** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Punters Lounge Exclusive £150 added Poker League PokerStars - August Leg 4 - Weds 29th August

avongirl

The Punters Lounge £150 added Poker League continues throughout the summer and starts for August this week.  All games are played in the PokerStars Home Games PL Poker Club.  This month we are again running a PLO leg, so Legs 1,2 and 4 will be NLHE and Leg 3 PLO.

Leg 1 : Wednesday 8th August at 20.00 GMT in the PL Poker Club Home Game.

Leg 2 : 15th August

Leg 3 : 22nd August (PLO leg)

Leg 4 : 29th August

Buy in is $5.50 per leg.

The £150 added will be split between the top 3 players of the league end, with £75 to the league champion, £45 to 2nd and £30 to 3rd.  This will be payable via PayPal at the end of the league.  Big thank you to SirPuntalot and Punters Lounge for the added funds.  Winners will also get an exclusive PuntersLounge Mug and Pen :)

Your top 3 scores of the 4 legs will count towards your league total. We will be using the usual PL league format, which will be updated in this post. (The PokerStars own league scores will not be used.) Formula is -Log(position/Entrants)x100

All members are welcome, however you must post in this thread if asked to let us know your forum username, otherwise your placings and scores cannot be included in the league.  Please spread the word and invite your friends so we can get the weekly numbers to keep this league viable.  New players always welcome to join in.

To join the PokerStars PL Home Games Club:

club id = 744199

password = PLPokerClub

We also have a PL Poker Club Facebook group where regular reminders are also posted. Please request to join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/524375907722928/

Good luck!

League Table

PLPokerStars18Aug4.jpg

A few years back when we had those regular variant games, Omaha, Stud, Badugi, Draw etc, I was never keen on PLO. 

I think it can take a while to adjust to the subtle differences (read also a little frustrating, I still struggle on occasions with "must use both held cards"!), but I'd say it's definately worth persisting with. I think it makes a refreshing change once you get used to it and genuinely believe you, and others, will grow to love it @thebestthere.

It's also a superb low-cost & friendly opportunity to increase our collective understanding & prowess in the variant games that are increasingly present as cheap side events in poker tours, festivals & of course online series.

Ultimately the forum will try to accomodate everyone's preferences, so do post thoughts and/or suggestions on alterative formats for consideration.

Sorry didn't make it tonight, get as many points as you can because I'm back next week :lol 

Good luck Nottingham21, good to see you join in :ok

On an unrelated point, I appear to have got a full tournament refund ($T) for last Sunday's server chaos despite being short stacked at the time of disconnect. If anyone was still in any tournaments at the time, make sure you also get your buyins and/or ITM payouts. 

Bart

Just to make you all aware, I always post a reminder on our Facebook group on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. This is normally seen by around 40 members. Last week's was only seen by 11. I'm not sure if this is why numbers were down in the game last week.

I've heard that the Facebook algorithm will limit views in people's newsfeed if predominantly one person posts in a group, therefore if some other members would post occasionally it would be appreciated. Let us know about any good value games or just what you're playing, and it should show FB that we are an active group. :ok