** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

US Open 2018

7 hours ago, Senking said:

In my humble opinion, they are right not to pay you on the 2 sets to 1 win for Kalinina. For them to pay you out, the match has to be completed and Kalinina has to win or else it'll be termed void. Although, your bet was in a strong position for a win, the result has not been determined yet and there is still uncertainty. Primarily, the result is not confirmed, hence void is right. 

I'd agree with this. I can see why you feel sore because she probably was going to win but the moment she retired your set bet became void. That's the way set betting works as I understand it, rightly or wrongly. Besides that, and as unlikely as it may have been, the lead your player had could have been overturned - you never know. It happened at the Australian Open where Fett was ahead 5-1 (I think) against Wozniacki in the final set only for the Dane to overturn the deficit.

Who do you guys think will win Pella Vs Basilashvilli.  I believe that Nikoloz will win but my superstitions are finding it hard to place money on him.  He looks to be playing the best tennis of his career, and also was very sharp in this opening match vs Sock.. I've got an itchy trigger finger on this match, and I do not believe Pella is up to this challenge. 

If some way Makarova maintains the lead and wins this match.. I have it parlayed with Nikoloz, and I am going to hedge back my initial stake because I have a sick feeling that he can tank the match to Pella.. Hopefully Makarova wins, and then I'll have a freeroll.. but I'm very concerned Makarova will lose now also ... its on serve but Sevastova is playing better than i thought she would, and Mak is actually a lil better than i thought she would also. The only problem is Sevastova's movement looks a lil better than Makarova, and that scares me a little bit

23 hours ago, Rypcio said:

Isner vs Lajovic , Basilaszwili vs Pella and Coric vs Miedwiediew . In all over 3.5 sets at 4.05 with Unibet

In my opinion nobody from here can win 3:0 . This will be closely matches . Basilaszwili and Miedwiediew are in great form and propably they can win their matches . Isner with each subsequent match look worse 

Was so close , Basil and Isner win 3:1 but Miedwiediew lose 3:0 :/ To my luck in real life I bet two doubles ,one with Isner and Miedwiedew ,second with Basil and Federer ,so I wait with CzechPunter to over sets in match Federer ;)

John Isner to beat Milos Raonic at 2.26 with Pinnacle

I took the exact same bet in this year's Wimbledon, it won, and I feel that there's some justification in taking it again here at odds against. Sure, Isner has had more struggles than Raonic so far in this event, but I don't feel that his level has been that poor overall, he was just troubled by some decent players that gave him trouble from the back of the baseline. The match-up against Raonic is completely different in that rallies aren't going to happen - and Isner has always had the Canadian's number in shorter points, as evidenced by the 4-1 record and the fact that Raonic has never won a non-TB set over those five meetings. At 2.26, give me Isner.

John Isner vs Milos Raonic

Over 45.5 games 4/5 paddy power

Isner to win 11/10 paddy power

Well I'm surprised Isner is at this price when he is having his best ever season with the highlight of making the semi finals at Wimbledon. This will probably be another long match. But i fancy Isner to get over the line as he is the better player

I also fancy Thiem to beat Anderson 11/8 paddy power

And Barty to beat Pliskova 8/11 paddy power

Edited by owenclass

On 26/08/2018 at 11:16 AM, yogg said:

Mens US Open - Coric B. vs Mayer F.

Under 28.5 games @2.24 with Pinnacle

Class act and rising star Borna Coric should get the job done here against Florian Mayer whose rather lost his way.

:ok

Borna let me down here dropping his only set so far :@ but I think he's being very underestimated by the bookies against DelPo.

neither player has done much wrong so far and Coric to win @ odds of 3.92 with Pinnacle are just too juicy to turn down for me.

I think this will go all the way so I'll be taking the over 4.5 sets line @4.10 with Unibet.

and as I'm blowing his trumpet why not take Coric @ 51.00 with Bet365 e/w to win the tournament.

good luck all :ok

Edited by yogg

Kei Nishikori (vs. Kohlschreiber) + Madison Keys (vs. Cibulkova) + Maria Sharapova (vs. CSN) at 2.52 with Bet365

Having this small combi for Monday, all good match-ups for the favourites, all positive H2Hs, and all looking decent enough in the previous matches. I was a bit shocked to see Cibulkova beat Kerber, but it was a match full of errors and she had like forty UEs, a repeat of that isn't going to get her anywhere I'd say. I would be reasonably confident backing the ladies on handicaps as well, not Nishikori though, Kohlschreiber can keep things close with his good serve + forehand combo and the handicap is set at 5.5 games, which is just out of the comfort zone for me, Kohli can certainly nick a set somewhere along the way.

Novak Djokovic vs Joao Sousa

Joao Sosa has become one of the best Portuguese players in the ATP. However, he’s still an underdog against Djokovic, who has improved over the rounds of this tournament and it’s clearly a favorite for the title. Djokovic showed an excellent form winning in 3 sets against Gasquet, but I expect Sosa to do his best and he’ll try to get a set.

