** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2 & Scottish Predictions > May 7th - 18th

league1ratings.jpg

league2ratings.jpg

splratings.jpg

It's a scattered fixture list over the coming couple of weeks with SPL league games still in process and play-off matches now being played in the other leagues. Here are the games coming up until Saturday. Give us your thoughts on what are the bets to place here. :ok

Football Facts and Streaks regarding Premiership

Partick Thistle conceded at least one goal in each of their last 7 matches in Premiership.
67% of Hamilton's matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premiership.
Hamilton conceded at least one goal in 78% of their home matches in Premiership.
69% of Rangers's matches had over 2.5 goals scored in Premiership.
Rangers have scored in 88% of their away matches in Premiership.

You can find interesting 52 Football Betting Streaks for 08.05.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-08-05-2018-9449

Hearts v Hibernian

I was expecting Hibs to be odds on here. It's never easy going to Tynecastle as Hearts use every trick in the book to stop you playing football ( growing the grass long etc, ffs). We are simply better than them and if we play positively and attack, which we will, we will win this. A very confident Hibs win at 2.05.

Hearts have conceded 2 goals or more in each of their last 3 matches in Premiership.
Hibernian have been undefeated in their last 12 matches in Premiership.
Hibernian have been undefeated in their last 5 away matches in Premiership.
Celtic have been undefeated in their last 17 home matches in Premiership.
Celtic did not concede any goal in their last 4 home matches in Premiership.

You can find interesting 103 Football Betting Streaks for 09.05.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-09-05-2018-9483

Charlton vs Shrewsbury

The League One play-offs begin tonight when 6th placed Charlton welcome 3rd placed Shrewsbury to The Valley in a 7:45pm kick-off. It's the first leg of what is certain to be a very closely contested tie. Neither side ended the season in the most positive manner so will need to dig deep to re-discover the form that has seen them both reach this stage.

Charlton have looked decent under Lee Bowyer since he came in back in March. He's still not been offered the job on a permanent basis so how much impact will that lack of job security have on him and the players? They have won 3 of their last 4 league games including a 2-0 win away to their opponents tonight.

Shrewsbury were involved in a close battle with Wigan and Blackburn for the automatic promotion places for most of the season before dropping off the pace with just 2 wins from their last 6 league games. There is no denying Paul Hurst has done a cracking job at the New Meadow. Their start to the season of going undefeated for the first 15 league games has helped them to finish in third place but how will they deal with missing out on the top two?

I'm not sure I dare pick a winner. At a push I'd probably punt for a draw but not confident enough to back it. Nerves will undoubtedly be at play in this first leg. I think it will also be a game where both teams will be happy going into the second leg level so cannot see either side being overly adventurous.

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.53 with BetVictor

Total Corners Under 9.5 @ 2.28 with 888Sport

@Papa Lazarou, @freestylerx, @allyhibs, @iBetting, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @kulikTS, @golakeh1, @Unnamed, @willie82, @dogmeister, @TheEdge, @JJG, @allthethings, @Mindfulness, @the bastardian, @teddybear3011, @Marek76, @salmonman, @Unnamed, @mij0sim, and @sajtion. what do you guys think for this game tonight?

Livingston vs Dundee

Scotland - Premiership play-offs

Prediction - Over 4.5 Cards

Price - 7/10 (1.70) - Bet365

Livingston hold a narrow 3-2 lead going into their Second leg of the Play-off semi-finals against Dundee. The first leg was a real thriller as the away side came from behind to win it thanks to Scott Pitman and Joshua Mullin strikes during the second half. The game had many it all and Dundee United was send off in the process. The total number of cards was 6, so now Livi will defend their lead and we can expect another game with a few bookable offences.

Scunthorpe vs Rotherham

Apologies for any offence caused by the following comment but the second League One play-off semi-final is between two of the least fashionable sides in the Football League when Scunthorpe take on Rotherham in a 12:30pm kick-off at Glanford Park this Saturday lunch time.

Scunthorpe have done well to secure their play-off spot so comfortably. Things were looking a bit shaky when Graham Alexander was sacked back in March after a run of 8 league games without a win that saw their play-off hopes fading fast. Nick Daws has come in and managed to win 4 and draw 2 of the 6 league games he's had in charge. Those four wins being their last four matches of the league campaign without a goal being conceded. Impressive stuff.

