** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, and SPL Predictions > Aug 4th & 5th

Aberdeen vs Rangers

The 2018/19 SPL season kicks off this weekend and we have a cracker of an opening game between Aberdeen and Rangers. It could be argued that this is an early indicator to see who is best prepared to rival Celtic for the title when they meet at Pittodrie in a 1pm kick-off on Sunday.

Both sides were in European competition last night with Aberdeen losing out after extra-time against Premier League side Burnley and Rangers survived a late scare to beat Croat side NK Osijek. There has been very little sign so far to help us work out which of these two teams are better prepared for this opener.

Derek McInnes has built a solid Dons side and finished as runners-up last season. It was a disruptive season for Rangers and they'll be hoping that after encouraging early signs under Steve Gerrard that this could be the season they make a return to the top two in the SPL.

Ultimately, this will be a game that neither side wants to lose. I can see a very competitive fixture. Both McInnes and Gerrard were combative players in their day and set their teams up to play in a similar way. Neither side will give an inch but going into the game I think Aberdeen have the slight edge with McInnes' experience as a manager.

I'm going to have to look at the outright decision here because I think the most realistic outcome is a draw. Both teams could cancel each other out. Aberdeen have boosted their midfield with the signings of Chris Forrester from Peterborough and Stephen Gleeson from Ipswich but is it enough? Compared to Gerrard bringing in the likes of Scott Arfield from Burnley, Allan McGregor from Hull, Connor Goldson from Brighton, and both Ryan Kent and Jon Flanagan from Liverpool... well, it's hard to say that this Rangers team is a lot stronger this season. I still think Aberdeen will get something from this game.

Draw @ 3.40 with Betway

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.80 with 188Bet

@Papa Lazarou, @freestylerx, @allyhibs, @iBetting, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @kulikTS, @golakeh1, @Unnamed, @willie82, @dogmeister, @TheEdge, @JJG, @allthethings, @Mindfulness, @the bastardian, @teddybear3011, @Marek76, @salmonman, @Unnamed, @mij0sim, @harry_rag, @jazzman02 and @sajtion. what bets are you guys lining up for this game and others coming up this weekend?

Dundee United v Dunfermline.

There's no way the home side should be favourites here, Dundee Utd look a shambles of a club going into the new season. Dunfermline have had a strong start in the League Cup and I fancy them here at these prices.

Dunfermline win @ 3.00 to get us off to a winning start to the season.

Hearts Stirling Edinburgh and Plymouth are my 4 fold. Hearts have been hammered into 5/6 and should beat a poor Hamilton team that will struggle to score goals. Berwick are very poor and Stirling have solid squad so 6/5 looks a very good price. Edinburgh have bought a few decent players for this level whereas Albion look like they could be whip boys this year. Plymouth have bought a lot of players but are building on a solid base. Walsall don't have a defence (signing defenders because only 1 centre back is fit) so 13/8 looks good price. 

well the league is back and i am looking forward to it. the heartbreak i had back in april was soul crushing but i am mostly over it and ready to aim high again in the new season. just for those who don't know yeah i missed the £15.000 payout by a single goal and that sucked as i couldn't retire for six months and go on long holiday abroad but here we go again.

looking at the fixtures there are some interesting games but its way too early to be analytical and objective so i'm just going to have a acca bet on what i feel has  50% or more chance of happening, so here is my acca tip for those who follow...

accrington stanley vs gillingham BTTS

barnsley vs oxford BTTS

preston vs qpr BTTS

nottingham forest WIN

portsmouth WIN

blackpool WIN

mansfield WIN

grimsby WIN

wigan WIN

£20    pays £20.000

good luck

Football Facts and Streaks regarding League Two and Premiership

Morecambe scored in last 6 games in League Two.
Bury FC has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in League Two.
Yeovil Town scored in last 3 games in League Two.
Bury FC scored in last 4 games in League Two.
Morecambe has over 2.5 goals in their last 5 games in League Two.
Yeovil Town allowed opponents to score over 1.5 goals in last 4 games in League Two.
Celtic has over 2.5 goals in their last 6 games in Premiership.
Dundee has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Premiership.
Celtic has over 2.5 goals in their last 4 home games in Premiership.
Livingston has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Premiership.

You can find interesting 85 Football Betting Streaks for 04.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-04-08-2018-10759

Coventry vs Scunthorpe

Coventry are one step closer to where their fans feel they should be after decades of demise. Their League One campaign begins with this challenging home tie against Scunthorpe at 3pm on Saturday afternoon at the Ricoh Arena where only a win will satisfy the home support.

Mark Robins has been a busy boy over the summer with nine players coming into the club and eight players departing. The big news was the sale of star striker Marc McNulty for an estimated £1.5 million. It seems cheap money for such a key player. Will the signings of Jonson Clarke-Harris from Rotherham and Jordy Hiwula from Huddersfield set against McNulty's sale? It's a gamble.

Nick Daws begins his first full season in charge of Scunthorpe. They narrowly missed out on promotion via the play-offs last term and it's been an interesting summer at Glanford Park. The likes of Olufela Olomola from Southampton, James Horsfield from NAC Breda, James Perch from QPR, and Matty Lund from Burton have set tongues wagging as the signings. However, a few players have left for teams higher up the league such as Murray Wallace to Millwall, Hakeeb Adelakun to Bristol City, and Conor Townsend to West Brom.

Both of these teams have suffered key losses this summer and this game will give an indication as to how they have reacted to those big name exits. I think the Iron have probably lost players across more key areas of the pitch but I also think they have strengthened more effectively than Coventry.

