** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2018

Kerber very impressive! Kasatkina massively talented but the UE count is far too high. 

Kerber has been like a wall - serving for the match now and expect her to do it this time...

EDIT: entertaining match but very frustrating from a betting point of view. Kasatkina was immense in 60% of the points and errant in the others. Kerber was very solid. Great rallies between the two of them. 

Edited by JusticePunting

6 minutes ago, losingpunter said:

All win

Congrats - I was very surprised. This Wimbledon has been an awful tournament for me after a very positive last month, +25% ROI etc.

Wimbledon has just been one loss after another. There's been plenty of upsets but very few warning signs to me that the underdog was going to spring a surprise (with the exception of Gulbis, Bertens, Buzarnescu and Kasatkina but they all failed in the end in varying levels of disappointment). Going to take a break and be back in time for the Summer Masters tournaments...

20 hours ago, losingpunter said:

Kerber, Ostapenko and Goerges all to win @5 with Betway.

Goerges has defeated a worth while player in Vekic. I watched kiki once last week against Mihaela and she struggles if dragged to third sets. So key for Goerges is to drag the match to 3rd set and then we are set. Ostapenko the way she rebounded yesterday makes her a favorite as well and Kerber playing a 19 yr old kasatkina will be a tough one for her. She should get through

Well done on winning your bet 

I managed to get Serena, Kerber, Ostapenko and Goerges to win at 5/1 paddy power which is surprising as i thought i would get bigger odds for this bet

What do you think of all four quarter finals where each player wins a set. I think it is about 8/1 paddy power

Rafael Nadal vs Juan Martin Del Potro

Over 39.5 games 4/5 paddy power 

Nadal to win 3-1 11/4 paddy power

I think this will be a very interesting match where Nadal will have a tougher than what he had at the French Open against the same opponent. Nadal will have to play his best if wants to win this as his opponent is comfortable playing on this surface 

Angelique Kerber to win Wimbledon 3/1 paddy power

I can't believe she is at this price when grass is her favourite surface and is playing well. Also Serena who is favourite has only just come back to playing tennis again and has not really been tested against a top player who was won Grand Slams 

Edited by owenclass

Nadal Vs Del Potro

Nadal holds the superiority and clear lead of 10-5 in the head to head stats of this rivalry and looks in the driver's seat for victory no 10 against Del Boy.

Firstly, I really do not know what effect the carry-over game that finished early yesterday will have over Del Potro. I would guess not much as he managed to finally swat Simon off in four sets conserving the much needed energy in the process. Del Potro's brand of tennis bothers me most times considering the arsenal that he possesses with his application to duty most times leaving a lot to be desired. I always refer to him as a "paper tiger", one created for cosmetic effect for his constant inability to be viscious and brutal on the court. One would imagine that with the immense power from that forehand, he should be swatting away his victims easily when he has to. He also suffers from acute passiveness and sluggishness as he most times exhibits when making that laboured walk as he prepares for the next point. His big forehand is not used aggressively enough and is mostly used in counter-punching mode more to get out of a tight corner than put his opponent in a tight corner. If he uses that forehand the way he used it in that US Open final when he beat Federer, this match can end quick. Someone needs to tell him that he needs intensity and urgency in his game as would be required today to keep Nadal on the back foot.

I did not write this article to say anything about Nadal. Assume anything you may. He is what he is. If it aint broke why fix it!! I would expect Nadal to come out with the same intensity hoping to quickly force Del Potro into doing a Michael Jackson (backslide).

I am assuming that Nadal will resume plying his trade from way back in the court in retrieving and counter-attacking fashion. It will be then up to Del Potro to take my advice and follow most balls to the net behind that monster forehand. That is really where victory should lie for him. I am going to assume that Del Potro will read this just before match time as he promised me he would. Fingers crossed!! 

Verdict: If Del Potro follows my advice with a robust aggressive game and good netplay, this should be easy and finish under 39.5 games. Del Potro to win handsomely!!!

Edited by liquidglass

ATP Challenger Winnetka - R16

Tommy Paul is playing only his second tournament after coming back from injury. Two weeks ago he played in Winston-Salem futures, where he lost in the Finals against Michael Redlicki. He beat some unknown players, so it is hard to judge his form. King is in quite bad form, but the truth is that he played on clay and grass in last few months. Paul beat Smyczek in R1 on Monday, but he again needed some treatment on his right elbow (the same injury that put him away for six months this year). Tommy Paul collapsed on court after the end of the match and was down on the ground for several minutes.

