** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Aug 21st & 22nd

i know this is the wrong place but i'm getting on Ipswich at 3/1 to win at sheff wed as I think it will shorten after we have lost to milwall :).

The club is in a state and there are rumours that forestieri is off.

Onwards and downwards-anyway I shouldn't be too upset the chairman thinks we will go up.

21 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

i know this is the wrong place but i'm getting on Ipswich at 3/1 to win at sheff wed as I think it will shorten after we have lost to milwall :).

Onwards and downwards-anyway I shouldn't be too upset the chairman thinks we will go up.

As much as I like FL, and want him to do well, I do think he is out of his depth at Derby. Harry Redknapp was on Talk Sport yesterday , saying how he phoned Mel Morris and persuaded him Frank was the right man for the job, even though MM wanted someone experienced.  He then went on to say, how Derby need someone experienced on board to help with the transfers. Seemed to me like he was trying to talk himself into a job there.

The Championship is a tough division of football, and I just don't think Frank has the experience to cope with it. He reminds me of when Gus was managing Brighton in that division, trying to play out from the back, play posession based football and getting bullied by stronger more experienced teams. You won't get promoted playing that way.

Gone before Christmas is what I reckon,. As a fan, what do you think?

I have to say, that I came up to Pride Park when Brighton played the 2nd leg of the play off semi final. We were well and truly thrashed by the best display of football I had seen all season. Derby had a great crowd, brilliant fans, and played some amazing football that day. I thought you'd walk the final & deserved to go up. I can't believe that Brighton have made it since, and you haven't!

Best of luck this season, I'll be keeping an interested eye on you:hope

23 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

Don't worry, I'll get the weekend odds posted up tomorrow. Wanted to give this thread the chance to breathe before getting those up. Now you guys have posted a couple of times it's all good. I take it the transfer embargo being lifted hasn't also lifted spirits then? :lol

1 hour ago, Tiffy said:

As much as I like FL, and want him to do well, I do think he is out of his depth at Derby. Harry Redknapp was on Talk Sport yesterday , saying how he phoned Mel Morris and persuaded him Frank was the right man for the job, even though MM wanted someone experienced.  He then went on to say, how Derby need someone experienced on board to help with the transfers. Seemed to me like he was trying to talk himself into a job there.

The Championship is a tough division of football, and I just don't think Frank has the experience to cope with it. He reminds me of when Gus was managing Brighton in that division, trying to play out from the back, play posession based football and getting bullied by stronger more experienced teams. You won't get promoted playing that way.

Gone before Christmas is what I reckon,. As a fan, what do you think?

I have to say, that I came up to Pride Park when Brighton played the 2nd leg of the play off semi final. We were well and truly thrashed by the best display of football I had seen all season. Derby had a great crowd, brilliant fans, and played some amazing football that day. I thought you'd walk the final & deserved to go up. I can't believe that Brighton have made it since, and you haven't!

Best of luck this season, I'll be keeping an interested eye on you:hope

I agree, I quite like Frank. Which is partially ironic because I really struggle to like Harry Redknapp. Wouldn't surprise me if he was barking for a job at Derby. He's always got one eye on his own interests. Gives it the old nicey nice attitude but then isn't afraid to just screw someone over for his own benefit or get nasty when he needs to. That said, I think the Championship will eat Frank alive and shit him out by November.

I won't have time to get a preview done for these midweek games unfortunately with European action on but I'm still keen to hear what everyone's betting is looking like for these matches. I'll still be able to post up my thoughts tomorrow on how I think the matches will go.

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @harry_rag, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @Xcout, @Wanderer89, @four-leaf, and @the bastardian, hit us with your tips! :ok

As I said before stevie I think millwall will beat Wednesday in midweek, they are everything we are not. Apparently Bannan at one point shouted what do we do to the manager who promptly stared at the ground. He is promoting too many youth players who are not getting help from the senior pros. I wonder if the way westwood has been frozen out is affecting morale. They have tried to force him out and he is no3 keeper behind two youngsters, but wasn't even on the bench in the cup. I suspect he is not being played so as not to trigger some sort of bonus. There were rumours last season of this sort of thing going on with all our 'injured players'. We could easily lose the next two and the fans will start to turn. The blame lies with the clueless owner who listens to no-one but his advisor who is a football agent and his attitude to supporters is if you don't like it stay away. Rant over:

millwall at 6/4 is the selection

Rotherham v Hull City

Rotherham: Billy Jones (1/0 d), Michael Ihiekwe (0/0 d, illness)(both doubtful), Darren Potter (0/0 m)

Hull City: Dan Batty (2/0 m), Reece Burke (2/0 d)(both probably in), Stephen Kingsley (3/0 d), Ondrej Mazuch (0/0 d), James Weir (0/0 m)

Swansea City v Leeds United

Swansea City: Kristoffer Nordfeldt (2/0 first goalkeeper), Wilfried Bony (0/0 f)

Leeds United: Kemar Roofe (3/3 m, top scorer, doubtful), Pontus Jansson (1/0 d), Stuart Dallas (1/0 m), Adam Forshaw (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Ipswich Town scored in last 3 games in Championship.
Leeds United won their last 5 games in Championship.
Bristol City has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Championship.
Derby County has over 2.5 goals in their last 6 home games in Championship.
Leeds United scored over 1.5 goals in last 4 games in Championship.

