** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Suggestion for Reading Material Related to Sports Betting

real55555

Not sure if this is under the right section but here it goes.

As per title, looking for some books or reading materials related to sports betting. 

Can be knowledge about way to improve chances of winning in sports betting, or even insights into how bookmakers operate, or stories of fixing matches in some fishy leagues or anything that you came across that you enjoyed reading that is related to sports betting.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, real55555 said:

As per title, looking for some books or reading materials related to sports betting. 

Can be knowledge about way to improve chances of winning in sports betting, or even insights into how bookmakers operate

Mathletics by Wayne Winstone....About how to use stats to predict (rate/rank) sports ,mainly yank sports but can be adapted for football .

Stastistical Thinking in Sports by Jim Albert & Ruud Koning.....Statistical modelling in sports, football ,baseball,tennis & hockey , quite math heavy.

Optimization Modeling with Spreadsheets by Kenneth Baker....Linear/non linear programming in excel using solver, quite math heavy

Build Your Own Expert System by Chris Naylor.....First book that got me interested in (A.I.) sports modelling back in 1983 on a 16k Sinclair ZX Spectrum in BASIC :eek . Principles still hold up today and IMO a very easy insight into computer modelling although you would have to adapt the BASIC code yourself to suit python which would be the language of choice now.

A bit geeky but those should keep you busy for a while.

1 hour ago, Valiant Thor said:

Mathletics by Wayne Winstone....About how to use stats to predict (rate/rank) sports ,mainly yank sports but can be adapted for football .

Stastistical Thinking in Sports by Jim Albert & Ruud Koning.....Statistical modelling in sports, football ,baseball,tennis & hockey , quite math heavy.

Optimization Modeling with Spreadsheets by Kenneth Baker....Linear/non linear programming in excel using solver, quite math heavy

Build Your Own Expert System by Chris Naylor.....First book that got me interested in (A.I.) sports modelling back in 1983 on a 16k Sinclair ZX Spectrum in BASIC :eek . Principles still hold up today and IMO a very easy insight into computer modelling although you would have to adapt the BASIC code yourself to suit python which would be the language of choice now.

A bit geeky but those should keep you busy for a while.

Thanks for the suggestions, probably looking for smth less geeky or less 'maths heavy' as I do not like to over complicate my system, but looking towards something more enjoyable to read. But I'll check out your last suggestion "Build your own expert system"

Thanks again.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Suggestion for Reading Material Related to Sports Betting