** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Aug 18th - 20th

eplodds.jpg

Well, it was an enjoyable opening weekend of the Premier League. A few surprises but some expected results. The game of the week here is Chelsea versus Arsenal. Did you guys feel you learned a lot after those first round of games? Has it helped you to better anticipate what could happen this weekend? As a Cardiff fan, I actually think our odds of 2.90 are very tempting. We're a very tough side at home. Hopefully, Kenneth Zohore will be back fit and that will help the overall flow of our play because he is key to offering the outlet.

Let us know your early tips and thoughts on these games coming up. :ok

yes was good , I bet Man United -1  Avoid unlucky 

Burnley  0.75  i won but was hard stress as I felt I would lose half bet late

Man City -0.5  won too 

this second Round I feel Arsenal should lose again , this Arsenal defense very bad 

Not sure Crystal Palace should be that big at home to Liverpool.  They are well organised and tough to beat and I don't see Liverpool winning as easily as the odds suggest.  Palace +1 is on my shortlist.

Also like the look of Everton (Southampton always seem overrated by the bookies to me), Leicester (not convinced Wolves are all that good) and maybe Brighton +1 given they should play better at home and United are hard to support at short odds given the supposed discontent with the manager etc.

Let me go at this again :) think I actually got a correct score in my first weeks predictions, success :)

Cardiff V Newcastle. Newcastle were a shade unlucky against Spurs on Saturday, with Spurs quality edging them home, Cardiff at home will be tough just because it's their first home match and the crowd will be vocal, however I think Newcastle will also just have enough here and I see a sneaky 0-1 away win for the toon army.

Everton v Southampton. Home win for me, I think Everton's performance against Wolves was ok, and unfortunate in my opinion to go down to 10 men, Southamptons lack of fire power will cause Saints fans concern this season and I am going for Everton 2-0.

Leicester V Wolves. as I said last week Leicester are industrious but I may have done them an injustice their performance against United suggest Leicester could be a dark horse for the top 6. Wolves as we know have flashed the cash and do have a couple of quality players, but I feel the foxes will have more bite than the Wolves, Leicester 3 Wolves 1.

Now I will say Spurs looked a little shaky against Newcastle, but I think they will be fine at home to Fulham, Fulham who were actually quite unlucky to lose 2-0 at home to Palace as they had plenty of chances, however I think they will draw another blank here, with Spurs running out 3-0 winners.

Last of the Saturday games and what a start for the gooners, First City and now Chelsea, after a dodgy first half Arsenal showed some good signs second half before City killed it, that said I think a 2-1 Home win for Chelsea here

Burnley v Watford, if I am honest these sort of games I find hard to predict, So I am basing this just on home advantage and Burnley running out 3-2 winners 

Poor Huddersfield, a bit like the gooners Chelsea and City First two games, a 3-0 reverse at home for the Terriers, and it will not get any better for them in this, City may have a field day, and can see a 5 or 6 here. so I'll plump for 5-0

Brighton V United. I distinctly remember United toiling at Brighton last year and it will be the same, United for me lack creativity, which is madness when you have a Pogba and a Mata, so maybe it's just the managers tactics, nooooooooooo surely not Mourinho's fault. Brighton for me will be desperate to collect as many home points as they can I know I know a cliche for which I apologise. with all that I have said in this I think United will limp to a 0-1 away win.

Palace V Liverpool. Palace will be ecstatic with their 2-0 away win at Fulham, as will Liverpool with their 4-0 dispatch of the Hammers, I don't see Liverpool having this fixture all their own way, Palace offer speed and flair in Zaha but he won't be enough Liverpool to win 2-1

Edited by Roy The Boy

18 hours ago, Roy The Boy said:

Let me go at this again :) think I actually got a correct score in my first weeks predictions, success :)

Cardiff V Newcastle. Newcastle were a shade unlucky against Spurs on Saturday, with Spurs quality edging them home, Cardiff at home will be tough just because it's their first home match and the crowd will be vocal, however I think Newcastle will also just have enough here and I see a sneaky 0-1 away win for the toon army.

This is what my head is saying. If I was forced to pick a correct score then it would be 1-0 to Newcastle or 1-1 draw. I think if we can get Camarasa, Arter, and Zohore all into the starting line-up then ensure Mendez-Laing and Hoilett are more positive we could give them problems.

i don't like burnley and how they play. i think their honeymoon is over and this season will see them go down but they will frustrate teams. they will be happy to pick up draws for now but when they realize they need to start picking up wins to keep them above drop zone that's when we will see their style change to more open and attacking but for now they they don't inspire confidence as effective scoring team. 