You can find interesting 50 Football Betting Streaks for 21.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-21-08-2018-10956

Hull have been very poor so far. Rotherham have won their only home game 1-0 v Ipswich. 15/8 or 2/1 seems generous.

Swansea 2/1 home to Leeds too seems overpriced to me. Leeds have done well but this is a proper test for them. Swansea have a new team, but looked ok so far. 2/1 at home in too tempting.

Double Rotherham & Swansea to win. 

I am fancying Ipswich Town with asian handicap, As @StevieDay1983 have stated Frank Lampard does not seem fit for the job at Derby. And besides the away win at the opener, in the next two matches has been able to at least draw, despite scoring in all of them. The win in EFL Cup smooth things, but the double header against Hull City (EFL CUP and Championship) might proved to much, and more because Hull City are winless to his moment. The ELO Ratings back the away win also, so that might be something.

I agree with @Stevecw that Rotherdam is looking good, and there also I would take the asian handicap, because meanwhile Hull City have not won ,they have gotten two away draws and remains unbeaten at away. Together with the ELO Rating is with Hull City, so for me the asian handicap covers in this case.

Leeds start has been superb with four wins, three in Championship and one in EFL Cup, yet Swansea at home might break that positive streak, might it win the match, that is something else.  There was a post somewhere about the performance of the relegated in the championship, therefore I would prefer to avoid this match.

Edited by Xcout

Apologies @waynecoyne, I was getting mixed up!

Sheff Weds, now there is another team that beat Albion not long ago in the play offs too!

Ill wish you good luck for the season too, but only with sorting the owner out. 

I am in favour of the German club ownership model, where fans own 50% of the club. It should be mandatory for all clubs now over here to stop them becoming toys for the rich.

56 minutes ago, Tiffy said:

I am in favour of the German club ownership model, where fans own 50% of the club. It should be mandatory for all clubs now over here to stop them becoming toys for the rich.

In general, I agree. However, seeing as 75% of Cardiff fans are absolutely clueless morons, and I'm saying that as a Cardiff fan, I'm not sure our fans owning 50% of the club would make me feel any easier! :ok

The next week will tell us a lot more about where teams are for this season. Teams playing consecutive home or away games here and there. Wins or defeats on the bounce will have a serious impact on their early season confidence.

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

In general, I agree. However, seeing as 75% of Cardiff fans are absolutely clueless morons, and I'm saying that as a Cardiff fan, I'm not sure our fans owning 50% of the club would make me feel any easier! :ok

The next week will tell us a lot more about where teams are for this season. Teams playing consecutive home or away games here and there. Wins or defeats on the bounce will have a serious impact on their early season confidence.

Haha, what only 75%! 

2 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Apologies @waynecoyne, I was getting mixed up!

Sheff Weds, now there is another team that beat Albion not long ago in the play offs too!

Ill wish you good luck for the season too, but only with sorting the owner out. 

cheers tiffy

i fear we may be relegated before he departs- i hope he has deep pockets as we will lose approx 5000 season ticket holders at the end of this season-fanbase totally pissed off and no info from club, no structure in place and one bizarre decision after another.

4 minutes ago, waynecoyne said:

cheers tiffy

i fear we may be relegated before he departs- i hope he has deep pockets as we will lose approx 5000 season ticket holders at the end of this season-fanbase totally pissed off and no info from club, no structure in place and one bizarre decision after another.

Foreign owners are ruining our clubs. The football league are spineless, as are the FA. The PL are only interested in money. FFP is a complete joke, how can Wolves get away with overspending last season?

I enjoy reading your thoughts, so keep the posts coming pal, and keep us updated with goings on up there

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Aston Villa has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Championship.
Birmingham City has under 2.5 goals in their last 5 games in Championship.
Brentford won their last 3 games in Championship.
Blackburn Rovers won their last 3 games in Championship.
Reading allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 4 games in Championship.

You can find interesting 51 Football Betting Streaks for 22.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-22-08-2018-10959

5 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Haha, what only 75%! 

