** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Aug 17th - 19th

Birmingham vs Swansea

The Friday night game in the Championship this week has an interesting sub-plot with Birmingham manager Garry Monk facing up against his former club Swansea in a 7:45pm kick-off at St Andrew's. Things could be better for both sides be it on or off the field so both teams could do with a win here.

Birmingham have looked livelier than last season but the results just haven't come in the first two league games. A 2-2 draw at home to Norwich was followed by a narrow 1-0 defeat away to Middlesbrough. Granted, it wasn't the easiest start to the season and Monk will no doubt be encouraged that his side have pushed both teams so close but 1 point from 2 games isn't ideal.

Graham Potter has navigated his side past two potentially awkward games against last season's play-off chasers Sheffield United and Preston. It's six points from their first two league games and only Middlesbrough, Leeds, and Aston Villa can boast higher league positions. Not a bad remedy for all the trash going on behind the scenes with the US owners.

This will be a fascinating game to watch. Clearly, something rotten is at the core of Swansea and sympathy must go to their fans. The US owners are showing some audacity by claiming there is limited money available for transfers due to the mismanagement of cash flow under previous regimes... even though Swansea have allegedly been one of the tightest run ships in British football over the past 10-15 years.

In terms of their starting XI line-ups then Swansea have the far superior side here. As the season goes on with injuries, illness, and suspension hitting, the Swans could struggle unless they strengthen. For now, they have enough power to come into this game as slight favourites. Potter has had an excellent start and I can see his side coming away from this game with at least a point. If you're feeling brave you might even want to back the win.

Swansea to Win @ 2.60 with Bet365

Each Team Over One Corner In Each Half @ 4.00 with William Hill

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @harry_rag, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @Xcout, @Wanderer89, @four-leaf, and @the bastardian, what do you guys think are the bets to place for this weekend's games?

36 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Birmingham vs Swansea

The Friday night game in the Championship this week has an interesting sub-plot with Birmingham manager Garry Monk facing up against his former club Swansea in a 7:45pm kick-off at St Andrew's. Things could be better for both sides be it on or off the field so both teams could do with a win here.

Birmingham have looked livelier than last season but the results just haven't come in the first two league games. A 2-2 draw at home to Norwich was followed by a narrow 1-0 defeat away to Middlesbrough. Granted, it wasn't the easiest start to the season and Monk will no doubt be encouraged that his side have pushed both teams so close but 1 point from 2 games isn't ideal.

Graham Potter has navigated his side past two potentially awkward games against last season's play-off chasers Sheffield United and Preston. It's six points from their first two league games and only Middlesbrough, Leeds, and Aston Villa can boast higher league positions. Not a bad remedy for all the trash going on behind the scenes with the US owners.

This will be a fascinating game to watch. Clearly, something rotten is at the core of Swansea and sympathy must go to their fans. The US owners are showing some audacity by claiming there is limited money available for transfers due to the mismanagement of cash flow under previous regimes... even though Swansea have allegedly been one of the tightest run ships in British football over the past 10-15 years.

In terms of their starting XI line-ups then Swansea have the far superior side here. As the season goes on with injuries, illness, and suspension hitting, the Swans could struggle unless they strengthen. For now, they have enough power to come into this game as slight favourites. Potter has had an excellent start and I can see his side coming away from this game with at least a point. If you're feeling brave you might even want to back the win.

Swansea to Win @ 2.60 with Bet365

Each Team Over One Corner In Each Half @ 4.00 with William Hill

@waynecoyne, @sajtion, @arvee, @canaries91, @Mindfulness, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @CloughandTaylor, @Tiffy, @PokerWolf1, @teddybear3011, @skyblues88, @allyhibs, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @willie82, @Neubs, @Papa Lazarou, @kulikTS, @Valkovets, @harry_rag, @Pipoca, @padman, @Marek76, @silver fox, @neilovan, @HastGill1, @jazzman02, @andypaps28, @Kenton Schweppes, @Xcout, @Wanderer89, @four-leaf, and @the bastardian, what do you guys think are the bets to place for this weekend's games?

I simply think Swansea is a great bet again just like in their last match. They nick this one to!

5 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

I simply think Swansea is a great bet again just like in their last match. They nick this one to!

Yeah, I might be a Cardiff fan but I leave the rivalry at the sign in page! :lol

I do think they need to strengthen because outside of their starting XI they start to look thin on the crowd in several positions. For the time being, they can survive with what seems like a very talented manager at the helm.

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Championship

Birmingham City has under 2.5 goals in their last 4 games in Championship.
Birmingham City lost their last 3 games in Championship.
Birmingham City didn’t score in last 3 games in Championship.
Birmingham City allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 6 home games in Championship.