My pick: Over 26.5 games @ 1.595, 2 units at Pinnacle

14 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Kei Nishikori (vs. Kohlschreiber) + Madison Keys (vs. Cibulkova) + Maria Sharapova (vs. CSN) at 2.52 with Bet365

Having this small combi for Monday, all good match-ups for the favourites, all positive H2Hs, and all looking decent enough in the previous matches. I was a bit shocked to see Cibulkova beat Kerber, but it was a match full of errors and she had like forty UEs, a repeat of that isn't going to get her anywhere I'd say. I would be reasonably confident backing the ladies on handicaps as well, not Nishikori though, Kohlschreiber can keep things close with his good serve + forehand combo and the handicap is set at 5.5 games, which is just out of the comfort zone for me, Kohli can certainly nick a set somewhere along the way.

Hi Czech. I'm just wondering on your thoughts about Isner beating Del Potro 5/2 paddy power as I think he has a great chance of reaching another Grand slam semi final 

Also is Pliskova playing well enough to beat Serena 12/5 paddy power as I don't think Serena is back to her best yet and Pliskova could give her problems on her favourite surface 

Edited by owenclass

Pure madness indeed :loon. It's -3.3pts for me after Sharapova failed.

R.Nadal/D.Thiem - Over 3.5 sets at 1.73 with Paddy Power

Rafael Nadal has a 9-0 sets lead over Thiem in Grand Slams, but he's been pretty average so far, having plenty of issues against Khachanov and then dropping a set out of nowhere against Nikoloz. Thiem had a good match against Anderson, on the other hand, and it seems to me that he's just fitter, with Nadal possibly having some knee issues again. He isn't complaining about them on air for obvious reasons, but I can't see him going the whole way. Should be a tight match and I wouldn't be shocked to see an upset.

Madison Keys (-3.5) to beat Carla Suarez-Navarro at 1.80 with Bet365

Naomi Osaka (-3.5) to beat Lesya Tsurenko at 1.91 with BoyleSports

I watched all four on Monday and I really fancy the favourites here. Both played much better than their upcoming opponents and both have the right weapons for the match-ups, too much strength in general. Tsurenko also had some fitness issues against Vondrousova, who had her own health problems.

Arthur Rinderknech to beat Adrian Menendez-Maceiras @ 3.65 with Heritage

Edited a couple times.. posted the wrong book, and the match doesn't start for almost another hour on the schedule. This is Cassis, France Challenger event..The bet is in fact a fade of the Spanish player in poor form.  it could be a long day indoors against a hard hitter(Arthur)but we'll see. Hope the bet wins 

Ohhh, and I don't think this match is indoors actually lol .. so i might lose but we'll see anyways.. I don't think Maceiras is moving well on the court for some reason 

Edited by money44

@CzechPunter .. I was going to react to your post .. I don't agree with your ladies quarterfinal posts.  if I don't agree with your posts .. next time I will use the confused or sad smiley face icon... and if I like the your picks ... then i will click the "like" button or trophy .. ok my friend .. have a good day betting !

i'm watching the maceiras match.. its pretty fun to watch .. there is no crowd watching .. like they are playing on the side of some mountain or hill in france.  match could go either way right now but it just start

Edited by money44
clarification

Kei Nishikori to beat Marin Cilic at 2.35 with SportingBet

Think the unexpectedly long game that Cilic experienced with De Minaur might be a factor here. Having watched the last two Nishikori games, I've been very impressed with his game. He has only dropped one set thus far, and was dominant against an in-form Kohlschreiber. I feel that Nishikori will be able to give Cilic a greater challenge than Goffin, who was apparently somewhat injured before the game actually started, so the 3-0 scoreline probably flatters Cilic a bit.

Marin Cilic vs Kei Nishikori

Many consider Cilic a favorite, but I think that Nishikori has had an easier way to this point of the tournament. He only dropped 1 set and played only 1 set against Monfils. The heat and the time Cilic has been on court is against him. 

My pick is Nishikori at 2.5, 5 units at Matchbook.

Novak Djokovic to beat John Millman 3-0 @ 1.60 Unibet

I've been thinking about hitting this for a while and I've decided to pull the trigger. Essentially, even though this is a short price in normal circumstances it would be shorter. As it is, after Millman just about managed to take advantage of the worst performance of Federer's career in the last round, his price to beat Djokovic is about ten to one and that's no value to me at all. What that price does do though is impact on the set betting prices and present an opportunity to take a punt on something that I think has a higher chance of happening than 1.60 implies.

It'll be interesting to see what Millman has left in the tank after such a monumental effort against Federer and whilst I don't think he'll necessarily be blown away like he was the last time he played Djokovic earlier in the year, I don't see him winning a set. Beating Federer, even though he played badly, will have made Djokovic sit up and take notice and I expect him to be dialled in right from the start in this one. Coupled with the chance of a comedown on Millman's part I'm happy to take a chance on Djokovic advancing to the next round in straight sets.

3/3 from Tuesday/Wednesday.

K.Nishikori/N.Djokovic - Over 3.5 sets at 1.91 with Paddy Power

The only bet that I'll be taking from the SFs is this one, as Djokovic is yet to impress me in this tournament and as I think that he's yet to face a tough test. The draw has been very kind to him and yet he's struggled physically with the conditions, hard to say what his real level is. Nishikori, on the other hand, has beaten much stronger players over the couple of rounds here and he certainly has what it takes to keep this at least somewhat tight quality-wise. I don't see him winning, but a 3-0 result doesn't look all that likely to me either.