I recomend 2/10 bet on Evan King @ 2.82 Pinnacle

ATP Wimbledon QF. Isner vs. Raonic

I am going with Isner and over here. Both are big servers with limited return game. Raonic was broken 3 times so far in Wimbledon, while Isner did not lose his serve at all. This is best Wimbledon tournament for Isner. Before this year he never passed third round and now he is in Quarter-Finals. Conditions do have some role in this, as this year we have very hot conditions and very little rain, which made surface a bit harder and balls are jumping a bit higher and those conditions are much better for Isner. They have met 4 times, with Isner leading 3-1 in H2H. Last two matches between them ended with tie break in all sets with only 5 break points in 5 sets (none converted).

I recomend 2/10 bet on Isner @ 2.3 Pinnacle
I recomend 2/10 bet on Over 47.5 games @ 1.81 Pinnacle

John Isner to beat Milos Raonic at 2.20 with bet365

Big John in 3 thank you very mutch. Milos stands no chance with his current form. He's dropped serve 3 times so far and is very unblanced in terms of being clinical in situations where he should be winning points easily. Big John is having his best season ever and it's only gonna get better with a possible ATP Finals appearance. That confidence he's gathered during the season can carry him big time in this match.

3 hours ago, losingpunter said:

Djokovic and Federer to win 3-0 , 4.00@betway

No explainations required for Federer game. it is a cake walk. Djokovic game is the one where I just think Nishi can take a set away from him but if Djokovic starts the match fast it should be a cake walk for him.

Cake walks can often turn out this way.

Well, let's see. Not too hopeful about Isner anymore, but stranger things have happened (Anderson today, for example). Will be in a slight plus for the tournament regardless of the result, but not sure how many more bets there are going to be with only a couple of matches left. Nice to see both Moutet and Ymer winning in Bastad today though, still some hope there!

Tom Jomby to beat Tom Fawcett at 2.75 with bet365

I'm having trouble seeing Tom Jomby going out after he's clinically sent out Reilly Opelka. This Winnetka challenger is full of upsets but having Jomby as underdog to wild card Tom Fawcett is something I can't understand. 27 year old Tom Jomby playing at protected ranking with current ranking 501 and career high 337 achieved 2015 meets Tom Fawcett 22 year old wild card ranked 764 and career high 725 achieved in april this season after a successfull winter. With semifinal in Calabasas F8 futures losing to Marcos Giron and before that qualifying for Newport challenger after beating Jason Jung, Chris Eubanks and Marcos Giron and at the time Eubanks were ranked 323 and Jung 235. Now both are or have been top 200 since Eubanks have fallen a few spots off his career high 183. But even though Fawcett has been on the move this season I have to try a bet on Jomby. Also Fawcett is coached by experienced former ATP player Paul Goldstein with 11 hardcourt challenger titles and career high 65 in 2006 and 85 wins and 115 loses on the regular tour.

What are the thoughts from Winnetka and WInnipeg tonight? If anyone has any suggestions or opinions please share.

I've gone for a treble from Winnetka and Winnipeg tonight with a local bookie. In Winnipeg: Yunseong Chung at 2.50 who meets Go Soeda. In Winnetka: Tommy Paul/Dayne Kelly under 21.5 games at 1.80, Mitchell Krueger -1.5 sets at 2.20 and he meets Collin Altamirano. I don't think any of the bets are particularly safe so please give me some opinions. I'd be happy to land this treble so I want to feel a bit more sure about it.

Yunseong Chung is 20 years old and comes from 2 straight hardcourt ITF futures titles and registers at his career high ranking 369. He hasn't faced a matchpoint in 10 matches. His opponent Go Soeda is 33 years old and registers at rank 178 and comes from having lost in the Wimbledon qualies 2nd round to Jurgen Melzer. No biggie deal about that. In April he reached a challenger semi on carpet other than that he hasn't gone past the quarters in any tournament. His worst loss have been to no.674 Blake Ellis in Kyoto challenger quarters. Strange loss that one and another quarter loss to Yasutaka Uchiyama the week after. Go is not having the best of seasons while the korean Yunseong is on the rise so he might have a chance on the upset.