EVERTON v SAINTS

Having watched most of the opening weekends games, two teams that will struggle are Southampton and Cardiff. Cardiff are just out of their league. All Kudos to Warnock, but they are going to get battered most match days. Southampton just look rubbish to me. I don't rate Mark Hughes and he will have them playing like Stoke pretty soon.

What is the saying "for a man who's only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" ! :eek

There is nothing going forward ... no pace, little skill, and absolutely no finesse. Is Danny Ings the answer? No way. If you had to combine the number of top players that left Saints in the last 5 seasons, you could field a pretty solid team.  At some stage this selling your best assets will catch up, and the greedy owners will spend time in the Championship.

I thought Richarlison had an amazing game for Everton. 2 goals on your debut is fantastico. I think he could be the buy of the season. That second goal was a gem, as he used the defender to obstruct the goalkeeper view. Clinical. Brilliant top goal of the week for me.

Everton were very good against the middle/bottom teams at home last season. Played 13 games, WON 10, 2 DRAW, 1 LOSS. Pretty decent numbers. OK the style of player under Allardyce was not so great but those numbers are brilliant.  To me the Everton package this year is just miles better. Where they have to improve is holding/beating the top teams at home (awful record last season). A few decent results will get the home fans up and pumped.

The home win at odds of 1.95 is a gift from the bookmakers 

BRIGHTON v MAN UNITED

I remain unconvinced that United will challenge this season. Last season the away record was decent, but also had some weird results. Brighton won this fixture last season, and Newcastle also beat Man U.

At 1.72 for the away win, is it worth a bet? Hmmmm , not sure here. One thing I see is a lack of 1st half goals away from Man United. Just 1 goal scored in 9 away games. Pretty poor, overly defensive, trying not to lose, is not the way to set up. 

Three bets that I would be looking at here are the HT draw, NO to both teams to score, and HT/FT (Draw/Man United). Brighton with 6 HT draws in their last 9 at home (league), while United cannot get the ball in the net 1st half away. I do not feel comfortable in this game, and would be betting smaller, and looking at longer odds type bets. 

Two things turn me off the Over 2.5 goals here. One, the machine learning prediction for over 2.5 goals is a little low. Two, Man United seem to down tools when going a goal or two up. There is no intensity to press for the 3rd goal. They will put it in neutral and try to hold on ...

A game to observe, and not get involved in.

CRYSTAL PALACE v LIVERPOOL

I thought Liverpool were excellent in their opener. Naby Keita had an outstanding game, and just slotted in so easily. Playing at Liverpool will be a perfect fit for him. On the flip side here, Pellegrini had his team set up just waaaay to open. You just cannot play in this manner, against top teams away, in the Premier League. 

What's amazing to me is how well Liverpool have coped without Phillipe Coutinho. It has been a case of Phillipe WHO?  They have not missed him at all. and he filled the coffers for them to make 2 or 3 great signings.

SO first game away for them, and typical Liverpool banana skin game. These are the teams that Liverpool have messed up against in the past. Palace have some bite and teeth. Zaha will be dangerous  but I think the signing of Max Meyer could be a master stroke. 22, pure quality, coming in from Schalke.

I'm looking forward to watching this game as it could be one of the best of the weekend. Can Liverpool avoid the slip up, or will Palace shock them?

I think the odds for the home win of 6-1 are decent.

Edited by neilovan

Cardiff vs Newcastle

The only game that matters this weekend in the Premier League for me is Cardiff versus Newcastle in a 12:30pm kick-off at the Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday. It's a huge opportunity for my Bluebirds side to get off the zero points mark against a side that has the potential to struggle if Rafa Benitez ups and leaves.

It wasn't the best opening day for us Cardiff fans. We knew the Bournemouth game would be tough. It's just a shame that we failed to capitalise on our early half hour of being on top and that chances from set pieces that came after that. Bournemouth deserved to win but I think our lack of impact in the final third with Hoilett and Mendez-Laing showing unusual conservatism was disappointing.

A few changes could happen this weekend. The key one is Kenneth Zohore returning from a groin injury. The Danish international striker might have only scored 9 goals last season but the way he was an outlet up front, dragged defenders wide, and brought other attacking players into play was crucial and we missed it last Saturday.

Other inclusions that missed out on a start last weekend could be Jazz Richards, Harry Arter, Josh Murphy, and Victor Camarasa. All players will be keen to feature and it's a wealth of interesting options that shows Neil Warnock has done well to add more depth to our thin squad.

