** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, and SPL Predictions > Aug 11th

league1odds.jpg

league2odds.jpg

splodds.jpg

Here are the odds for this coming weekend's matches in League 1, League 2, and the SPL. It was a thrilling first weekend of action so it will be interesting to see what you all have to say on these games now we have seen all the clubs in action. Still not easy to call this early in the season so let's get all the opinions we can! :ok

Surprised to see Wimbledon as short as they are considering they are tipped by most to have a poor season. They got a decent result at Fleetwood last weekend but it's still too early to gauge at what level Fleetwood are at under Joey Barton. Can only assume the odds are a reaction to last week's results. Personally I was expecting Coventry to be no higher than 11/5 and have already taken the 3.8 that was on offer with Marathon yesterday. You can still get 3.74 with them which imo represents good value.

Forest Green's odds have drifted to a now best price of 2.64 (SportingBet). I think these current odds represent good value for a Foest green team that boast one of the best strike forces in the division in Reuben Reid, Christian Doidge and Dayle Grubb. They've also made some good signings in Liam Shepherd and Carl Winchester so look a far stronger team this season. They boast a far stronger team than they did in January so would expect the to be up around the play offs this season.

Oldham on the other hand look like they are going in the other direction. I'm not sure why their odds have shortened as I cant see any transfer news about them. I actually expect them to struggle this season and wouldnt be surprised to see them in a relegation battle, largely because of their inability to score goals.

FG come off the back of an impressive 4-1 win at Grimsby and I expect them to keep that momentum going.

Carlisle vs Northampton also sees two teams competing that I expect to be at opposite ends of the table come May. There were big changes at Carlisle in the summer with Keith Curle leaving as well as a number of decent players, a large number of these have gone to L2 teams so it shows the qualiy of these. They are another team where I struggle to see where the goals will come from.

Northampton have kept a large number of their team from last year. I class this as a positive as I like the look of these players. They were unlucky losing to Lincoln last weekend conceding from Lincoln's only real chance. They've got options up front in Andy Williams, Kevin Van Veen and Junior Morias should make the trip. They've got an excellent midfield in John Joe O'Toole, Matt Crooks and Shaun McWilliams. McWilliams might miss out but they do have the likes of Sam Foley and Jack Bridge on the bench. Overall they have a good team and given their performance last week, I fancy them here at a best price of 2.9 with SportingBet.

Other teams I like. Accrington have the potential to beat a Bristol Rovers team that hasn't improved a great deal on last season's squad. In fact the loss of Ellis Harrison to Ipswich makes them weaker. I wacthed the Accrington loss to Gillingham last week and Gillingham were well worthy of their win however, Accrington will prove a tough team to beat this season and even with the loss of Kayden Jackson, I like the look of the 7/2 on offer for them against a Bristol Rovers team that I expect to be mid table.

Blackpool's odds have drifted sincethe news that Gary Bowyer left as manager earlier in the week. That will be a big loss for them and is a reason why I think they will struggle against relegation this season. Along with that they've lost good players in Kyle Vassell, Clark Robertson and Colin Daniel and not replaced with the same quality. Portsmouth have kept pretty much the same team as last season and if Ronan Curtis can have an impact then I expect to see the right at the top of the table this season. By all accounts they were fortuante to win against Luton but Blackpool aren't as good as them. BetWay's 8/5 on a Pompey win is probably still on the right side of value for me.

Morecambe are normally a team I back t get relegated each year. They generally start the season well and then find themselves fihting for survival cme the end of the season. If Saturday's 6-0 loss at Crewe is anything to go by, they're not even going to start this season well. I do however think they've recruited well during the summer and whilst I dont expect them to be troubling the top of the table, I do think they could do well. I read somewhere that Jim Bentley's record as Morecambe manager since 2011 in August was something like played 38, won 19. that is some record and does back up the fact that they start seasons well. Exeter are a team in transition after Paul Tisdale's summer departure so that alone makes them an unknown in some respects. They won comfortably at the weekend but I just like Marathon's 3.38 for the home side.

As well as doing the singles above I will no doubt cover some of these in accumulators. Will probably include Mansfield who travel to Yeovil having taken their best player, Otis Khan, in the summer. Both teams should be at opposite ends of the table and the 21/20 on general for an away win is fairly accruate.

Hearts vs Celtic

One of the early games kicking off this Saturday is the 12:30pm start between Scottish Premier League sides Hearts and Celtic who face each other at Tynecastle. It was an easy opening weekend for both sides with solid wins but at least one side has to drop points just two games into the season.

Hearts started their league campaign incredibly well with an outstanding 4-1 win away to Hamilton. OK, so there is the argument that it was only Hamilton but this is not a Hearts side that has overly impressed under Craig Levein. So nobody can really say they saw that score-line coming.

Brendan Rodgers and his side secured a comfortable 3-1 win over Livingston but suffered a disappointing night in the 3rd Qualifying Round of the Champions League when they drew 1-1 at home against Greek Super League side AEK Athens with the visitors playing with 10 men for over half an hour. Will that draw hit their morale or make them even more determined to bounce back here?

Hearts have lost their last two encounters with Celtic but it was only on 17th December, 2017 that the Jambos caused a shock with a 4-0 victory at home. So this is far from a given. Levein's side did lose 4 of their last 5 league games last season so the result last week was out of the blue.

