** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Free Football Analysis Tool

keef75

Following on from previous discussions about this (unfortunately all posts have been removed from the betting tools section of this forum), I'm pleased to announce that the rdata site is still up and running and I'll be keeping it updated with the latest fixtures and results so we can get some ideas of the best performing historical systems.

The site is http://rdata.uk and it is available to everyone.

It is absolutely free to use with no restrictions, log-ins etc. and I intend to keep it that way.  I update the data daily and am still adding the lower league information so that more selections can get picked up.  There's only data going back to 10th August at the moment as that's all I could get my hands on but it is an extension of the infamous 'Monster'.  

If anyone has any historical data that shows results with the league positions of the home/away teams (at the time of the match) plus prices for 1X2, BTTS and U/O2.5 I'd be very interested in seeing it.  I know there are paid-for solutions out there but the ethos of what I am doing here is all about keeping data free.

I won't be posting any unnecessary information or links here.  I'll mostly leave it up to you to visit when you want.

I added a little bit of extra functionality earlier - Eligible Matches.  Once you've set up the parameters you can click on the green button above the filter box and you will see the matches that fit the criteria chosen.  Sometimes there won't be any matches (especially at this time of year when lots of seasons are only just starting).

There is an option to save parameter (filter) sets so they can be loaded at a later date and re-tweaked if necessary.  Scroll down to the bottom of the Football Analysis page and you'll see the save box.

I noticed earlier that someone had saved a set (the ones in capitals are mine) and the one selection for today was a winner so well done whoever that was! 

20 minutes ago, keef75 said:

If anyone has any historical data that shows results with the league positions of the home/away teams (at the time of the match) plus prices for 1X2, BTTS and U/O2.5 I'd be very interested in seeing it.

I think there are websites that will give you the historical odds for the markets you mention but that won't necessarily show the league positions at the time. Just google historical odds or similar, I've just been looking at Oddsportal for example.

I'm not sure you'll find a single source so there'd be a degree of mashing together to do (finding the league positions on different dates then adding the odds).

Just now, harry_rag said:

I think there are websites that will give you the historical odds for the markets you mention but that won't necessarily show the league positions at the time. Just google historical odds or similar, I've just been looking at Oddsportal for example.

I'm not sure you'll find a single source so there'd be a degree of mashing together to do (finding the league positions on different dates then adding the odds).

Thanks, Harry.  I know that others have searched for this data too but couldn't find it anywhere.  I'm trying to make the process as automated as possible, there's still a bit of work needed each day to get the data that is available in a format that's suitable for importing into the database.

I had a look at the oddsportal site and the number of clicks that are required to get the data means it isn't going to be easy enough for me.  I downloaded a massive free spreadsheet this evening from indatabet that has matches going back years with bet365 prices for 1X2 and U/O2.5 but no double chance or BTTS.  I forgot to mention double chance in my previous post - that's quite important to have too.  So, although I'll be able to use all this data for other purposes, I won't be able to use it for the main analysis page.

For current data, I'm using PDFs converted into Excel.  They have everything I need including league positions, one match per line but I can't get historical info in the same format, only on a day-to-day basis going forwards.

I'm open to trying anything to speed up the process and add more history so please keep suggestions coming.

I've just had a thought about the big spreadsheet I downloaded... If I order it by league and date I can write a script to calculate the league positions of every team after every match day. Genius. :lol

Once I have that all I need to do is find the historical odds for double chance and BTTS in a nice format.

Hi keef75

You could try calculating your own double chance odds try the below formulas in Excel they are pretty close to what the bookie would offer

1X formula = Home Odds*Draw Odds/(Home Odds+Draw Odds)

12 formula = Home Odds*Away Odds/(Home Odds+Away Odds)

2X formula = Away Odds*Draw Odds/(Away Odds+Draw Odds)

I have used the above for a couple off seasons now and found them to be fairly accurate

also quite often you can find a few value bets where the bookie is offering higher odds 

Hope this may be off use to you

Regards

Ken

Just a quick update on the historical data... I've managed to get it all working in the development version and it's going really well.  I've written a script that takes all the matches from that huge indatabet spreadsheet and works though a league/season calculating the tables.  I've run it on 2017/18 English Premiership and Championship and everything looks good.  As a side effect I now have table standings at any day throughout the season which is a bonus.  I'll be adding a page so these can be searched in later so you can see, for example, how the Premiership looked on Christmas Day 2017.

On the down side, I've run the saved parameter sets through it all and mine come out as losers!  The one parameter set that someone else has saved (Straight Home wins 1 4) still comes out as a winner though.  Also, I'm going to have to run the script separately for each league/season as it's quite processor intensive and I need to cross check team names are consistent in each league over the course of the season, I noticed some small differences in the Premiership teams that I had to change before it all worked properly.

I'll add a couple of dozen leagues from last year and hopefully I'll be able to copy it into the live database some time tomorrow for you all to play around with.

9 minutes ago, keef75 said:

Just a quick update on the historical data... I've managed to get it all working in the development version and it's going really well.  I've written a script that takes all the matches from that huge indatabet spreadsheet and works though a league/season calculating the tables.  I've run it on 2017/18 English Premiership and Championship and everything looks good.  As a side effect I now have table standings at any day throughout the season which is a bonus.  I'll be adding a page so these can be searched in later so you can see, for example, how the Premiership looked on Christmas Day 2017.

On the down side, I've run the saved parameter sets through it all and mine come out as losers!  The one parameter set that someone else has saved (Straight Home wins 1 4) still comes out as a winner though.  Also, I'm going to have to run the script separately for each league/season as it's quite processor intensive and I need to cross check team names are consistent in each league over the course of the season, I noticed some small differences in the Premiership teams that I had to change before it all worked properly.

