** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2018

Penny For A Thought

I think people really need to know what tipping is about before getting involved in it. In its full and most practical definition, it is about extricating vital information from the pool of information and ideas constantly flooding into your head with the aim of poluting your clear line of thought. Most tipsters and punters will normally hear voices regularly. The fact is this: most of those voices you will hear, especially the loud ones that immediately prompt you into action are deceptive and wrong. They have the effect of derailing your thoughts and chaining you into a frustrating demonic sequence of hopelessness. The problem with some people on here is that they most times get carried away with the excitement and potential of that initial deceptive thought and try to pass them on as certified facts. Good tipping is not about publishing a diary of your thoughts but about pruning those thoughts in a bid to extricate the thought of the diary

Those who have already been down this road and who can relate to what I am saying will realise that there is a certain invisible force that comes with these deceptive thoughts that can sometimes enslave you to a belief system till you suddenly realise at the end that you have been manipulated by forces unknown. Everyone's diary is similar! interpreting and passing on that information comes with experience. Experience can only come from the logbook in wells of your battling spirit. These days i am more apt to sense winners and losers simply from odds movement and sheer spiritual perception. This has always been a deep and complicated indulgence despite the pretty and superficial face of the indulgence

Every year and at different times of the season we see people come and go on this forum. The majority of them extinguished and overpowered by a process that they can never penetrate or get to grips with, arrested by the prevailing question of how to fight the invisible enemy, they cave in. When you constantly share every thought that comes into your head without caution, you finally find yourself becoming a joker and a glorious fool and suddenly find the need to disappear as people pay you less attention. It is for those reasons that the main members of this forum are still here. They take time to preserve that spirit of the desire to tip. They nourish it and treat it wisely chosing when and when not to write.

Tipping is so infectious especially to the unsuspecting reader. They will most times be attracted to the wrong tips than the right tips. For example if the forum has say six tips put up and one was wrong, 90% of visitors would have played that wrong one. Every one has to be professional and circumspect thinking of others before publishing anything. No one says you must publish a tip daily. Sometimes just pass through and look and appreciate reading the tips of others. Find something else to feed your ego aside causing the misery of others. We need to collectively come together to strive for more credibility!!!

Angelique Kerber/Serena Williams over 2.5 sets at 2.50 with bet365

Anyone who thinks Serena will win this easily will probably be dissapointed. Angelique have already beaten Serena in a GS final and can surely do it again. Angelique is at her best and Serena is back in good form and I fully expect this to go the distance.

Corentin Moutet to beat Pedro Martinez at 1.72 with bet365

Pedro hasn't been tested yet, he could have gone out in the semis but Mikael Ymer was probably to tired to challenge Pedro after 3 consecutive 3 seters. Corentin is the better player and I expect him to win this.

Aleksandar Vukic to beat Tom Fawcett at 2.10 with bet365

Qualifying for Gatineau challenger and I think Aleksandar should be the better player here so it looks wrong to have him as underdog. Tom has only player one match since march 19 and it was 3 days ago when he lost to Tom Jomby in Winnetka. He still is ranked 764 while Aleksandar is 445 and they also met last season in a futures tournament, Aleksandar won that one in 3. I expect Aleksandar to come out on top again. Tom hasn't showed anything that makes him the fav to win this.

Final set yesterday finished 26-24 which can't be any good for whoever managed to reach final, Isner looked shattered nearer the finish more so than Anderson. I know wimbledon have it you must win by 2 clear games, both players agreed after match that something has to be changed, as this match could have went on for an eternity. Just watching the match yesterday I felt that there was more pressure on Anderson throughout that last set as he had to hold his serve or he was out, whereas Isner could have lost his serve but had the chance to break back next game. Both exceptional servers so why should one seem to have less pressure on serve rather than equally throughout last set. Why can't say Isner serve first to make it 7-6 then Anderson is allowed 2 service games, where this makes it 8-7 to Anderson, so Isner then has to serve to stay in match, and just carry on like that, to me that would seem a bit fairer in last set, rather than one person always needing to hold serve or out, with more pressure on his serve every time than Isner. Don't know much about the ins and outs of tennis, as I just watch occasionally, but that match yesterday needs rules sorted for benefit of the players.

what a great sportsman Kevin Anderson is, did anyone hear his after match press speech?

“I don’t really know what to say,” Anderson said. “Just playing like that in those sort of conditions, just really tough on both of us. At the end, you feel like this is a draw between the two of us, but somebody has to win.

“John’s such a great guy. I really feel for him because being on the opposite side, I don’t know how you can take that playing for so long and coming out short. I apologise if I’m not more excited right now. It’s just so many mixed emotions. Getting through something like that is quite difficult.”

