1.80 at local bookie.

Edited by Dzontra85