I'll add a couple of dozen leagues from last year and hopefully I'll be able to copy it into the live database some time tomorrow for you all to play around with.

Your latest indatabet spreadsheet has not being included in the site database yet?

Ok @Rivilearner, just for you I've copied the historical data across so you can now use it on rdata.

I've added 2017/18 season data for the following:

Austria D1 and D2
Croatia D1
Denmark D1 and D2
England Premiership. Championship, League 1 and 2 and National league
Spain D1 and D2
France D1, D2 and D3
Germany D1, D2 and D3
Hungary D1
Italy D1 and D2
Netherlands D1 and D2
Poland D1
Portugal D1 and D2
Romania D1
Russia D1
Scotland Premiership
Switzerland D1
Slovakia D1
Slovenia D1
Turkey D1
Ukraine D1

There are more to come, especially the South American leagues but these are often split into two sub-seasons with separate tables so I'll have to look into that tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, keef75 said:

Ok @Rivilearner, just for you I've copied the historical data across so you can now use it on rdata.

I've added 2017/18 season data for the following:

Austria D1 and D2
Croatia D1
Denmark D1 and D2
England Premiership. Championship, League 1 and 2 and National league
Spain D1 and D2
France D1, D2 and D3
Germany D1, D2 and D3
Hungary D1
Italy D1 and D2
Netherlands D1 and D2
Poland D1
Portugal D1 and D2
Romania D1
Russia D1
Scotland Premiership
Switzerland D1
Slovakia D1
Slovenia D1
Turkey D1
Ukraine D1

There are more to come, especially the South American leagues but these are often split into two sub-seasons with separate tables so I'll have to look into that tomorrow.

:ok

4 hours ago, keef75 said:

. . . and I need to cross check team names are consistent in each league over the course of the season, I noticed some small differences in the Premiership teams that I had to change before it all worked properly.

Team names can be a nightmare when trawling information from multiple sources. The number of variants appears to be directly proportional with the obscurity of the league.

27 minutes ago, Data said:

Team names can be a nightmare when trawling information from multiple sources. The number of variants appears to be directly proportional with the obscurity of the league.

Tell me about it!  The thought of creating a lookup table with all the aliases is a very daunting one but something I'm going to have to do at some point.  I'm seriously considering reducing the number of leagues I'm using, get rid of some of the more obscure ones and concentrate on the major ones.

Thanks, @footysystems.  If we can come to some sort of consensus as to which leagues to include I'll make sure that only they are in the database.

I'll make a start:

Austria - Tipico Bundesliga, 2.Liga
Belgium - Jupiler League, Proximus League
Brazil - Serie A, Serie B
Czech Republic - 1.Liga, Division 2
Denmark - Superliga, 1st Division 
England - Prem, Champ, League One, League Two, Northern
Finland - Veikkausliiga, Ykkonen
France - Ligue 1, 2, National
Germany - Bundesliga, 2.Bundesliga, 3.Liga
Greece - Super League, Football League 
Hungary - OTP Bank Liga
Iceland - Pepsideild, Inkasso Dieldin
Ireland - Premier, Division 1
Italy - Serie A, Serie B
Japan - J League, J2 League
Mexico - Primera, Liga de Ascenso
Netherlands - Eredivisie, Eerste Divisie
Norway - Eliteserien, OBOS Ligaen
Poland - Ekstraklasa
Portugal - Primeira, Segunda
Romania - Liga 1
Russia - Premier Leauge, FNL
Scotland - Prem, Champ, League One, League Two
Slovakia - Fortuna Liga
Slovenia - Prva Liga
Spain - LaLiga, LaLiga2
Sweden - Allsvenskan, Superettan
Switzerland - Super League, Challenge League
Turkey - Super Lig
Ukraine - Premier League
Wales - Premier League, Division 1

How does that look?

Edited by keef75
Formatting

3 hours ago, keef75 said:

Thanks, @footysystems.  If we can come to some sort of consensus as to which leagues to include I'll make sure that only they are in the database.

I'll make a start:

Austria - Tipico Bundesliga, 2.Liga
Belgium - Jupiler League, Proximus League
Brazil - Serie A, Serie B
Czech Republic - 1.Liga, Division 2
Denmark - Superliga, 1st Division 
England - Prem, Champ, League One, League Two, Northern
Finland - Veikkausliiga, Ykkonen
France - Ligue 1, 2, National
Germany - Bundesliga, 2.Bundesliga, 3.Liga
Greece - Super League, Football League 
Hungary - OTP Bank Liga
Iceland - Pepsideild, Inkasso Dieldin
Ireland - Premier, Division 1
Italy - Serie A, Serie B
Japan - J League, J2 League
Mexico - Primera, Liga de Ascenso
Netherlands - Eredivisie, Eerste Divisie
Norway - Eliteserien, OBOS Ligaen
Poland - Ekstraklasa
Portugal - Primeira, Segunda
Romania - Liga 1
Russia - Premier Leauge, FNL
Scotland - Prem, Champ, League One, League Two
Slovakia - Fortuna Liga
Slovenia - Prva Liga
Spain - LaLiga, LaLiga2
Sweden - Allsvenskan, Superettan
Switzerland - Super League, Challenge League
Turkey - Super Lig
Ukraine - Premier League
Wales - Premier League, Division 1

How does that look?

This is simply great, no need to cumber your self with lots of league, moreover how many will we follow? 

Edited by Rivilearner