** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - August 13 - August 19

Tennis Black Friday

Hello Everyone,

Well....you guessed it right. I am the pioneer of Tennis Black Friday perhaps borne out of a lack of something better to do....or maybe just easily coined out of pure undiluted thought and imagination. However, it is what it is. Black Friday come early. I came up with this idea just pondering over the numerous rain delays that have plagued tournaments in the last week or so causing stress and hectic schedules to players and most of all creating huge opportunities for punters.

The effect of matches being stopped and started ultimately leads to inconsistent and uncertain outcomes in various permutations of expectations. Players become frustrated and confused from not knowing when they are playing or from suddenly being faced with the prospect of playing two long matches in one day. The bookies on the other hand lose track of their pricing methodology and do not really know how to price up certain players. Out of the resulting confusion bookies like Paddy Power already reknowned for their dodgy behaviour of manipulating numbers, blank their inplay screens as their once dependable faculties begin to buffer. 

Collectively in enjoying the fun of Black Friday, we can all come together as one potent unit (lol) to open our eyes like hawks looking for bargains and possible power failures. My idea of a power failure is something like this; Sabalenka vs Keys with the amount of games and three set matches and narrow escapes that Sabalenka has already had, despite her scintillating form, she should experience power failure against a very fresh Maidison Keys.

I also think Anisimova will benefit from the continuous mayhem with a bit of confidence drawn from the combination of beating Martic, an extra day's rest and home advantage. Anisimova should win a set and possibly more.

Finally to enjoy the best of both worlds, I have decided to quickly take the day trip to New Haven to wholly benefit from the experience and come back in enough time to join play at Cincinatti. This is where I find my bargain of the day with Maria Mateas standing a more than decent chance of flooring a waning Kristina Pliskova. Okay, lets not be greedy guys. we can take the Mateas 5,5 head start for a confident win. I will look to a big shout from bullish tennis hawks like Czech and Four Leaves (lol) for some more spice. Good Luck everyone and happy Black Friday!!!

Not sure what I can add to that, I've basically put Cincy aside already. I did have some thinks about New Haven though and I guess that you are right about Mateas-Pliskova. My approach to that would be to see a couple of games and then decide, but I reckon that there won't be any streams for the qualifiers. Sabalenka is a massive enigma to me, I have no idea how she keeps winning so many three-set matches, the four games streak against Garcia yesterday was a bit unreal.

No Aryna Sabalenka should experience power failure for sure, Madison Keys played some awesome stuff against Angie Kerber. Should be a good one and Amanda Anisimova I've had serious thoughts about winning against Elina Svitolina. Why not since that 16 year old is something special. I think she's better then Elina is many aspects of her game.

Madison Keys (-1.5 sets) to beat Aryna Sabalenka at 2.20 with bet365

Good enough price for me on Madison to edge this in 2, Aryna has been very busy and should have big problems with Madisons serving performance as she's been simply awesome.

Amanda Anisimova to beat Elina Svitolina at 3.75 with bet365

I can see Amanda beating Elina at least 3/5 times on this surface in the US. I think she's acctually got a more promising career ahead of her with winning a few grand slams and other big tournaments. She's turning 17 at the end of august and it's just a matter of time before she's top 100 and has won a title.

Paolo Lorenzi (-1.5 sets) to beat Tommy Robredo at 2.30 with bet365

Not the best of prices on Paolo to win this in straights but at home in Italy in a challenger event with the form Paolo has atm I think he can win this in straight sets at least 4/5 times. Tommy has dropped down significantly in his level of play. Seen him on livestream once already this year, against Calvin Hemery in Marrakech and that was simply an awful performance by Tommy and I expect more of it today. Paolo has played quite ok lately. They've met once before and then Paolo won 6-4 6-4 in Viña del Mar, Chile 2013 so why not something similar today.

Zdenek Kolar to beat Mate Valkusz at 1.95 with bet365

Mate is a 20 year old hungarian player while Zdenek is a 21 year old czech player and I judging by the rankings and their probable level of play I think Zdenek is the better player here. Mate is probably being a bit overrated after successfully qualifying and beating Goncalo Oliveira 6-4 6-4 and Markus Eriksson 6-0 6-1. He's good Mate Valkusz but not good enough for a challenger semifinal. Zdenek also has progressed in the tournament without dropping a set so I don't see what makes him the small underdog here.