** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Quarter-Finals Predictions > Jul 6th & 7th

Brazil vs Belgium

Belgium have revealed a defensive problem in their last game, with Japan scoring two goals in a row. But for they are superior in overall quality, Belgium may find it hard to make a comeback.

On the other hand, Brazil's overall strength is better than that of Belgium. Besides, their attacking quality is great. 

The AH line is -0.50 for Brazil, which is in favor of Tite's team.

Considering both sides' performance in the Last 16 tie, Brazil have a better chance to beat Belgium in normal time.

I'm sure Cavani will play if he is anything close to being fit. Uruguay are hard to score against, with top quality strikers, they will have a chance against anyone...It's not like France have played that well, Argentina gave them some easy goals. So around 7/2 looks a fair bet to me.

2 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

uruguay to win in extra time is 16/1 with skybet which seems fair enough max £15

Odds are good, although we have not seen any extra time goals yet? Value is definitely on the home side. I don't see many crazy scorelines so instead of Uruguay's win I went for CS 1-0 @10 with Betfair

Edited by markus808

Football Facts and Streaks regarding FIFA World Cup

England are undefeated in 93% of their last 15 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Croatia are undefeated in their last 8 matches in FIFA World Cup.
Sweden have kept a clean sheet in 83% of their last 6 matches in FIFA World Cup.

You can find interesting 75 Football Betting Streaks for 07.07.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-07-07-2018-10267

Sweden vs England

The second day of Quarter-Final action is coming up tomorrow and the matches begin with an all-European tie between Sweden and England in 3pm BST kick-off at the Cosmos Arena in Samara. It's a fixture that has a fair amount of history and it is probably a match-up that not many people expected seeing at this stage of the competition.

Janne Andersson has defied the odds to get his team to this stage of the competition. Very few people tipped them to qualify from their group let alone top the group. Then they prevailed victorious against a Swiss team that came into that game as the firm favourites. There is now a feeling that this side that is playing as a cohesive team unit could shock the world and go all the way.

England passed their toughest test yet by beating Colombia on penalties in the last 16. No doubt, if you're in or around the internet over the past few weeks then you've probably grown tired of the "It's coming home!" memes. The English public now believe more than ever that they can reach the Final at the very least and even go all the way. Even head coach Gareth Southgate has called on his players to seize the opportunity because they might never get this close again.

It has only been over the past few meetings that England have started to come out on top against Sweden. England have won 2 of the last 3 meetings between the nations that have taken place over the past 7 years. However, before that, England had failed to beat Sweden in the previous 12 encounters. That meant England had not defeated Sweden since 22nd May, 1968 before their victory over the Swedes in a friendly back in 2011.

On paper, this would appear to be England's game to lose. Sweden have shown the resilience needed to get the job done and I have no doubt that if England under-estimate this Swedish side then it could be a problem. I'm not expecting an exciting game at all. Both sides have laboured through their games so far. The two head coaches favour a more progressive style.

The one major issue for Sweden could be the suspension of Mikael Lustig. Any change to a defensive back-line that has been so organised through the tournament could cause issues. A change to the defensive line-up is the last thing Andersson will have wanted against an England side that possesses potentially one of the most frightening front-lines at the tournament.

I'm feeling that England should win this but they might do it the hard way. A number of key players such as Dele Alli and Raheem Sterling need to start upping their performance levels if Southgate's men are to win this. I can see them scraping an arduous 1-0 win. This is far from a cut and dry result though. People that are already pitting England against Russia or Croatia are being very naive. Write this Sweden team off at your peril. I think Southgate and his side won't make that mistake.

England to win @ 1.95 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.56 with 188Bet

Russia vs Croatia

The host nation are up once again defying expectations as they face-off against Croatia in a 7pm BST kick-off on Saturday evening at Fisht Olympic Stadium in Sochi to cap off the Quarter-Final matches this weekend. The two sides of this match will know before kick-off whether Sweden or England await them in the Semi-Final.

Russia have simply exceeded all expectations in this tournament. As the lowest ranked side in the FIFA rankings they were tipped by many, including myself, to not even make it out of the group stages. Yet here they are in the last 8 and just 270 minutes away from being the biggest surprise World Cup winners. Right now, it feels like anything is possible in this tournament!

Croatia are still on course to match their best World Cup finish. That was initially achieved in 1998 with the likes of Davor Suker, Robert Prosinecki, and Slaven Bilic. Twenty years on and there is growing support for this Croatian side to go all the way. Players such as Luka Modric, Dejan Lovren, Danijel Subasic, Ivan Rakitic, Ivan Perisic, and Mateo Kovacic have been doing the business so far. It's well and truly on.

