** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Anthony Gibson

Hi guys,

Does anyone know anything about Anthony Gibson? I bought my Dad his book "Value Seeker" back in 2015 or so. He never looked at it and now I find it in my hands :) Claims on the back to have made 1,380 units in 18 months which sounds absurdly high to me. At a glance his method is focused on finding long priced value picks on the morning of a race by using the Racing Post. Looks like he tries to identify owners who have a high winrate at a certain course/distance over a sample of more than 10 races. I can dig for more details if anyone is interested in his method.

But does anyone have experience of this book's method or Mr Gibson himself? He makes claims about large profits for his tipping services but I don't seem them proofed anywhere to a third party.

Thanks guys :cigar

ps. should also mention i've tried a bit of googl'ing myself but can't find too much or anything that I would trust.

Edited by TastesLikeTuna

14 hours ago, TastesLikeTuna said:

does anyone have experience of this book's method

I have the book .

Its the basic stuff you find in most other system/method type books dressed up in his version of how it should be used, a lot of padding just to tell you to select unexposed horses from trainers in profit  with over 10 wins and @ 20% sr .

As with most "value" system/methods long losing runs are inevitable (he states his is 39 with a largest draw-down of 79.62pts) . ok if your playing to small stakes, I wouldnt expect many high stakes players would entertain it unless they had a high 5 figure backup bank

I personally think you could come up with something better yourself  just looking at racing stats.

ps. should also mention i've tried a bit of googl'ing myself but can't find too much or anything that I would trust.

Seems he's a "pro gambler" , system seller , writes books and sells tips usually means deals in BS

Edited by Valiant Thor

IMG_20180703_120446612_1.thumb.jpg.7ac01ff7e0a0aefb2239bc3e99a921a2.jpg

These 2 aren't a bad read if the value stuff interests you, especially the Mark Coton book as he was the original Pricewise of the racing post.

If memory serves me right picked these 2 up at a charity shop for a couple of quid each and both unread just the dust covers a bit tatty

Edited by Valiant Thor

On 6/30/2018 at 8:20 AM, Valiant Thor said:

On 6/30/2018 at 8:20 AM, Valiant Thor said:

Seems he's a "pro gambler" , system seller , writes books and sells tips usually means deals in BS

No person in their right mind would sell or document a highly profitable system unless it was for a substantial amount they couldn't refuse. Tips perhaps, but not the system itself.