Newcastle opened their season with a 2-1 loss at home to Tottenham but the performance was encouraging. Rumours persist of unease between Benitez and the Newcastle board over a lack of transfer funds. The club spent £22.5 million on new players including last season's loanee Martin Dubravka from Sparta Prague, Ki Sung-yueng from Swansea, Fabian Schar from Deportivo, Yoshinori Muto from Mainz, and Federico Fernandez from Swansea.

However, the club raked in £22 million from the sale of Aleksandar Mitrovic to Fulham on its own. Add another £22 million on other player sales and the Newcastle fans and Benitez have every right to ask questions. Particularly when owner Mike Ashley is then spending huge sums saving House of Fraser from administration. Where is all the money going really?

I think this is a game that my heart feels we can win. We were a tough side to beat at home last season but last time out in the Premier League we were only victorious at home twice. Cardiff have also got their worst record against any team in the league with 10 defeats on the bounce against the Toon Army. The last time we beat them in the league in the top flight was back in 1961. That has to end soon right?

This could be a very dour game. As we find our feet in this division I am expecting us to play with caution. Unfortunately, that could damage our chances of winning games. Neither side will stroll this game. The wide players of Matt Ritchie and Kenedy could cause our full backs problems in the same way Bournemouth did. On the flip side, it is likely Newcastle could set up in a 4-4-2 and that would play into our hands. There have been calls for us to change to a 5-3-2 but I expect Warnock to set us up in a 4-2-3-1 again. Can we win? Possibly? Will we? I'm not sure. If pushed, I would hedge my bets with my head and heart in favour of a score draw. 1-1 maybe? I fear a 1-0 or 2-1 defeat though.

Draw @ 3.20 with William Hill

BTTS @ 2.10 with Betfair

@Mindfulness, @Pep004, @MaliMisko12, @betcatalog, @sajtion, @godofhorses, @Tiffy, @waynecoyne, @The Sexless Innkeeper, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @Duke_Tm, @dogmeister, @Arkadi Manucharov, @derbent, @fat, @allyhibs, @6avin24, @discipline, @the bastardian, @Bronxie, @Bett@KikoCy, @teddybear3011, @markus808, @allthethings, @Kenton Schweppes, @vasilli07, @Dylan Lynch, @neilovan, @JKos, @zemo91, @kulikTS, @mrclubbie, @Judeksi, @Henind666, @Teodore, @kilkenny1, @PokerWolf1, @Dave1X2, @real55555, @jazzman02, @Ameer13, @Gedkip, and @AndreBR, what bets are you guys lining up for the games this weekend? What are your thoughts on my Cardiff preview?

24 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Well I think you may be out of luck. I watched the Newcastle game and they were pretty unlucky. One crossbar, One post or they could have drawn  easily with Spurs. That Kenedy looks like a real handful, and Matt Ritchie really put himself ABOUT in that game. Man he was pissed to substituted. Absolutely :()**&**##g   steaming :@

The problem for Newcastle is that Benitez is such a good manager, and he likes life there. Ashley is coining it. Investing nothing,  grabbing 52000 fans every week, and pulling in mucho Premier league  TV $$$. WHy should he invest when he has a manager that can get 12th place. The Ashley Gravy train.  Tooooo-Toooo - schhhhhhhzzzzzzzzz..

They are a deceptive opponent with an excellent manager.

Edited by neilovan

6 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Well I think you may be out of luck. I watched the Newcaste game and they were pretty unlucky. One crossbar, One post or they could have drawn  easily with Spurs. That Kenedy looks like a real handful, and Matt Ritchie really put himself ABOUT in that game. Man he was pissed to substituted. Absolutely :()**&**##g   steaming :@

The problem for Newcastle is that Benitez is such a good manager, and he likes life there. Ashley is coining it. Investing nothing,  grabbing 52000 fans every week, and pulling in mucho Premier league  TV $$$. WHy should he invest when he has a manager that can get 12th place without investing anything. The Ashley Gravy train.  Tooooo-Toooo - schhhhhhhzzzzzzzzz..

Yeah, that's what my head is telling me. There is a part of me that thinks that they might have lost a bit of heart with that sour luck going against them. Or those close calls will go in and we'll get battered 4-0! :lol

Our biggest hope is that they'll under-estimate us. They have always been a bit prone from set pieces and that's one strength of ours. I think our physical play could rattle some of their players. Jonjo Shelvey was always in trouble when he played against us in the past so I think Warnock will pinpoint Callum Paterson to wind him up. I just feel on our day we can make it a battle of wills and I think our squad has more character than this Newcastle team. I really hope we lose this fear factor though that was clearly evident in some players last weekend.

