** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

3rd Qualifying Round Predictions > Aug 14th

uclodds.jpg

The second legs of the 3rd Qualifying Round of this season's Champions League are up this coming week. A lot of issues to be resolved here. Can Celtic put the disappointment of their 1-1 home draw against AEK Athens behind them to win the tie out in Greece? Let us know your thoughts on these games and the bets you're planning on placing. :ok

AEK Athens vs Celtic

This second leg match in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Champions League is arguably the most interesting of all the ties this week. Greek champions AEK Athens took an unlikely 1-1 draw from Celtic Park last week with just 10 men and will now be aiming to wrap the tie up on home turf in this 7pm kick-off.

AEK Athens are yet to begin their domestic competitive schedule. The game last week was actually their first competitive action of the season so they exceeded all expectations. The task now is to do the job at the Athens Olympic Stadium and progress one step further to the group stage of the Champions League. It would be a huge achievement for Marinos Ouzounidis and his players.

Something feels a bit off with Celtic right now. Rumours that Brendan Rodgers had bashed heads with the board about a lack of transfer activity has been followed up by last week's disappointing draw and then the 1-0 defeat away to Hearts over the weekend. The pressure is firmly on for Rodgers here and failure to navigate past this tie could bring his job security into question. Such is the fickle way of football.

It's too close to call an outright. I honestly expected Celtic to get the job done at home. They face a huge battle now and must score at least once out in Greece to have any hope of qualifying for the next round. The winners will face either Malmo or MOL Vidi in a play-off for the group stage so there's a big incentive here. I have a feeling both teams will score and even though I want to think that Celtic could take this to extra-time or penalties I'm not convinced they have what it takes to prevent AEK Athens winning this in 90 minutes.

BTTS @ 2.10 with Bet365

AEK Athens to Win in 90 Minutes @ 1.83 with Bet365

@vasilli07, @Xcout, @Icongene, @KikoCy, @DrBetter, @Duuc, @DrO, @immortal--, @Notorious, @betcatalog, @KingSoccertips, @discipline, @Pep004, @HastGill1, @ElPrincipito007, @salmonman, @DW_United, @allthethings, @MightyWell, @liamcorrigan86, @mijOsim, @dorleywilliams, @soccerprediction123, @jamiedavies02, @TOTTI3, @LePapo, @seifer365, @MPLouis, @Jack A, @JJG, @Pipoca, @neilovan, @wcz, @newjack, @matt-e-matticle, @EBTA, @cluelessG, @mtom, @Marek76, @allyhibs, and @WinningAdvice, what bets are you guys backing for this week in the Champions League?

Dynamo Kiev vs Slavia Prague

The second preview I am doing is a tightly-contested match between Ukrainian side Dynamo Kiev and Czech Republic club Slavia Prague taking place at the NSC Olimpiskiy in a 5:30pm kick-off. The two sides drew 1-1 in their first leg and it's finely balanced heading into this second leg.

It was a dramatic finale in Prague when these two sides met a week ago. Benjamin Verbic had appeared to seal the win for Dynamo Kiev when he scored with just 8 minutes remaining. However, a penalty converted by Josef Husbauer in the fifth minute of injury time levelled the tie and gave Slavia hope of prevailing victorious.

Dynamo Kiev have had a progressive start to their domestic season. Three 1-0 wins has seen them not concede a single goal yet and only FC Oleksandriya are matching them in terms of a 100% record right now. If they can transfer that sublime defensive record to this competition then it could be a very impressive campaign for the Ukrainian champions.

Slavia Prague are currently top of their domestic league with four wins from their first four matches. They have conceded just 1 goal in those four games so there is the feeling that we could see a defensively minded approach by both teams here. Especially because a 0-0 draw would see the visiting side through. Are they willing to gamble so heavily on their back-line staying solid?

I think Dynamo Kiev will not only know that a goal will seriously damage Slavia Prague's morale but they'll be confident they can get it. Slavia Prague will no doubt rely on the counter attack but I think this is a game that Dynamo Kiev should prevail as winners. If the first goal goes in early then we could see a stalemate as Dynamo shut the game down. This could be as close as the first leg but I think Alyaksandr Khatskevich's men will have enough to progress in normal time.

Dynamo Kiev to Win @ 1.90 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 1.64 with Unibet

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Champions League

RB Salzburg has over 2.5 goals in their last 5 games in all competitions.
PAOK has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 games in all competitions.
Dinamo Zagreb scored in last 7 games in all competitions.
Slavia Praha scored in last 7 games in all competitions.
Spartak Trnava scored in last 6 games in all competitions.
Dynamo Kyiv has under 2.5 goals in their last 4 home games in all competitions.

You can find interesting 54 Football Betting Streaks for 14.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-14-08-2018-10893

AEK Athens v Celtic FC

AEK Athens (last season): Petros Mantalos (12/2 m, captain, doubtful), Galanopoulos (19/0 m, suspended), Chygrynskiy (15/1 d), Giannoutsos (1/0 d), Boyé (f, newcomer)

Celtic FC: Kristoffer Ajer (1/0 d, suspended), Dedrick Boyata (0/0 d), Marvin Compper (0/0 d), Lewis Morgan (0/0 m), Nir Bitton (0/0 m)

AFC Ajax v Standard Liège

AFC Ajax: Veltman (0/0 d), Dolberg (0/0 f), Černý (0/0 f), Bandé (0/0 f), Eiting (1/0 m, doubtful), Sinkgraven (0/0 d)

Standard Liège: Lestienne (0/0 f), Bokadi (0/0 m)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Spartak Trnava - Red Star

After a little disappointment in first match ( 1-1) Red Star will have to be very aggressive from beginning .We are definitely better team and we showed that in first match:bigger possession, 9-1 corners , 7-2 shots on goal....

This season we are looking very good and IMO stronger then last year,where we manage to play 1/16 Europe league.

In domestic league at first 4 games we have 4 wins. One change in starting 11, in stead of Jovicic, game will start Jovancic who plays more attacking. 

I watch Trnava only against RS and they dont look like nothing special....in their league they have 6 points in first 4 games.

There is defo value on Red Star ....Red Star to win @2.00 at bet365

Dont know about Red Star being stronger this year. Maybe they are, but lacking good target man upfront is big problem. Stoiljkovic is one funny guy who dont deserve to play. Milic is not real attacker. He is good for counters but dont know is that good in possesion game. 
In first match, Red Star had ball but without many clear chances. Mostly long range shots, but it was easy for Trnava keeper.
My personal feeling Red Star is a bit stronger than Trnava. Still Trnava managed to achieve their goal, not to lose. In overal i think they looked comfortably in that.
Expect similar game here. Think it will be tight but i am on Red Star to pass this round. 

It's a shame the Red Star game had to be decided in extra-time but hopefully somebody backed the "To Qualify" market. Great to see such detailed analysis of a game like that in this thread. It's the sort of knowledge that we want to see more of around here. Looking forward to seeing what @Dzontra85 and @mij0sim will have to say for their game in the Play-Off Round versus Red Bull Salzburg. Surely going to be up against it there!