** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Restricted account

I've now had two bookmakers accounts restricted...first Sky bet and now Bet365. They say I am winning too consistently! I can now use Skybet again...but only betting small amounts. My method was to bet 10% of what was in my bookmakers account. I am 83 years old and disabled and this is my hobby...I have been betting on horses since I was a young man.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

If you're constantly taking odds early on that finish shorter nearly every time, this is a big alarm bell.

I think it's poor from all the bookmakers, but I think soon they'll be told they have to take X off all customers by the UKGC. However, at the moment they seem to be drowned in protecting us punters who clearly don't know what we're doing and are all addicts. ;) 

5 hours ago, NOSBOR said:

I've now had two bookmakers accounts restricted...first Sky bet and now Bet365. They say I am winning too consistently!

I find that explanation from them strange as all the accounts that I have been restricted from not one has ever given me a reason why despite numerous attempts to find out , all i've ever had was 'traders decision'

Coral wil take a decent bet online,

2 hours ago, Sir Puntalot said:

If you're constantly taking odds early on that finish shorter nearly every time, this is a big alarm bell.

I figured that the above might have been my reason as most of the bets I have are front end of the market and get backed in.

At the end of the day even though I think its wrong that  genuine punters now have to suffer .(brought on by all the bonus baggers and scammers thinking they were smart but ruining it for everyone, but its the same in every walk of  life, insurance , financial etc )

The real problem will come when they will only take cards in shop, then they can track every bet you make and nobody will be able to make money. It wont be long either with all the sheeple taking up tap and pay and cash getting less and less.:\

Edited by Valiant Thor

49 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Certainly seems random, I have no problems with sky despite winning thousands from them but restricted by PP and BETFAIR despite losing money with them.

I’m in the same boat in terms of being restricted by both Betfair and PP. As both are essentially the same company now, it makes logical sense.

Never been restricted by any other firm ever. PP caused the chain reaction initially with BF following suit afterwards. Never got an explanation out of them. Enails back and forth for months. I gave it up in the end. 

Experiences or second hand experiences.

My son has had many accounts closed.  In each case, no reason given.  Anecdotically, he was telling me he was betting BIG money (well at least compared to me), making 4 figures a month, betting really early.  Now he has just the one account, restricted betting stake, at SP only.

Me.  I have 2 accounts.  No problems.  However Paddy Power asked a whole load of questions before I could open the account so I just walked back out the door. My partner has one account.  No problems.

24 minutes ago, NOSBOR said:

Why do you have to make MUG bets or bet on other sports to keep your account running.

I have read this on several "how to bet...  cough cough" websites.  

I do occasionally bet on other sports when I sense an opportunity.  By default I probably make a MUG bet :loon

A few pointers to keep those accounts a bit longer:

Don't withdraw immediately after a win. Withdraw once a month on the same day, maintaining a decent balance in the account.

Withdraw an amount slightly higher than you want. Pay back in the extra after a few days. (Fools the computer a little!)

Don't use oddschecker or any other comparison site. (You can check the prices but bet direct on bookies site.)

Block your IP with a VPN

Block iesnare and other trackers with a blocker like Ghostery

Spread your bets over at least 4 bookies.

Don't bother trying to keep Stan James or Boyles open, you won't!

Hope this helps.

Edited by Pirate53

• 1 month later...