1 minute ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Yeah, that's what my head is telling me. There is a part of me that thinks that they might have lost a bit of heart with that sour luck going against them. Or those close calls will go in and we'll get battered 4-0! :lol

Our biggest hope is that they'll under-estimate us. They have always been a bit prone from set pieces and that's one strength of ours. I think our physical play could rattle some of their players. Jonjo Shelvey was always in trouble when he played against us in the past so I think Warnock will pinpoint Callum Paterson to wind him up. I just feel on our day we can make it a battle of wills and I think our squad has more character than this Newcastle team. I really hope we lose this fear factor though that was clearly evident in some players last weekend.

I think you need it to absolutely lash down with rain. That always evens things up.

On 8/14/2018 at 9:05 PM, Roy The Boy said:

Everton v Southampton. Home win for me, I think Everton's performance against Wolves was ok, and unfortunate in my opinion to go down to 10 men, Southamptons lack of fire power will cause Saints fans concern this season and I am going for Everton 2-0.

Leicester V Wolves. as I said last week Leicester are industrious but I may have done them an injustice their performance against United suggest Leicester could be a dark horse for the top 6. Wolves as we know have flashed the cash and do have a couple of quality players, but I feel the foxes will have more bite than the Wolves, Leicester 3 Wolves 1.

Now I will say Spurs looked a little shaky against Newcastle, but I think they will be fine at home to Fulham, Fulham who were actually quite unlucky to lose 2-0 at home to Palace as they had plenty of chances, however I think they will draw another blank here, with Spurs running out 3-0 winners.

Last of the Saturday games and what a start for the gooners, First City and now Chelsea, after a dodgy first half Arsenal showed some good signs second half before City killed it, that said I think a 2-1 Home win for Chelsea here

Burnley v Watford, if I am honest these sort of games I find hard to predict, So I am basing this just on home advantage and Burnley running out 3-2 winners 

Poor Huddersfield, a bit like the gooners Chelsea and City First two games, a 3-0 reverse at home for the Terriers, and it will not get any better for them in this, City may have a field day, and can see a 5 or 6 here. so I'll plump for 5-0

Brighton V United. I distinctly remember United toiling at Brighton last year and it will be the same, United for me lack creativity, which is madness when you have a Pogba and a Mata, so maybe it's just the managers tactics, nooooooooooo surely not Mourinho's fault. Brighton for me will be desperate to collect as many home points as they can I know I know a cliche for which I apologise. with all that I have said in this I think United will limp to a 0-1 away win.

Palace V Liverpool. Palace will be ecstatic with their 2-0 away win at Fulham, as will Liverpool with their 4-0 dispatch of the Hammers, I don't see Liverpool having this fixture all their own way, Palace offer speed and flair in Zaha but he won't be enough Liverpool to win 2-1

damn man, i feel the same in almost everything. Nice writeup! Only thing i'd do differently is leicester wolves i'd rather do bts, dont like chelsea here, maybe goals? since both teams are struggling maybe something like o2,5& bts. Otherwise excelent picks

18/08/2018 EPL Fixtures and Predictions

(1) Cardiff vs Newcastle

Neil Warnock and Rafael Benitez are meeting once again but this time in Premier league to renew their rivalry. Benitez dominated over Warnock in championship games with his tactical approach. Newcastle lost to Tottenham but managed to score, whereas Cardiff lost 2-0 to Bournemouth.  Striking power of Benitez is far much better than Cardiff.Salomon Randon is a good striker and currently on loan with Newcastle, Ayoze Perez,Joselu ,Christian Atsu and many more. 

Given that Newcastle have been in premier league for one year now, they are experienced and will edge over promoted Cardiff with a narrow win.

I predict away win Cardiff 0-1 Newcastle

Christian Atsu to  score or Assist.

(2) Tottenham vs Fulham

Tottenham is still a strong team. Pochettino never made any signings but he is confident of the team to compete with big teams for EPL trophy. Fulham is a newly promoted team and lacks experience in the premier league. The two teams once met in FA cup and Pochettino's side thrashed Fulham 3-0. Most of the Tottenham players participated in Russia world cup and they arent fully fit to thrash Fulham well.