You're probably right! An interesting night so far. I'm watching the Swansea versus Leeds game. Learning a lot. Helping to give me a better idea about what I'm going to punt for this weekend. QPR look a shambles. Things are looking grim for them with the financial side of things a mess as well. Can see them being a team to bet against on the road.

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

You're probably right! An interesting night so far. I'm watching the Swansea versus Leeds game. Learning a lot. Helping to give me a better idea about what I'm going to punt for this weekend. QPR look a shambles. Things are looking grim for them with the financial side of things a mess as well. Can see them being a team to bet against on the road.

Yeah, think they will sink faster than the Titanic. Tonight it was a good test to see how they would respond after Saturdays heavy defeat. They will get what they deserve. Another club with a rich owner over spending to boost his ego.

11 hours ago, Tiffy said:

Yeah, think they will sink faster than the Titanic. Tonight it was a good test to see how they would respond after Saturdays heavy defeat. They will get what they deserve. Another club with a rich owner over spending to boost his ego.

Yeah. I do feel sorry for their fans. Back in 2003 when we beat them in the play-off final, we didn't deserve to win that game. However, after the match their fans came up to us en masse and congratulated us on winning and wishing us all the best in the division above. It wasn't just one or two. Literally dozens upon dozens of them doing it. We then bumped into a load on the night out in the city centre afterwards and they were really gracious losers. I won't forget that and hope they dig themselves out of this rut.

Interesting story Stevie D.

I love going to Loftus Rd, and yes, a pretty decent bunch of fans too.  Just sad to see clubs get ruined though. Always the fans that suffer, god knows you lot have been through it too!

Looking forward to hearing what you though of last nights game between Swansea & Leeds. Perhaps you can put something in the next weekends thread?

1 hour ago, Tiffy said:

Interesting story Stevie D.

I love going to Loftus Rd, and yes, a pretty decent bunch of fans too.  Just sad to see clubs get ruined though. Always the fans that suffer, god knows you lot have been through it too!

Looking forward to hearing what you though of last nights game between Swansea & Leeds. Perhaps you can put something in the next weekends thread?

Yeah, I'll have a scan through some stats tomorrow. Both teams backed up my feelings that they'll be contenders early on. It will be interesting to see how they continue as injuries and fatigue set in. Leeds are playing at 100mph at the moment. Reminds me of us under Dave Jones. Often started well but it's a long season. Anyway, I'll transfer these thoughts to the other thread tomorrow.

P.s. you're right. You boys had a hell of a time with the whole Withdean Stadium farce. You've got it pretty sweet now though so pleased for you. Felt like teams like us, you, Reading, Wigan, and Stoke went up the divisions together at roughly the same time so always like to see how things are going behind the scenes at those clubs.

5 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, I'll have a scan through some stats tomorrow. Both teams backed up my feelings that they'll be contenders early on. It will be interesting to see how they continue as injuries and fatigue set in. Leeds are playing at 100mph at the moment. Reminds me of us under Dave Jones. Often started well but it's a long season. Anyway, I'll transfer these thoughts to the other thread tomorrow.

P.s. you're right. You boys had a hell of a time with the whole Withdean Stadium farce. You've got it pretty sweet now though so pleased for you. Felt like teams like us, you, Reading, Wigan, and Stoke went up the divisions together at roughly the same time so always like to see how things are going behind the scenes at those clubs.

Thanks Stevie D. I am moving to Devon in September, so 'be able to follow the Albion as closely from now on. Going to start watching Plymouth, Exeter & Torquay!

Although I will be back up for games, including Palace & West Ham.

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, waynecoyne said:

As I said before stevie I think millwall will beat Wednesday in midweek, they are everything we are not. Apparently Bannan at one point shouted what do we do to the manager who promptly stared at the ground. He is promoting too many youth players who are not getting help from the senior pros. I wonder if the way westwood has been frozen out is affecting morale. They have tried to force him out and he is no3 keeper behind two youngsters, but wasn't even on the bench in the cup. I suspect he is not being played so as not to trigger some sort of bonus. There were rumours last season of this sort of thing going on with all our 'injured players'. We could easily lose the next two and the fans will start to turn. The blame lies with the clueless owner who listens to no-one but his advisor who is a football agent and his attitude to supporters is if you don't like it stay away. Rant over:

millwall at 6/4 is the selection

I go this wrong.

Luhukay went away from playing 3 centre backs to 2 and stopped them playing out from the back. The keeper kicked virtually everything long. This pragmatism served the team well and a rare thing a barry bannan goal early on helped the confidence.

Millwall were generally disappointing and though they had a number of chances, lacked the quality to make the most of them.

The right back Marlon Romeo took the eye for Millwall but they look a functional team. Youngsters penney and preston both did well for Wednesday and bannan dictated play most of the time. Its too early to tell whether this was a false dawn, maybe we will know more on Saturday.