** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - August 20 - August 26

• 2 weeks later...

Anett Kontaveit to beat Kiki Bertens at 1.95 with Bet365

Chances are that this match won't even go ahead, as it would be very rational for Bertens to withdraw, but, if it does, I'll gladly back Kontaveit at 1.95. She lost a tight match against Kiki a couple of days ago and she's been resting since then, while Bertens has had a fairly tough schedule. With the US Open just around the corner, I don't see her pushing herself too much in New Haven.

Sam Stosur to beat Aryna Sabalenka at 2.75 with bet365

Aryna has had two busy weeks playing good tennis and thanks to that she has reached as high as rank no.25 but now she could be tired and Sam is probably quite ready for this one and I see her able to win this match. Sam lost to Camila Giorgi in the qualies and got in as lucky loser but that may only help her and she has 2 semis and a quarter in New Haven through the years and Aryna should not want to waste to mutch time in New Haven ahead of US open where she's even seeded. I think there's advantage Sam here and a good price on the lucky loser and as we all know lucky losers can always be dangerous and under these circumstances I think it's worth trying Sam to win. Void if Aryna retires which I hope she wont do ofcourse in the case of a set lead for Sam and being up a break in second set. Not impossible to see Sam winning this one and it's a better price than Anett Kontaveit to win.

19 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Chances are that this match won't even go ahead, as it would be very rational for Bertens to withdraw, but, if it does, I'll gladly back Kontaveit at 1.95. She lost a tight match against Kiki a couple of days ago and she's been resting since then, while Bertens has had a fairly tough schedule. With the US Open just around the corner, I don't see her pushing herself too much in New Haven.

It’s already down to [email protected].

14 minutes ago, Baracca said:

It’s already down to [email protected].

Yeah I know, that's why I wrote Sam Stosur has a better price than Anett Kontaveit to win since I think most value to bet on Anett is gone now when she's down to 1.61. Anyway the same thing could happen to Aryna as with Kiki, that would be loss likely because of fatigue.

Danielle Collins to beat Dayana Yastremska at 2.05 with bet365

Feels lika Dayana has become slightly overrated here after successfully qualifying with a 2-1 win v Bernarda Pera and two straight 7-6 7-6 wins against Magda Linette and Belinda Bencic. Danielle reached semifinal in San Jose and have played good tennis through out the season on hardcourt especially in the US and I think she can not possibly be the underdog in this matchup with the game she possesses and has shown on hardcourt this season. She's also ranked no.36 now against Dayana at no.104 but that has little to no relevance but I think Danielle can win here because the level of her gameplay is higher than Dayanas.

Ekaterina Makarova to beat Karolina Pliskova at 2.62 with bet365

Ekaterina can always be a hard opponent to face and I think Karolina isn't as good as previous years. She's been bad since she became no.1 for that short period at the top. Ekaterina has always given her best in Connecticut and Karolina doesn't have the best of records in Connecticut. I suspect a small upset may be on the cards here.

Winston-Salem Outright Winner - Andrey Rublev

Looking at past winners of this it seems anyone could win it so I'm having a punt on Andrey Rublev who's been in my "notebook" a while now for just such a tournament.

He's a great talent, in reasonable form and certainly won't be tired.

20/1 each way (half the odds to reach the final) with PaddyPower.

Good luck all :ok

Skugor to beat Carreno Busta at 5.1 with Unibet

A bit speculative bet. I think that PCB already has his mind set for US Open, where he defends SF points from last year. PCB also showed decent level of tennis in Cincinnati, so he probably does not need much more match practice before US Open. Interestingly they already met once in Davis Cup, where Skugor won in 5 sets.

De Minaur -2 games to beat Medvedev at 1.98 with Pinnacle

Medvedev hates to play in such humid conditions. He said himself that he was physically dead at 6-4 5-0 score against Basic. He somehow managed to win with 6-4 score in second set. De Minaur is big fighter and I expect that he will outlast Medvedev in the end.

On 8/19/2018 at 6:36 PM, CzechPunter said:

Hard match to call here which I really believe is better not calling as I see it as a match of potential distress. In my opinion Bertens pulling out will seem to be the favorite call. I really do not think Kontaveit will beat Bertens neither will Bertens allow herself get beat for free. It just will not happen. There is the confidence factor to defend if anything. The second best call which is not beyond the realms of possibility is Kiki the Beast Bertens continuing her winning streak

13 hours ago, yogg said:

Winston-Salem Outright Winner - Andrey Rublev

Looking at past winners of this it seems anyone could win it so I'm having a punt on Andrey Rublev who's been in my "notebook" a while now for just such a tournament.

He's a great talent, in reasonable form and certainly won't be tired.

20/1 each way (half the odds to reach the final) with PaddyPower.

Good luck all :ok

Unlucky with this. Completely inept performance from Rublev. 7 double faults - nearly two games worth of free points for Munar, 37 percent of first serves in, 1 break point saved out of four. Terrible numbers. You deserved a better run for your money than that.

4 minutes ago, Torque said:

Unlucky with this. Completely inept performance from Rublev. 7 double faults - nearly two games worth of free points for Munar, 37 percent of first serves in, 1 break point saved out of four. Terrible numbers. You deserved a better run for your money than that.

cheers, gutted. 

Mandy Minella to beat Dejana Radanovic at 1.46 with Pinnacle

Francoise Abanda to beat Jessica Ponchet at 1.67 with Unibet

Taking these two in the US Open qualifiers today. Minella is just miles above Radanovic and the fact that she is yet to hit the hard courts in this season doesn't really scare me given her experience. Meanwhile, Abanda has been quite useful on American hards recently, she should definitely beat Ponchet if she replicates her performances against Flipkens/Boulter.

Enjoy reading the tips from you lads even though I seldom bet on tennis, normally just wait till the big events and do a few outright. Tonight didn't see anything that I liked regarding football, so decided to have a bash at Czech double above. Was looking at the scores on 365 and seen Abanda was getting lashed in first set, so decided to watch match from start of second set just to see how bad Abanda must be, soon as I started watching knew something must have happened first set losing 6-1, then from watching you could see Abanda was the better player, could improve her serve a bit, but always looked the better player, strange how she can loss first set 6-1. Nice tip Czech, but had me panicking after watching scoreboard on 365 first set :lol

2 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

@dave5perth I apologize for not posting tips that win 6-0 6-0 :$.

Ha Ha wasn't meaning it like that, I could see from start of second set she was the better player, just baffles me how she can lose 6-1 in first, I was genuinely thinking of backing her at start of second set when I watched a little, but with me not really knowing most of the players just let my original bet carry on. 

Which female tennis players do you think would give you a good run for your money in US open? like having a little flutter on a few for an interest throughout tournament, backed Aryna Sabalenka recently for US, another player I had never watched before, but watched a few matches recently, looks a very promising young player.

Good luck Czech Punter and all.  I'm experienced tennis bettor and sometimes pretty legit.. I always wanted a forum here for tennis .. seems its kicking off nicely.  I like your parlay above.  But more so especially Bouchard .. she rolled in early qualies.. never heard of their opponents. 

I'd have busta as a slight favorite at around -125 to -115.  I think that is a fair price.. And I think the book is playing games with bettors by listing Chung overpriced.. Busta is the more accomplished player and higher ranked in the prime of his career.. so why is he a dog ? 

Carreno Busta @ 2.35 with William Hill