** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2018 Spanish Grand Prix

An interesting season so far and no team as yet settled into a groove. Mercedes must be happy to be so close to the pace without really hitting top form as yet. Ferrari does look the best package to me at the minute but they do have a nasty habit of throwing points away.
Red Bull will always be there to pick up the pieces and this weekend looks like we are going to get another tight scrap. Hamilton and Vettel are 6/4 joint favourites the last time I checked.

We have had safety cars for the last two years yet they were the first since 2009 so maybe its just a sign of the times where the tracks are more aware of safety concerns and seem to stop a race for anything slightly dangerous.

Reliability is pretty good here on the whole so i'm more inclined to stick with the overs this weekend, its 8/15 for over 15.5 and 6/5 for over 16.5.

Early bet
Over 15.5 finishers 8/15 Bet365

At last a bit of joy for Lewis Hamilton as he lands his Merc on pole position. More importantly maybe is the fact that his team mate Bottas is alongside him on the front row. The pair should be able to hold off the Ferraris at the first corner and dictate the race from there.

Hamilton is 4/6 in places but i'm not sure backing odds on to win the race is such a good idea with whats happened this season so far. Bottas is 2/5 to finish on the Podium and that although shorter is much more appealing to me.

For the treble this week I like the two Red Bulls (both 2/7) who will be a bit careful this week to avoid each other and add Alonso (1/3) to the mix and we get 6/5 for the three.

Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 17.55.35.png