I predict home win Tottenham 2-0 Fulham

Cristian Eriksen to assist/score

Harry Kane to score 

(3) Everton vs Southampton 

I predict 2-2FT

Sigurdsion to score

Charlie Austin to score

(4) Westham vs Bournemouth

I predict home win Westham 2-0 Bournemouth

(5) Chelsea vs Arsenal

I predict away win Chelsea 1-2 Arsenal

Sunday 19/08/2018 EPL fixtures and predictions

(1) Burnley vs Watford

This is a tough encounter between Sean Dyche and Javi Gracia team. Watford is on form having lost none of its friendly games. They started the league well beating Brighton 2-0, with 16 shots and 6 on target. Burnley had also 16 shots, 6 on target but were unlucky and got  a 0-0 draw with Southampton. Burnley has a good defensive set up, whereas Watford has improved both in defense and striking.

I predict Draw 1-1 FT

(2) Manchester city vs Huddersfield

Manchester City started the league on a  high note beating Arsenal 2-0, while Huddersfield lost 0-3 to Chelsea. David Wagner team has a very poor defensive & midfield setup. Pep's squad has the best midfield and striking power and I oversee Citizens thrashing Huddersfield with no mercy.

I predict comfortable home win Manchester city 5-0 Huddersfield

Sergio Aquero to score

Raheem Sterling to score

Lorey Sane to Assist

(3) Brighton vs Manchester United

Chris Houghton and Jose Mourinho have met 4 times ( 3 Wins,1 Loss), twice in EPl  both teams sharing 3 points and Once in FA cup( Man U won 2-0). The four encounters resulted to UNDER 2.5. Manchester united have started the league on a low note with few shots on target but the strikers are not yet on form to score many goals. Brighton had ZERO shots on target during Watford game which they lost 0-2.

I predict away win Brighton 0-2 Man U FT

R.Lukaku to score.

Alexis Sanchez to score.

Manchester City V Huddersfield Town

Huddersfield Town +3.0 AH @ 1.724 Matchbook

I don't think Huddersfield's overall performance was that bad in the 0-3 home loss to Chelsea at the weekend. It was more a case of it being the opening game and one or two individuals weren't quite sharp enough. Chelsea pretty much capitalised on all the Huddersfield errors and so the scoreline was somewhat skewed in my view.

The Terriers will have to cut out the mistakes quickly because it's City at the Etihad next, a fixture that would have most teams quaking in their boots but perhaps not David Wagner's side. Let's not forget that The Terriers came away with a fine 0-0 from this fixture only three months ago. So what's changed so radically over the summer to hand Huddersfield such a big line here? In my view not a lot. Mahrez aside, City have not improved significantly. Huddersfield are pretty much the same with a couple of additions to strengthen the squad and increase competition. Perhaps the fact that City dispatched Arsenal with such ease in the opening round puts down a marker but the dynamics of that game will be different to this one.

Much to the relief of Sam Allardyce, Huddersfield won't try to play out from the back here. It'll probably be 5-3-2 with a low block and some direct countering. If Huddersfield stay focused for the entirety of the match then they can limit City and prevent a cricket score.

Key midfielder Kevin De Bruyne is unavailable for City through injury while cohort David Silva is lacking match fitness after the World Cup. For me this seems like a good opportunity to take on City via a no-nonsense team on a massive AH line.

Chelsea vs Arsenal

Undoubtedly, the most high-profile game this weekend is the London derby between Chelsea and Arsenal in a 5:30pm kick-off this Saturday night at Stamford Bridge. The two clubs go head-to-head early on into their new regimes and the opening weekend delivered contrasting fortunes for both managers.

Maurizio Sarri earned praise for the manner in which his side comfortably eased past Huddersfield with a 3-0 victory away. Yes, it was only a team that are widely considered amongst the favourites for relegation but the attitude by the players was far more encouraging than that against Manchester City in the Community Shield a week earlier.

Unai Emery has immediately come under fire from the Arsenal old guard for his approach to their opening game against City last weekend at the Emirates Stadium. Confusion, a lack of organisation, and mystifying tactics were all identified as issues for Emery. A bit harsh given it was his first game trying to change the entire culture of a club that has remained the same and on the downward spiral for decades.

Anyway, this is another tough one for Emery. I bet he's thanking the Premier League fixture wizards right now. It's a no brainer for me. Chelsea should have enough at home to pick up the win. Arsenal are going to take time to gel. There was minimal change at Chelsea when Sarri came in. Thibaut Courtois has left but his departure has been smoothed over with the signing of Kepa Arrizabalaga. Eden Hazard is staying on, or so it seems. Things are looking brighter.

Emery still has some issues to address and this game could see a number of changes. Petr Cech could see his starting spot threatened by Bernd Leno after an unconvincing display. The likes of Lucas Torreira, Alexandre Lacazette, and Stephan Lichtsteiner could also be pushing for starts.

