** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

June 11 - June 17

4 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Yep, let's see what the rest of the day is going to bring, they had some problems with the main court in Stuttgart apparently, playing now though. Buzarnescu appears to be clowning again, let's hope that she can come back in the second for you.

If she keeps her serve I see Falconi dropping the break. Tough call though. 

Molleker R. - Pouille L.

because of the way matches are going today I'm gonna go one stage further than CP and back

Molleker to win @ 4.50 with Bet365

Molleker is in great form having won his first Challenger title (on clay) last month but beating Struff two days ago was amazing, so why not Pouille too who has plenty of bad days and is still "cold" on grass having got a first round bye.

home advantage too for the teenager.

good luck all :ok

Ying-Ying Duan (+1.5 sets) to beat Ashleigh Barty at 2.79 with Pinnacle

Going to go for something riskier tomorrow, as I really like these odds for Duan to grab a set. Barty is better, more famous, etc., but Duan has all the right weapons for grass and she's so talented that she's bound to upset someone at some point. Last year, for example, she managed to steal a set off Simona Halep on grass and the fact that she cruised through her opener suggests that she means business. Barty should win, but the odds are a bit off imo.

Kudermetova 2.20 to beat Krunic Bet365

Kudermetova 2.10 1st set Bet365

Happy to back Kudermetova once again in this one. I don't know if she'll win the tournament but don't see Krunic being a person to be able to match up well going on what I saw yesterday from both players.

Once again I feel Krunic's odds have underestimated Kudermetova. In the first set Schoofs threw away the set and even in the second Krunic's serve looked vulnerable. She gave away 10 break points opportunities in the match and that is plenty for Kudermetova if Krunic serves the same. In the match Krunic won only 60% points on first serves and 50% second serves. Converted only 6/15 break point opportunities and the way Kudermetova is serving she'll probably won't get as many as that.

At times in the match especially in the first set Krunic struggled with Schoof's angles and it was Schoof's unforced errors which cost her in the first set. Kudermetova is a step up from Schoofs especially in the power and I'm going to repeat the same bets as yesterday

Edited by KennyDelight

Naomi Osaka to beat (-1.5 sets) Mihaela Buzarnescu at 2.00 with bet365

No-brainer here, Mihaela isn't exactly the best grass player outthere and Naomi should break Mihaela a few times. The romanian 30 year old has done well this season but Naomi is a bit to good on this particular quick surface that suits her very well and should easily outpower Mihaela. After seeing Mihaela drop two sets to Irina Falconi and Veronica Cepede Royg I think it's time for Naomi to shine.

Katie Boulter to beat (+5.5) Ashleigh Barty at 2.20 with bet365

Best price I've found on this bet compared to 2.17 at Pinnacle and 2.00 at Paddypower. Katie has a good serve, great movement on the grass and she can create some difficulties for Ash. I think Ash wins this in straight sets but it's gonna take some effort to break Katie. More effort than it took to break down her last chinese opponent. I hope this bet is as good as it looks.

Marius Copil to beat Matthew Ebden at 2.37 with bet365

Marius has got a bigger serve than Matthew and why he not be able to win, just because Matthew has played in Surbiton and won his last two matches in straight sets he becomes favourite here. They've met once in Shanghai 2012 and Marius won 7-6 6-4. I think Marius wins again, Matthew is to big favourite even if this goes his way.

Osaka N. - Buzarnescu M.

You probably all know by now I'm Buzarnescu's biggest fan, she's as tough as old boots and not easy to beat.

I know she's struggled in her two matches so far but that will help her in today's match not hinder her.

I'm not really one for stats but one stat I do like is a right handed player's record against a left hander and in this case Osaka's record in the last 12 months is Won 1 & Lost 3

Buzarnescu to win @ 3.25 with BetVictor

Good luck all :ok

3 hours ago, yogg said:

Osaka N. - Buzarnescu M.

You probably all know by now I'm Buzarnescu's biggest fan, she's as tough as old boots and not easy to beat.

I know she's struggled in her two matches so far but that will help her in today's match not hinder her.

I'm not really one for stats but one stat I do like is a right handed player's record against a left hander and in this case Osaka's record in the last 12 months is Won 1 & Lost 3

Buzarnescu to win @ 3.25 with BetVictor

Good luck all :ok

I've changed my mind about Naomi Osaka to win in straight sets and gone for over 2.5 sets. Hope we both win now.

Warriors are awesome…  :) Having just said that, I must try by going for Chardy winning his 10th straight on grass against always good to watch Gasquet. As it is a tournament final, it should be a good match and I believe that the odds should be even, but since they are not, I am willing to go for Jeremy  @ around 2,5 for a win… Gasquet has better h2h 4:1 but they did not play on grass against each other, and Chardy seems on fire these days so there could be a play to watch amongst these fun football matches...

Also, I like another underdog in another final tomorrow - home boy in a challenger, I would rate him as a 60% favorite...

GL

just checked, every challenger tomorrow has a home country player :) Go Daniel :) 

Edited by MABS
additional sentence

On 10/06/2018 at 10:53 AM, KennyDelight said:

Ashleigh Barty 6.00 to win WTA Nottingham Bet365

Barty twice in a row quarter finalist at Nottingham, only losing to Konta and Karolina Pliskova in the past. The draw has been very kind to her, with Konta/Vekic/Rybarikova/Giorgi on the opposite side of the draw. Looking at the half of the draw Barty is in, it seems pretty average. Seeded players on her side are Naomi Osaka, Diyas and Buznarescu. Naomi Osaka is in there but I don't see her as a potential threat on the grass and Buznarescu has no record on playing grass.

Last year Barty pushed Kvitova and Mugaruza on grass and I think her style and patient style of play will be why she will succeed. She'll mix up her shots and her slice backhand will be a weapon once again.

Konta has been in average form the whole season thus far and with Vekic and Rybarikova, I hardly see her having an easy run to the final if she makes it

Further Edit 11/06/2018:

Barty is not playing doubles in Nottingham

Seeded singles players Konta, Diyas, Vekic, Buznarescu all playing doubles

great tip kenny, well done :ok