Rotherham's play-off spot has looked assured for a while under the management of Paul Warne. The Millers ended the season with inconsistent form having won 3, drawn 2, and lost 3 of their last 8 league matches. It was enough to see them finish 4th and they might be kicking themselves that turning a few of those draws into wins this season could have seen them push for the automatic promotion spots.

I have to back the Iron here. Daws has really tightened up that defence and the team seems to be building a good head of steam. Rotherham have struggled on the road this season losing 10 of their 23 matches on the road in the league. Scunthorpe's home form hasn't been outstanding but they've sharpened up under Daws. A home win and I think they'll keep it tight at the back to keep the clean sheet.

Scunthorpe to win @ 2.50 with Betfair

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.77 with 188Bet

Lincoln vs Exeter

The League Two play-offs are something I became far too familiar with as a Cardiff fan during our days back in the "basement division" as they used to call it. In this first game, 7th placed Lincoln will be up against 4th placed Exeter in a 3pm kick-off at Sincil Bank.

The home side are hoping to earn back-to-back promotions after coming up from the National League last season. It would be an incredible achievement for Danny Cowley and his coaching team. However, they have to return to the nightmare of the League Two play-offs. It is the scene of a record five failed attempts to earn promotion between 2002/03 and 2006/07.

Paul Tisdale is the longest serving manager in the Football League having been at Exeter for 11 years and 318 days (and counting!). During that time he's guided them to promotion from the National League to League Two through the play-offs in 2007/08 and earn promotion to League One back in 2008/09 against all odds. Once again, he's put them in contention to be promoted to the third tier of English football.

The Imps squeezed into the play-offs with 6 wins, 3 draws, and 1 defeat from their last 10 league games. They still needed a 4-2 win away to Coventry on the final day of the season to secure their spot in the top seven but it's been a satisfying effort for the League Two new boys.

The Grecians were flirting with the prospect of automatic promotion for a while but only winning 2 of their 5 league games in February and 2 of their 6 league games in March dashed their hopes of finishing in the top three. However, a strong finish of just 1 loss in their final 7 league games helped to consolidate their place in the play-offs so they have realistically anticipated this as their final destination this season for a number of weeks now.

Lincoln proved last season that they know how to thrive in a cup format. The play-offs are exactly that. It's a lottery with both teams going for it. Nothing to lose. Everything to gain. I think this will benefit Lincoln and I can see them progressing through this semi-final and even potentially winning the play-offs. This could be the most exciting tie of the entire 2017/18 Football League play-offs with two sides that know how to attack.

Lincoln to win @ 1.87 with Betfair

BTTS @ 1.95 with Coral

Coventry vs Notts County

The second League Two play-off semi-final game taking place this weekend is between 6th placed Coventry and 5th placed Notts County in a 7:30pm kick-off at the Ricoh Arena this Saturday night. Can one of the biggest teams in English football finally begin their resurgence back up the league ladder or will the second biggest team in Nottingham start their ascent to better things?

Mark Robins has one a great job with this Coventry side but many will feel maybe he could have done even better. If you look at the talent in their squad with the likes of Lee Burge, Jack Grimmer, Dion Kelly-Evans, Michael Doyle, Jodi Jones, and Marc McNulty it could be argued that this side really should have gone up automatically.

Kevin Nolan will certainly be pleased with his season at Notts County. They enjoyed a prolific start to the season winning 8 of their first 10 matches but slowly slipped off the pace but still managed to finish comfortably inside the play-offs despite a defeat and a draw in their final two league games.

There is a sense that Coventry are a club destined for better things. Unfortunately, there is no sentiment in football. The universe doesn't care that the Sky Blues won the FA Cup in 1987. Every team has to earn their place at the top. It's a tough one to call with the two sides only separated by 2 points in the league. Coventry have the more talent but Notts County have more experience a la Jonathan Stead and Shola Ameobi. That experience could prove to be the difference over two legs but not necessarily in this first game.

Coventry to win @ 2.00 with William Hill

BTTS @ 2.05 with Ladbrokes

Hamilton have lost their last 5 away matches in Premiership.
Hamilton conceded at least one goal in each of their last 11 away matches in Premiership.
Dundee FC conceded at least one goal in 83% of their home matches in Premiership.
Dundee FC have scored 33% of their goals after the 75th minute in Premiership.
Partick Thistle conceded at least one goal in each of their last 8 matches in Premiership.

You can find interesting 111 Football Betting Streaks for 12.05.2018 on this link ... http://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-12-05-2018-9509

Hibernian v Rangers.