Personally, I think over time that Emery will prove a decent appointment for Arsenal. It's going to take a long time to evolve the club after the stale Wenger era. Their pre-season was productive including beating Chelsea on penalties in the International Champions Cup tournament. I just think Chelsea at home as a more settled unit will be tough to take something against.

The fact Chelsea haven't lost to Arsenal at home since 29th October, 2011 shows how dominant the Blues have been against the Gunners on home territory. Since that game, Arsenal have come up against a couple of Chelsea teams that have been in complete disarray and still not beaten them. Turn things on their head here where Chelsea are more fluid and cohesive. It's seems a hard ask for the visiting side.

Chelsea to Win @ 1.86 with MarathonBet

BTTS @ 1.62 with Paddy Power

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premier League

Chelsea allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 4 games in Premier League.
Everton has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Premier League.
Wolverhampton Wanderers has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Premier League.
Newcastle United lost their last 3 games in Premier League.
Cardiff City scored in last 9 home games.
Tottenham has over 2.5 goals in their last 5 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 98 Football Betting Streaks for 18.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-18-08-2018-10908

After watching Fulham last round, think this can be ugly for them this round. Talking about their defense, i just can say its even worse than last year. No comunication no nothing. Tight and left back looked totaly usuless in attack. Midfield to slow, Serry (or smth) cant pass the ball 2m from himself. Attack one dimensional, trying to send ball on the wing and than to Mitrovic. Midfield players arent dangerous at all. 

Well, the Spurs playing, expect from them to win with at least 2 or 3. Werent that good against Newcastle, but cant see Fulham can hold them as defense looked shocking to me.

Yeah, @mij0sim, I thought Slavisa Jokanovic had spent well during the transfer window but I was quite stunned at how disjointed they looked in that opening game. It could just be teething problems. I think Serri will take a month or so to get going but ultimately he'll grow into the Premier League. I think I've got that game down as a 2-0 win for Tottenham.

@StevieDay1983  I liked the way Fulham play last season, but in the and they started to fade. Some games won on pure quality but nothing spectacular imo. Slavisa spent a lot but Fulham looked very disorganised against CP. I had feeling if CP needed 5 0 win they would get it. First 20min or so Fulham played on desire and euphoria. After that everything was CP. And about new, i didnt saw any of them brought some big quality. Dont know much about RB, but Fredericks looks miles away from him. 

On 8/17/2018 at 10:25 AM, Gedkip said:

18/08/2018 EPL Fixtures and Predictions

(1) Cardiff vs Newcastle

Neil Warnock and Rafael Benitez are meeting once again but this time in Premier league to renew their rivalry. Benitez dominated over Warnock in championship games with his tactical approach. Newcastle lost to Tottenham but managed to score, whereas Cardiff lost 2-0 to Bournemouth.  Striking power of Benitez is far much better than Cardiff.Salomon Randon is a good striker and currently on loan with Newcastle, Ayoze Perez,Joselu ,Christian Atsu and many more. 

Given that Newcastle have been in premier league for one year now, they are experienced and will edge over promoted Cardiff with a narrow win.

I predict away win Cardiff 0-1 Newcastle

Christian Atsu to  score or Assist.

(2) Tottenham vs Fulham

Tottenham is still a strong team. Pochettino never made any signings but he is confident of the team to compete with big teams for EPL trophy. Fulham is a newly promoted team and lacks experience in the premier league. The two teams once met in FA cup and Pochettino's side thrashed Fulham 3-0. Most of the Tottenham players participated in Russia world cup and they arent fully fit to thrash Fulham well.

I predict home win Tottenham 2-0 Fulham

Cristian Eriksen to assist/score

Harry Kane to score 

(3) Everton vs Southampton 

I predict 2-2FT

Sigurdsion to score

Charlie Austin to score

(4) Westham vs Bournemouth

I predict home win Westham 2-0 Bournemouth

(5) Chelsea vs Arsenal

I predict away win Chelsea 1-2 Arsenal

Sunday 19/08/2018 EPL fixtures and predictions

(1) Burnley vs Watford

This is a tough encounter between Sean Dyche and Javi Gracia team. Watford is on form having lost none of its friendly games. They started the league well beating Brighton 2-0, with 16 shots and 6 on target. Burnley had also 16 shots, 6 on target but were unlucky and got  a 0-0 draw with Southampton. Burnley has a good defensive set up, whereas Watford has improved both in defense and striking.

I predict Draw 1-1 FT

(2) Manchester city vs Huddersfield

Manchester City started the league on a  high note beating Arsenal 2-0, while Huddersfield lost 0-3 to Chelsea. David Wagner team has a very poor defensive & midfield setup. Pep's squad has the best midfield and striking power and I oversee Citizens thrashing Huddersfield with no mercy.

