Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** October Competition Winners: Well done to Roland Cooper (NAPS), BillyHills (KO Cup), Theodore007 (Football Tipster Competition), Bagzi (Last Man Standing Comp) & Demios (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
jazzman02

2018/19 Europa League Ante-Post Betting

uel.thumb.JPG.2f103c4ccfc7e8d1583709025f5e6bc0.JPG

Early days with just over half the initial field known - two stand out as value for me; Arsenal at 10/1 with Skybet boast a 3x Europa League winning manager in Unai Emery and off course posted a deep run to the semi-final of last years competition, I also like they're early transfer business under the new manager and they'll alos have Pierre Aubameyang available for selection this time round. Villarreal are a massive 50/1 with 188bet with some firms going 16/1. Spanish clubs have a fantastic record in this competition winning 6 of the last 10 renewals. Villarreal are the strongest of the Spanish contingent on my ratings.

Bet

1pt - Arsenal to win the Europa League @ 10/1 with Skybet

0.5pts - Villarreal to win the Europa League @ 50/1 with 188bet

Agree with @jamiedavies02 Arsenal looks like a great value, the sensations with the new coach, together with interesting transfers could deliver a solid performance.

Instead of Villareal, I would consider Sevilla, which despite Monchi departure, it will all be how they handle the summer transfers, but the team he built, there is still some of that there.

I posted the below in the Champions League Antepost thread...

cl.thumb.JPG.489233c2cc9cb38a4773ee1caa34c114.JPG

I'm going to apply the same theory to the Europa League and add a few more teams to my portfolio...

Bet

0.5pts - AC Milan to win the Europa League @ 20/1 with various

0.5pts - :Lazio to win the Europa League @ 20/1 with various

0.5pts - Atalanta to win the Europa League @ 50/1 with various

Already Advised

1pt - Arsenal to win the Europa League @ 10/1 with Skybet

0.5pts - Villarreal to win the Europa League @ 50/1 with 188bet

Based on current teams in the Europa League, only two names that stands out as possible winners which are Chelsea and Arsenal, and of course the likes of Marseille and Sevilla are teams that have a chance as well if they hit their form in the knockout stages. However, if we add the dropouts from the Champions League, then it totally changes the whole scenario. Chelsea and Arsenal are not world beaters at the moment, so if there is any big teams that are placed third in the Champions League group stage, I'd like to think the winner of the Europa League would come from this group of Champions League dropouts. One of the almost certainty will be either one of Liverpool, PSG or Napoli from group C of Champions League, Monaco, Dortmund or Atletico from group A of Champions League, Barcelona, Inter Milan or Tottenham from group B. These dropouts certainly are a match or not far from the standard of Chelsea or Arsenal.

Just my 2 cents for betting in this market.