Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
Sign in to follow this  
CzechPunter

Tennis Tips - July 16 - July 22

Jason Kubler to beat Ernesto Escobedo at 1.57 with Paddy Power

Ernesto Escobedo is as one-dimensional as it gets and I was really shocked by some of his recent performances, the one against Joyce was exceedingly bad, for example. He might also be tempted to jump ship and hope to get into the Atlanta qualifiers, so, all in all, I fancy the much better player to prevail here.

Ramkumar Ramanathan to beat Tim Smyczek at 2.00 with bet365

Once again Ramkumar is underrated and given even money even though he's played great tennis this week. Tim is ranked 123 and Ramkumar 161 and it's probably what makes Tim favored to win but I'll go for the indian again. I mean he's doing some good stuff so why not. Tim isn't anything special.

Andrey Rublev to beat Robin Haase at 1.72 with bet365

Andrey has already beaten Robin twice on clay and hardcourt, last time this season in Monte Carlo. Going against Robin looks worth it this time.

Evgeny Donskoy to beat Marco Trungelliti at 2.37 with bet365

Evgeny has a 2-0 record in this matchup and I think he has a good chance of extending his record. The price on Evgeny is a mystery. Marco has done nothing to deserve 1.57. I will defenitely be on Evgeny here.

49 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Andrey Rublev to beat Robin Haase at 1.72 with bet365

Andrey has already beaten Robin twice on clay and hardcourt, last time this season in Monte Carlo. Going against Robin looks worth it this time.

Evgeny Donskoy to beat Marco Trungelliti at 2.37 with bet365

Evgeny has a 2-0 record in this matchup and I think he has a good chance of extending his record. The price on Evgeny is a mystery. Marco has done nothing to deserve 1.57. I will defenitely be on Evgeny here.

Im thinking totally opposite on both matches, but hey, good luck!:)

3 hours ago, MrCrossover said:

Im thinking totally opposite on both matches, but hey, good luck!:)

I agree more with MrCrossover here. Rublev had tough match yesterday against FAA and he looked pretty gassed at the end of the match. That was also his first match in 3 months, so his fitness might be questionable, so I will avoid that one.

Donskoy ended his match very late, at 1 am and I don't like that. I was even thinking about betting on Trungelliti -2 games, but as I didn't see neither of them for quite some time, I will rather leave it alone.

Hopefully better opportunities will come soon. Good luck to all! 

27 minutes ago, losingpunter said:

Ramkumar is not an Indian. Maybe dual citizenship but he has an American passport.

Born in India, Indian parents, playing for India in the Davis Cup, official residences Barcelona and Chennai, calling him Indian makes sense to me.

Dudi Sela to beat Steve Johnson at 3.27 with Pinnacle

Dudi Sela already beat two big servers in Newport (Tomic and Karlovic). He has very good record against big servers on grass. He beat Isner, Querrey, Anderson and Muller in past on grass. Low bounce in Newport suits him. Interestingly Johnson in previous years lost to Young, Ito and Hewitt in Newport, which all have a bit similar game to Sela. 

3 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Born in India, Indian parents, playing for India in the Davis Cup, official residences Barcelona and Chennai, calling him Indian makes sense to me.

Aside all you have mentioned, how can anyone call him anything else with a name like Ramkumar. An eagle dosent suddenly become a chicken just because it lives among chickens. lol!!!

Ramkumar Ramanathan to beat Tim Smyczek at 2.05 with Unibet

I'm with @four-leaf on this one. His game has more depth, his form is less questionable, and his attitude is always excellent. At odds against, the Indian looks worth a punt. I have to admit that I didn't see Smyczek in action in Newport, but his performance against Paul was just laughable.

8 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Rajeev Ram is one exception since he is 100% american but with an indian name.

I fully disagree with you.  What makes him 100% American? Firstly you are always what your father is regardless of where you are born. He originates from an Indian seed. Fact! So that 100% declaration is out the window. Rajeev was born in Chenai by Indian parents and cannot be described as anything else. Indians even more than Africans always ensure that they bring their children up in the traditional way instilling all their values into their children. I can guarantee you that rajeev speaks the language and will 9 times out of 10 stick to cultural values and stay in a relationship with a girl of similar background.

Sorry I did not know you were referring to Rajeev Ram. I was still on Ramanathan. Even then, everything I said still applies to him aside the point of saying he was born in Chenai. Ram was born in the States. Still, no difference. He is as Indian as they come. His seed and orientation still supersede the American factor!

20 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

@anthony412 Hello and welcome to PL. Just keep checking the forum, it's full of picks :ok

@liquidglass Well, I can imagine a few exceptions to that rule, but Ramanathan ain't one.

im very thankful to PL to find the best site and im first timer in this site anyone can guide me to the forum to get best tips on football

2 hours ago, anthony412 said:

im very thankful to PL to find the best site and im first timer in this site anyone can guide me to the forum to get best tips on football

please, no swearing. :ok