Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

Non-League Predictions > National League Play-Off Finals

Tranmere v Boreham Wood

It all comes down to this to see who will be joining Macclesfield in the Football League next season. Will it be Tranmere who have only speant 3 seasons out of the Football League or Boreham Wood who have never been anywhere near the Football League and were a massive price for promotion at the start of the season? In my view it is Tranmere's to lose. As I wrote in the play-offs preview in my view Tranmere were the best team in the league this season, but they blew it with their slow start to the season as they nearly did against Ebbsfleet last Saturday. They really should have beaten Ebbsfleet comfortably, but they gifted them two goals, especially the 2nd and it nearly cost them. In the end 4 top class goals saw them reach the final after extra-time and those 4 goals showed how much class they have in their team. They will have to be careful though not to make mistakes here as Boreham Wood do have it in them to punish Tranmere. In Bruno Andrade Wood have one of the best players in the division and he has scored 20 goals this season. He has the ability to cause Tranmere's defence some real problems especially as they aren't the quickest defence in the league. He scored in both games against Tranmere this season and even if Tranmere do win it wouldn't surprise me at all if he ended up on the score sheet again. Worth pointing out as well that Wood took 4 points off Tranmere this season as they drew 2-2 at Prenton Park in August and beat them 2-1 at Meadow Park in March. As much as these games can be tight I wouldn't be at all surprised if we saw goals again here. Tranmere under performed in the final last season when losing to Forest Green and I think they will be desperate to put things right on Saturday afternoon. As Luton proved getting out of this division when you are a big club can be difficult, but overall this looks a golden chance for them to get back into the Football League.

So what bets are worth having? I like the look of over 2.5 goals at 11/10 with Marathon. I think this game will be pretty open and there is a good chance of goals especially given there were 4 and 5 in both semi-finals and 3 in Wood's elimination game so I would make over 2,5 goals an odds on shot. I think Tranmere will come out on top and like the look of 2-1 and 3-1 on the correct score front. Given I think Boreham Wood will score the odds are high that goal will come from Andrade and so backing him at 13/5 with Bet365 to score at anytime looks a fair bet with a small interest at 15/2 on him to score first. Norwood can score goals from both inside and outside the box and I find it hard to see him not scoring as well so back him both anytime and to score first.

Over 2.5 goals @ 11/10 with Marathon

Tranmere 2-1 @ 8/1 with BetVictor

Tranmere 3-1 @ 16/1 with Bet365

Andrade to score 1st @ 15/2 with Bet365 and anytime @ 13/5 with Bet365

Norwood to score 1st @ 4/1 with Bet365 and anytime @ 5/4 with Betway

NB for some reason 365 have removed their prices although I do suspect they will be back up at some point

Not a bad preview to end the season with 11/10, 5/4, 13/5 and 8/1 winners. There might be a FA Trophy Final preview next week, but that is obviously the end of the League season and its been another successful year on the match betting front. Thanks to everyone who has read the previews and hopefully I helped you make a few quid over the season.