My gut instinct is that this game is one too far for Russia. Fair play to Stanislav Cherchesov's team, they have gone far further than many of us anticipated. Yes, they have had some luck... I mean, VAR was a central controversy in that win over Spain in the last 16. On another day, they might not have been so lucky. Still, every World Cup winner has stated you need luck to progress in a World Cup.

I really like this Croatia side. I think they have a decent head coach in Zlatko Dalic, it is the best crop of players for a generation, and they have shown the fight to get this far even without really playing to their full potential. They are going to click against somebody soon. It could happen here.

The combination of Croatia being due an excellent performance and the emotional exhaustion Russia endured in that famous win on penalties over Spain in the last 16 means I think Croatia will take the win here. It could be a workmanlike display that sees them grind out a single goal win or they could win it comfortably. I'm not sure. I am just backing a low-scoring game with the Russians involved and I'm not entirely sure Russia will score.

Croatia to win @ 2.25 with BetStars

BTTS "No" @ 1.72 with Marathonbet

17 hours ago, Xcout said:

Uruguay vs France
2018, July 6, 16:00 hrs (CET Time)
World Cup

Both Teams to Score Yes with 6 units @ 2.32 at Coolbet

Result:

Uruguay 0 - 2 France

- 6 units

France made a great match, and despite Uruguay having good chances, Loris performance was key for Brazil. This is one of those matches, where the call was right, it was near, but just Uruguay just did not score.

I would definitely go for Croatia winning the game and Over 2.5 goals, somehow I don't believe Russians will be able to defend well against them. Will probably go to Bethard since they usually have good odds, sometime even better when match just goes live.

Croatia is a marginal favorite in betting companies, the qualification will depend on its own effectiveness. Russia will give her possession and will defend herself by striking back into the counter-attacks. The few goals have a lot of luck
RUSSIA vs CROATIA @@ +2.50 Under, odds 1.47

Classic two-time football is going to be a tough fight, with England taking the lead. Sweden is mainly based on its defense, it will reasonably hold England in, which if serious can get the qualification relatively easily. I'll bet in England
SWEDEN vs ENGLAND @@ ENGLAND, odds 1.95

If Alli is dropped for Loftus-Cheek it could give England more options. I can see Sterling finally getting in one good move to open up a stubborn defence. Worried about fatigue too with Kane and a couple of others. If Vardy is fit he could make an impact late on.

So hard to call but I'm going to have a "reverse patriot" bet on Sweden to qualify at 2/1. Win either way :)

Under 2.5 goals @ 2.56

Russia vs Croatia
2018, July 07, 20:00 hrs (CET Time)
World Cup

It was expected for Russia to fall against Spain and call it a day, but they where able to come from behind and draw the match via penalty. From that point Russia was focused on defense and had the good fortune of not getting another goal, in the penalty shootout Akinfeev was the key to advance.  The lowest FIFA ranking nation is surpassing everyone expectations.

On the other side Croatia, meanwhile tie against Denmark, they clearly dominated the match and had in their hands the penalty in extra time time to win it, but Schmeichel stopped Modric shot. And in an intense penalty series, where the goalkeepers shine, Rakitic scored the last penalty to send Croatia to the Quarterfinals.

Both arrived after penalty shootouts, and here only one can prevail. The Croatian side looks to be it, because, meanwhile both teams have good goalkeepers, Croatia with Subasic and Russia with Akinfeev, is from there onwards where the Croatia team packs more quality, with Rakitic and Modric leading from the midfield a team with many interesting quality players, they should dominate the actions on this clash.

Russia will not make it easy, but so far only on the opener against Russia the team was abler to shoutout the other team, on the rest they have at least allowed a single goal. When defense has been hard,  as against Uruguay, the team went scoreless. Meanwhile Croatia has scored in every single match of this World Cup, and their defense shoutout Argentina and Nigeria.

Croatia with 6 units @ 2.12 at AsianOdds

1 hour ago, Bett said:

I've put money on a draw at half-time for Sweden vs England

1.95 @ Bet365

Both sides will be play it conservatively in the first half i feel, and not much will be happening.

0-0 or under 0.5 would be better then, it will give you odds around 2.4. 

The lineup of Croatia with 4 very offensive players - Mandžukić, Rebić, Kramarić, Perišić surprised me a lot, but still.. I think, that they have everything. Experiences, quality, mentality... all except the home pitch advantage. Which in my opinion won't be enough this time.

Croatia won't play on possession, they will play to create as many chances as possible and with so many "finishers" on the pitch, it seems that they want to "finish" the match as soon as possible.