Tommy Paul should easily take out the aussie Dayne Kelly who I don't rate at all but I'm still worried Tommy can mess things up.

Mitchell Krueger ranked 220 comes from Wimbledon qualies where he lost to Reilly Opelka in 3. His opponent Collin Altamirano ranked 490 have qualified for Winnetka and won his last 4 matches in straight sets and his career high is 488. Mitchell had problems in his last 2 rounds but won in 3 both times and beat Marcos Giron and JC Aragone, players higher ranked than Collin. Now Collin comes in with some good momentum into this but it can still very well end in straight sets to Mitchell but Collin upset Darian King ranked 160 in his last match in straight sets but Darian has no form as far as I know. Collin can make life difficult for Mitchell but It still doesn't feel wrong to pick the favourite to win this in 2. Mitchell should win in 2.

Those are my thoughts about these 3 matches but it could easily end with me being wrong on every bet. Annoying not to be at least somewhat sure about the outcome.

15 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

What are the thoughts from Winnetka and WInnipeg tonight? If anyone has any suggestions or opinions please share.

I've gone for a treble from Winnetka and Winnipeg tonight with a local bookie. In Winnipeg: Yunseong Chung at 2.50 who meets Go Soeda. In Winnetka: Tommy Paul/Dayne Kelly under 21.5 games at 1.80, Mitchell Krueger -1.5 sets at 2.20 and he meets Collin Altamirano. I don't think any of the bets are particularly safe so please give me some opinions. I'd be happy to land this treble so I want to feel a bit more sure about it.

Yunseong Chung is 20 years old and comes from 2 straight hardcourt ITF futures titles and registers at his career high ranking 369. He hasn't faced a matchpoint in 10 matches. His opponent Go Soeda is 33 years old and registers at rank 178 and comes from having lost in the Wimbledon qualies 2nd round to Jurgen Melzer. No biggie deal about that. In April he reached a challenger semi on carpet other than that he hasn't gone past the quarters in any tournament. His worst loss have been to no.674 Blake Ellis in Kyoto challenger quarters. Strange loss that one and another quarter loss to Yasutaka Uchiyama the week after. Go is not having the best of seasons while the korean Yunseong is on the rise so he might have a chance on the upset.

Tommy Paul should easily take out the aussie Dayne Kelly who I don't rate at all but I'm still worried Tommy can mess things up.

Mitchell Krueger ranked 220 comes from Wimbledon qualies where he lost to Reilly Opelka in 3. His opponent Collin Altamirano ranked 490 have qualified for Winnetka and won his last 4 matches in straight sets and his career high is 488. Mitchell had problems in his last 2 rounds but won in 3 both times and beat Marcos Giron and JC Aragone, players higher ranked than Collin. Now Collin comes in with some good momentum into this but it can still very well end in straight sets to Mitchell but Collin upset Darian King ranked 160 in his last match in straight sets but Darian has no form as far as I know. Collin can make life difficult for Mitchell but It still doesn't feel wrong to pick the favourite to win this in 2. Mitchell should win in 2.

Those are my thoughts about these 3 matches but it could easily end with me being wrong on every bet. Annoying not to be at least somewhat sure about the outcome.

One quick comment. I just do not think that it makes sense opposing Collin the way you have decided to go about it.  He has a better win record than Krueger this year regardless of where those wins were achieved. Another thing is that the outcome of any match is not like tomatoes that you can weigh on a scale and get specific results. Giron and Aragon being ranked higher than Collin means nothing in terms of how Collin is going to match up with Krueger. Krueger's price @ 1/2 on the face of it is risky enough even thinking of win purposes only. He has also played 2 three setters in his last two matches. Collins should really being on a high here in my honest opinion and looks like the one that should really be backed to win a set. What do I know1 I could still be wrong. Good luck!!!

No idea on those unfortunately, I can't even keep track of Wimbledon to be honest :loon, wanted to watch some of the doubles in full but no luck. Good luck if you get on those picks, however!