I'm not sure I can see past a draw here. Both sides might be tentative and a draw wouldn't be a bad result for either side. It'll be a cautious affair and I think a low-scoring draw is probably the most realistic outcome. I'm not totally convinced either side will be battling for promotion this season and play-offs is possibly the best they can hope for.

Draw @ 3.30 with Boylesports

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.70 with MarathonBet

17 hours ago, willie82 said:

Hearts Stirling Edinburgh and Plymouth are my 4 fold. Hearts have been hammered into 5/6 and should beat a poor Hamilton team that will struggle to score goals. Berwick are very poor and Stirling have solid squad so 6/5 looks a very good price. Edinburgh have bought a few decent players for this level whereas Albion look like they could be whip boys this year. Plymouth have bought a lot of players but are building on a solid base. Walsall don't have a defence (signing defenders because only 1 centre back is fit) so 13/8 looks good price. 

I have to agree regarding Stirling, Berwick really are a very poor side, odds for the away win have slipped to 2.00 now but it still looks a good bet to me :ok

Edited by allyhibs

1 hour ago, allyhibs said:

I have to agree regarding Stirling, Berwick really are a very poor side, odds for the away win have slipped to 2.00 now but it still looks a good bet to me :ok

Allyhibs, what do yoy Think about Hearts awaywin today?

Edited by Teodore

12 minutes ago, Teodore said:

Allyhibs, what do yoy Think about Hearts awaywin today?

They should beat a poor Hamilton side but the odds of 1.80 for the away win looks poor value. I think Hearts are being priced here on their home form, which is very good, they tend to be pretty rubbish away from home. I, of course, want them to lose every game they play so would never tip them. 

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premiership

Rangers has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 games in Premiership.
Aberdeen has under 2.5 goals in their last 3 home games in Premiership.
Rangers scored in last 3 games in Premiership.
Aberdeen scored in last 9 games in Premiership.
Aberdeen scored in last 6 home games in Premiership.

You can find interesting 93 Football Betting Streaks for 05.08.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-05-08-2018-10762

8 hours ago, allthethings said:

Scotland League 2 fact...week 1 is a minefield for home sides priced at under 2.00. All away dogs are 5-6-4 in the first week, and this is the rare season where all of the matches feature a fave of under 2.00, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a few surprises.

Updated...5-8-6 for the away dogs now (10 seasons), with the points won by Queen's Park and Elgin today.

Hibernian v Motherwell.

After Dunfermline winning yesterday, it's Hibs turn today to make it 2 from 2.

Motherwell have been weakened with the loss of some key players today, a combination of players being sold and injured means they come to Easter Road looking a bit threadbare. The odds for the home win look a little skinny for me but i'm confident we can score a few today, we usually do at home, and have this game won comfortably. The odds on Hibs ht/ft look appealing.

Double Result Hibs/ Hibs @ 2.75.

46 minutes ago, allyhibs said:

Hibernian v Motherwell.

After Dunfermline winning yesterday, it's Hibs turn today to make it 2 from 2.

Motherwell have been weakened with the loss of some key players today, a combination of players being sold and injured means they come to Easter Road looking a bit threadbare. The odds for the home win look a little skinny for me but i'm confident we can score a few today, we usually do at home, and have this game won comfortably. The odds on Hibs ht/ft look appealing.

Double Result Hibs/ Hibs @ 2.75.

I'm liking the look of the SPL this season @alllyhibs. I think Gerrard will do well at Rangers. I'm surprised Brighton let Goldson go for £3m to be honest. He is an immense young talent, and with him the sideI can't see Rangers concededing many goals.

I like the look of your mob too, and see they have been tipped to finish 3rd or higher by some.

Lumping on the Hibees today & going with the HT/FT:ok

4 hours ago, Tiffy said:

I'm liking the look of the SPL this season @alllyhibs. I think Gerrard will do well at Rangers. I'm surprised Brighton let Goldson go for £3m to be honest. He is an immense young talent, and with him the sideI can't see Rangers concededing many goals.

I like the look of your mob too, and see they have been tipped to finish 3rd or higher by some.

Lumping on the Hibees today & going with the HT/FT:ok

Yeah, Scottish football is on the up at the moment, crowds are up everywhere, managers like Brendan Rodgers, Neil Lennon, Steve Gerrard will only increase the interest and drama, could be a proper title race this year as well with a few teams looking good. Still expect Celtic to be champions but it might not be as easy as recent years. Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen will be right on their tails I think. Hibs could be a good bet for 2nd if we strengthen the squad before the window shuts, which we will.

Good win and performance from us today, bet was never in doubt once we got the first goal. Betting on goals in Hibs games could be a good plan this season.

Rumour up here is Brighton are one of a few English clubs about to bid for John McGinn, whoever gets him has a top player on their hand, he's the real deal.

On 05/08/2018 at 7:21 PM, allyhibs said:

Yeah, Scottish football is on the up at the moment, crowds are up everywhere, managers like Brendan Rodgers, Neil Lennon, Steve Gerrard will only increase the interest and drama, could be a proper title race this year as well with a few teams looking good. Still expect Celtic to be champions but it might not be as easy as recent years. Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen will be right on their tails I think. Hibs could be a good bet for 2nd if we strengthen the squad before the window shuts, which we will.

Good win and performance from us today, bet was never in doubt once we got the first goal. Betting on goals in Hibs games could be a good plan this season.

Rumour up here is Brighton are one of a few English clubs about to bid for John McGinn, whoever gets him has a top player on their hand, he's the real deal.

Thanks for the tip pal, I had a good weekend, yours was the icing on the cake!!!so hopefully it carries on.

Ill be reading your posts and expert opinion with more interest now, as like you say, its looking good up there this season.

I'll keep an eye out for this McGinn fella, havent heard much about him to be honest, but Ill do a bit of reserch now!

:cheers