I predict comfortable home win Manchester city 5-0 Huddersfield

Sergio Aquero to score

Raheem Sterling to score

Lorey Sane to Assist

(3) Brighton vs Manchester United

Chris Houghton and Jose Mourinho have met 4 times ( 3 Wins,1 Loss), twice in EPl  both teams sharing 3 points and Once in FA cup( Man U won 2-0). The four encounters resulted to UNDER 2.5. Manchester united have started the league on a low note with few shots on target but the strikers are not yet on form to score many goals. Brighton had ZERO shots on target during Watford game which they lost 0-2.

I predict away win Brighton 0-2 Man U FT

R.Lukaku to score.

Alexis Sanchez to score.

Cardiff 0-0 Newcastle FT. Unfortunately Penalty missed by Kennedy 94+....nice play by Cardiff though their striking is still not good.

Huddersfield Town has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 games in Premier League.
Manchester United allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 3 games in Premier League.
Manchester City scored in last 3 games in Premier League.
Burnley has under 2.5 goals in their last 6 games in Premier League.
Watford scored in last 7 games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 132 Football Betting Streaks for 19.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-19-08-2018-10936

10 hours ago, newjack said:

Anyone fancy Brighton +0,5 ? last home encounter resulted in a win vs Utd. What i've seen during preseason and vs Leicester this could be the upset of the weekend.

It's a good shout. I'm still undecided on Brighton. They have made a lot of additions and @Tiffy is confident they can finish comfortably mid-table. Always trust the knowledge of the fan on here. Interested to hear what he thinks about this?

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool

Monday Night Football makes a return to our screens tomorrow night when Crystal Palace host Liverpool in an 8pm kick-off at Selhurst Park. It's a fixture that has a number of classic memories associated to it but both sides will simply be hoping for a win tomorrow even if it means a boring affair.

The Eagles fans will be more than happy to remind Liverpool supporters that it was this game and venue that contributed heavily towards the Reds bottle jobbing their Premier League title fight back in 2014. 3-0 up with just 11 minutes to play it seemed that Gerrard and company were going to defy the odds and seal the title. However, Palace came back to draw 3-3 to gift wrap the Premier League crown for Manchester City. It was a traumatic time for Liverpool fans.

Fast forward to the present day and Liverpool are once again being touted as the closest rivals to Manchester City. Will this be a game that takes the wind out of the sails early in the season for the Reds? Or will Palace simply not have enough to stop Liverpool's embarrassment of riches?

It's great news for Roy Hodgson's team as they not only come into this game off the back of a very impressive opening weekend 2-0 win over city rivals Fulham but they also have a fully fit squad to choose from. Most importantly, star man Wilfried Zaha remains committed to the club.

Jurgen Klopp saw his side tear West Ham apart with a 4-0 win on the opening weekend of Premier League action. The new signings all impressed and even Daniel Sturridge looked fit and eager. Given the fact Liverpool have won 5 of the last 6 meetings between the two sides, they have every reason to be confident of getting the win. It might just be harder than people presume.

I'm tipping for this to be a tough game for Liverpool. If you're going to challenge for league titles then you need to come to intimidating places like Selhurst Park and win. I feel this Liverpool side has enough in their locker to do it. It might just be a tight one-goal win but the class of their side should prevail.

Liverpool To Win By 1 Goal @ 3.75 with Boylesports

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.57 with UniBet

On 8/16/2018 at 3:10 PM, neilovan said:

EVERTON v SAINTS

Having watched most of the opening weekends games, two teams that will struggle are Southampton and Cardiff. Cardiff are just out of their league. All Kudos to Warnock, but they are going to get battered most match days. Southampton just look rubbish to me. I don't rate Mark Hughes and he will have them playing like Stoke pretty soon.

What is the saying "for a man who's only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" ! :eek

There is nothing going forward ... no pace, little skill, and absolutely no finesse. Is Danny Ings the answer? No way. If you had to combine the number of top players that left Saints in the last 5 seasons, you could field a pretty solid team.  At some stage this selling your best assets will catch up, and the greedy owners will spend time in the Championship.

I thought Richarlison had an amazing game for Everton. 2 goals on your debut is fantastico. I think he could be the buy of the season. That second goal was a gem, as he used the defender to obstruct the goalkeeper view. Clinical. Brilliant top goal of the week for me.