I just think Celtic failing to win in midweek is the worst thing that could have happened for Hearts. Rodgers will be keen to use that disappointment to fuel his team's appetite for victory here. I can see Celtic taking the game to Hearts and coming away with a solid win.

Celtic -1 @ 2.50 with Paddy Power

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.80 with BetBright

@Papa Lazarou, @freestylerx, @allyhibs, @iBetting, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @kulikTS, @golakeh1, @Unnamed, @willie82, @dogmeister, @TheEdge, @JJG, @allthethings, @Mindfulness, @the bastardian, @teddybear3011, @Marek76, @salmonman, @Unnamed, @mij0sim, @harry_rag, @jazzman02, @Bobby Vegas, @Teodore, @Tiffy, and @sajtion. what tips have you guys got for us this week?

Doncaster vs Wycombe

The second preview for this weekend is the League 1 clash between Doncaster and Wycombe being played at the Keepmoat Stadium in a 3pm kick-off tomorrow afternoon. These two sides faced contrasting fortunes on their opening match day so this could be a game that gives us a better idea of what their aspirations are for this season.

Grant McCann's team prevailed victorious in a thriller away to Southend that saw them win 3-2. This included a late fight-back from the Shrimpers after being 3-0 down. It was a raucous end to proceedings as Doncaster repelled late attacks and resulted in over 10 minutes of injury time with four bookings shown during that period. The ability to hang on showed great resolve from McCann's side.

Wycombe were held to a bore draw against crisis-hit Blackpool. The Tangerine Army's manager Gary Bowyer resigned from his position after the game in a shock move. The question being asked is if Gareth Ainsworth's side couldn't pick apart this Blackpool side on home turf then how will they fair against tougher opposition away this week?

Doncaster were priced at 1.90 when I posted these fixtures up but their value has now changed to almost 2.40. As the home team, there are certainly questions being asked as to why this is the case. Clearly, something has disrupted their preparations for this game. I still think that is cracking value and even though I have huge respect for Ainsworth as a player and manager, I just think Doncaster have too much quality and should prevail as winners.

Doncaster to Win @ 2.38 with William Hill

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.81 with 188Bet

Forest Green v Oldham Athletic

Forest Green: no absences

Oldham Athletic: Peter Clarke (0/0 d), Andy Taylor (0/0 d), Jose Baxter (0/0 f)(all doubtful), Ousmane Fane (0/0 m)

Lincoln City v Swindon Town

Lincoln City: Sam Habergham (0/0 d), Luke Waterfall (1/0 d, left the club)

Swindon Town: Kyle Knoyle (1/0 d, doubtful), James Dunne (0/0 m, suspended), Marc Richards (0/0 f), Kaiyne Woolery (0/0 f), Chris Robertson (0/0 d)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premiership

Heart of Midlothian has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Premiership.
Kilmarnock scored in last 4 games in Premiership.
Heart of Midlothian has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 home games in Premiership.
Livingston has under 2.5 goals in their last 4 home games in Premiership.
Kilmarnock won their last 3 away games in Premiership.

You can find interesting 98 Football Betting Streaks for 11.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-11-08-2018-10842

Is it true that a Berwick Ranger only lives for sex and danger?

On a slightly related note, how are Alloa looking this season, @allyhibs? Been a fairweather fan of theirs since I made them the first ever team I managed on the old Championship Manager games (pre-Football Manager!). Great to see them get promoted into the Championship last season via the play-offs but not sure if the business they've done over the summer is enough to keep them up. Only a narrow 1-0 defeat to Ross County in their first game so it doesn't really tell me a lot. Would love to keep them in the accumulator bets as I often do but not if they're going to get beaten to a pulp every week.

Dunfermline v Ross County.

For the second week running I'm siding with Dunfermline. They've started the season well, qualifying with ease from their League Cup group then an impressive away win at Dundee Utd in the league opener last Saturday. They're a decent side with plenty of firepower up front and are definitely strong contenders for promotion this season.

Ross County look like a club going in the opposite direction, it just seems that all is not well there. The Pars are the strongest team here and I would have the home win nearer 2.25.

Dunfermline @ 2.50 looks good value.

4 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Is it true that a Berwick Ranger only lives for sex and danger?

On a slightly related note, how are Alloa looking this season, @allyhibs? Been a fairweather fan of theirs since I made them the first ever team I managed on the old Championship Manager games (pre-Football Manager!). Great to see them get promoted into the Championship last season via the play-offs but not sure if the business they've done over the summer is enough to keep them up. Only a narrow 1-0 defeat to Ross County in their first game so it doesn't really tell me a lot. Would love to keep them in the accumulator bets as I often do but not if they're going to get beaten to a pulp every week.

I don't know a whole lot about Alloa Stevie, they're a difficult side to beat at home that's for sure, their artificial pitch is horrendous. Fighting relegation as usual I would think.

5 minutes ago, allyhibs said:

I don't know a whole lot about Alloa Stevie, they're a difficult side to beat at home that's for sure, their artificial pitch is horrendous. Fighting relegation as usual I would think.

Interesting. I might put a cheeky bet on them staying up. The artificial pitch could prove more problematic for teams higher up that play on grass more often. It would also mean they might not have as much fixture congestion due to postponed games as other teams around them that use grass pitches.