After Wednesday nights disappointment, it's looking like 4th for Hibs in what has been a very good season. If Hibs win by 6 goals then it'll be a 3rd pace finish, highly unlikely, but there is one thing guaranteed today and that is we will be going for goals, if we can score a couple early then who knows. Rangers also need to win to maybe finish second so it all points to an open high scoring game. Since it's the final game of the season I think I'll have a few bets.

Hibs Win @ 2.50. 

Hibs Over 1.5 goals @ 2.05.

1st Half Over 1.5 goals @ 2.75.

Scott Allan Anytime Scorer @ 5.00.

2 hours ago, allyhibs said:

Hibernian v Rangers.

After Wednesday nights disappointment, it's looking like 4th for Hibs in what has been a very good season. If Hibs win by 6 goals then it'll be a 3rd pace finish, highly unlikely, but there is one thing guaranteed today and that is we will be going for goals, if we can score a couple early then who knows. Rangers also need to win to maybe finish second so it all points to an open high scoring game. Since it's the final game of the season I think I'll have a few bets.

Hibs Win @ 2.50. 

Hibs Over 1.5 goals @ 2.05.

1st Half Over 1.5 goals @ 2.75.

Scott Allan Anytime Scorer @ 5.00.

Well, this game has escalated quickly! Three out of four of those bets in already so decent profit made. Just need Hibs to score two more to bounce back! Riveting stuff!

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to L1, L2 & Scottish Predictions > May 7th - 18th

Shrewsbury vs Charlton

Is it just me or does it seem quite unfair that there are three days separating this play-off and the other play-off in this League One semi-final phase? It only seems like yesterday that these two battled it out at The Valley with the Shrews prevailing with a 1-0 win to take to the New Meadow for this 5:15pm kick-off tonight.

Despite the narrow advantage for the home team, it's still a finely balanced tie. Paul Hurst's team do know how to win at home having notched up 14 victories in their 23 home matches this season. It seems a tall order for the travelling Addicks but time and time again we see the away team in the second leaving the home fans heartbroken.

Charlton will be gutted that they missed an opportunity to take the advantage into this second leg. Lee Bowyer's side don't have the best away record this season with 9 wins, 5 draws, and 9 losses on the road. They have to dig deep to turn this tie around but can they do it?

I think Shrewsbury did the business in the first leg and have enough about them to finish the job off here. I can see them picking off Charlton's attempts to get back into this and even though it won't feel like a comfortable win over two legs for their fans I think they will qualify for the final with a solid performance. Usually I would back a low scoring game here but I can see it being quite open with Charlton forced to take the game to the home side.

Shrewsbury Draw No Bet @ 1.79 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 2.75 with Paddy Power

Rotherham vs Scunthorpe

It's the second leg of this League One play-off semi-final tonight when Rotherham welcome Scunthorpe to the New York Stadium with the tie finely poised at 2-2 after a pulsating first leg. Is it just me or does it seem mightily unfair that these two are playing their semi-final a few days after the other semi-final in this division?

Anyway, unsurprisingly, as the team that has home advantage and finished 5 points better off across the league season, Paul Warne's side come into this game as the favourites with the bookies. It also helps that the Millers recorded the second best home form in League One this season second only to Blackburn. They have also won 8 of their last 10 matches at home. Perhaps most disconcertingly for Nick Daws' side is that Rotherham haven't conceded at home in over 215 minutes of football.

Scunthorpe will simply be glad that they grabbed that 88th minute equaliser in the first leg otherwise they could be facing a much tougher scenario here. As it stands, the Iron must draw on every ounce of their impressive away form that saw them take 10 wins and 9 draws from their 23 matches on the road this season. They will certainly feel this tie is still in their hands. Interestingly, they also haven't suffered defeat away from home since 27th January.

This has all the hallmarks of a classic. This tie is delicately balanced. Rotherham will feel they can get the win needed to get this done before extra-time is needed. However, Scunthorpe will have confidence in their own abilities to grind out something to at least keep this tie alive come full-time. It's too close to call but I am expecting more goals and plenty of action as both teams look to get the edge needed to seal this tie.

BTTS @ 1.95 with Betstars

Rotherham Draw No Bet @ 1.53 with Ladbrokes

Exeter vs Lincoln

The second leg of the first League Two semi-final play-off game is coming up tonight in a 7:45pm kick-off at Gresty Road. The tie is delicately balanced after a 0-0 draw in the first leg. Which of these two teams will hold their nerve and progress to the final at Wembley?

