** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Hungary NB I 2018/2019

MOL Vidi - DVSC

Draw @3.5 with bet365

MOL Vidi are a decent team as they eliminated Ludogorets in the CL qualifications and got a 1:1 at Malmo FF. In all these matches they preferred to defend and make sure they don't give away easy goals. But I am impressed on how easy they switched to attack mode and scored quickly when they had an opportunity (when Ludo was down to 10 men) or when they had to (when Malmo took a 1:0 lead). I would normally expect them to win against DVSC but... the return (home) leg against Malmo is on Tuesday and this is a critical match for them. So I can see problems with focus and motivation in the game against DVSC. Coach Nikolics says they must win in the local league to make sure they don't fall too far behind the leaders but... two weeks ago they were in a similar situation (before the return leg with Ludo) and they only managed to get a draw at home against Paksi. And DVSC looks like a stronger team than Paksi.

DVSC have played 3 rounds in the local league already, 2 away wins and 1 home draw, all against lower or mid-table teams. Not too bad but not very impressive either.

The head-to-head record in recent years is strongly in favour of MOL Vidi - 10 wins in a row in the local league (DVSC did manage to win a cup game and a friendly game though).

I will have a small bet on the draw. Home win is available at odds around evens and might be tempting if you have faith in H2H records or if you suspect the referees will help the home team (Hungarians complained about this last season - their Prime Minister supports MOL Vidi). I thought about taking DSVC +0.5 but I can get odds around 1.85 and I don't think there much value in it.

It could be a good opportunity for live betting, if you can find a decent stream of the game.

Varda SE - Ferencvaros

Away win @ 1.45 with bet365

Kick off is at 19:30 CET on 11 August

The home team has played 3 matches in the local league, lost all of them - two with a 0:4 score and the most recent loss was a respectable 0:1. All of them were away games, not sure why.

The away team has also played 3 matches, won all of them. Two 4:1 wins and then a 3:1 win.

Bottom of the table versus top of the table. It looks like there's a difference in class between these two and I am happy with the 1.45 odds.