You can find interesting 78 Football Betting Streaks for 17.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-17-08-2018-10905

Birmingham City v Swansea City

Birmingham City: Craig Gardner (2/0 m, suspended), David Davis (0/0 m), Isaac Vassell (0/0 f), Cheikh N'Doye (2/0 m, went on loan)

Swansea City: Kristoffer Nordfeldt (2/0 first goalkeeper), Wilfried Bony (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Ipswich Town has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Championship.
Aston Villa won their last 11 games in Championship.
Bolton has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Championship.
Reading allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 3 games in Championship.
Ipswich Town lost their last 4 games in Championship.

You can find interesting 98 Football Betting Streaks for 18.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-18-08-2018-10908

Leeds vs Rotherham

It's a Yorkshire derby this weekend in the Championship when high-flying Leeds host local rivals Rotherham in a 3pm kick-off at Elland Road tomorrow afternoon. Marcelo Bielsa's side have started very impressively so far and they will take on a Millers side that has been grieving the loss of one of its fan base's greatest characters in Barry Chuckle.

Leeds started the season with a solid 3-1 win over recently relegated Stoke and followed it up with a commanding 4-1 win away to Derby. Their attacking flair has made them catch many people's eyes and the hard-working 2-1 win over Bolton in the EFL Cup 1st Round shows they are going for it on all fronts.

Paul Warne's side have started quite well but there have been some negatives. The opening day 5-1 defeat was one to forget but the team made up for it with a positive 2-1 win at home to Ipswich. They did require a last minute winner to grab all three points there though. Further joy came in midweek with a convincing 3-1 win over fellow Championship side Wigan in the EFL Cup 1st Round.

Each year in the Championship there is a side that comes out of the traps quickly. Sometimes they stay there but sometimes they don't. I still remember, as a Cardiff fan, our start to the 2006/07 campaign in the Championship when we won 9, drew 2, and lost just 1 of our first 12 league matches but ended up finishing 13th. However, last season, Wolves won 9, drew 2, and lost 2 of their first 13 league matches and went on to win the title.

The Millers can take heart from their recent visits to Elland Road. It is only one defeat in their last five league trips to Leeds. Unfortunately, this Leeds team appears to be in a slightly better shape than the teams Rotherham have faced over recent years so this could be back-to-back defeats for Rotherham at the home of the enemy.

What course will Leeds take? It's been discussed on here briefly already. I'm in the camp that feel the intensity of Bielsa's training might work against his team as the 46 game league season wears on. Others disagree. We'll know come May. The one thing we all agree on is that right now Leeds look irresistible and any team playing them is going to fear the worst. Rotherham should be very fearful. This could be a rough game for them if Leeds play as they have done.

Leeds -1 @ 2.20 with Betfair

Leeds HT/FT @ 2.25 with BetStars

Brentford vs Sheffield Wednesday

To extent the weekend coverage of the Championship I thought I'd preview the game between Brentford and Sheffield Wednesday being played tomorrow afternoon in a 3pm kick-off at Griffin Park. The bookies are heavily fancying a home win but should we be wary of the Owls?

Dean Smith's side have had an enjoyable start to the season so far. Not really considered amongst the favourites for promotion, they have started well and chins wagging after hammering Rotherham 5-1 at home and then holding Stoke to a 1-1 draw away. In the 1st Round of the EFL Cup they also disposed of Southend at Roots Hall with a 4-2 win. The club had been very active in the summer transfer window and it seems the Bees are now reaping the rewards early doors.

Things have not been quite so optimistic for Jos Luhukay's side. A 3-2 loss to Wigan away was followed up by a 1-1 draw at home to Hull in the league. However, this week saw two pieces of good news with the Owls first winning 2-0 away to Sunderland in the EFL Cup 1st Round and then having their transfer embargo ended with immediate effect.

Despite the recent good news at Hillsborough this week I feel it's going to be tough for them to take something from this game. I think Brentford are dark horses for promotion and are serious contenders for the play-offs. I have a soft spot for them under Smith because they play some lovely football. I think with Fernando Forestieri and Joost van Aken likely to be missing for Wednesday, it's a case of just trying to smash and grab but I don't think they have enough fire power to do that.

Brentford To Win To Nil @ 2.80 with Ladbrokes

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.20 with 888Sport

Sheffield Wednesday scored in last 6 away games in Championship.
Sheffield Wednesday scored in last 11 games in Championship.
Brentford scored in last 6 home games in Championship.
Brentford scored in last 7 games in Championship.

You can find interesting 132 Football Betting Streaks for 19.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-19-08-2018-10936