Novak Djokovic to beat Rafael Nadal at 1.94 with Unibet

I would really like to have some great analytical insight on this match-up, but I'm afraid that so much has been said about it over the years that I can't really add anything. The surface should help Djokovic slightly, everyone can see that, but I also think that he's in a slightly better place mentally, more match fit and has already had tougher tests on grass. Nadal had exactly one thanks to his cakewalk draw and he nearly lost, so chances are that he will now. Not a lock by any means, but I'd have Djokovic at 1.80 here given my point of view.

53 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

One quick comment. I just do not think that it makes sense opposing Collin the way you have decided to go about it.  He has a better win record than Krueger this year regardless of where those wins were achieved. Another thing is that the outcome of any match is not like tomatoes that you can weigh on a scale and get specific results. Giron and Aragon being ranked higher than Collin means nothing in terms of how Collin is going to match up with Krueger. Krueger's price @ 1/2 on the face of it is risky enough even thinking of win purposes only. He has also played 2 three setters in his last two matches. Collins should really being on a high here in my honest opinion and looks like the one that should really be backed to win a set. What do I know1 I could still be wrong. Good luck!!!

I just hope Collin matches up badly against Mitchell but it's hard to know how a match like this one can go since these players are so up and down. So it's a big risk I've taken there. But there's no big money involved either but problem is I've got no money on the local bookie account if I lose since my last money there went on Jelena Ostapenko/Angelique Kerber over 21.5 games. So it would help if I get that challenger treble correct so I can keep on betting without making any deposits. I should have gone on Mikael Ymer today though but didn't dare to belive he could win but he had a nice price.

John Isner to beat Kevin Anderson at 1.90 with bet365

Big John owns an 8-3 head-to-head record in this matchup and has won the last 5 matches. Last one in 2015 and now Kevin needs to recharge his batteries with only one day to rest from his epic King of grass win. Gonna be tough and he won't get as many returns back in this match as he did in his last and that we all know. The bigger serve wins this match and that's the serve of Big John who is yet to be broken. He can lose a tie-break but we all know he doesn't drop his serve too easily and that's the major factor when I'm looking at this bet. There's every chance that Big Johns serve will be too mutch for Kevin.

55 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Only rarely nowadays, I've got some confidence problems with them after the previous season :\.

Well I know @losingpunter placed a bet on Jomby since he told us he did and that's nice that someone more than I won. We'll see how it goes with my challenger treble tonight. But one thing I got to wonder czech is why you chose to bet on a rivalry like this between Rafa and Djoker. I personally don't see anything more than a coinflip there but I see something real attractive in betting on Big John. It's not to late to bet on Big John to. I hope both bets come in.

2 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Is there nobody but me who dares to bet on the challengers? I got Tom Jomby quite right last time at least.

Lost a bit of money on challengers. The results seem  a bit random so I avoid. Also problem is they are rarely on TV etc...I can only base my decision based on what I see from apps like Flashscore, but that doesn't seem to work.

1 minute ago, South_African_Punter said:

Lost a bit of money on challengers. The results seem  a bit random so I avoid. Also problem is they are rarely on TV etc...I can only base my decision based on what I see from apps like Flashscore, but that doesn't seem to work.

We'll challengers is always very risky to bet on. We'll see how it goes with my bets this time.

14 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Well I know @losingpunter placed a bet on Jomby since he told us he did and that's nice that someone more than I won. We'll see how it goes with my challenger treble tonight. But one thing I got to wonder czech is why you chose to bet on a rivalry like this between Rafa and Djoker. I personally don't see anything more than a coinflip there but I see something real attractive in betting on Big John. It's not to late to bet on Big John to. I hope both bets come in.

Well, to each his own I guess. If we all win, even better.

Mikael Ymer to beat Pedro Martinez at 1.72 with bet365

Finally a great chance for Mikael to be in his first challenger final and I think he will make it. He gets a lot of balls in play and returns clever and he's for sure fired up to be in his first challenger final at home. He did good enough for me in the quarterfinal to justify this bet.

Well Collin Altamirano proved to be to tough, I'm not surprised and it was not a safe bet, just one of my very bad bets because of lack of options but I could have taken Mikael Ymer instead but no I had to go for crap Krueger even though I know he sucks and I knew Altamirano is on a good streak but I placed the bet before I even checked on Altamiranos last matches. Like I said, only a bad bet nothing more and I'm not surprised I was wrong since I often do bad choices. From Tom Jomby to Mitchell Krueger, I don't know what I'm doing sometimes.