I have a soft spot for Exeter. My family and I head down that way for a holiday every year. We are due to go down there on the bank holiday weekend that the play-off finals take place. I would love to be down there with the buzz of a Wembley visit surrounding the city.

The Grecians could well have influential defender Troy Brown back fit but will Paul Tisdale bring him straight back into the side after the impressive display by youngster Jordan Storey? This could prove to be a defining game for the gaffer with his contract set to run out in October. Will the longest serving manager in the Football League end that run if his side fail to go up?

Danny Cowley has no injury concerns coming into this game but he is heading to a ground where the home side won 15 and drew 4 of their 23 home matches this season. Only four teams came and took a win. That's odds of just 17% in favour of the Imps getting the win on the night. Otherwise they'll need a draw to take it to extra-time and maybe even penalties.

It was a 1-0 win for Exeter when the sides last met in Devon back on 19th August, 2017. The home side are now unbeaten in six League Two matches. Lincoln are now undefeated in four league games. Will something give tonight? I'm expecting a tense low-scoring affair but I think the home side could sneak it.

Exeter to win @ 2.80 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.53 with Betfair

@Papa Lazarou, @freestylerx, @allyhibs, @iBetting, @betcatalog, @Magic0024, @malabgd, @kulikTS, @golakeh1, @Unnamed, @willie82, @dogmeister, @TheEdge, @JJG, @allthethings, @Mindfulness, @the bastardian, @teddybear3011, @Marek76, @salmonman, @Unnamed, @mij0sim, and @sajtion. what are you guys backing for these last of the play-off semi-final matches?

Livingston v Partick.

Livingston are what's known up here 'as a gang of dirty bastards'. It was clear in their play off games prior to this one against Dundee Utd that the overly physical approach was their main tactic. Partick are a better team than Utd and I fully expect Livingston to employ the same tactics here to disrupt the flow of the game. If the ref does his job properly (yeah, I know!!) there will be a few cards shown and surprisingly the bookies have Partick as favourites for most booking points, I think that's wrong. Livingston Most Booking Points @ 2.37 is a value play here.

I seem to be in one of those mini-slumps at the moment that most of us will be familiar with from time to time but I'll offer up my selections regardless! :loon

I also favour the home team here but have a feeling there may be more goals than expected. I wasn't going to bet on either of those eventualities but, as I type this, I've decided to have a small bet on home win and >2.5 at the best price, just to take the edge of any disappointment in case I'm right on both fronts. (9/2 at least.)

As for actual bets:

Stockley 1st goalscorer at 6/1 with Skybet and buy Taylor's goal minutes at 6 with SX

>45 bookings points at 6/5 with Hills

>6 Lincoln corners at 13/5 PP with a saver on them getting 5-6 corners at 9/4 with Hills

Stockley the rightful favourite in the goalscorer markets and appeals at the boosted price (typically 4/1 elsewhere) and Taylor looks a cheap buy as per my "Daily Spread" post. There seems to be an understandable tendency for play-off second legs to go over the bookings lines and I think this is more likely than not to hit 50 points. Given the liking for the home team's prospects it seems likely the visitors may have to chase the game at some point. Exeter concede more corners than average at home and Lincoln gain more away. I like a bet that breaks even if they hit 5.

47 minutes ago, allyhibs said:

Livingston v Partick.

Livingston are what's known up here 'as a gang of dirty bastards'. It was clear in their play off games prior to this one against Dundee Utd that the overly physical approach was their main tactic. Partick are a better team than Utd and I fully expect Livingston to employ the same tactics here to disrupt the flow of the game. If the ref does his job properly (yeah, I know!!) there will be a few cards shown and surprisingly the bookies have Partick as favourites for most booking points, I think that's wrong. Livingston Most Booking Points @ 2.37 is a value play here.

That bet is 15/8 (2.875) with Skybet. You've got me considering bookings generally as Craig Thomson does seem to up the card count when reffing Championship games. Not sure yet whether the better approach is to follow your bet, bet on total Livingston cards or just total cards full stop.

6 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

That bet is 15/8 (2.875) with Skybet. You've got me considering bookings generally as Craig Thomson does seem to up the card count when reffing Championship games. Not sure yet whether the better approach is to follow your bet, bet on total Livingston cards or just total cards full stop.

Yeah that's a typo, should be 2.87.

Craig Thomson tends to be a bit card happy, unless you play for Hearts of course.

A red card could be a good shout.