** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Free Horse Racing Analysis Tool

I have created an online tool that analyses favourites in horse racing data from the past five and a half years. 

It's available for anyone to use free of charge with no restrictions or log-ins needed.

Using a set of filters you can see how systems work over the course of a period.  I've found some decent systems, this one is my favourite:

http://rdata.uk/q.php?k=49N2QO3DJP4WG8KKWSK4CK8GO

Feel free to play around with it and save any parameter sets you think are noteworthy.  You can load up parameter sets other people have created by using the orange 'load' button near the top of the page.

I update the results data every few days so it's never more than four or five days out of date.

Hi Zico, the only problem I've noticed with that suggested system is the number of eligible selections has plummeted in the last year or so, as you can see in the summary.  I've found a few others of interest too, they're saved.

I have to get on top of adding the racecards again as without them the system won't pick out the eligible races for today, we only find out after the event when I've updated the results.  All my time has been taken up with the football side of things but the majority of that is completed now and I might be able to start adding them again soon.

I'm wondering if this is the cause of the big decline in maiden races since 2017:

https://www.britishhorseracing.com/press_releases/bha-to-trial-new-approach-to-flat-novice-and-maiden-race-programme-for-two-year-olds/

That's a shame if it is because I can no longer identify the real maiden races in the set I'm watching that has performed so well over the past few years.

Can anyone shed any light on that please?

8 hours ago, keef75 said:

I'm wondering if this is the cause of the big decline in maiden races since 2017:

https://www.britishhorseracing.com/press_releases/bha-to-trial-new-approach-to-flat-novice-and-maiden-race-programme-for-two-year-olds/

That's a shame if it is because I can no longer identify the real maiden races in the set I'm watching that has performed so well over the past few years.

Can anyone shed any light on that please?

They are basically the same sort of races except they now allow previous winners to run in them with a penalty. (And call them Novices instead of Maidens)

Before this change any winners were forced to run in better races especially for them and this led to many 2yo's just waiting for nursery handicaps to begin later in the season. They wont go back to the old way now.

Its just like Novice Hurdles whereby previous winners carry 7lb penalties. Its been like that forever.