** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1 & L2 Play-Off Final Predictions > May 27th & 28th

l1ratings.jpg

l2ratings.jpg

It's the League One and League Two Play-Off Finals this coming weekend. The League One Final is set to be between Rotherham and Shrewsbury in a 3pm kick-off this Sunday at Wembley. The League Two Final will be contested by Coventry and Exeter in a 3pm kick-off on Monday.

Let us know which bets you guys will be slamming down for these two matches that will bring the Football League season to a close.

Rotherham vs Shrewsbury

The League One Play-Off Final takes place this weekend with Rotherham taking on Shrewsbury at Wembley in a 3pm kick-off this Sunday. It's another final where the top two teams have made it to the last hurdle. The Shrews finished 8 points ahead of the Millers in the league but that means nothing in this winner-takes-all encounter.

Paul Warne's side put the disappointment of conceding late to draw the first leg 2-2 behind them to see off Scunthorpe in their semi-final clash. Paul Hurst's men showed defensive resilience as they won both legs of their semi-final 1-0 against a tough Charlton side.

Rotherham are a difficult side to play at any time of the season but they are now coming into this final with just 1 defeat from their last 8 matches. They have kept clean sheets in 5 of those games. Shrewsbury might not have ended the season as strongly as Rotherham but they haven't conceded a goal in the last 377 minutes of football they have played.

I am anticipating this match to be like a chess game. The defensive side of both teams is resolute. This is a major opportunity for both sides with neither team really tipped to be in the automatic promotion hunt and not many fancying them for the play-offs. So promotion would equal a very successful campaign exceeding expectation.

Rotherham are the favourites with the bookies but I really like this Shrewsbury side. They were competing for automatic promotion until the final days of the season and it feels like they have regained that fight they had at the start of the season that saw them undefeated in their opening 15 league games. I'm not sure this game will be settled in 90 minutes but I'm willing to back Shrewsbury to get the job done.

Shrewsbury to get promoted @ 2.20 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.73 with Betfair

@Papa Lazarou, @freestylerx, @allyhibs, @iBetting, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @kulikTS, @golakeh1, @Unnamed, @willie82, @dogmeister, @TheEdge, @JJG, @allthethings, @Mindfulness, @the bastardian, @teddybear3011, @Marek76, @salmonman, @Unnamed, @mij0sim, and @sajtion. what are you guys looking to back this weekend in this game?

Coventry vs Exeter

The League Two Play-Off Final will bring the domestic football proceedings to a close in the UK this bank holiday weekend when Coventry play Exeter in a 3pm kick-off at Wembley this Monday afternoon. Two teams that will feel they really should be playing at a higher level than the basement division of English football.

Mark Robins' side have failed to gather any real consistency this season and that has ultimately cost them automatic promotion this season. Only winning 3 of their last 8 league games cost them dearly but they did well to destroy Notts County 5-2 on aggregate in the semi-finals.

Paul Tisdale has already experienced promotion from League Two and promotion via the play-offs as manager of Exeter. Just 1 defeat in their last 8 league games saw them solidify their play-off chances but also just miss out on automatic promotion. Their decent form heading into the play-offs saw them see off Lincoln 3-1 on aggregate and extend their run to just 1 loss in their last 10 matches.

This game is too close to call. Mainly due to the unpredictable Coventry. If Coventry turn up and play like they did in the second leg against Notts County then the match is theirs to lose. However, if they don't play to their potential then Exeter are a side that will punish them. I feel there could be goals in this one but I think Tisdale's nous as a manager will see him get the win here.

Exeter to get promoted @ 2.20 with BetVictor

BTTS @ 1.95 with Ladbrokes

Football Facts and Streaks regarding League 1

Rotherham have won 82% of their last 11 home games in League 1.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in 88% of Shrewsbury's last 8 games in League 1.
Rotherham have kept a clean sheet in 71% of their last 7 games in League 1.
Rotherham are undefeated in 93% of their last 14 home games in League 1.

You can find interesting 87 Football Betting Streaks for 27.05.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-27-05-2018-9724

Had a peruse of this game and gone a bit contrarian on the goals front! I've seen >2.5 tipped and have been persuaded in that direction. Whilst the prospects of an edgy, low scoring affair are obvious enough, I think they may have been over-factored into the prices.

>2.5 goals at 2.56 and >3.5 goals at 4/1 

Wood to score anytime at 12 and buy Nolan's goal minutes at 9

50+ bookings points at 15/8 and 60+ at 7/2 with Skybet, 20+ for each team at 15/8 and 30+ each at 7/1 (also Skybet) and a red card shown at 6.4

Wood's a defender who scores a few goals and, in my opinion, doesn't deserve to be double figure odds today. I've seen Nolan tipped elsewhere for first goalscorer and seems to have been backed as the advised price was gone. I have to agree he's a decent prospect for a scorer bet today and the buy at 9 edges the fixed odds options for me.

Bookings looked a little low at 40 to buy in such a momentous game and the fixed odds prices seemed to offer slightly better value. I've spread my bets around a bit as not been allowed as much as I'd like on any one market. Ref Jones not that prolific but his average rises for League games below Championship level.

10 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Just the Wood goal to minimise the losses. Penalty miss didn't help the overs bet. A couple of first half yellows were also a false dawn for the bookings.

Unlucky Harry. What do you think about today's game? I'm down near Exeter at the moment and there's quite a bit of apathy about it. It feels like they are just glad to reach this stage. It's a tough one to call but I think Tisdale is the better manager. Will Coventry's superior playing squad overcome that though?