Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** July Competition Winners: Well done to Pete1971 (NAPS), Barnsley Chop (KO Cup), bluemal (Goodwood) & Rivrd (Poker) ***
StevieDay1983

La Liga & Super Cup Predictions > Aug 12th - 20th

spainodds.jpg

The 2018/19 Spanish season is fast approaching. The action begins in just over a week when Sevilla face off against Barcelona in the Spanish Super Cup. Due to that being the only game we're covering that weekend I've merged it with the following weekend's opening La Liga fixtures. So let us know your tips for these games coming up! I'll get a preview for the Super Cup and a selected game the following week. :ok

Barcelona vs Sevilla

Apologies, I was planning to get this preview up yesterday but I've been having internet issues due to the heavy rain we've had here in Wales. Anyway, just fitting in a quick one now before kick-off before getting the league preview up later this week. La Liga champions Barcelona go up against the Copa Del Rey runners-up Sevilla in this Super Cup match that kicks off at 9pm tonight at the Stade Ibn Batouta in Tangiers, Morocco.

Ernesto Valverde will be looking to build on last season and has brought in a number of improvements to the squad. It will be interesting to see how they cope without the legendary Andres Iniesta this season after his departure. The arrival of Arthur Melo from Gremio, Clement Lenglet from Sevilla, Malcolm from Bordeaux, and Arturo Vidal from Bayern Munich should bolster their squad strength.

Pablo Machin will begin his reign as Sevilla manager after being appointed back in May with a baptism of fire here. The former Girona head coach was a strange choice for the job with a win ratio of less than 44% at the Spanish side but he must have impressed the Sevilla hierarchy after leading Girona to 10th place and just 7 points off European competition.

There have been big name arrivals and departures over the summer. The club has raked in over €60 million in transfer fees from the exits of players such as Lenglet, Sergio Rico, and Joaquin Correa. Rico did leave on a free but his wages will have freed up some spending power.

Machin has been quick to bring in fresh blood. He spent €55 million on new additions including Ibrahim Amadou from Lille, Aleix Vidal from Barcelona, Joris Gnagnon from Rennes, and Andre Silva on loan from AC Milan. It'll be fascinating to see how such wholesale changes affect the club.

I'm going to have to back Barcelona to win well here. A team such as Sevilla cannot make so many alterations to their management and squad without needing time to bed them in. Barcelona are settled and they've strengthened wisely. The signing of Malcolm is particularly exciting and Vidal should plug the hole left by Iniesta... partially at least.

Barcelona -1 @ 2.35 with Ladbrokes

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.50 with William Hill

@Pep004, @Magic0024, @betcatalog, @malabgd, @AndreBR, @Xcout, @four-leaf, @sajtion, @Arkadi Manucharov, @Jamesboaz, @RealUnited, @allyhibs, @jamiedavies02, @notanotherdonkey, @Marek76, @freestylerx, and @derbent, what bets will you guys be placing on the Super Cup and the upcoming La Liga matches next weekend?

@StevieDay1983 Spot on analysis, I particularly was keen on the Over 2.5 goals but lack of time prevented me from making a preview, together that I like reading yours. Sadly I was able to read it after the match.

For the next matches, it is yet to see how Sevilla will handle that Ben Yedder penalty was stopped by Ter Stegen. Fortunately for you Handicap it was missed.

Something is clear despite the constant going and coming and multiples scoring chances, Sevilla deliver a great match an good sensations for the coming season.

2 hours ago, Xcout said:

@StevieDay1983 Spot on analysis, I particularly was keen on the Over 2.5 goals but lack of time prevented me from making a preview, together that I like reading yours. Sadly I was able to read it after the match.

For the next matches, it is yet to see how Sevilla will handle that Ben Yedder penalty was stopped by Ter Stegen. Fortunately for you Handicap it was missed.

Something is clear despite the constant going and coming and multiples scoring chances, Sevilla deliver a great match an good sensations for the coming season.

Yes, I know they didn't win but Sevilla did surprise with how close they pushed Barcelona. Still, Barcelona knew how to get the job done and that shows that they haven't lost that winning mentality. Other sides could have crumbled at conceding so early. Easy to see why Barcelona didn't want Ousmane Dembele leaving for Arsenal on loan. What a goal! He's going to be one player that could have more say this season.

Sevilla at 2.10 for that opening game seems like a decent shout now against Rayo Vallecano. What do you reckon?