Everton were very good against the middle/bottom teams at home last season. Played 13 games, WON 10, 2 DRAW, 1 LOSS. Pretty decent numbers. OK the style of player under Allardyce was not so great but those numbers are brilliant.  To me the Everton package this year is just miles better. Where they have to improve is holding/beating the top teams at home (awful record last season). A few decent results will get the home fans up and pumped.

The home win at odds of 1.95 is a gift from the bookmakers 

BRIGHTON v MAN UNITED

I remain unconvinced that United will challenge this season. Last season the away record was decent, but also had some weird results. Brighton won this fixture last season, and Newcastle also beat Man U.

At 1.72 for the away win, is it worth a bet? Hmmmm , not sure here. One thing I see is a lack of 1st half goals away from Man United. Just 1 goal scored in 9 away games. Pretty poor, overly defensive, trying not to lose, is not the way to set up. 

Three bets that I would be looking at here are the HT draw, NO to both teams to score, and HT/FT (Draw/Man United). Brighton with 6 HT draws in their last 9 at home (league), while United cannot get the ball in the net 1st half away. I do not feel comfortable in this game, and would be betting smaller, and looking at longer odds type bets. 

Two things turn me off the Over 2.5 goals here. One, the machine learning prediction for over 2.5 goals is a little low. Two, Man United seem to down tools when going a goal or two up. There is no intensity to press for the 3rd goal. They will put it in neutral and try to hold on ...

A game to observe, and not get involved in.

CRYSTAL PALACE v LIVERPOOL

I thought Liverpool were excellent in their opener. Naby Keita had an outstanding game, and just slotted in so easily. Playing at Liverpool will be a perfect fit for him. On the flip side here, Pellegrini had his team set up just waaaay to open. You just cannot play in this manner, against top teams away, in the Premier League. 

What's amazing to me is how well Liverpool have coped without Phillipe Coutinho. It has been a case of Phillipe WHO?  They have not missed him at all. and he filled the coffers for them to make 2 or 3 great signings.

SO first game away for them, and typical Liverpool banana skin game. These are the teams that Liverpool have messed up against in the past. Palace have some bite and teeth. Zaha will be dangerous  but I think the signing of Max Meyer could be a master stroke. 22, pure quality, coming in from Schalke.

I'm looking forward to watching this game as it could be one of the best of the weekend. Can Liverpool avoid the slip up, or will Palace shock them?

I think the odds for the home win of 6-1 are decent.

WOW , what a shower from United. Listening to Scholes and Neville take them to pieces. Jose gone by December.

Gotta say I got three possible bets absolutely wrong in this one.

As for the Liverpool game i don't think it's even gonna be close. I mean they teared up WH without switching out of 1st gear. I doubt Palace will prove difficult to handle. Granted the h2h between the two is less impressive than against WH, but Cp's playing style won't differ much from WH, at least i doubt it. They'll look for counter attacks but majority of the game will be played on CP's half. I will make a small betbuilder combo however i don't see any value whatsoever on this game. MAYBE over 1.5 at halftime which is currently priced at 2.25 Bet365 (Liverpool loves 2:0 lead at HT). One other factor to include in this match is city has 8:1 goal ratio, if Liverpool can score and not conceive they'll reclaim 1st spot for now however i doubt that's the key factor to consider. BOL

Liverpool has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Premier League.
Crystal Palace won their last 6 games in Premier League.
Liverpool won their last 3 games in Premier League.
Liverpool won their last 3 away games in Premier League.
Liverpool scored in last 3 away games in Premier League.

You can find interesting 55 Football Betting Streaks for 20.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-20-08-2018-10939

On 19/08/2018 at 9:12 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

It's a good shout. I'm still undecided on Brighton. They have made a lot of additions and @Tiffy is confident they can finish comfortably mid-table. Always trust the knowledge of the fan on here. Interested to hear what he thinks about this?

Well, if I had seen this when you first posted it @StevieDay1983, I would have said to leave it alone. (after our display against Watford last week)  However, @newjack, well done on spotting a good opportunity.

i was out all day yesterday, and didn't look on on PL till about 11.30 last night, I went to the game, and was behind the goal where Brighton got their 3 first half goals. Looking back, we have carried on this season where we left off.- Dismal away, good at home. I don't know why we can't play the same away from home, it's a mystery to everyone. The Amex is becoming a fortress though, and I'd guess that's where the majority of our points will come from this season.  Carry on backing Brighton at home is the way to go this season.

Man U looked poor. I am not convinced that JM s the "Special One". I never rated his style of play at Chelsea, and he let so many really good players slip through the net back then. I can see him being removed by Christmas, as the other teams in the top 6 (with the exception of Arsenal) have improved or play better football.