** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - August 13 - August 19

• 2 weeks later...

Diego Schwartzman to beat Stanislas Wawrinka at 1.80 with BetVictor

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova (vs.Krunic) + Kyle Edmund (vs. McDonald) at 1.86 with Bet365

Wawrinka did some impressive stuff against Nadal, but it's hard to believe that he's going to repeat that again against Schwartzman, the injury issues are still there and it remains to be seen whether he's really back or whether that was just a strangely good performance. Schwartzman will be there with at least some consistency. Meanwhile, Krunic and McDonald have been really poor for a while, so I feel that taking them on in a double could be a good idea.

Diego Schwartzman (-1.5 sets) to beat Stan Wawrinka at 2.95 with Pinnacle

I would like to point out that a player doing well in one tournament often goes out in straight sets in the tournament afterwards and this is something I think I'll have a try on in this match. @CzechPunter taking your bet one step further feels good here since I belive Stan will have his hands full in the rallies and it will likely be to mutch in the end for Stan to cope with. Like you've said the injury issues are still there and I still don't think Stan is at 100%. My prediction will be Stan to play at a lower level than he did in Toronto and Diego wont have to do all that mutch to break Stan down in the rallies.

I am not agree about Wawrinka. Swartzman has no big wins on hard so far, he is good fighter, but nothing more. On other side Wawrinka doesn't need advertising, ok he is after injury, but to beat Kyrgios and Fuscovics who are good players, it's mean something to me. He had good fight with Nadal as well. So seems he is back. And there will be easy victory against Argentinian one.

Plus looking to bet on Kontoveit, as if she will show at least 2/3 of her power, she must beat Chech veteran easily.

Double for me today: Wawrinka+Kontoveit @3.8

Good luck!!!

David Goffin -2 games to beat Stefanos Tsitsipas at 1.9 with Pinnacle

Tsitsipas had tough week in Toronto, where he played in Finals against Nadal on Sunday. Surely he will be fatigued here. He will come late and he will need to adjust to new balls and new courts, while Goffin is already here for few days. Goffin is not in best form, but I think that courts in Cincinnati should suit him. Courts here are quite fast and Penn balls are also very fast, which suits Goffin. Tsitsipas played in Quarter Finals of Washington and I would be quite surprised if he would make another big run here.

4 hours ago, vuviks said:

I am not agree about Wawrinka. Swartzman has no big wins on hard so far, he is good fighter, but nothing more. On other side Wawrinka doesn't need advertising, ok he is after injury, but to beat Kyrgios and Fuscovics who are good players, it's mean something to me. He had good fight with Nadal as well. So seems he is back. And there will be easy victory against Argentinian one.

Plus looking to bet on Kontoveit, as if she will show at least 2/3 of her power, she must beat Chech veteran easily.

Double for me today: Wawrinka+Kontoveit @3.8

Good luck!!!

Kontaveit won easily. Thanks for the tip!!!!!

Robin Haase (-1.5 sets) to beat Filip Krajinovic at 2.50 with Pinnacle

Filips first match after Wimbledon ended in a straight sets loss to Karen Khachanov and this one wont be any easier. Robin can be very efficient in serving and he's always dangerous with stable play from the baseline. I don't trust Filip on faster hardcourts either since it's obvious from his stats on the challenger tour that he isn't a hardcourt player. Clay is his best surface. Robin should take this in straight sets.

WTA Cincinnati - Vondrousova M. vs Barty A. and Pliskova Ka. vs Radwanska A.

a double from me today, Barty and Pliskova to win @ 2.30 with BetVictor

Barty coming off a semi final run in the Rogers Cup last week should have too much for her teenage opponent.

Pliskova, although a bit out of sorts right now, has a great chance to get back on track with her power serve against an opponent who hasn't seen a hard court since March.

good luck all :ok

13 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

If you aren't scared by Pliskova's 0-7 record against Aga, good luck!

you're tennis knowledge, as ever, is second to none CP :notworthy

I admit I wasn't aware of that stat but it's because I don't care about it.

stats - records are there to be made and broken.

the last time they met was two years ago, will that have any bearing on today's match?

let's see. :hope

Pliskova didn't won single set with Radvanska yet, so my bet is Pliskova to win a set...:D But if seriously, main thing is what  are caonditon of polish at the moment, this year isn't her best, will try Pliskova on some combo, which @1.8 looks fine for me.

I don't like odds under @2 on women tennis, or any individual woman sport, but today not see any interesting man's matches, so will try some not big stake combo in woman tennis.

Agree with [email protected][email protected][email protected]+Konta/Ostapenko in doubles @[email protected] on bet365

Stupid bet from one side, but good money if everything goes right.

