** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Saturday June 16th

345 Chester

Midsummer Knight 7/2 BetVic

This sprint is best left to the two low drawn fancied horses Midsummer Knight and Fool For You. My preference is for the Karl Burke 3yo who is a fast starter and this trip and track look perfect for him. In form Hayley Turner gets the ride and it really is point and shoot here, miss the break and forget it.

3.00 York WEEKENDER. 11/4  General. 

Went off to fast last time at Sandown with a step up to 2 miles. Did nothing wrong really and probably come up against a good one. With more patienctly ridden today could find the Answer. This fast going could be too quick for the fav.

YORK

Win bets:

2.25    Spanish City    5-2 

3.00    Marmelo (nap)    15-8 

5.15    Presidential    7-1 

E/W bets

York 3.35    Citron Major    11-1

York 4.05    Duck Egg Blue    10-1

I've been having a good run in the last month or so since I gave up trying to find 6/4 winners in small field Condition and Group races (with limited success !) and turned my attention to better priced handicap runners.

Most days I look at the better class 2, class 3 and some class 4 handicap races and stick to the all aged ones where there's a bit more form than the 3yo only races.

Lots of racing today so I've had a flit around the qualifying races and picked something in most of them to give me something to flick over to as a break from the footy (it's a 4 game marathon)

Fancies

York 1.50 - Desert Ruler 6/1, Armandihan 11/1

York 2.25 - Spanish City 5/2, The Feathered Nest 9/1

Sand 2.35 - Rio Ronaldo 9/2

Sand 3.15 - Chiefofchiefs 5/1

York 4.05 - Duck Egg Blue 11/1, Destroyer 16/1

Chester 4.55 - Spirit of Wedza 9/2

Sand 5.35 - Precision 7/1, Bear Valley 28/1

Leic 7.10 - Cheerfilly 11/1

That gives me plenty to watch !

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

I've been having a good run in the last month or so since I gave up trying to find 6/4 winners in small field Condition and Group races (with limited success !) and turned my attention to better priced handicap runners.

Most days I look at the better class 2, class 3 and some class 4 handicap races and stick to the all aged ones where there's a bit more form than the 3yo only races.

Lots of racing today so I've had a flit around the qualifying races and picked something in most of them to give me something to flick over to as a break from the footy (it's a 4 game marathon)

Fancies

York 1.50 - Desert Ruler 6/1, Armandihan 11/1

York 2.25 - Spanish City 5/2, The Feathered Nest 9/1

Sand 2.35 - Rio Ronaldo 9/2

Sand 3.15 - Chiefofchiefs 5/1

York 4.05 - Duck Egg Blue 11/1, Destroyer 16/1

Chester 4.55 - Spirit of Wedza 9/2

Sand 5.35 - Precision 7/1, Bear Valley 28/1

Leic 7.10 - Cheerfilly 11/1

That gives me plenty to watch !

Lol good luck on these!

I to am flicking between football, got stung on my Morocco bet!

I’ve found only 2 bets today that I’m willing to put my own cash on.

3.00 York - Weekender at 13/8 without Marmelo. I’m being cautious as I’m not sure how good Marmelo is? I don’t see any other dangers with Time To Study held especially over shorter!

3.15 Sandown - Via Serendipity 11/2 - what a price on this horse who can go on this ground. Beat Salt Whistle Bay on worse terms. I do have Gossiping on my watch list but it’s still a bit high in the weights so I’ve got it alarmed for another few pounds drop in my opinion. I’m actually going a hefty bet on this one. May be cautious and do it eway! I’ve given up on Almoreb!

14 minutes ago, godofhorses said:

Lol good luck on these!

Morocco was my first world cup bet as well ……… 

my second is a double on Argentina and Croatia

Good luck with Via Serendipity which was certainly on my short list for that race ….. but it's a competitive race and I had quite a long short list !

I think I finally crossed it off because it looks a bit stuck on a mark of 90 having been beaten 1 or 2 lengths in it's last 3 runs. It seems that it has nothing in hand of the handicapper now. However it's obviously in good form and if it runs to it's mark it should be thereabouts again. 

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Morocco was my first world cup bet as well ……… 

my second is a double on Argentina and Croatia

Good luck with Via Serendipity which was certainly on my short list for that race ….. but it's a competitive race and I had quite a long short list !

I think I finally crossed it off because it looks a bit stuck on a mark of 90 having been beaten 1 or 2 lengths in it's last 3 runs. It seems that it has nothing in hand of the handicapper now. However it's obviously in good form and if it runs to it's mark it should be thereabouts again. 

I can’t see Serbia losing on Sunday!! Got done decent players!

Oooh just got Weekender in for my bet (2nd to fav) nice profit!

5 hours ago, godofhorses said:

Lol good luck on these!

I’ve found only 2 bets today that I’m willing to put my own cash on.

3.00 York - Weekender at 13/8 without Marmelo. I’m being cautious as I’m not sure how good Marmelo is? I don’t see any other dangers with Time To Study held especially over shorter!

3.15 Sandown - Via Serendipity 11/2 - what a price on this horse who can go on this ground. Beat Salt Whistle Bay on worse terms. I do have Gossiping on my watch list but it’s still a bit high in the weights so I’ve got it alarmed for another few pounds drop in my opinion. I’m actually going a hefty bet on this one. May be cautious and do it eway! I’ve given up on Almoreb!

Another very profitable day!!!!!!