Football Facts and Streaks regarding La Liga

Real Valladolid has under 2.5 goals in their last 5 games in La Liga.
Real Betis won their last 4 games in La Liga.
Levante has over 2.5 goals in their last 6 games in La Liga.
Girona won their last 4 games in La Liga.
Real Valladolid has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 away games in La Liga.

You can find interesting 78 Football Betting Streaks for 17.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-17-08-2018-10905

Girona FC v Real Valladolid

Girona FC (last season): Ramalho (26/0 d, doubtful), Aday (31/2 m, suspended), Planas (5/0 d), Mojica (30/0 d)

Real Valladolid (last season): Alberto Guitián (5/0 d), Antonio Cotán (8/0 m), Luismi Sánchez (29/3 m), David Mayoral (m, newcomer), Ivi López (f, newcomer)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Valencia vs Atletico Madrid

One of the stand-out ties in the opening weekend of the La Liga fixtures is being played this Monday night in a 7pm kick-off at the Mestalla where two of the biggest clubs in Spain begin their league campaigns. Valencia hosting Atletico Madrid in an early indicator of how seriously these two sides can be considered as title rivals to Barcelona and Real Madrid this season.

Marcelino led Valencia to their first Champions League group stage campaign since 2015/16 last season with a top four finish. It was also their highest league finish since 2014/15. It's encouraging for the club that has struggled over the past few seasons to settle down and find some consistency. Is Marcelino the man to take them to the next step?

Diego Simeone's men might have something to say about that early doors. Their impressive win against Real Madrid after extra-time in the UEFA Super Cup has made everybody sit up and take notice. The summer signings plus the ability to keep hold of the likes of Antoine Griezmann, Diego Godin, and Jan Oblak has seen them bring together a very strong squad for this season. So the midweek result really wasn't a total surprise.

Opening games are always tough to call. Atletico have the advantage in head-to-head meetings over recent years with Simeone's side winning five of the last six. Going to the Mestalla is never easy and even tougher for an opening game. However, I just feel this is set up for Atletico to start with a gritty narrow win on the road to solidify their reputation as the real deal as La Liga title contenders this season. I may regret not tipping the draw but I just feel Atletico are too strong this season.

Atletico Madrid to Win @ 2.60 with 888Sport

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.63 with MarathonBet

@Pep004, @Magic0024, @betcatalog, @malabgd, @AndreBR, @Xcout, @four-leaf, @sajtion, @Arkadi Manucharov, @Jamesboaz, @RealUnited, @allyhibs, @jamiedavies02, @notanotherdonkey, @Marek76, @freestylerx, and @derbent, what bets are you guys planning for these first La Liga games? Agree with my thoughts on the Valencia vs Atletico match?

i am interested in espanyol. they are definitely underrated in this match and their pre season friendlies have been excellent. my feeling is that they will be stronger this year than last so i will have a punt on them to start with victory 

Edited by sajtion

Betis vs Levante

2018, August 17, 22:15

La Liga

After the previous season that saw them qualify for European competition, Betis starts La Liga receiving Levante, which closed hard and managed to avoid relegation, after  that at the beginning of last season it seemed that it would be contender for European positions.

Betis in eight preseason games did not lose, on the contrary, won six matches against European rivals and one Spanish. Showing a great performance, with reinforcements in defense Sidnei, and midfield William Carvalho, Canales, which will give more strength in the midfield. The forward of Moron and Boudebouz is expected to have a better performance this season than the previous one.

The Levante closed with four games without losing, with three draws in that period. An improvement after three lost games. The departure of Lerma to Bournemouth, allowed Levante to strengthen with Vukcevic, Prcic, Rochiba, Moses Simon, Dwamena, Coke, Cabaco and Aitor Fernandez, but many of those are not available for this match. Levante normally do a lot of changes between seasons and is yet tosee how they adapt to the team, the improvement in results of the preseason give hope. However, Levante is usually stronger in the Ciutat de Valencia.

Additionally in the last four games played at Benito Villamarin between them, Betis won three and a scoreless draw, which is why it is usually a match that Betis is good at. Although the odds has dropped I think Betis will get a good result.

Betis with 5 units @ 1.69 at JetBull

With regards to Valencia, I would prefer to avoid that match.  Valencia has shown it is capable of the best but also of the worst. The most powerful argument for them, last season scoreless draw in Mestalla against Atletico de Madrid and the 2-2 draw against Real Madrid in Bernabue. But also the worst, the defeat against Las Palmas.