Why? Pavluchenkova oponet current form, Kuzmova playing incredible at moment (18!!! aces yesterday) and Mladenovic is not in best form, Svitolina just class better and looks to be ready for something big (don't really matter Kuznecovas big winning strike), and more risk one, just because of Konta/Ostapenko oponents weekness recently...good luck, and think twice when choose woman's sport!!!

6 hours ago, yogg said:

Barty coming off a semi final run in the Rogers Cup last week should have too much for her teenage opponent.

Pliskova, although a bit out of sorts right now, has a great chance to get back on track with her power serve against an opponent who hasn't seen a hard court since March.

Good tip in my opinion with a slight worry about who the weak link really is. It seems like if Pliskova wins bet is won. I tend to disagree. I would say if Barty wins, bet will be safe. I really think Vondrousova stands a brilliant chance despite coming in from the clay.

2 hours ago, liquidglass said:

Good tip in my opinion with a slight worry about who the weak link really is. It seems like if Pliskova wins bet is won. I tend to disagree. I would say if Barty wins, bet will be safe. I really think Vondrousova stands a brilliant chance despite coming in from the clay.

Vondrousova is no mug for sure.

On 13/08/2018 at 1:18 PM, FabioTennis said:

David Goffin -2 games to beat Stefanos Tsitsipas at 1.9 with Pinnacle

Tsitsipas had tough week in Toronto, where he played in Finals against Nadal on Sunday. Surely he will be fatigued here. He will come late and he will need to adjust to new balls and new courts, while Goffin is already here for few days. Goffin is not in best form, but I think that courts in Cincinnati should suit him. Courts here are quite fast and Penn balls are also very fast, which suits Goffin. Tsitsipas played in Quarter Finals of Washington and I would be quite surprised if he would make another big run here.

Great pick Fabio

21 hours ago, yogg said:

:beer

Pablo Carreno-Busta to beat Bradley Klahn at 1.60 with Unibet

As I've already said, I'm not particularly thrilled about these events for some reason, but this is a bet that I quite like for today. Honestly, I think that Klahn is being overhyped big time. He's a solid American, no doubts about that, but PCB has more quality in every single department apart from the serve. Not a lock by any stretch, but I was expecting PCB to be around the 1.40 mark.

Bertens to beat Wozniacki at 2.26 with Pinnacle

Sorry for short analisys but my english is bad :/ Kiki have great run in Montreal and we bet for her when he played against Barty . I was shocked when she lose 2:0 but now in Cincinnati she play very good against Vandeweghe and win very easy. Wozniacki after unsuccesfuly Wimbledon lost to Sabalenka .In my opinion she don`t have form and Kiki can beat her like in Madrid this year

3 minutes ago, Rypcio said:

Bertens to beat Wozniacki at 2.26 with Pinnacle

Sorry for short analisys but my english is bad :/ Kiki have great run in Montreal and we bet for her when he played against Barty . I was shocked when she lose 2:0 but now in Cincinnati she play very good against Vandeweghe and win very easy. Wozniacki after unsuccesfuly Wimbledon lost to Sabalenka .In my opinion she don`t have form and Kiki can beat her like in Madrid this year

:welcome to PL @Rypcio :ok 

Your English is more than fine, so don’t be afraid to post more. ;) 

Polansky to beat Aragone at 1.61 and Horansky to beat Vilella at 1.53 

In double @ 2.46

I will not talk much ,they are simply much better than their opponents and in my opinion odds should be lower . Of course Polansky and Horansky are players who have been in shape for a long time and I bet sometimes on them

Edited by Rypcio

Not bad so far, the double came in and so did PCB.

Denis Shapovalov to beat Milos Raonic at 2.62 with Bet365

This looks like a 50/50 match-up to me right now, with Shapovalov having the form book on his side. Raonic is obviously the better and more experienced player, but his fitness is very questionable and the Canadian is firing on all cylinders, so I have to play him at odds well above evens.

@CzechPunter Agree with Shapovalov, must try at this odds. 

What is your thoughts about Careno-Busta against Haase. I pretty Shure that Dutch shoot all his bullets in last few games, but haven't seen any Pablo's games because don't wanna risk big.

For me best double for this round looks like [email protected]+Sabalenka to win a [email protected]=2.35 at WilliamHill

I like Sabalenka's serve and how she is fighting. But again, haven't watched any Garcia's game recently.

If you will share your opinion about my bet I will be very thankful. @CzechPunter :)

ATP Cincinnati - Outright winner Juan Martin Del Potro @13.00 with Ladbrokes

DP has the ideal game for this.

He holds his serve 90% of the time, is 24/5 on hard courts this year and has gone well recently at the French Open, Wimbledon and most recently in Mexico.

I believe it's all come right for DelPo to take this.