:clap

4 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Pedro hasn't been tested yet, he could have gone out in the semis but Mikael Ymer was probably to tired to challenge Pedro after 3 consecutive 3 seters. Corentin is the better player and I expect him to win this.

Ehhhh.....

5 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Interesting how you reach you conclusions my guy. A clear case of subjective thinking. Martinez disappoints you in a previous bet and you will find anything possible to find justification to go against him? Man goes through a tournament not dropping a set and you still think he has not been tested. Or did you also fail to notice Moutet's price going out from 4/7 to 8/11 well before the start of play? Also how did you arrive at who you deemed to be the better player?

@dave5perth I don't really agree personally, I love this "eternal" format!

N.Djokovic/K.Anderson - Over 3.5 sets at 1.91 with Paddy Power

Willing to have a punt on this at this price, Anderson has shown so much fight in this tournament that he's going to be ready mentally. Not sure which guy is going to be more tired and I suppose that Djokovic is going to take this in the end, but, at 1.91, this is the bet that I like the most for the final.

8 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

@dave5perth I don't really agree personally, I love this "eternal" format!

N.Djokovic/K.Anderson - Over 3.5 sets at 1.91 with Paddy Power

Willing to have a punt on this at this price, Anderson has shown so much fight in this tournament that he's going to be ready mentally. Not sure which guy is going to be more tired and I suppose that Djokovic is going to take this in the end, but, at 1.91, this is the bet that I like the most for the final.

Hi Czech. I can't see this match lasting more than the sets when Anderson has had a tough long match against Isner while Djokovic back to his best after beating Nadal 

19 hours ago, liquidglass said:

Interesting how you reach you conclusions my guy. A clear case of subjective thinking. Martinez disappoints you in a previous bet and you will find anything possible to find justification to go against him? Man goes through a tournament not dropping a set and you still think he has not been tested. Or did you also fail to notice Moutet's price going out from 4/7 to 8/11 well before the start of play? Also how did you arrive at who you deemed to be the better player?

Well I can't say I reached to any conclusion. Just bad betting by me.

Djokovic Vs Anderson

If ever there was an apt definition for the word conumdrum then this is it - Djokovic vs Anderson on the verge of untangling what to all intents and purposes is a "tennis conumdrum". The head to head record stands at 5-1 Djokovic with a seemingly obvious chance of making it win number 6 in a matchup that has not been totally one-sided despite the h2h stats.

If Djokovic is going to win this, then he will do so by the "obvious" that we already know about - Kevin Anderson's irrecoverable fatigue problem. On the other hand, if the punter is going to end up losing this, then he would have done so handicapped by this same knowledge of what is assumed to be the human being at his physical elastic limit.

Being one who has been exposed to almost all the possible permutations of surprises in this game, you will never see me attempt to solve such an enigma without the aid of my spiritual binocolas. Tennis is tennis - a game played by humans where natural laws must apply. There are also times when one needs to slightly disregard the natural and give room to the supernatural. What Mr Anderson is trying to achieve is by no means common place or natural. Trying to etch the name of South Africa in tennis history certainly has to require some supernatural intervention, the sort that would suddenly propel the gears of the human mind into neutral.

I will expect Anderson to run on adrenaline for a long way giving me enough room to cash out on my expectation which is for him to win a set at 4/6. In adrenaline mode Anderson will have enough time to rewind to the good times of his past, and more in particular to Wimbledon 2015 when he had Djokovic on the ropes by being 2 sets to love up till he lost his way and lost that match in five sets.

I really think that the difference between that version of Anderson and this version, is mental conditioning and resilience. This version looks rugged and pruned for robotic excellence. I also think the cryptic hands of nature has a hand in this final too. She certainly did not create the scenario where the Djokovic/Nadal match was stretched over two days for nothing, or did she? 

Djokovic on the other hand does not look in perfect physical shape. He looked a bit ragged and frustrated at times in that match with Nadal plus the list of unknown physical worries with him.

In summary, this tip is made in line with expecting a positive from Anderson despite the presumed fatigue. I really think he has a good chance of winng. I really do. However, I will be sticking the wise money on him winning a set at 4/6. Good luck everyone. I hope you enjoy the game!!!!

Edited by liquidglass

On 11/07/2018 at 7:13 AM, CzechPunter said:

Not sure that grass is Kerber's favourite surface, but she's certainly capable of winning, she has the mental resilience to do that here and there. She'll have to survive two big-hitting onslaughts though.

I hope you did the bet on Kerber to win Wimbledon, Czech