** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - June 25 - July 1

Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (+3) to beat Gael Monfils at 1.87 with Marathonbet

Nikoloz Basilashvili (+2.5) to beat Jiri Vesely at 1.83 with Pinnacle

I agree with pretty much everything that's already been said about GGL, Monfils has been a joke so far in this season and should be opposed in situations like these. Meanwhile, Vesely also looks somewhat overrated to me at the moment. Nikoloz hasn't done much wrong recently, while Vesely got lucky to be drawn against the not-so-motivated Verdasco in the previous round.

Damir Dzumhur to beat Jiri Vesely at 2.00 with bet365

I think Damir has been pretty good this week. He deserves to be in the Antalya final. He also owns a 3-0 record over Jiri having beaten him in 3 sets every time on indoor hard twice and clay once. Last time they met was in Sofia 2016.

Caroline Wozniacki to beat Angelique Kerber at 1.80 with bet365

Caroline looks better then Angelique now and has been all of this season. It's an even head to head between them with Angelique leading 8-6 but I think it's time for some payback from Caroline now. Angelique didn't look so good yesterday against Daria Kasatkina and I think Caroline looked mutch better against Ash Barty, Caroline was totally clinical in that match. Of course this is a toss up but I think it's correct to have Caroline as a small favourite as she's looking better.

Mischa Zverev (in 3 sets) to beat Mikhail Kukushkin at 4.00 with bet365

I think Mischa has a great chance of winning his first title of his career this week, if he only passes this match he'll be massive favourite in the final. I think Mischa is the better grass player of these two but Mikhail played well against Kyle Edmund and deserves some credit for that. He's gonna make it tough for Mischa here with his playing style but in the end I think Mischa wins. It's an even record between them with Mischa having beaten Mikhail last two times in Wimbledon in 5 sets last season and this season in 3 sets in Indian Wells. Mikhail won in 2 in Zagreb indoors 2010 and on clay 2013 in Furth challenger in 3 and Mischa also won 2013 in Aptos challenger on hard in 3. So only one 2 set match between them and it was Mikhail who won that one. So taking their record into account I think this ends with a favourite who wins in 3.

3 hours ago, losingpunter said:

So germany are losers in tennis as well. Match well fixed by kerber. Broke twice in 2nd set just to throw the match with a matchpoint. What a spoiled brat. Will never ever bet for her. Hope she loses in early rounds of wimbeldon

And no credit for Caroline who played so well to break down Angelique. Since I saw it all I don't think Angelique wasted the matchpoint by purpose but after she lost that point it went downhill ever since in the match and Caroline deserved to win.

Mischa Zverev (-1.5 sets) to beat Lukas Lacko at 2.25 with bet365

Despite a good effort from Mikhail Kukushkin he could not take a set from Mischa even though he was 6-4 up in the tie-break, it was a stern test for Mischa but he played very well to win in 2. Mischa will apply the same gameplay against Lukas to try and beat him straight sets. Now will be the time for Mischas first title and it should be in straight sets.

Adrian Mannarino/Damir Dzumhur first set tie-break at 3.50 with bet365

I can't really find any good bets for this match but this one at least feels like an ok bet. Adrian has a very good first serve percentage and so does Damir and Damir played well enough on breakpoints against Jiri Vesely to beat him in 2. Saving breakpoints will be the key to be taking first set into a tie-break and both have been pretty good at that this week. Both play good enough from the baseline to make it to a tie-break. I think Adrian wins the match for his first title since he has a 2-0 record over Damir winning both times in 2 but once it was close with 7-5 in first set so I expect at least 12 games in first set but I'm going for the jackpot that is a tie-break. Both have played good tennis and I don't think tie-break in first set will be a bad call even if it ends up with someone getting broken serving for 5-5 or 6-6.

4 hours ago, losingpunter said:

Wozniaki played well but kerber threw the game she was winning easily

If Wozniaki played well as you say, then Kerber would not have been winning easily. WTA matches can be most times intricate and confusing with players sometimes giving off wrong body languages at different phases of the games. Women play in the WTA the same way the act in relationships, always wanting to pick up a quarrel long after you have calmed down. Where you thought Kerber was winning easily was the man stating his case easily thinking he had won. Woziacki responds to it as the woman and turns matters around. Well.....as you know, women always have the last word most times!!!!!! lol!