** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Naps -Tuesday June 19th

840 Brighton

Ask The Guru 4/1 Bet365

All eyes will be on Ascot I suppose but its not that easy to find a winner. Lady Aurelia and Sergei Prokofiev look solid favourites but the opposition is strong enough to temper the bets for me.
I like Ask The Guru at Brighton who has been there and done it all before, at the age of 8 he still gets into his stride very quickly and I reckon he can lead these all the way. Its a funny race with nearly half of the field carrying over weight and a couple of others are woefully out of form so it should only involve about 4 of the 11 runners. David Egan has been booked who will know more about him after last time and the selection has found a very weak class 6 here.

2.30 Ascot – Queen Anne Stakes (Group 1) → RECOLETOS  win @ 11/2 (Ladbrokes) :ok

There are two international raiders in the Queen Anne this year with Yoshida an interesting contender from America having won a Grade 1 at Churchill Downs on his seasonal reappearance last month for William Mott. However, preference is for RECOLETOS to provide France with another victory in the race after Solow and Goldikova in the last ten years. The colt was one of the top three-year-olds in France last year, starting his campaign with a Group 2 victory before finishing third in the French Derby. He added a Group 3 success to his name later in the season and then finished a creditable fourth in the Champion Stakes behind Cracksman. However, he has shown improved form in 2018 dropped back in trip by Carlos Laffon-Parias, winning a Group 2 over a mile with an impressive turn of foot on his seasonal reappearance. The colt then gained a Group 1 victory in the Prix d’Ispahan last month where he came from last to first under Olivier Peslier. The top jockey is booked to ride again at Ascot and RECOLETOS can make it a hat-trick of wins in 2018 on his second trip to the course.