With Valencia of two or three seasons ago clearly Atletico de Madrid will have the edge, as Valencia was in a poor shape, but with the display of last season, which brought a return of the Valencia of the start of the century, where they even reached Champions League finals, I find it hard to believe on the away team, even after the display against Real Madrid.

On 8/13/2018 at 2:29 AM, StevieDay1983 said:

Sevilla at 2.10 for that opening game seems like a decent shout now against Rayo Vallecano. What do you reckon?

Agreed the value will lay with Sevilla thanks to that superb display, the question is are they able to pull that again when Rayo Vallecano is clearly to be focused on defense? What I mean it was a great effort against Barca, will it not leave any repercussion? or they were clearly prepared for that?.  Just some thoughts.

Barcelona scored in last 3 home games in La Liga.
Espanyol won their last 7 games in La Liga.
Real Sociedad lost their last 3 games in La Liga.
Villarreal scored in last 3 games in La Liga.
Alaves lost their last 3 games in La Liga.

You can find interesting 98 Football Betting Streaks for 18.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-18-08-2018-10908

1 hour ago, Xcout said:

With regards to Valencia, I would prefer to avoid that match.  Valencia has shown it is capable of the best but also of the worst. The most powerful argument for them, last season scoreless draw in Mestalla against Atletico de Madrid and the 2-2 draw against Real Madrid in Bernabue. But also the worst, the defeat against Las Palmas.

With Valencia of two or three seasons ago clearly Atletico de Madrid will have the edge, as Valencia was in a poor shape, but with the display of last season, which brought a return of the Valencia of the start of the century, where they even reached Champions League finals, I find it hard to believe on the away team, even after the display against Real Madrid.

Agreed the value will lay with Sevilla thanks to that superb display, the question is are they able to pull that again when Rayo Vallecano is clearly to be focused on defense? What I mean it was a great effort against Barca, will it not leave any repercussion? or they were clearly prepared for that?.  Just some thoughts.

This is the problem I have, @Xcout. I see the tight games as a challenge that I can't back down from. It's the hardest game to call this weekend but I never want to dodge it. Sometimes I get it right but sometimes I miss the mark. That's when betting on football is at its finest though. When it's so close to call because the buzz when you get it bang on can't be beaten. I'm still swaying between a draw and away win now but I'll stick to my guns and back Atletico for a narrow win.

Real Madrid has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in La Liga.
Eibar has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games in La Liga.
Huesca has over 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in La Liga.
Rayo Vallecano has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games in La Liga.
Getafe has under 2.5 goals in their last 4 games in La Liga.

You can find interesting 132 Football Betting Streaks for 19.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-19-08-2018-10936

Hi, guys ! This is my first post on this forum. I will start to post around 5 tips from each La Liga round here because I want to share my opinion with you. :D

Valencia - Atletico Madrid : BTS  @ 1.95 with Unibet 

Athletic Bilbao - Leganes : Over 2 goals @ 1.74 with Unibet

Good luck to everyone ! :hope

On 8/17/2018 at 4:23 PM, StevieDay1983 said:

This is the problem I have, @Xcout. I see the tight games as a challenge that I can't back down from. It's the hardest game to call this weekend but I never want to dodge it. Sometimes I get it right but sometimes I miss the mark. That's when betting on football is at its finest though. When it's so close to call because the buzz when you get it bang on can't be beaten. I'm still swaying between a draw and away win now but I'll stick to my guns and back Atletico for a narrow win.

I clearly understand it @StevieDay1983! And the benefit/reward of that is a very attractive odd.

Also I think taking that challenges helps to improve and fine tuned our abilities. Still I prefer sometimes to avoid certain matches and focus on some others where I see a greater probability.

You are right about that feeling, getting it right is just superb, actually thats what I enjoy more that the actual profit, and also why the defeats come harder, and more if they are because of a late goal or something else crazy, the analysis was spot on, but luck is something funny. 

Thank you, @four-leaf & @Xcout for your warm welcome!

Yes, all my picks are well analysed, I don't bet random picks. 

I have been betting for more than 10 years and in the last 4 I have been following only La Liga. Moreover, I live in Spain and this can be sometimes a big plus for inside news.

If I have enough time, I will also post a short preview of each tip posted. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Paul said:

If I have enough time, I will also post a short preview of each tip posted. 

You are welcome!  And my question was more directed toward the short preview for the tips, which you clarify! nice!

Hope you live near a city with a La Liga team, you might be able to go to a match. Almost two years ago I went to Butarque (Quite small stadium, but the environment was quite peculiar).