** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

May 21 - May 27

4 hours ago, yogg said:

Bertens vs Barthel - WTA Nurnberg

early start for these tomorrow and I'm pretty sure an early bath too for an out of form Barthel against a very much in form Bertens.

Bertens to win 2-0 @ 1.71 with 10Bet

the odds are dropping on this. 

good luck all :ok

Kiki Bertens is good but that 1.71 is just too low for me to be taken.

Ok this is the last bet for today

Marta Kostyuk to beat (-1.5 sets) Martina Trevisan at 2.20 with bet365

The great big talent of this 15 year old ukrainean girl is available to see for everyone and yet she's as high as 1.50 to beat this italian because she dropped a set to Eri Hozumi in first round. I don't think she'll drop a set this time and it comes to me as a nobrainer since Marta is way more talented than Martina. It's 9 years between them and Marta is already ranked top 150, the question is only when she will break top 100. Martina has been top 150 last season for a short period at 144 which is her career high ranking but losing on clay in straight sets to players like Silvia Soler Espinosa in Rabat qualies, Michaela Honcova in a italian 25k ITF and getting destroyed by Marie Bouzkova in Lugano qualies doesn't look good. That 3 set final loss in another 25k italian ITF to Manon Arcangioli 23 years old ranked career high 268 (2015) doesn't look good either. Based on those matches I'd be surprised if Marta drops a set here. In round 1 Martina defeated Francoise Abanda in 3 sets and that's nothing special as well as Martas 3 set win over Eri Hozumi is nothing special. Anyway now I think it's not impossible that Marta will raise her game and likely take this in 2. I better be right about this risky bet since I've already lost a lot of risky bets this week.

I got to take this bet to

Diane Parry to beat Rebecca Sramkova at 6.00 with bet365

Another 15 year old player, french girl Diane Parry with no WTA experience or ranking. Her first match was beating Jana Fett which is very impressive considering how good Jana has been going this season. Gonna be interesting to see if we can have another Marta Kostyuk here. Diane is junior no.27 and Rebeccas career high as junior was 200 4 years ago. Rebeccas favourite surface is hard and we have a 15 year old home player here. Smells upset to me!

Plays for the morning.

thoyhts? 

Sandgren +1.5 $1000

parlay #1

sandgren +220

pella-120

bertens -1.5 -140

310 pays 2814

Parlay #2

pella -120

sandgren +220

bertens -1.5 -140

Barty -260

Opelka -145

Seppi 1st set over 9.5 -135

50 pays 2000

Tomova 2.10 to beat Andreescu Bet365 @ French Open qualifying

Tomova has more experience on clay at 23, her preferred surface. Recently pushed Kuznetsova in Istanbul. Andreescu has only played a handful of games on clay (3 this year, 11 last year) 17 going on 18

Think the odds are the wrong way around

Ok I'm not giving up yet, 3 bets from me today

Caroline Dolehide to beat (-1.5 sets) Maria Irina Bara at 2.20 with bet365

Caroline is up 2-0 against Irina and is yet to lose a set to her. Caroline is about 3 years younger and seeing that she beat Irina in straight sets when she was 16-17 makes me even more confident in this bet. Let's see if Caroline can do it again outside Florida.

2018 $60,000 Indian Harbour Beach, FL USA Clay Final DOLEHIDE 4-6 5-7

2016 $25,000 Wesley Chapel, FL USA Clay Round 2 (Qualifying) DOLEHIDE 5-7 5-7

Harmony Tan to beat Georgina Garcia-Perez at 2.25 with bet365

Going with the french 20 year old woman here seems like the best option. Georgina is nothing special.

Alexandra Dulgheru to beat Tamara Korpatsch at 1.80 with bet365

Dulgheru has played well enough to pass this test as well. I think she should be a slightly bigger favourite. She's also beaten Tamara once last season in 3 sets on hard.

4 more bets from me for today

Andrea Arnaboldi to beat Mitchell Krueger at 1.80 with bet365

Best bet from chellenger Mestres today I think. The american is nothing on a claycourt while Andrea has enough momentum and talent for clay to see this through.

Steve Johnson to beat Marton Fucsovics at 1.80 with bet365

Odds could change here, Steve might drift to 1.90 or more or less than 1.80 so I'm taking this before anything happens because I think 1.80 is good enough on Steve. I don't think Steve will take this easily but he is better on clay than Marton so he should win.

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to beat Ashleigh Barty at 2.50 with bet365

Pavs for me all the way here on this surface where she apparently also is on a roll right now. Ashleigh won their last meeting in straight sets in Zhuhai elite trophy last season but I don't think she's better than Pavs on clay but if it had been grass or hard I would have gone for Ashleigh.

Peter Gojowczyk/Fabio Fognini over 21.5 games at 1.72 with bet365

Not the best of odds but I don't care, sticking with bet365 today. Peter and Fabio going head to head, interesting and most likely a hard fought encounter with 3 sets or at least one tie break because both are playing some excellent stuff right now so over 21.5 games seems reasonable.

2 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

I now think it's a mistake to bet on Steve Johnson today. He's good but he played two matches yesterday and should be a bit tired and with RG next week it's a bad bet to go for Steve so I'm changing my mind on that bet.

Lol he probably wins now. It always happens like that. We doubt a play and it hits 

Simon vs Norrie - ATP Lyon

I don't know where Norrie has found this clay form from but I'm going to roll with it.

he has a great serve as opposed to Simon's lately which I hope will pull him thru'.

this is more of a hunch bet for me, I'm sure we all have them. :)

Norrie to win @ 2.15 with Marathonbet

Norrie to win 2-1 @ 4.90 with Unibet

:hope

@CzechPunter Cori Gauff lost the US open junior final last year only 13 year old to Amanda Anisimova. She's the youngest player ever to reach the US open junior final. Reason why I'm asking about Cori is because she made her pro debut this week on clay in Osprey ITF and won 4 of 5 matches all in straight sets. She's solid as a rock on serve, she didn't drop serve in the entire first set to Katerina Stewart. She lost in first round in the Aussie open junior tournament but come on she was still 13 year old then and she's recently turned 14 and is ranked junior no.20. This girl will be big in the future if she continues this way. I'm interested to see where she will be ranked after RG because of her Osprey adventure.

3 hours ago, yogg said:

Simon vs Norrie - ATP Lyon

I don't know where Norrie has found this clay form from but I'm going to roll with it.

he has a great serve as opposed to Simon's lately which I hope will pull him thru'.

this is more of a hunch bet for me, I'm sure we all have them. :)

Norrie to win @ 2.15 with Marathonbet

Norrie to win 2-1 @ 4.90 with Unibet

:hope

He found it in april when he beat Roberto Bautista Agut in a davis cup live rubber in Spain. Before that I had not seen anything good from him on clay but he's got potential.